[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

YOU LIED TO ME /CO/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 430
Thread images: 57

File: Gravity_Falls_logo.png (91KB, 300x172px) Image search: [Google]
Gravity_Falls_logo.png
91KB, 300x172px
So I just marathoned the entirety of Gravity Falls.
First off, I was an idiot for not watching it when it was airing. This show is practically PERFECT. I don't think I could praise it enough. Every episode feels handcrafted, pun intended - not like literally EVERY SINGLE other modern cartoon garbage I've tried to watch.
But you guys keep complaining about the show, and most of those complaints are about Mabel. I have one question: WHAT THE FUCK!? There was not one point in the series, not ONE point, when I felt that Mabel was a bad person or had gone "too far", so to speak. In fact, MANY times I was more irritated with Dipper, and that was THE POINT - they were written extremely well-balanced!
And yes, this includes season 2B. I don't know what is up with you guys, but you had me scared for a drop in quality as some point. It just never came. The finale was so fucking epic...
The ONE thing I can agree on to some extent was the treatment of Pacifica in the finale, but it didn't bug me much for two reasons: the line about her parents where she clearly realizes now her family is in the wrong in some way at least, but also it's much more realistic that way - a childhood of snobbish upbringing isn't going to go away that quickly, but her signing the letter (with a heart no less) and participating in practically every major wrap-up scene shows that's she's changing for the better. (I also noticed her parents were portrayed in a slightly better light in the finale, which may keep them from drifting apart and hating each other in future.)
tl;dr: My hat's off to the entire crew, who somehow managed to break through the horror show that is modern Western animation (the fact that a lot of character stuff was apparently based on the real life experiences of the show's creator may have had a LOT to do with it). And shame on you, /co/. Shame on you.
(OH, AND THAT FUCKING THEME SONG, MAN. THAT FUCKING THEME SONG. That's what finally got me to watch this show, in fact...)
>>
File: 1488349431776.jpg (75KB, 643x820px) Image search: [Google]
1488349431776.jpg
75KB, 643x820px
>>93312247
>>
>>93312271
There's a tl;dr in there you idiot. And it HAS to be long, I'm pissed off as fuck.
>>
File: Ducktales - Scrooge Silhouette.jpg (2MB, 2063x3131px) Image search: [Google]
Ducktales - Scrooge Silhouette.jpg
2MB, 2063x3131px
>>93312247
If you think that's good. Wait until you see the sequel that's coming out in August.
>>
The finale was a bit disappointing, but the show itself was fantastic. People tend to only remember the ending.
>>
>>93312398
>The finale was a bit disappointing
How? Other than the very minor issue with Pacifica's characterization, I just don't see it.
>>
As a rule of thumb, you should check out a show if it has constant threads. Regardless of how many people say it's bad in them.
>>
>>93312412
Not >>93312398, but my only issue was that the circle that was hyped the whole series turned out to be pretty underwhelming. But man...the way that Bill DID go down in the end. That made up for it in SPADES!
>>
>>93312412
none of the clues that Alex left were useful in the finale. What was the point of any of it? The circle was especially useless. And Bill wasn't even supposed to be the main villain, but he decided to rush to end the show so he could get a shitty show on fox that hasn't even revealed yet.

Plus Stan getting his memories back without Bill coming back is stupid.
>>
>>93312488
>And Bill wasn't even supposed to be the main villain
What!? Who was then? Were there any hints?
>>
HEEYYY DIPPER

WANNA SMOKE SOME

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-19-08-32-56.png (360KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-19-08-32-56.png
360KB, 1080x1920px
>>93312505
>Question: Before you decided to make Bill the main bad guy, did you have another character in mind that would have been the villain?
I would've preferred if he wasn't the main bad guy but Alex ran out of ideas
>>
>>93312593
>some sort of cthulhu

Glad they didn't go with that. Keep cosmic horror away from kid shows. Either you debase it into nothingness, or you'll just have a fuckload of crying children.
>>
>>93312247
Gravity Falls did a lot of teasing, with implications of complicated and sinister backstory, many many codes and hints embedded in the episodes and supplementary material, etc. After the finale, it became clear that a lot of that stuff had been made up as they went along and that they hadn't had time to tie it all together. The wheel of symbols associated with Bill is a good example. That's why people are disappointed with season 2B, the show set high expectations then failed to meet them.
>>
>>93312247
That's the immediate post-viewing hype speaking. It will pass.
>>
>>93312593
So basically, no. Got it.
(Seriously though, that's a cool piece of trivia.)
>>93312481
>>93312488
>>93312653
What's with this wheel meme? It was there, we saw it was probably going to work. What more did you want?
>>
BUT MUH MABEL
BUT MUH PACIFICA DEVELOPMENT

Gravity Falls is a good show, but the fact that people get hung up on those two points is astounding to me. Considering how much of a none thing they are compared to over 35 episodes.
>>
>>93312247
i'm five episodes in and really not seeing what's so great about it

it's perfectly fine and all, but nothing to write home about
>>
>>93312342
Sorry man, I've never been much of a fan of Disney's mainstream stuff. Too overproduced IMO.
>>93312700
Some of it might be, but again: I kept waiting when the issues /co/ constantly talks about would start, especially with Mabel's character. It just never happened. The show maintained an astoundingly high level of quality throughout.
>>
>>93312714
Mabel is an awful shadow haunting all the episodes.
>>
>>93312714
To be fair, if Mabel HAD become as selfish as /co/ seems to think she did, it may have seriously damaged the show as a whole due to her main character status. Pacifica, not so much.
>>93312726
Ah, a Mabel hater. Care to explain, anon?
>>
>>93312702
It became fairly clear they put the wheel in first and then thought up what it meant later, and given the huge emphasis they put on it, it made the finale seem weak when the payoff didn't match the build-up.

The OP marathoned the show so probably doesn't realise exactly how much teasing it did. We all got blue balls and we never got our BJ.
>>
>>93312247
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Wendy. I've seen a lot of criticism around here about her character in the later episodes, which I don't understand either. She remained a major character right up to the end of the show, even getting a chance to finally show off her hyped physical skills in the finale.

And the crush thing with Dipper was overblown here as well. It was clear he still had lingering feelings at times, which is much more realistic than just "getting over" her in one episode. But they never came back in full force, only teases. I also liked that they showed he could be wildly successful with other girls if he actually tried and got over his confidence issues.
>>
>>93312247
You just have low standards, you can't blame that on us. But if you liked it more power to you, I guess.
>>
>>93312735
Not him, and I don't exactly HATE her, but on too many occasions if Dipper and Mabel wanted something different, Dipper had to give up his wants so that Mabel could get hers. The reverse rarely happened, if at all. She was having her cake and eating it too, often making Dipper feel like shit, and almost always got away with it, as she rarely learned any moral lessons, unlike most of the other characters in the show: she just went to being selfish again by the next time a conflict of interests arouse.

Now, this didn't really bother me much, as she is just a child in a cartoon. But the real offender for me happened in the finale. Not only she didn't care about the real world and all the people, including her friends and family, in it suffering (which is still somewhat understandable for a 12 y.o.), but she said she wanted her brother to stay with her while in fact she has already given up on him and had replaced him with an imaginary "cooler" version. This was the "What the actual fuck?!" moment for me.
>>
>>93312879
It's a case of willful blindness. No other way to explain it.

There were MANY times Mabel dropped whatever was important to her to help/save Dipper instead. I don't know if it was quite as many as the reverse, probably not had I been keeping count. But then Mabel wasn't the twin running around with a dangerous-as-fuck book!

And the time travel episode pisses me off the most. Dipper was being a DICK the whole ep. All else being equal, the timeline with the pig was the ORIGINAL one, he had no right to change it for his selfish purposes. But all else was not equal - Wendy was not likely to like him back (something that was later confirmed), while he nearly cost Mabel a dear companion.
>>
>>93312869
Such low standards that I find overhyped series like AT, SU, SVTFOE, etc. to be trash at best (and absolute trash at worst)?
>inb4 SVTFOE gets better in season 2
Yeah, I know, I'm talking about that season. It's still bad, in some ways I even prefer season 1 (though on balance it IS an improvement).
>>
>>93313006
>AT, SU, SVTFOE, etc
I also think those shows are garbage, pal. When it comes to story-driven cartoons there's really not many good examples, Gravity Falls just did an okay job overall, but calling it "perfect", that's an overstatement.
>>
>>93313032
It was practically perfect for what it tried to be. Only the overall concept is really open to criticism.
I know that's hard for /co/ to accept, but it's true.
>>
I liked the show better when it was a chill Eerie Indiana type show with the vague hint of an overarching story. But it kinda stopped being that show after episode 12 and became a wacky mid-Golden Age Simpsons show that spent a lot of time trying to hype its mysteries and continuity. And I'll admit I had fun with what it became but looking back I never enjoyed it as much as I did those first 12 eps. I didn't even have expectations or any investment in the hype

tl;dr: when the show stopped being what I loved most and started to service shit I didn't care about it became less fun. But it probably achieved what it wanted to. I just don't care. It's a B- for me.
>>
>>93313098
See, now that is understandable.

I also noticed the shift, with the humor being emphasized significantly more in the first part of season 1. But IMO the show pulled off both the humor and mystery parts surprisingly well, so it didn't really bother me.
>>
File: 1391228256300.png (82KB, 239x238px) Image search: [Google]
1391228256300.png
82KB, 239x238px
>so fucking epic
>>
>>93313316
Come on, I literally just watched it today.
>>
File: 1445301571726.jpg (752KB, 836x955px) Image search: [Google]
1445301571726.jpg
752KB, 836x955px
>>93312593
God, Hirsch is such a piece of shit. Truly one of the most detestable individuals in the entire animation industry. Gets gift-wrapped handed a show after screwing around on Fish Hooks and Adventure Shit for a few seasons, never really producing anything of note or distinguishing himself in anyway, just kissing up to the right people (G*d's chosen ones) and bashing everyone and everything else that came before him (not just Republicans or Drumpf or whatever, but things like Scooby Doo, Spongebob, Deux Ex, and his bosses/benefactors themselves). Then he crumbles under the pressure of making a good cartoon, meeting deadlines, or in general just being a good leader. Rather than come clean and take the blame for some of his mistakes, he takes his ball and goes home, surrounding himself online with an army of tween worshipers and blocking anyone who violates his safe space. It's absolutely telling that this man, who was the face of this generation of animation no more than two years ago, cannot even find any real work other than a subordinate role on a shitty live action Pokemon spinoff, and a Fox cartoon that has been in development hell for over a year now.
>>
>>93312247
>First off, I was an idiot for not watching it when it was airing.

No you weren't, because then you would have to deal with one month waits between every episode, which would completely ruin the experience. Especially when you waited one month after a story heavy episode only to get filler.
>>
>>93313505
Hmmm, good point, thanks! (It's not every day 4chan tells you you're smarter than you think.)
>>
I'll agree with you. Although I don't think it was quite perfect. The finale had a few loose ends and all but they are explored in the novel so it's not that bad. Mabel's development was kind of weird but I'll let that slide too because she apologized. Over the course of its 40 episodes I really enjoyed what it set out to do. It was the most enjoyable experience I've had with a TV cartoon to date and it was fun as hell posting with you guys about here. Just the concept of the show was great alone, but the people at Disney truly made Gravity Falls something special I don't think we'll see again for about 10 years, like Avatar The Last Airbender or Samurai Jack. It's a beautiful, heartwarming show full of weird and interesting characters. With a plot that actually did wrap itself up. Season 1 was just astounding alone. It was funny as hell and probably the funniest cartoon since seasons 1-3 Spongebob. That's not to say other shows are shit though. I really much enjoyed Adventure Time, Regular Show, Steven Universe, and Wander Over Yonder as well. All had tight plotting and interesting world building. The only one I don't like is Star Vs., it's okay for a one time watch but I'm just not invested in it's world or characters.
>>
>>93313670
>The finale had a few loose ends and all but they are explored in the novel so it's not that bad.
What would those be? (Curious if I should check out the novel myself...)
>>
>>93313697
>Bill's true fate
>Blendin's time dodge
>Where Ford was in the portal
>What the nightmare realm really was, etc
>>
>>93312247
you still trust /co/ to tell you what's good and what's trash? it's not our fault you're a sheep, judge cartoons for yourself next time
>>
>>93312247
/co/ hates women for being women
In other news Star is a cuckold and Steven Universe is gay.
>>
>>93313719
/co/ usually aligns with my opinions almost perfectly, though. That's why this time caught me off guard.
>>
>>93313738
yeah well let this experience teach you that exceptions exist and you might miss out on some gem if you follow other people's judgement of things
>>
Shows that /co/ says are shit but are not that bad

>Adventure Time
>Gravity Falls
>Regular Show
>Steven Universe
>Clarence
>Uncle Grandpa
>We Bare Bears
>Gravity Falls
>Pickle and Peanut
>Billy Dilly
>12 oz Mouse
>Rick and Morty
>Barnyard
>Korra
>Harvey Beaks
>Pig Goat Banana Cricket

And the list goes on. All these shows were said to be shit and I loved the fuck out of every one. Just watch things for yourself and enjoy what you want.It seems like a majority of /co/ has unrealistic standards and/or gargantuan shitty tastes.
>>
>>93313670
>>93313697
>>93313709
Hold on, what novel is this? All I know about is that Journal 3 which came out a while back, are there other books?
>>
>>93313782
Anon, you're proving my point. Every single one of those shows is trash - EXCEPT Gravity Falls!
Funny how you listed it twice.
>>
>>93312714
You don't understand. The only thing that 4chan cares about is waifus. If the waifus aren't up to par then the fanartists and the shippers can't produce enough juice to lubricate their keyboards.
>>
>>93313782
>SU
>Korra
>Good
Maybe when they began sure.
>>
>>93313825
You have astoundingly shit taste then.

>>93313852
Steven still is good especially the Wanted special. It gets shit at intervals sure but most of it is good.

Korra was alright honestly, that was a bit of a quality rollercoaster though.
>>
>>93312247
My first watch of Battlestar Galactica was a pretty non-stop marathon and it had the same effect on me. You watched it so fast in such a mindset created by continuous flow of a single canon of art, that you ceased to be objective and simply absorbed.
That said Battlestar still kicks ass, but I can meet the writer's strike episode haters half-way. I love the zaniness. of it all.
>>
>>93313999
Sorry for name posting. I use different browsers and am drunk
>>
>>93313840
Shit, you may be right. Gravity Falls doesn't really have any decent waifus, because most of the girls are too young and the few older ones (e.g. Wendy) aren't all that interesting, even if they're great characters in-universe.
>>
>>93312247
Lesson learned, OP: /co/ has no real opinion about anything. They just have a desperate need to complain and they'll find an excuse to bitch about whatever is placed in front of them.
>>
File: Deal.png (386KB, 768x922px) Image search: [Google]
Deal.png
386KB, 768x922px
>>93312247
Just finished it 2 days ago, also loved it
>>
>>93313999
>>93314011
I don't doubt that my enthusiasm for the show will subside somewhat, like it has for every other show. But that's NOT what I'm talking about primarily.

The big issue is /co/ hating aspects of the show undeservedly, especially certain characters.
>>
>>93312247
Fun to see a personal OP for a change
thanks
>>
>>93312247
My armchair theory is that the series took too long( 2012-16 only two season,a one year hiatus)
Anons had alot of time made up lore speculation. Some was right.Most of it was bs. At the finale when it turned out different than expected then loretards got confused and mad and blamed the bad ending on Mabel.
>>
it's easy to find flaws in anything because a perfect cartoon does not exist, as a rule of thumb if someone tells you a cartoon is shit, ask them what they think is a good cartoon instead. Chances are it's pretty easy to find flaws in that too.
>>
>>93312247
I enjoyed it, but the ending disappointed me. I feel like it needed a third season.

The only reason it didn't get one was because Hirsch is lazy and did not want to finish his story, so he cut out about a third of the plot.

The show itself is fine.
>>
I think both Mabel and Dipper were shitty people, but at least Dipper got his comeuppance most of the time.
>>
>>93314321
Ugh, I hate it when someone comes in and just says they liked/hated something. This isn't a poll!
WHY did the ending disappoint you, anon?
>>
>>93314384
Quit being a faggot, we need to cut down on absolute shitposting today. Every thread is just full of shit and people arguing as if they were children. It's the worst it's been in a year and you are not helping.
>>
>>93314362
But they were paralleled much of the time. Like Mabel gets a lot of shit for the guy in Sock Opera being a weirdo anyways, but guess what? Wendy wouldn't go out with Dipper anyways, so he avoided the exact same thing in the time travel ep - though what he did was far worse, and also he boneheadedly kept going after her and made it worse by refusing to tell Wendy how he felt until Mabel finally did something about it, which she gets shit for too.

Again, that's not the only example.
>>
>>93312849
>major character

That's a laugh
>>
>>93312756
>It became fairly clear they put the wheel in first and then thought up what it meant later, and given the huge emphasis they put on it,

they did not, only autists online knew and or cared about the wheel
>>
>>93314475
She got a lot more screentime overall than pretty much any non-Pines character I can think of.
>>
>>93313731
Something something go back to tumblr
>>
>>93314460
Wait wait wait. How is letting some rando get a pig to win over a girl Dipper never had a chance with worse than Mabel willing to give away her brother's body for eternity to win over a dude she turned out to not even really like being around?
>>
>>93312879
Honestly the Mabelverse episode was probably the biggest mistake of the finale. After spending multiple episodes setting up the underlying theme of Mabel wanting things to stay how they are, being with her brother, her friends, and having their nice, happy Summer last forever instead of growing up and going back home - basically everyone who was watching the show on /co/ was expecting the episode to be a kind of Gravity Falls twist on "For The Man Who Has Everything", with Mabel living in an idyllic, but believable dreamworld and having to ultimately give up her perfect Summer and choosing to do the right thing.

Instead we got 20 minutes of Wackyland and it absolutely killed the emotional pacing of the finale.
>>
File: S2e14_bill_wheel.jpg (194KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
S2e14_bill_wheel.jpg
194KB, 1920x1080px
>>93314540
>Wheel pops up in the intro
>Bill, the main villain, refers to the main cast exclusively by their symbols (Pinetree, Shooting Star, Sixer, etc.)
>Wheel pops up again at the end of Dreamscapers with Bill attaching himself to it
>Wheel pops up again when Gideon uses it to make a deal with Bill while in prison
Without going conspiracy nut about it, anyone in the general audience would assume that the wheel was crucial.

The last minute explanation about a prophecy and the quick dismissal of it screamed that its significance was cut down due to time constraints.
>>
>>93313825
>Regular Show
>Clarence
>Pickle and Peanut
>12 oz Mouse
>Rick and Morty
>Harvey Beaks
On a good day those shows have better episodes than most of S2B, you're just putting GF on a pedestal.
>>
>>93314683
Did you even watch that episode? Mabel almost immediately went to help Dipper after a few seconds of banter, despite the risk to the play. Then when she was tempted again she took another few seconds and decided the whole play wasn't worth it - even though she still had a huge crush on the guy at that point, she had to save Dipper.

Meanwhile, Dipper messed with TIME. Just to get a date. He also seriously fucked over that time dude, which could have led to disastrous consequences had they not won the game in the follow-up episode, and DID lead to disastrous consequences in the finale, albeit indirectly (if he hadn't done that, they would never have got to know that guy well enough for Mabel to trust him).

Fucking shit, the hate for Mabel is insane here.
>>
>>93314014
>Gravity Falls doesn't really have any decent waifus
That's what I'm trying to say.
>because most of the girls are too young
But I don't think you've got your head around how this waifu thing works yet.
>>
>>93312849
>Wendy
>Major character
Come on son
>>
>>93312981
>There were MANY times Mabel dropped whatever was important to her to help/save Dipper instead.
Can you name 3?
>>
>>93312714
They're the two most obvious victims of Hirsch deciding mid-S2 to abandon all character development and put the show on autopilot to get it over with a season earlier than originally planned.

EVERYTHING goes downhill the instant Ford shows up.
>>
>>93314920
So was that conincidental, or was the problem related to Ford?
>>
>>93314970
It was the timing. Not What He Seems was the last episode written with a three-season arc in mind. Everything after that was written to end the show in two.
>>
There sure is a lot of "opinions are subjective except for mine which is absolute and perfectly objective" rhetoric in here. But it's 4chan. Shouldn't have expected anything better.
>>
>>93315047
But WHY do you think that anon? You have to EXPLAIN it so I can tell you why your wrong.
>>
>>93313782

So, what you're saying is, you have shit taste, and are incapable of watching something critically?
>>
>>93312247
>tl;dr: My hat's off to the entire crew, who somehow managed to break through the horror show that is modern Western animation (the fact that a lot of character stuff was apparently based on the real life experiences of the show's creator may have had a LOT to do with it). And shame on you, /co/. Shame on you.
>>>>>>>>/t/umblr
>>
>>93314898
Fuck it, you nearly got me there, I barely got 3, though again I've only watched the show once:
1. Sock Opera
2. Roadside Attraction
3. Into the Bunker
I probably worded that too strongly, but how many examples of the opposite can you find?
>>
>>93315077
>praise ONE show while still realizing almost every modern cartoon is trash
>be told off to tumblr
>>
>>93312247
You sound like either a shill or underage
>>
>>93315144
>while still realizing almost every modern cartoon is trash
That's the problem, Gravity Falls is really not above the average modern cartoon.
>>
>>93315242
This isn't true. Even if you don't like the ending it's save to say it's much better than the average.
>>
JG go home
>>
>>93312735
First of all, Mabel is just fucking boring. She does her boring girly shit, and it's not even written by a woman, so it's not even an authentic girly shit, just some stereotypes, wasting our time.

Second of all, she's always feeling entitled to Dipper, and doesn't feel like she owes him anything in return. Sure, if she has nothing better to do, she'd help him, but if she accidentally actually makes any sacrifice for him she's going to guilt him until he fixes it back. At no point it was treated as wrong or flawed approach.

In fact, nothing Mabel does is treated as wrong. At times story seems to approach the idea of Mabel being wrong but it always swerves to prove her right. The only time she was actually wrong was Boss Mabel where she was wrong to underestimate how much worse everyone else is compared to her.
>>
>>93313413
>hirshposting
>not understanding the development process behind animation
>not understanding the process behind writing

Go home, Pacificafag.
>>
>>93315356
Sometimes I wonder if the show would've been better off if Mabel didn't exist and it was just about Dipper doing supernatural small town mystery stuff. She didn't really add much in the end except for some forced cuteness and quirkiness
>>
>>93315242
But it really is, though. It's leagues above them in terms of writing, for mystery, humor, and yes, even characterization. Fuck it, even the animation is way better than average.
>>
>>93312247
The show is very fun and solid. Everyone who binges it agrees. But the folks who watched live had to wait through long hiatuses, and filled that time with impossible expectations and headcanons that weren't fulfilled. ALL of the mega-rage comes from people who watched it live. There was also drama where the creators Ex girlfriend stopped posting here after their breakup and there are fags STILL white knighting her with hate memes to this day, like the autist who posted the essay in this thread
>>
>>93315380
The show would be better. If Dipper needs a partner, he could always have Soos or Wendy tag alone. Wendy might be pretty bland herself, but at least she wasn't Mabel.
>>
>>93315380
You did not understand anything about Gravity Falls
>>
>>93315417
And what makes you say that, OP?
>>
>>93315356
>>93315380
The only real point of comparison is with Dipper. So let's see: Dipper never learns either, does he? He never changes his approach to the mysteries of the journal, despite the danger. He never changes his approach to Wendy, until (irony of ironies) MABEL forces him to. And he never considers that his rational approach may not always be right, even if all the evidence seems to point to it (see: Not All He Seems).

The amount of selfish shit he pulls throughout the show is also insane. Yes, he probably gets punished for it somewhat more often than Mabel, but it's worse to being with on average. AND the fanbase seems to only call Mabel out.
>>
>>93314067
I finished it 4 or so days ago and thought it was great and really enjoyed my time with it. I also thought the whole Mabel thing was way overblown.
>>
>>93315116
Not him but:
>2. Roadside Attraction
>3. Into the Bunker
What?

And
1. The Time Traveler's Pig
2. Little Dipper
3. Summerween
4. The Deep End
5. Weirdmageddon 2: Escape from Reality
>>
>>93313852

?

SU was absolute shit when it first started, the animation and writing were abysmal
>>
File: 1496455046673.png (30KB, 179x165px) Image search: [Google]
1496455046673.png
30KB, 179x165px
>still defending GF
>in 2015+2

Not even Steven Universe was that disappointing! I can't believe I even bothered watching it! Sad!
>>
>>93313413
You are one salty dude.
>he shits on stuff I liked (Scooby Doo, Spongebob, Deux Ex)
He said old Scooby do is bad and that's true. He said SB wins every kids choice because it's rigged. You can't deny that.
He doesn't know Deus Ex but said in some post that most modern game characters look the same and took Deus ex as an example.
All basic truths or at least reasonable opinions but some anons love to get mad at nothing
>>
>>93315071
if you think thinking critically means shitting all over everything constantly then you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>93315474
The problem is not that Mabel is a bad person or worse than Dipper. The problem is that she warps narrative around herself to make her right. Yes, Alex Hirsch is a shitty writer who keeps falling on the same crutches over and over again, but when Dipper does stupid or selfish shit, he's not treated as saint.

>He never changes his approach to Wendy, until (irony of ironies) MABEL forces him to.
Mabel didn't actually force him to do shit. Despite what narrative wants you to think, her approach didn't work. Because she's not a fucking therapist, life coach or pick-up artists or anything and can't heal people's anxieties by bullying them. Dipper sort of confessed to Wendy when he thought she died, he couldn't do it on Mabel's terms. But of course narrative has to prove her right, because she's fucking Mabel.
>>
File: Serious_Steven_(30).png (389KB, 836x469px) Image search: [Google]
Serious_Steven_(30).png
389KB, 836x469px
>>93315514
>this meme again

Fucking no. Season 1 was objectively the best season. Steven was fun to watch, the art was generally consistent from episode to episode, and it slowly built the story up with damn near perfect pacing. Obviously there were hiccups because it was still new, but it succeeded nominally at what it attempted to do.
>>
>>93315474
Thats the point
Dipper did bad thing, yes, but he get punished, so we do not complain
Mabel on the other hand...
>>
>>93312247
I agree that the show was fantastic and co gives it more shit than it deserves.
However it does have some faults
>Mabel totally gets her way all the time and at dipper's expense .
I don't get how you can think dipper was the more frustrating twin.
Here's some examples of Mabel getting her
>in the finale she was upset that dipper wanted to have his dream life with his gruncle. She then starts the apocalypse and gets her own fantasy world. she knows what's actually going on but wants everyone to stay in her fantasy world so they won't have to grow up.
>Mabel pressing that button even though everyone screamed No don't do it at her. yeah it freed Ford but it did cause the apocalypse.
> you know a character is bad when even the main villain was planning on her giving him the book when he possessed dipper because Mabel has shown she would always do things to get her own way at dipper's expense .

>The show was clearly meant for 3 seasons so a lot of things seemed rushed.
-i know that's more of Disney's fault but it still affected the show.
-ford's characterization felt really rushed.
-season 1 was spaced out from fun random things with story episodes in between to mostly story episodes with very few non story episodes thrown in. so you could tell they had to do it all at once.
-some characters seemed like they would have had bigger parts if given more episodes like Wendy, soos, and some side characters.

>Character development drops from episodes where you think they develop.
-Pacifica had a few moments of development but then they seemed to disappear the next time she would come around.
- Mabel seemed like she was going to change after the episode with Bill possessing dipper but immediately after she goes back to the same Mabel who is cool with throwing her brother under the bus to get her way .
>Episode with dipper talking to girls was bullshit because dipper did nothing wrong.

> Show needed more Soos
>>
>>93315594
But Mabel gets punished too, just not as much perhaps. Do I need to make a list for that as well?
>>
File: Consider this.jpg (46KB, 736x838px) Image search: [Google]
Consider this.jpg
46KB, 736x838px
>>93312247
The biggest probelm I think was that it only had 2 seasons.

The 2nd season's halfway point reveal should have been the finale with an extra third season building up relationships between the twins so when Mabel causes the apocalypse it seems less like being an idiot and more her being hurt that her brother was leaving her behind.

Next was the wheel. First popping up in Season 1, and the crew kept hinting that it would play a significant role because Bill would refer to people by the symbol they represented on the wheel. So for fans waiting months for the finale, only to see it get resolved in a couple of sentences with no payoff, it was disappointing. Like when South Park teased who Cartman's father was and on the day they were supposed to air the reveal episode, they just aired Terrance and Phillip instead.

As the series ended, disappointment became resentment, then anger. Some tossed out the 'Hirsch is a hack' initally as a joke but then people who took it way too seriously picked it up and took it for a ride

Morale being: /co/ always blows things out of proportion. When we say it's the worst thing ever, it's probably because we didn't like a couple of things about it that really bugged us. If we say it's the best thing ever ever, then those things didn't really bug us.
>>
>>93315719
The closest thing Mabel got to being punished for her misdeeds or sacrificing something was Sock Opera but they made sure to devalue her loss.
>>
>>93315529
>Not even Steven Universe was that disappointing!
No, it was more disappointing.
>>
>>93315719
It's not a list if there's less than 2 examples
>>
>>93315719
I get your point
But:
>just not as much
That happens when Mabel need it most
>>
>>93315709
>>Episode with dipper talking to girls was bullshit because dipper did nothing wrong.
Oh I am so glad someone brought this ep up. So glad. Because you're WRONG as fuck.

You know, one of the reasons I made the OP is because someone posted that Dipper got shit for going after girls, while Mabel went after boys all summer. Except that's NOT what happened, like at all.

NOBODY said a word to Dipper until all those girls cornered him at once - except his own conscience! Remember, he's the one who questioned leading Candy on. He KNEW what he was doing was wrong, and he still did it.

And did what, you might ask? No, not flirting with multiple girls - flirting with multiple girls AT THE SAME TIME! If you notice, throughout the show even Mabel - who is portrayed as boy crazy - NEVER does that (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that one as I've only watched the show once).

Dipper did something that was guaranteed to cause emotional pain to others, he KNEW what he was doing, he STILL did it. He fully deserved the virtually non-existent consequences.

Oh, and Mabel? Almost as soon as he told her he needed her help, she (along with Candy!) ran to do what needed to be done. I hate to compare directly to other shows sometimes, but do you know how many other cartoons would have had her pouting and leaving him to save the day on his own?
>>
>>93315850
This episode is absurd in other way. There was probably better way for Dipper to behave, although idea that getting contact information from a girl is monogamous commitment is preposterous.

But his actions made him desirable to women (Candy in this particular context) while otherwise they didn't. So ultimately, it was asserted that it is wrong to do what women find attractive in order to attract a woman.
>>
>>93315850
>flirting with multiple girls AT THE SAME TIME

Dude, its jus flirting, he wasn´t fucking them, its totally ok
The girls reaction was out of place there
>>
>>93315922
>>93315953
Okay first off this is a kids' show with a 12-year-old protagonist, there's not much further they can even hint at let alone show. Second, Dipper was clearly flirting with them for dating, not seeking friends or whatever. Third, even Dipper's own conscience was telling him it was wrong, but he CHOSE to ignore it.

Seriously, what the fuck!? How can you people hate Mabel but not this character?
>But his actions made him desirable to women (Candy in this particular context) while otherwise they didn't. So ultimately, it was asserted that it is wrong to do what women find attractive in order to attract a woman.
His actions in terms of becoming confident. Not leading girls on. Ugh, /r9k/ was a mistake.
>>
>>93316040
>His actions in terms of becoming confident. Not leading girls on.
Be confident, but don't be confident that more than one girl will give you the time of day.

Instead, confidently offer to shine her shoes with your tongue.
>>
>>93312247
I thought s1 was great and the first half of s2 was one of the best things I've ever seen. However, last half of s2 was a huge disappointment. It was both boring and a mess at the same time.
>>
>>93316040
I think people disliked how uneven the consequences were for Dipper and Mabel in that instance.

The very first episode has Mabel chaingun flirting with guys, and it becomes a quirky part of her character.
Dipper does it for one episode, and the hammer gets dropped on him for it.
>>
>>93312247
best to pretend it ends at More Than He Seems and imagine what could have been

search Doublepines
>>
>>93313782
AT and RS are good, and GF had good parts. Nobody calls WBB are HB shit, they both have small fanbases that really like the show. The rest are all actually shit.
>>
File: S2e19_sincere_sibling_hug.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
S2e19_sincere_sibling_hug.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>93312247
Weirdmageddon part 2 was a terrible episode
>>
>>93315850
The guy literally just talked to the girls just to get practice talking to girls. They gave him their contact and he never suggested he wanted anything more.
He didn't lead Candy on she developed a crush on him after he became more confident. She then forced them to be alone. He even said to Stan "I don't like her that way"
He then got treated like the bad guy when all of them thought that one conversation meant he was their monogamous boyfriend even though the were unlikely to ever meet again.

No one is complaining that he got into trouble for being girl crazy and Mabel doesn't. He wasn't girl crazy he just talked to people and that's why people are upset.
Mabel though let's her romances get out of hand and they usually happen at dipper's expense. like he lost his job for her crush of the week and she stole the book for her musical to impress sock guy and was more concerned with that than helping her brother who was possessed. granted she eventually helped but she really had to think hard about it.

Also it's convenient how you missed all my other points. I loved the show but it has its faults.

it seems like you had a list made up before of potential complaints and your own counter arguments since you seemed to completely misread my complaints about dipper and the girls episode. plus some of your other posts on here seem to miss their points as well
>>
>>93316090
>best to pretend it ends at More Than He Seems

So you'd pretend the series suddenly ends on a massive cliffhanger?
>>
>>93316070
What does confidence have to do with going after multiple girls at the same time? And what does only going after one girl at a time have to do with putting her on a pedestal? I repeat:
>Ugh, /r9k/ was a mistake.
>>
>>93316123
god yes

wouldve been frustrating but at least not so disappointing
>>
>>93316040
He developed confidence by experiencing being desirable by girls. One did not exist from another. He did flirt with them for potential relationships, sure. But they never commit in any way.

I mean, a season earlier, Mabel actually lead a boy on, allowed him to took her on a date and feed her expensive food without intention to commit and was treated as a victim. Here, the genders are reversed, so girls are the victims again for taking it in their heads that a boy who talked to them once and showed interest is already committed to them.
>>
>>93316108
>Also it's convenient how you missed all my other points.
I didn't have TIME to address your other points yet. You realize I just wrote near the maximum for a 4chan post for ONE point, right?
>>
I wonder how the show would've been perceived if the twins were either both boys or both girls, but the show was otherwise unchanged
>>
>>93312247
Fuck off Hirsch
>>
>>93316171
dude you need to calm down. it's just a show. stop sperging out
>>
>>93312247
Why do you use so many all caps?
>>
>>93312488
this besides bill being the main villain. espically the circle. Oh, and also mabel wasn't told off.
>>
>>93316185
We'd love Dipper and hate Mabel for being both obnoxious and worthless. This is assuming it actually would change nothing.

Boy Mabel would likely be treated on the show itself as an obnoxious asshole tormenting his brother with his bullshit.

If Dipper was a girl, who knows. Probably would be treated as Quinn on Daria.
>>
>>93316165
>He developed confidence by experiencing being desirable by girls. One did not exist from another.
Ugh, /r9k/ was a... you know what, forget it.
>He did flirt with them for potential relationships, sure. But they never commit in any way.
Hey dipshit (pun very much intended), flip the genders and tell me how much YOU would like the reverse situation. No, don't just say you would be okay with it reflexively to win this meaningless Internet argument, actually THINK about it. It would be painful as fuck to learn the girl you were communicating with in a flirting manner actually has a whole list of guys she's doing the exact same thing with, especially just for "practice".
>I mean, a season earlier, Mabel actually lead a boy on, allowed him to took her on a date and feed her expensive food without intention to commit and was treated as a victim.
I don't remember anything remotely like this, mind refreshing my memory here?
>>
>>93312714
I loved the show. The finale was what sucked dick.
>>
>>93316223
To get my POINT across.
>>
>>93316249
>Hey dipshit (pun very much intended), flip the genders and tell me how much YOU would like the reverse situation.
Would I be upset that a girl I like chose someone else? Probably.

Would I be called an entitled "Nice Guy" and shat on if I ever confided this sentiment to anyone? Definitely.
>>
>>93316249
>Hey dipshit (pun very much intended), flip the genders and tell me how much YOU would like the reverse situation

Mabel did that in the Shack on a daily basis
>>
Op is very cringey and will sperg out at any legitimate complaint about the show. Even if you love a show you can still see it's faults and op cannot accept that
>>
>>93316325
Hey, it's that one guy who hates discussion on a board for discussing cartoons. What are you doing in my thread, anon?
>>
>>93316327
What in Satan's glorious name are you even talking about?
>>
>>93316314
In fact, its worst, because Mabel WAS seeking for a relationships
>>
>>93316314
>>93316376
Provide proof. I don't recall ONE time she did that.
>>
>>93316386
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN1-3K85DnU
>>
File: Lil'_Gideon.png (239KB, 1337x1337px) Image search: [Google]
Lil'_Gideon.png
239KB, 1337x1337px
>>93316249
>I don't remember anything remotely like this, mind refreshing my memory here?
>>
>>93316108
>They gave him their contact and he never suggested he wanted anything more.
That's not how it was portrayed to the viewer, that's not how the girls saw it, and that's not how Dipper HIMSELF saw it. Fucking apologists...
>He even said to Stan "I don't like her that way"
But he didn't tell HER. He did the exact same shit he did with Wendy, but in reverse.
>No one is complaining that he got into trouble for being girl crazy and Mabel doesn't.
I guess >>93300338 and its various mostly dumb replies don't actually exist, right?
>like he lost his job for her crush of the week
You fucking dickhead, she literally saved the guy who was trapped in the pool with no way out. Dipper's job would've been worth it even if it were awesome - which it most certainly wasn't. Not to mention everyone else who would've almost certainly cost him his job anyways.
>>
>>93316478
Are. You. Serious?
*hyperventilates*
That's all I have to say.
>>
>>93316520
Did she not lead him on? Did she not go on dates with him? Did she not have courage to tell him she's not interested?
>>
>>93316420
Oh fuck, the first episode. No wonder I don't remember it, but then I'm not the one HATING ON MABEL FOR NOT UNDERGOING CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT when Dipper does this shit almost at the END of the show. Filthy hypocrites.

But you know what? Let's pretend they did that at the same time. I'd still say what Mabel was doing was more-or-less OK, while what Dipper was doing was absolutely NOT. You seem to be missing a very important detail here: Mabel was clearly NOT successful, and therefore she literally could not have been leading anyone on!
>>
>>93316420
Are you serious? She was actively looking for a relationship but it failed every step of the way. She didn't get any numbers or a 'yes i like you' from any of those guys. Even when she did it always turned into one a magic thing so she couldn't be with them. Dipper's situation in literally the reverse of that.

>>93316478
Ha, no.
>>
>>93316358
No discussion is great. this is you op

anon: I had this issue with gravity falls. Even the writer of the show admitted this was a mistake. I still loved the show.
OP: HOW fucking DARE you you mother fucker THIS is the, SHOW crafted ,by GOD it is 10000000000% flawless ,YOU fucking jerk!

another anon: my issue with this thing was this [insert reason]
OP: WHY DO people , complain about [reason previous anon didn't even use] YOU GUYS are so DUMB, if you DO not AGREE with every thing I say and ADMIT THIS show was perfect GET off of my thread because I AM in charge, of 4chan
>>
>>93316555
>Siding with DisneyCartman
Get out.
>>
>>93316588
Do you deny that Mabel's treatment of Gideon is compatible to Dipper's treatment of those girls?
>>
>>93316386
>>93316420
don´t get me wrong, I love the show, and I don´t hate Mabel
But her behavior and lack of consequences really hurt the finale
>>
>>93316616
>Gideon is compatible to Dipper's treatment of those girls
>compatible
>Dipper's treatment of those girls
Am I having a conversation with a bot?
>>
>>93316576
No it's a bunch of autistic anons coming up with non-points and shit that literally never happened in the show. Making things up in order to confirm their, wildly stupid, obsession with shitting on a 12 year old girl character. It doesn't matter how many times somebody has to tell you "That never happened." and "That's not how that scene went." or "You're forgetting about what happened after the scene." or whatever. Some people refuse to listen because they need to fuel their Mabel hateboner. Which is fine, go ahead do whatever you want. But it's pretty damn explicit that Dipper is just as much as an asshole as Mabel is. I'd be willing to be most of you just identify with Dipper more for whatever reason so the shit he does is okay.
>>
>>93316635
It was for you two
>>93316571
>>93316574
>>
>>93316555
You know what? You're actually right. Gideon is just such a prick he totally deserved it, but let's look at it from Mabel's perspective to be fair.

If Dipper had just been unable to say no to Candy, then yes, it would have been a similar situation. But:
1. Again, very beginning of the show vs. very end of the show. Which side is screaming about muh character development here again?
2. ALL THOSE OTHER GIRLS DIPPER LED ON

So yeah, your shitty comparison fails. Nice try, though.
>>
Let's see if we can give op an anneuyism.

>Gravity falls wasn't the greatest show ever made
>>
>>93312412
It had a shitty, rushed wrap-up. The first season's finale was already pretty weak, but the second finale managed to one-up it with some dumb scenes in the second half which could have been handled better.

Dipper solves the conflict of the second episode of the three-parter by apologising to Mabel again, worse yet using an example which was never really brought up or mentioned before. It felt to me as if it came out of nowhere for a show so obsessed with its own continuity, and the fact that it was just brought up to have Dipper act as a doormat yet again made it feel even more unnecessary to bring it up.

Then there's the wheel, which even if you don't take into account how it was built up during the entire show, feels like a complete rush job. "Quick, here's a ritual in which you seemingly random characters have to take part in in order to stop Bill for some reason!" The cherry on top is that it doesn't even work. At that point, why even bring it up at all? Just don't acknowledge it and write it off as it being "The Bill symbol".

Lastly, and arguably the clumsiest part of the finale, is how quickly Stan regains his memories. It's barely even a scene later! Let that sadness sink in for a second, so the sacrifice actually means something. Have him regain his memories right as they're saying their goodbyes, or better yet, imply that he did, in a typical Gravity Falls fashion.
>>
I enjoyed gravity falls but even Alex Hirsh admits it had a lot of flaws. Granted a lot of the flaws came from fighting with Disney and getting it cut from 3 seasons to 2 seasons but it still has flaws.
If the creator can admit flaws with the show so can you Op.
IIRC some flaws Alex stated
>less episodes meant a lot of characters lost development in exchange for Ford getting
>Mabel was supposed to get more episodes to round her out to make her seem less spoiled. (Even he admitted Mabel came off as spoiled)
>they had to cut a lot of things for Disney to be okay with and that hurt a lot of his plans

personally I liked the show a lot but it had flaws man
>>
>>93316125
>What does confidence have to do with going after multiple girls at the same time?
Talk to one, hit it off by chance. Feel more confident.
Talk to another, remember you have one already in the bag, feel confident, consequently appear more attractive, hit it off better, feel even more confident again.

Well, that's just the mechanism. Let's assume it's not the feedback loop that it actually is and look at your statement from another point of view.

Isn't going after more than one girl a sign of confidence in itself? It's not as if you have to desperately conserve your manly charisma and ration it out to your one true love one drip at a time. I believe that's called a scarcity mindset. It does not beget confidence. It begets panic and damage control and an undignified desire to keep the girl happy at all costs, and nothing could make her more bored and unhappy than that. It's cruel in its own sadsack way.

>And what does only going after one girl at a time have to do with putting her on a pedestal?
You're ruling out the possibility of ditching her for unmannerly behaviour. What if she turns out to be a smoker, or something gross like that? Why burn your bridges? Women never, ever burn their bridges. They have lots of "just friends" on the backburner. Let's turn the tables. Who would ever criticise a woman for having light hearted conversations with a handful of different guys and keeping their phone numbers? The pretense of course is that women do not want sex or have any pragmatic attitude to boyfriend acquisition, both of which are false.
>>
Op you binged the show so you don't get to know the pain of people that had to wait months in between episodes.

like when you have literal months in between airings the show doesn't seem worth the wait. Like I want to say in between the episode where Mabel pushed the button and when we got the stans back story was 3 or 4 months. That's why a lot of people were disappointed by the show. I'm not saying the episodes were bad but with all the waiting we expected more
>>
>>93316713
As much as I hate to admit it, these are all valid points. But none of them really bothered me (as most modern cartoons do) when I was watching it, maybe because of all the stuff the finale did RIGHT.

Then again, I'm also one of the few people on /co/ to defend the Avatar finale (even while somewhat disliking the show as a whole tho), so take this with a grain of salt.
>The first season's finale was already pretty weak
Now I want to know what you think about that, I wouldn't even think there was much to criticize there.
>>
>>93316855
But "A Tale of Two Stans" is easily one of the show's best episodes, almost everyone agrees on this even on /co/.
>>
>>93315362
>Y-Y-You just don't understand what happened at the studio
Not an argument. I can look at other cartoons like Star vs the Forces of Evil or Loud House (not counting Steven Universe aka Tracing Anime the Show) that are able to make deadlines while not overworking their crews. The people who work on these shows say love them. Meanwhile, there has been almost radio silence about Gravity Falls since it ended, the only people that even praise Alex are his storyboarder beard and voice actors (who have the easiest role).

>>93315552
>he shits on stuff I liked
To be honest, I always found Scooby Doo boring, and never really liked Spongebob, but I respect those shows for what they did. Alex just acts like a bitter millennial screaming about how everything his parents told him was good really wasn't. The manlet just acts like a tremendous douche online and like he created something that changed animation forever when in fact he's already been eclipsed by Daron Nefcy on the same channel.
>>
>>93316883
A Tale of Two Stans gets really weird when juxtaposing with further development, particularly, Weirdmageddon part 2.

Lots of Stans' backstory is driven by idiot plot, this much is true. But it was all unleashed by Stan's anger over Ford having aspirations outside hanging out with him. He didn't mean to deny Ford good education, but he did so because he was entitled. They both "got stupid" but it was Stan whose flaws started it.

Comes Weirdmageddon, what Mabel learns? She hears that Dipper might have aspirations that don't include her. What does she do? She tries to screw him over so he would be stuck with her. How it all resolved? Dipper apoligises for even considering to have a life without her permission.
>>
File: 1485053109904.gif (1MB, 481x271px) Image search: [Google]
1485053109904.gif
1MB, 481x271px
>>93316883
>But "A Tale of Two Stans" is easily one of the show's best episodes, almost everyone agrees on this even on /co/.
I think you mean "Not What He Seems". AToTS was considered something of a disappointment, at least by /co/, and it started off 2B with a vibe of decline that the show was never really able to shake.
>>
>>93316856
>First season finale
That's mostly my peeve. After all that mistery, ending it with a Gideon-bot chase felt a bit out of place. And there'd already been a "running away from a giant" climax in the first episode, with the gnomes. It's a minor thing, but it was one of my less-favorite episodes from the first season.
>>
>>93312247
I agree with this desu
>>
>>93316983
>Dipper apologizes for even considering to have a life without her permission.
That's not what I got out of it. What Ford was proposing was essentially a life of isolation in exchange for some knowledge of questionable worth (given what Ford had got himself into, and how relatively unhinged he was in several respects). To borrow a quote from another well-known cartoon:
>He needs to have freedom and fun. He needs to grow up as a normal boy.
Funny how context changes everything, eh?

(Also, don't forget that Ford would most likely have decided to leave with Stan anyways. Even if Dipper wanted to change his mind later, there probably wasn't much to regret.)
>>
>>93317119
It is irrelevant what is good for Dipper because this wasn't a question poised by the show. I'd believe that Dipper shouldn't have stayed with Ford. But he shouldn't have stayed with Ford because he doesn't want to stay with Ford, not because he owes his life to Mabel.

Mabel didn't learn shit (Again!). She didn't learn to live without Dipper. She didn't accept that he is a person and not her plaything. He threw a tantrum and Dipper ran in promising to never leave her again.

Look me in the eye and tell me it's a healthy attitude for any of them.
>>
>>93315762
They did the same in the time travel episode for dipper. Robbie got rekt.
>>
>>93317176
Robbie got rekt, but Wendy wasn't. Dipper sacrificed his opportunity to spend time with Wendy but he still wants to.

When Mabel sacrificed her chance to spend time with a boy, boy was hastly revealed to be a weirdo unworthy of her affection. Thus she neither sacrificed anything of value nor was punished for her misdeed (This week: Lying about her hobbies to impress a boy)
>>
>>93312724
>I've never been much of a fan of Disney's mainstream stuff. Too overproduced IMO
This is why you came to GF so fucking late. Quit trying to be cool and let yourself like things before other people tell you to.
>>
>>93312726
> I insist on real-world justice in my cartoons and get upset when someone doesn't get what's coming to them by my definition, especially when that someone has a vagina. Also, I have never ever had sex.

No one fucking cares about your personal problems here or in Ashi threads. Get bent.
>>
>>93317175
>Look me in the eye and tell me it's a healthy attitude for any of them.
No, I'll look you in the eye and tell you that this:
>She threw a tantrum and Dipper ran in promising to never leave her again.
Is not remotely what happened.

>Mabel, I thought you were living a fantasy, but look at me! I actually thought I was gonna stay here and be Ford's apprentice! Spend my entire teens cooped up in a basement with a labcoat? How ridiculous is that?
Followed VERY soon by:
>Hey, Dipper? I appreciate what you said back there, but if you want to take Ford's apprenticeship, I won't get in your way.
>>
File: 1472334938383.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1472334938383.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>93312247
>>
>>93312282
>There's a tl;dr in there you idiot.
Oh, really? I didn't read that far.
>>
>>93315071
>incapable of watching something critically
> Y7 shows
this isn't /a/
pull the stick out of your ass or go back there
>>
>>93317332
Your loss.
>>93317314
And yours too, I guess... if that's what you meant.
>>
>>93315242
>Gravity Falls is really not above the average modern cartoon
The writing was cleverer, the dialogue was cleverer by half, the music was excellent and Rough Draft delivered a quality product. But okay, your opinion is totes valid here and you obviously have a stunning comeback to explain the fanbase that doesn't devolve into shipping or the name of a website.

We're waiting.
>>
>>93315709
Alright anon, lemme address some more of your post since you were concerned about that.

Mabel was tricked in almost the exact same way Dipper was back in Sock Opera, with two significant differences: she thought she was accepting an offer from someone who she likely thought of as a friend by that point, and also that her situation was rather more devastating emotionally (no thanks to Dipper and his big mouth) compared to losing laptop data, however valuable it may be. I'm afraid Mabel comes out looking far better here, even given the time crunch difference.

The whole point of that button thing was that it was one of Mabel's strengths. Sure, in the real world it may be a horrifically dangerous idea. But in Gravity Falls? That's a different question. And just imagine what would likely have happened if she had pushed the button (hint: let's just say the special agents would not have failed in their mission).

And are you seriously arguing that a known manipulator's words about someone's personality are to be trusted? A known manipulator who was specifically shown to have misjudged her, no less? Really?
>>
>>93317393
>or the name of a website.
Curious, what are you referring to? This sounds like it could be hilarious.
>>
>>93315397
>hiatuses
If you learn nothing else from being on the internet, hiatuses are what spawn all manner of cancer in fandoms. Let peoples' imaginations and frustration fester and you get unbelievable garbage in terms of ships, theorycrafting, self-inserting political bullshit and of course, the most twisted porn imaginable.

The human mind does not tolerate separation well and 4chan/tumblr are hives of people who sate their need by arting and/or arguing to fill the void.

I was here for the first GFG that happened right after the preview for the first episode and it was metastases made manifest. I wish I had saved it as an example.

If Homestuck isn't a clinical example of what hiatuses do to fandoms I don't fucking know what is.
>>
>>93315529
>Not even Steven Universe was that disappointing! I can't believe I even bothered watching it! Sad!

If you weren't such a fucking scrub you would have rewritten the Harry Potter copypasta to fit this and we all would have gotten a hearty laugh from it.

Trolling is a art.
>>
>>93317539
this is the funniest part of HxH on /a/ and elsewhere, it's gone from being a somewhat above average shounen manga to the biggest manga circlejerk I've seen in western fandom to the point there's no way it won't disappoint expectations
>>
>>93312605
I don't know man, Adventure Time seems to be setting up some decent cosmic horror shit. I'm just worried that the cancelation means we'll never get to see it at it's full potential

Before there was time, before there was anything, there was nothing and before there was nothing
there were m o n s t e r s.
>>
>>93317513
>Mabel was tricked in almost the exact same way Dipper was back in Sock Opera, with two significant differences: she thought she was accepting an offer from someone who she likely thought of as a friend by that point, and also that her situation was rather more devastating emotionally (no thanks to Dipper and his big mouth) compared to losing laptop data, however valuable it may be.
Let me provide the counterpoint. Mabel was tricked while she was trying to do an immoral thing which she tried to do because of her personality flaws.

She wanted to keep Dipper by her side, and when she chose differently she was willing to screw possibly entire world over to have her wish. There's no more excuse for her action than for me trying to dodge homicide charges by arguing that it's not my fault that thugs I hired to beat someone up killed them.
>>
>>93316976
>To be honest, I always found Scooby Doo boring

I watched it when it came out the first time and it took Zombie Island and MI to redeem the concept. Prior to that it was shit that was occasionally campy shit made tolerable by the eventual internet porn of the characters. Hirsch has nothing to apologize for here.
>>
>>93317537
tumblr
>>
>>93317601
Okay yeah, but then I can bring up the Dipper time travel for a FUCKING DATE thing, which was far, far worse. (And at least Mabel only wanted to "freeze/loop/whatever it's called" time, and just for Gravity Falls, not go back to the past and change it with potentially horrifying consequences well beyond its limits.)
>>
>>93317585
>cancelation
In English-speaking countries this word is not synonymous with "Creators and showrunners voluntarily ceasing production."
>>
>>93312247
http://desuarchive.org/co/thread/93228644/#q93230911

Is this you, OP?
>>
File: Grappling Hook.jpg (166KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Grappling Hook.jpg
166KB, 1280x720px
>>93312879
Someone redo that as from 4Chan instead!
>>
>>93317670
There's nothing wrong with being in denial anon, we're all here for you
>>
>>93317654
I think too many Mabel apologists get this weird idea that their opponents believe Dipper did nothing wrong, rather than believing that Mabel did as much wrong as Dipper and narrative ignores it.
>>
>>93317679
Yes. But in fact I'm pretty sure that's the only post I've made about the show before this thread, ever.
>>
>>93317654
>And at least Mabel only wanted to "freeze/loop/whatever it's called" time, and just for Gravity Falls, not go back to the past and change it with potentially horrifying consequences well beyond its limits
I'm the last person ITT to attack Mabel but real talk, she wasn't known for thinking ahead when it came to decision making. About the closest she ever came to being the voice of caution was her scolding Dipper over raising the dead.

That being said, if the show had been him being a total "let's try THIS" sperg and her acting the older sister reining him in, that could have been a different but equally interesting dynamic. No better or worse.
>>
>>93317707
>I think too many Mabel apologists get this weird idea that their opponents believe Dipper did nothing wrong, rather than believing that Mabel did as much wrong as Dipper and narrative ignores it.
I wasn't keeping score or obsessively shitposting every day about how problematic either of them were because THEY'RE FUCKING LITTLE KIDS WHO DO THIS KIND OF STUFF

I sincerely do not comprehend how assblasted anons were about these characters like it was Skylar cheating with Ted on Breaking Bad.

Lighten the fuck up Francis.
>>
>>93317803
The problem is not keeping score, or that characters act like kids. The problem is that story bends out of shape to avoid punishing Mabel for her mistakes.

Your choices do not become right just because you don't know any better. What kind of crazy mindset it is to say otherwise?
>>
>>93317721
Cool. I convinced someone to watch the show by posting the intro in the right place at the right time. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
>>
>>93312605
Billy and Mandy had an episode with Cthulu in it 10 years ago, stop being a baby.
>>
>>93317707
Except narrative doesn't ignore it. Besides the well-known Sock Opera thing, Mabel had her karaoke party ruined, got screwed over in multiple ways at Pacifica's mansion, had to fight Blendin (even though that was more Dipper's fault to begin with), got attacked and ended up admitting probable minigolf defeat to Pacifica, etc. I'm sure I can come up with more but my brain is starting to hurt from digging up all those memories of specific moments.
>>
>>93315116
Into the Bunker was Mabel's fault to begin with by forcing Dipper into that sterilizing shower and she didn't save shit.

Same with Roadside Attraction

Sock Opera actually had her DEBATING whether to give the book to Bill or not to save her retared play over Dipper being stuck in a puppet body forever. And don't you dare compare to Mabel losing the memepig in the time travel episode you tumblrite.
>>
>>93317965
Ironically, none of those are her fault. Sometimes she gets to be distressed damsel, I guess, but that's not the point.

Can you elaborate with Pacifica one? Was it Golf War? You know when Pacifica almost got murdered because Mabel fucked up. I guess you can say she got to feel bad about almost getting a girl killed, but she came out unscathed. Again. Though this is one of the better episodes, IMO.
>>
File: IMG_7723.png (971KB, 1208x898px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7723.png
971KB, 1208x898px
>tfw a fetish as niche as this will never be pandered to ever again
>>
>>93317978
You know, if you're seriously hating on a 12-year-old girl for not making an INSTANT choice when being taunted by an expert manipulator, you might want to stop to consider (yes, pun) how many adults would momentarily pause in just such a situation.

Mabel was justified in both Into the Bunker and Roadside Attraction. Dipper's not telling Wendy was causing him severe stress that was slowly spilling over into everything he did, basically. It was time to end it, even if it was VERY slightly "ethically ambiguous" (as Dipper himself once excitedly said). And Roadside Attraction was ENTIRELY Dipper's fault, I'm not gonna argue that whole thing again: >>93315850
>>
>>93317965
>karaoke party
Got to sing a song with her family to stop zombies.

>Pacificas Mansion
Got her friend to meet the boy of her dreams. Didn't really "sacrifice" anything and it's the typical "Mabel pines after a boy plot"

>golf war
Saved Pacificas life and showed Pacifica that her own life had less restrictions.
>>
>>93318013
Only the karaoke one wasn't her fault in some way.

Yeah, it was that episode, but I'm talking about what happened AFTER that. They turned on her. (And she immediately ran to save Pacifica.)
>>93318153
Dude, if you're gonna argue like that, you could basically say that none of the kids suffered any real consequences whatsoever throughout the show. (ESPECIALLY Dipper.) And the Pacifica's mansion episode also had her attacked and turned to wood for partying instead of helping Dipper with the mystery.
>>
>>93318376
adding to that facing the consequences in a show like this is always 'Hey that thing I did was lame, sorry for being so lame.' and the other character or other characters accept the apology; and that happens for both Mabel and Dipper in every episode where they screw up. They apologize to whoever they wronged in the town or to each other. I'm not sure what horrible awful things Dipper has to face that Mabel doesn't.
>>
>>93318465
Adding to *that*, Dipper literally says at the very end of the finale that he got EVERYTHING he wanted. Can't get much clearer than that, but I don't recall any similar statement from Mabel (not saying it's not true).
>>
>>93312247
Is this pasta? If not,
>trusting /co/s opinion on anything
One thing you have to keep in mind is most of the discussion here is from people who saw it as it aired, which means that there were months between some episodes, and the finale was basically split into 4 episodes if you include DaMvstF. /gfg/ waited weeks for new content and mystery, but got stupid fluff like Roadside Attraction in 2B

>>93318131
>i can't believe you say dipper did nothing wrong
>mabel did nothing wrong.
Mabel was old enough to know not to give away other peoples' things. It doesn't matter if it's a dimensional rift or a yoyo, it's still not hers.

Into the Bunker was fine, but she was shit in RA. He starts trying to get better with girls because Mabel (the scrapbooker who has pictures of her old crushes) dumps his pictures of his old crush on the ground and shits on him for it.
She also literally shoves Dipper and Candy together because she thinks it's cute, ignoring Dipper's obvious disinterest. So much for the lesson she learned in Love God.
>>
>>93313413
Scooby doo was terrible though. A good terrible, but still.
>>
>>93318376
Northwest Manor wasn't, she was just at the wrong place (It was weird that Dipper didn't get anything from Pacifica for himself, but I let it slide, it also not thematically connected)

My biggest problems are with three episodes, really:
Sock Opera: Although Mabel did get to ruin her play (After breaking her promise to Dipper), the boy was revealed to be a weirdo and nothing of value was lost.
Love God: After being shown to be a terrible matchmaker, she forces two people together which turns out awful (Because she's 12 and knows nothing). Her ego can't take it, so she literally drugs them with mind control drug. In the end although she swore to not do it again, her choice was validated
The Last Mabelcorn: You know the one with non-stop Mabel shilling
>>
>>93318081
and thank goodness for that
>>
>>93318625
>In the end although she swore to not do it again, her choice was validated
That's alright, teens just need an excuse to make out and everything is fine. They'll get over everything else. With regards to the narrative, the episode just needed to end on a high note. The real tragedy is she starts matchmaking again in RA.
>the boy was revealed to be a weirdo and nothing of value was lost.
Irked me too. A real chance to show how her brother was worth more to her than her crush was, and they throw it away on a joke about him making out with puppets.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
This little rant I wrote a year ago a few days after the finale sums up the problems with the show perfectly:

What they got in the end:

Dipper:
>gets Wendy's "friendship" (ie she mooches off his adventures) and shat on by every girl he ever talked to
>doesn't get to go on paranormal/extraterrestrial adventures with Ford, his dream job that he got cucked out of for Mabel's approval
>all of his research he put into Journal 3 was destroyed by Bill
>his sister replaced him with a "better version" of himself in her dreamland and never gave him an apology for that
>went home a loser

Mabel:
>got her brother to stay with her for high school
>got Stan's memory to come back
>got her own dreamworld that she didn't apologize for staying in
>didn't have to apologize for causing the apocalypse
>got her friends, who said they weren't going to be at her birthday party, to COME to her birthday party and bid her farewell
>got to bring home Waddles
>sacrificed absolutely nothing, went home as the same annoying person who clings to her brother who she always makes fun of

What does the Hack have to say to this?
>>
>>93318625
>The Last Mabelcorn: You know the one with non-stop Mabel shilling
That one actually revealed a lot about her character. Mabel thinks that morality is relative, so we shouldn't be surprised by her choices in Weirdmageddon pt. 2.
>>
>>93318904
I too think that morality is relative, but me expecting others to do what I want for free would be preposterous. Mabel's morality is relative only with standards she holds herself to.
>>
>>93318539
>stupid fluff like Roadside Attraction
Roadside Attraction may be filler, but it's one of the most important filler episodes I've ever seen. It was absolutely necessary to show that Dipper ISN'T a loser with the ladies after nearly two seasons that were, if not outright stating, at least implying the opposite.
>and shits on him for it.
She clearly sounds concerned for him. After so many episode- *cough* I mean, after so much time had passed, he STILL couldn't get over Wendy? Do you not realize what psychological damage that does? (Hint: it's called oneitis, and it's not exactly a walk in the park.) A scrapbook that Mabel is NOT shown obsessing over is simply not the same thing.
>So much for the lesson she learned
The lesson that what she did was almost certainly for the better and definitely helped to heal Robbie after so long? Plus she wasn't doing anything magical this time, just helping a friend act on her crush. Not really comparable.
>Mabel was old enough to know not to give away other peoples' things.
Dude, seriously? It's not like she broke into a store and grabbed it, it looks like some snowglobe decoration lying around her own home. If it HAD actually been anything like that, do you think anyone would even have been mad? (Assuming what she got out of it was deeply worth it, and not some admittedly insane decision made in the heat of the moment.)
>>
>>93318875
>got to bring home Waddles
Why did they do this?

Dipper didn't get to keep a thing from Gravity Falls; would it have really hurt Mabel so much to have to leave it behind too? She didn't grow up or move on at all.
>>
>>93319109
What are you talking about? Dipper got the signed paper with all his friends names on it.
>>
>>93318875
>gets Wendy's "friendship" (ie she mooches off his adventures) and shat on by every girl he ever talked to
He now knows he can be smooth with the ladies when he wants to. His only real mistake that time was going after another girl right after succeeding with one. He also got passed up by a girl who hasn't exactly been slacking off in the dating department (remember the number of boyfriends she counted off in the first ep?). Quite a red flag there.
>doesn't get to go on paranormal/extraterrestrial adventures with Ford, his dream job that he got cucked out of for Mabel's approval
He was INSANE for thinking of taking up that offer. He would destroy his formative teenage years for some wacko craziness. Not to mention that Ford isn't exactly shown to be the most stable person in the world, for one thing if he were actually sane he would have offered Dipper something more reasonable, like visiting him every break or something. And most importantly, did you forget that the offer NO LONGER EXISTS, regardless of Dipper's choice!? Ford isn't likely to cancel his planned trip, to put it mildly.
>his sister replaced him with a "better version" of himself in her dreamland and never gave him an apology for that
Yeah, that was pretty shitty. He should get in line for his apology, right behind all those totally not sentient clones he created and wiped out for his own selfish needs.
>went home a loser
A "loser" who literally admits he got everything he wanted.
>>
File: 1488584619045.jpg (389KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
1488584619045.jpg
389KB, 1284x980px
>>93313782
>Adventure Time
>Steven Universe
>We Bare Bears
>Barnyard
>>
>>93318875
I feel like when people say shit like this they refuse to actually pay attention to what Dipper goes through and learns and just focus on the fact that he doesn't "win".
>>
>>93313972
Nah, his taste is fine. You just need to stop watching trash
>>
>>93319321
Well, to be fair said people are comparing him to Mabel and claiming that she doesn't go through or learn anything. Which is untrue, but still.
>>
>>93319303
I can't believe how many people on /co/ think Dipper leaving to travel with Ford was a good idea. I feel like there's a massive amount of projecting going on there. Or was it more about denying Mabel what she wanted?
>>
File: Gravity Falls Threads.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Gravity Falls Threads.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
What an odd day for /co/ to have an actual thread discussing the show in question
>>
Really, you can watch the show with the assumption that Dipper and Mabel are secretly in love with each other, and nothing really happens that contradicts this
>>
>>93319540
Again, the point is not whenever Dipper should've actually gone with Ford. It's that it's not for Mabel to decide.

She said he can go in the end, so writers were onto something, but for life of me, I can't understand why wasn't it the other way around.
>>
>>93319084
>sounds concerned for him
She rolled her eyes and said "ugh." Into the Bunker was concern. Roadside Attraction was disgust/annoyance. (As a side-note, we as viewers are also annoyed at the show bringing back Wendy crush drama. RA really belonged earlier in the season, maybe an episode or two after Into the Bunker, but that's neither here nor there when discussing Mabel.)
>A scrapbook that Mabel is NOT shown obsessing over is simply not the same thing.
Dipper was NOT shown obsessing over his pictures either. They were tucked under his bed, until Mabel dragged them out.

>Plus she wasn't doing anything magical this time
>it's ok if it's not magic mind control
The lesson was "stop fucking with peoples' relationships, you need to think about others' feelings." She wing-woman'd for Candy, but didn't even care about any input from her brother.

> it looks like some snowglobe decoration lying around her own home
No, it looks like a snowglobe decoration in Dipper's bag that he took on an important science mission that she knew about. If she thought snow looked like a blob of outer space.
>Assuming what she got out of it was deeply worth it
>you don't understand, she REALLY wanted it so that makes it OK
Like I said, it's not hers and she knew it.
>some admittedly insane decision made in the heat of the moment
>implying it wasn't
"Oh hey timetraveler, you want my brother's universe-in-a-jar so you can make summer last forever for me?" No amount of thought went into this decision.

>>93319540
>leaving to travel
It was apprenticing, but I'm not sure it was travelling. I could be wrong though.
Studying under a genius relative isn't the worst idea you could have. If you're going to give it up (or compromise), do so for a better reason than "my sister is sad," like "oh shit I haven't talked to my parents about it" or "wait I like having a social life"
>>
>>93319693
Because she was under the influence at the time.
Once she got her head cleared up, she almost immediately told Dipper that. It's fucking obvious.
>>
This thread started kinda good but then quickly devolved into people arguing over which main character they found more annoying. It's not even about the show anymore it's about validating people's opinions that they've convinced themselves should be true for everyone.
>>
>>93316571
Dipper never physically abused any of the girls lol
>>
>>93319738
Can you please stop making shit up. She was not. She was given everything she wanted and this is why she wanted to stay. She was tempted, not controlled.
>>
>>93319738
If she was mind controlled, what was the point of actually giving her everything she wanted?
>>
File: 1495951192757.jpg (178KB, 1229x933px) Image search: [Google]
1495951192757.jpg
178KB, 1229x933px
>>93319631
Yeah, gotta change that
>>
>>93319743
It's always going to turn into a Mabel thread
It's always going to turn into a Jackie thread
It's always going to turn into a Shipping thread
welcome to /co
I don't think the thread is bad though. there's still legit conversation going on. It hasn't devolved into screaming at each other and memes...yet
>>
>>93315573
WRONG!
Season 1 does have good pacing, but the art is definitely still finding it's feet and Season 1 has some of the worst instances of the character's features (Pearl's nose, Steven's weight) being exaggerated to a fault.
And this post has to be trolling if you think Steven was anything but obnoxious in the first season. He is UNBEARABLE.
S1 is not the worst season, probably that's S3 or S4, but S2 is a clear improvement. The second half of S1 is probably SU at it's best, but the early episodes SUCK.
>>
File: One Punch Stan.gif (2MB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
One Punch Stan.gif
2MB, 540x300px
>>93312481
>>
>>93319727
>Roadside Attraction was disgust/annoyance.
You're a unironic, literal autist. That was exasperation. She wasn't disgusted or annoyed, and certainly wasn't trying to make fun of him like she almost always did with that type of thing. She was just tired of it, after so long she had thought it was finally over after her efforts "worked".
>we as viewers are also annoyed at the show bringing back Wendy crush drama
Well then, you as viewers are stupid. It was realistic, unlike the alternative of having him just get over her in the course of one episode. That's hard as fuck, especially when there aren't any other girls you're pursuing.
... which, come to think of it, is the whole point of that episode in the first place, and why it's SO FUCKING IMPORTANT despite the filler.
>Dipper was NOT shown obsessing over his pictures either.
Except he pretty much admitted to it. He could easily have told Mabel: "yeah, I keep these pictures just like you keep your scrapbook, just for the memories - but I get that it's over." Or something like that. Instead he did the opposite.
>>
>>93319768
>>93319788
Is alcohol mind control, anons?
>>
>>93312247
>"every episode feels handcrafted, pun intended"
>pun intended

...what?

I've read this area three times and I still don't get it.
>>
>>93319929
no, It the thing that helps me survive this highly unfair unbalanced game of reality
>>
>>93312247
GF was pretty awesome. Yeah, Mable never learn here lesson but she was entertaining. Maybe final turn out to be partially a cop out, but we had hell of a ride there. Yes, couple of clues never went anyway but all others pay off greatly. I re-watch it like 3 or 4 time already.
>>
>>93319746
I keep forgetting I'm dealing with actual autists. I had to rewatch that scene again to realize you're talking about the 1-second clip when she gets overexcited and pushes some guy so he falls over, while exclaiming she's "joking".
Yeah, not cool, but it's hardly something to talk about, let alone compare to actual fucking abuse.
>>
>>93312605
Yeah, you can't really have something like
http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/n.aspx

in a kids show, at least, not without some kind of asspull where the world doesn't end.
>>
>>93319942
Wood was practically the theme of the show.
Hand-crafted.
Geddit?

Sigh.
>>
>>93320027
huehuehuehuehue thanks for replying!
>>
>>93320065
>Wood was practically the theme of the show.
What
>>
>>93315771
SU is picking up now, S4 was pretty shit though.
>>
>>93319880
>That was exasperation.
>She wasn't disgusted or annoyed
I'm curious what you think exasperation is.

>It was realistic
It's realistic to have a regularly scheduled shit, but that doesn't mean you dedicate screen time to it.
>SO FUCKING IMPORTANT
Nobody gave a shit about the relationship drama. It was annoying to have Wendy brought back up as a love interest after hype was building from Ford's reveal, the magical protection of the shack, and precious few episodes left wondering what Bill's plan was. If RA didn't exist and Into the Bunker was the last mention of Wendip, nobody would have been asking "Well what about Dipper's crush on Wendy?"
>>
>>93320027
Even if you don't agree with all of the shows flaws, thats your right, I'm telling you right now if they got a 3rd season the entire show could have been improved.

Imagine if instead of monsters coming out of the portal, a wrong calculation was made and it pulled Mabel and Dipper into Bill's dimension. They would be forced to use all of the knowledge of the first two seasons so none of this bullshit where lessons are learnt and then forgot about happened. At the end of The last mabelcorn Mabel literally says something along the lines of "Maybe im not such a great person" which excited me when I saw it because it demonstrated honest to god growth as a person... And then still does all of her Weirdmaggedon (Should have been oddpocalypse btw) bullshit, taking any development away from her.
>>
>>93318758
The real tragedy would have been if she DIDN'T start matchmaking again. That was unironically my favorite part of her character.
(Especially when you compare the situation to that of a certain Star Butterfly, who got one of her main character traits flanderized out of existence because muh lore is obviously more important than getting actual entertainment from the story. Now, that was a somewhat different trait, but the point remains - it was a huge letdown in season 2 of that show.)
>>
>>93320118
Sorry, I meant that quite literally. Go rewatch the theme of the show, and count how many wooden objects you see.
>>
File: SUfag pls.png (394KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
SUfag pls.png
394KB, 1000x750px
>>93315529
>>
>>93312247
hey i did nothing but praise mabel and draw her naked, so the liar wasn't me
>>
>>93320263
>The real tragedy would have been if she DIDN'T start matchmaking again.
Actually I'll retract what I said about her stopping matchmaking. What she did with Candy/Dipper could hardly be called that, as it wasn't based on anything other than Candy saying she likes Dipper. I'd be satisfied if she went back to it like she did in Love God (sans magic)
>>
I'm surprised people are still arguing about this when OP literally did the asterisk action thing a few posts ago.

Like you see the posts OP is making here right? This guy's obviously a sperg
>>
>>93320394
Look who's talking.
>>
>>93320423
That comeback only works when the person your using it against has done something speedy, she all he's don is pointed out how much of an autist you are.
>>
>>93320423
REPLY TO MY POST OR ILL DERAIL THE THREAD
>>93320230
>>
>>93312605
Cosmic horror is always difficult to write good
>>
>>93320487
Calling someone a sperg for using one of the most common shorthands on the Internet IS something "speedy".
>>
>>93320394
Yes, he refuses to accept that we don't hate Mabel
We just don't like some parts of the show
And how they could have handled better
>>
>>93320518
I haven't replied because, well...
>>93320230
That may be the dumbest suggestion I've ever heard. I mean, we didn't even see FORD in that dimension. Do you really think the show could have spent an entire season, or even a few episodes, with the main characters stuck there?
>>
>>93320542
>Yes, he refuses to accept that we don't hate Mabel
>Mabel hate threads appear about weekly, down from daily not too long ago
>Mabel hate posts still get tons of replies in agreement
>but we don't hate Mabel
>>
>>93320603
Yeah it would have been cool and something different than the same ol "Monsters come out and destroy the city oh no!" Anyways the thread is now derailed because discussion is back onto the show instead of just
>Mabel didn't learn a lesson
>Yeah but Dipper!
>>
>>93320634
I'm talking about most of the replies on this thread
>>
>>93320603
>Do you really think the show could have spent an entire season, or even a few episodes, with the main characters stuck there?
Hey it's multidimension bullshit. The only limit is your imagination.
>>
>>93320684
Unlike most MOTW shows (which tend to annoy me), GF had a LOT of variety.

And that's the most interesting discussion, given that they're the main characters and have far more comparable scenes because of that.
>>
>>93320760
>bullshit
I don't want to watch that, though. That's an issue.
GF mostly had self-consistent weird phenomena.
>>
>>93312282
Linebreak your tl;drs away from the rest of your text wall, faggot.
>>
>>93320870
I'll be sure to do that next time, just for you.

Faggot.
>>
>>93320783
Theres no way they werent planning another season. Dipper not being Ford's apprentice was absolute bullshit and could have made for more fun adventures. Could they not have seperate storylines, with Dipper solving mysteries with Ford and Mabel getting fucked up by paranormal shit at school? Disney fucked it with all of the hiatuses and stuff. When this show was airing, I literally gave up on making a show of my own. The finale was so disappointing that I'm working to make a show to replace it. I NEED a satisfying ending.
>>
>>93320917
>Theres no way they werent planning another season.
"They" weren't even planning a 2nd season.
https://ohmy.disney.com/insider/2016/02/15/inside-the-decision-to-end-gravity-falls/
>>
>>93320634
I personally love Mabel. I just wish the show had a dynamic between Dipper and Mabel that I could find more satisfying. I truly enjoyed how they played off each other and how heartwarming resolutions felt to me. But they sorta made her character development take a backseat to a character whose impact is hardly except in the last 3 or 4 eps. If they had been able to get those twin parallels to a place I could've really gotten into GF would be one of my all time faves. Right now it's just another cool show I used to watch on tv.
>>
>>93319852
Basically, what Alex calls his artistic integrity to his fans.
>>
File: themanwithnotaste.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
themanwithnotaste.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>93312247
>>
>>93321053
>If they had been able to get those twin parallels to a place I could've really gotten into GF would be one of my all time faves.
I think they really did, though. Dipper made the choice to continue his normal life as a teenager, while Ford finally chose Stan over his research. Dipper doesn't repeat Ford's mistake of abandoning his family to chase some crazy dream (that turned out quite badly for him, to put it mildly), and grows up as a normal kid. While Ford and Stan finally get a chance to reconcile after so many decades, almost thanks to Dipper's choice in some small way. (I still think Ford would have chosen to go with Stan, but what if Dipper still wanted to stay? What if he convinced him? We'll never know, but honestly I'd rather not risk another Pines generation torn apart like that.)
>>
File: 1496139113611.jpg (37KB, 720x512px) Image search: [Google]
1496139113611.jpg
37KB, 720x512px
>>93321196
I will throw money for you guys to fuck each other instead
>>
>>93321244
>that turned out quite badly for him, to put it mildly
I dunno, he got all that government money and had lots of fun until he foolishly summoned Bill.
>>
>>93313782
>/co/ shitting on Harvey
Never saw it, go away with your bait
>>
>>93312247
Mabel is kinda selfish, which to a board of neckbeards, makes her seem like a bitch. I wish there were more Dipper-heavy episodes (i can really only think of the one about manliness as an episode that's almost 100% Dipper and creatureoftheweek) cause there's a bunch that focus on Mabel (almost every episode has her doing something even if the story is split to be about her half and Dipper's half, i dunno).

But even that's just me being nitpicky because I like Dipper (and Wendy but not DipperWendy) the most out of the cast. Mabel and her friends are just kinda annoying. Brenda is funny for like two seconds for the voice thing and they underutilized Candy (Who's adorable because whomever voices her and Bmo just plain have an adorable voice/can make an adorable voice).

But these are all personal issues for me, not anything bad with the show itsself (besides maybe not enough Candy).

Is that her name? The asian chick? Fuck now i'm unsure i haven't watched the show since it finished up.
>>
>>93321352
I didn't say immediately. Losing 30 years of your life is not worth ANY amount of money, anon.
>>
>>93321196

What he said >>93321307
>>
File: Twin Cest.gif (2MB, 358x268px) Image search: [Google]
Twin Cest.gif
2MB, 358x268px
>>93321307
>>93321389
A reason to post this again...
>>
File: 1452450213103.png (966KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1452450213103.png
966KB, 1024x768px
>>93321451
>I'm telling mom
>>
>>93321376
>Mabel is kinda selfish
Mabel can be petty selfish, over small things. But she ALWAYS comes through when she knows she can save the day, no matter the cost.

Mabel haters, just try to name ONE instance in the entire show when she knew she could do something to save the day and took more than a few seconds of deliberation to get going. (No, instances of heavily implied brainwashing don't count.)

Now, you might say that's kind of expected and all, but the thing is I've watched more than enough cartoons to know this: characters like Mabel who DON'T ever do this are extremely rare.
>>
>>93315709
Alright, time to round out these responses since I did all but promise to finish them:
>The show was clearly meant for 3 seasons so a lot of things seemed rushed.
It wasn't even meant for 2 seasons: >>93320968
>ford's characterization felt really rushed.
How? If anything, you should criticize his initial characterization, hating the guy who just rescued you after 30 YEARS to the point of wanting to kick him out of his only home is just fucking brutal.
>season 1 was spaced out from fun random things with story episodes in between to mostly story episodes with very few non story episodes thrown in. so you could tell they had to do it all at once.
But that's how stories like this are supposed to flow. As an example, SVTFOE tried the same thing, though because the writing quality of that show isn't anywhere near this one's it sorta flopped in this sense. But it's kinda expected.
>some characters seemed like they would have had bigger parts if given more episodes like Wendy, Soos, and some side characters.
Again, I'm not sure what you mean. (Unless you're a Dipifica shipper...)
>Pacifica had a few moments of development but then they seemed to disappear the next time she would come around.
Only in the finale, as I did mention in the OP. Before that her development flowed naturally.
>she goes back to the same Mabel
You're gonna need to provide some examples.
>Episode with dipper talking to girls was bullshit because dipper did nothing wrong.
Thoroughly debunked starting in >>93315850
>Show needed more Soos
Can't say I disagree, but that's not an argument.
>>
>>93321972
How is talking to girls wrong again?
>>
>>93312605
>kids crying because of cosmic horror
>not finding it based AF
way to go retard, did you miss the entire hot topic "cthullu" fanbase?
>>
People still listen to other people, and not just watch the first episode or two to see if they might actually enjoy it?

Also Pacifica is best girl.
>>
>>93312593
You post a phone screenshot instead of a link? That doesn't even have the full response? And when your phone seriously needs charging?
http://fuckyeahgravityfalls.com/post/161149967865
>>
>>93322581
read >>93315850 then get back to me if you have more SPECIFIC questions, I'm not writing all that up again but slightly differently
>>
>>93322968
But how else is he meant to increase his confidence? Otherwise he'll have no experience talking to women and become a BITTER loser instead of a regular down on his luck unrequited love loser. This is just part of growing up as a man.
>>
>>93322876
While that would certainly have worked in this case, I've found it to be deceptive quite a few times. Also even watching an hour each of several different shows potentially wastes quite a bit of time if you decide not to finish any, and there are so many options (especially if you don't limit yourself to American series like /co/ seems to do all too often).
>>
>>93323027
He wasn't getting rejected, though. He should have tried to take it further with the first girl, and only if it didn't work out move to the next one. Not bounce from one to another basically giving himself a natural drug-fueled high from all the successes like girls often do to guys.
>>
>>93323094
Huh. If this is how normal people are supposed to behave, I'm fucked. I'm obviously too autistic and removed from society to see anything wrong with talking to girls WHILST MAKING NOT A SINGLE COMMITMENT. How did Dipper even afford all those wedding rings? He's only 12?
>>
>>93316185
Boy Boy wouldve been annoying Zach&Cody style
Girl Girl wouldve been the exact same except Wendy wouldve been a boy and it wouldve been even more creepy
>>
>>93323138
Look man, it's true that he didn't technically make a commitment on-screen. BUT the implication was clearly that he would communicate with those girls for romantic purposes, playing with their emotions essentially. I find it disgusting when girls do this type of shit with their "orbiters" in real life, and I'm not about to let fictional guys get a pass on the reverse (if only so society doesn't get even more brainwashed into thinking it's okay).

tl;dr: Don't hurt people if you can avoid it. Simple. (Hey >>93320870, did I satisfy your need for a GAP?)
>>
>>93323221
Why would it be creepy?
>>
>>93323260
I didn't interpret it that way at all. I thought Dipper was more "Im never going to see these girls again, might as well learn how to talk to them so I can get what I want out of relationships in the future. They won't be hurt by it because its a simple summer thing and the girls will move on just like I will when summer is over." But I haven't seen it in a while so yeah I don't know.
>>
The only logical choice.
>>
>>93323221
What about if Mabel was a boy and Dipper was a girl?
>>
>>93323355
Wouldnt mind that actually
suprised they didnt do this knowing what a sjw cuck Hirsh is
>>
>>93319303
>He now knows he can be smooth with the ladies when he wants to
Actually, no he can't, because the only way he got Candi to forgive him for doing nothing wrong was to be self-depreciative. And then they end it with Candi saying she's no longer attracted to him at all (because he's being a beta again).

>He also got passed up by a girl who hasn't exactly been slacking off in the dating department
I don't care about them dating. I was talking about how Wendy offers nothing to Dipper when she's no longer his crush. Even she said it herself that she only hangs out with him because of the adventures and stuff he goes on everyday. What has she ever done for Dipper besides let him talk to her?

>He was INSANE for thinking of taking up that offer. He would destroy his formative teenage years for some wacko craziness.
Right, I remember that part in the finale where Dipper got PTSD from having adventures in Gravity Falls for three months. Or how about right after saving Ford from going into space, he was bawling his eyes out and scared.

From your retarded logic he shouldn't want to come back to Gravity Falls at all next summer.

> for one thing if he were actually sane he would have offered Dipper something more reasonable
You mean studying strange phenomena and, again, going on adventures, like he was all summer? You're acting like Dipper wasn't intentionally looking for weird shit to geek out about. Experiencing the paranormal is one of his major hobbies.

If you think that's so horrible what did you make of Stan and Ford going to do paranormal investigations on their own?

>And most importantly, did you forget that the offer NO LONGER EXISTS
Based on...nothing. Stan-o-War 2.

>A "loser" who literally admits he got everything he wanted
It called self-denial, something you're pretty good at anon.
>>
>>93323338
He got their numbers, though. And made a point of not washing them off (until he learned his lesson at the end of the episode).

And it doesn't matter anyways. Flirting that's unambiguously romantic (which includes flirting that ends in getting digits) is wrong if you have no real intention of ever continuing it with that person but instead are just doing it for your own selfish reasons. Again, it's one of the things girls often get to do to guys in RL, and it feels horrible when you realize you've been played (usually for tangible goods).
>>
File: retardsfix.png (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
retardsfix.png
42KB, 1280x720px
>>93315388
>>93315305
>>93317393
>>
>>93323411
If Hirsch was an SJW his show would be trash like every other modern cartoon.
More importantly, the sexes would still be the same, not reversed. Try to figure out why.
>>
>>93315242
>>93323610
SAMEFAG
A
M
E
F
A
G
>>
>>93323260
> BUT the implication was clearly that he would communicate with those girls for romantic purposes

That's your headcanon. If you look at what Dipper was actually doing it's no different from how regular, non-autists (unlike you) make friends. He's also way less forward than Mabel (who does make it obvious she wants a boyfriend based on actual dialogue, ie "do you like me", "i'm the girl of your dreams", "take me with you", etc) but she's never punished for doing what is assumed of Dipper in that episode.
>>
>>93323350
The happy ending everyone wanted.
>>
File: Gravity Falls_Mutant.jpg (303KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Gravity Falls_Mutant.jpg
303KB, 1920x1080px
>>93323633
>>
>>93323500
>Actually, no he can't, because the only way he got Candi to forgive him for doing nothing wrong was to be self-depreciative. And then they end it with Candi saying she's no longer attracted to him at all (because he's being a beta again).
Okay, first of all, back to /r9k/ with you, "beta".
Second, the whole point was that he had no intention of dating her in the first place, so it doesn't matter in that case. What does is that he has the knowledge he can do that, which he can now apply at school... BTW, remind me where he's supposed to meet girls around Gravity Falls when it's not summer again? Just curious for one of the next questions.
>I don't care about them dating. I was talking about how Wendy offers nothing to Dipper when she's no longer his crush. Even she said it herself that she only hangs out with him because of the adventures and stuff he goes on everyday. What has she ever done for Dipper besides let him talk to her?
What has Dipper ever done for her that wasn't directly connected to getting her to go out with him?
>Right, I remember that part in the finale where Dipper got PTSD from having adventures in Gravity Falls for three months. Or how about right after saving Ford from going into space, he was bawling his eyes out and scared.
He actually showed some serious signs of PTSD in "The Last Mabelcorn". But I wouldn't have expected you to notice that.
>From your retarded logic he shouldn't want to come back to Gravity Falls at all next summer.
He shouldn't want to spend his entire youth there, or at similar weird locations, either.
>You mean studying strange phenomena and, again, going on adventures, like he was all summer? You're acting like Dipper wasn't intentionally looking for weird shit to geek out about. Experiencing the paranormal is one of his major hobbies.
There's a huge difference between spending a summer with an entire community, various tourists, and most importantly his family, and isolating himself with an all-but-madman.
>>
>>93323633
I actually can't figure out why. Why?
>>
>>93323500
>>93323929
Ugh, fucking 4chan post limits.
>If you think that's so horrible what did you make of Stan and Ford going to do paranormal investigations on their own?
Again, there's a huge difference. Stan and Ford are two approximately senior-aged brothers who have finally decided to reconcile and take what may be their last opportunity to go on a great journey together like they always dreamed of. Dipper just became a teenager, he still has his whole life ahead of him basically. He should NOT be shutting himself in like that.
>Based on...nothing. Stan-o-War 2.
Come again? You didn't address my point at all.
>It called self-denial, something you're pretty good at anon.
No, it's called winning arguments. Which I have.
>>
>>93323350
>>93323712
But nobody got.
At least we got it confirmed in the journal... well, confirmed enough for me at least. No guy who isn't crushing on a girl would write something like that about her, and the "vibe" part means it's probably mutual. If only we could see a kiss on-screen...
>>
>>93323971
Because it's called the pussy pass, anon. Not the dick pass.

(Which BTW is something I don't think GF actually abused more than the average girl gets to in real life, but if it were an SJW show like every other modern cartoon is it certainly would have. Oh, would it ever. It would probably be my #1 hated cartoon then.

I'm actually thinking of some similar characters right now, and you guys have NO idea how bad Mabel could have been.)
>>
File: Gravity Falls_Demon Bum.jpg (94KB, 927x641px) Image search: [Google]
Gravity Falls_Demon Bum.jpg
94KB, 927x641px
>>93324090
>>
>>93324169
How bad could she have been?
>>
>>93324028
HOW WOULD YOU WANT THE SERIES TO END THEN? because i think mabel not having to learn her bullshit "You fucked everything up" lesson. Whats so bad about wanting to hang out with your cool uncles in the summer? Why is that Dipper boxing himself in but Mabel wanting him to do whatever she wants isn't her controlling him? Why do you only respond to certain posts if youre so good at "winning arguments"? (Btw I think it should be referred to as discussion, not an argument. A lot of people are saying the same thing worded differently and then get pissed off for no reason.)
>>
>>93324313
You want me to rate it on a scale of 1 to 10 for you? Well, let's just say that 11 wouldn't cut it.

Seriously though, girls who strive to actually be good (even if they give in to selfish impulses at times like basically any human being does) and are actually hurt by the notion they aren't, to the point they decide to self-improve without any personal gain... yeah. That's rare for guys, even.

Oh, and if you really need an example, I already gave one ITT (from Roadside Attraction):
>Oh, and Mabel? Almost as soon as he told her he needed her help, she (along with Candy!) ran to do what needed to be done. I hate to compare directly to other shows sometimes, but do you know how many other cartoons would have had her pouting and leaving him to save the day on his own?
>>
File: Quickest way to her heart.png (915KB, 1624x432px) Image search: [Google]
Quickest way to her heart.png
915KB, 1624x432px
>>93324237
RIP Pyronica
Your vore potential and not-nudity will be missed.
>>
>>93324370
>HOW WOULD YOU WANT THE SERIES TO END THEN?
Um, mostly like it did? I'm quite satisfied as you can tell from the OP, though I wouldn't be against a *few* extra episodes for a bit more closure here and there.
>because i think mabel not having to learn her bullshit "You fucked everything up" lesson.
What exactly do you people want from her!? She knew quite well she screwed up horribly with the globe thing. And she was obviously influenced in the bubble world, nobody was expected to be able to break out of there (man, Dipper can be awesome sometimes).
>Whats so bad about wanting to hang out with your cool uncles in the summer?
Uh, anon? Season 2 marked the end of Gravity Falls' summer, just in case you didn't notice...
>Why is that Dipper boxing himself in but Mabel wanting him to do whatever she wants isn't her controlling him?
She isn't "controlling" him, or getting him to do what she wants. As soon as she was free from the toxic influence of the bubble she told him he was totally free to choose without her pushing him in either direction. He just realized he had probably been about to make an even dumber mistake than Ford did back in the day.
>Why do you only respond to certain posts if youre so good at "winning arguments"?
You know anon, that's not cool. As the OP I was interested in some serious discussion of this amazing show, and I've been doing my very best to respond to every serious question/argument ITT. If you think I missed one, do let me know, but don't just accuse me of evading with no proof.
>(Btw I think it should be referred to as discussion, not an argument. A lot of people are saying the same thing worded differently and then get pissed off for no reason.)
Small distinctions can hide big differences.
>>
File: Gravity Falls_Pyronica smile.png (465KB, 683x655px) Image search: [Google]
Gravity Falls_Pyronica smile.png
465KB, 683x655px
>>93324544
It already is.
>>
>>93324790
>She knew quite well she screwed up horribly with the globe thing.

She showed zero signs of knowing that
>>
>>93324544
Indeed
>>
>>93324885
Well, what I actually meant is that anyone who ISN'T COMPLETELY FUCKING RETARDED would realize that. So yeah, if you just want to assume she falls into that category, go ahead.
>>
>>93319084
You sound like a faggot.
>>
File: 1495078823386.jpg (57KB, 500x968px) Image search: [Google]
1495078823386.jpg
57KB, 500x968px
>>93325020
Lol, no way fag.
>>
>>93323551
The numbers were just trophies you absolute fucking retard.

The girls would've remembered him as some random and fun boy they met on vacation. Nobody would be getting hurt.
>>
>>93325372
Somehow I'm guessing you're so ugly girls haven't even tried to take advantage of your poor dating opportunities, and so you don't have any idea how what I'm talking about feels.
>>
>>93313048
>It was practically perfect for what it tried to be.
Garbage? Just accept that you have low standards and move on.
>>
>>93325169
Dipping sauce doesn't mix well with Mabel syrup.
>>
>>93316856
>As much as I hate to admit it, these are all valid points
Why are you such a lil faggit tho?
>>
>>93325476
Insults aren't going to convince me this show isn't all but perfect, fellow anon. Then again, nothing is likely to.
>>
>>93325476
>I'm so much better than you only I watch the good cartoons that are good because I am better than you, don't respond because I have already won my taste is objectively so much better even tho i have no idea what that word even means.

The fact that you think your standards for ANYTHING is higher, and somehow that makes you better than anyone else triggers me something fierce anon.

Just accept that you're a patronizing pretentious piece of shit and move on.
>>
>>93325169
whats the sauce/artist of this? Google and iqdb doesnt show anything
>>
>>93325476
what shows do you like, anon?
>>
File: obligatory pacifica.jpg (153KB, 930x645px) Image search: [Google]
obligatory pacifica.jpg
153KB, 930x645px
>>93323350
>>
>>93325674
That sounds like a You problem, and not a Me problem.
>>
>>93323633
>If Hirsch was an SJW
>Hirsch
>SJW

Man, he is a leftist, not a SJW. Hirsch is actualy one of the only cartoon creators who actualy shitted on SJWs on Twitter, for fuck's sake, he is best friend with Justin "Rick&Morty are fucking in one dimension and I don't care if you get triggered" Roiland.

He literally said on Twitter to SJWs to stop being autistic and go fucking out to learn something about the real world. He always shitted on overly sensitive types.
>>
>>93325746
And I quoted the wrong guy, it was for >>93323411
>>
>>93325624
I don't want to convince you. You're too far gone if a shitty show with terrible characters, obnoxious humor and a godawful main villain is perfect to you.
>>93325627
Never seen so much insecurity in one post, bravo.
>>
>>93325866
That's fine because it's rare to see an idiot pretending they're better than anyone else because of how delusional they are. Wait no it's not.
Get a new bit cause the one you're using has been stale for years.
>>
>>93313782
For the love of God I will never understand how anyone can enjoy ATHF or Metalocalypse but hate 12 oz Mouse when their humor is similarily surreal.
Is it the butthurt over the simplistic artstyle?
>>
>>93325972
Enough of your insecurities, moron. Do you comprehend how pathetic you sound when all you do is repeat "t-they think my taste is bad, wahh, they think they're better than me wahh wahh" when that wasn't even the implication.
Good job being a hypocritical sack of shit and ignoring every "/co/ just likes to complain" oversimplifications of people's motivation for not liking the show, though. That definitely doesn't carry any implications you're so butthurt about.

And yes, low standards are a thing (just look at OP) and the show is still bad. Deal with it.
>>
File: images.png (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
3KB, 225x225px
>>93326116
you're projecting hard anon. Also you're mad that I called you a name and now you're sperging out because an anon was mean to you.
>>
File: 1496256874224.gif (349KB, 720x378px) Image search: [Google]
1496256874224.gif
349KB, 720x378px
>>93326116
Man, don't put /co/ "taste" in a pedestal, it is actualy a big circlejerk of unpopular opinions with autistic standards and oversimplified way of seeing things, it is the k8nd that is actualy mocked on its own media.
>>
>>93326195
>projecting hard
That's your prerogative in this thread.
>>
>>93326262
What did I say about that hypocrisy?
>>
>>93326291
I only got triggered once anon, this is like what? Time five for you?
>>93326262
also
>>
>>93326354
>t-triggered
You just keep being pathetic.
Also, nice samefag for a low-quality shitpost.
>>
>>93326354
the fact that you think I'd go as far as samefagging for this stupid fit of yours is hilarious.
>>
>>93326644
>>so mad it can't even quote properly
>"stupid fit of yours"
I know, it may come as a surprise to you, but you're the one throwing a humongous bitchfit over your own insecurity because someone chose a wording you don't like.
I love how you have no self-awareness at all. I'm waiting for more of your posts. Your stupidity entertains me.
>>
>>93312724
people from gravity falls moved on to ducktales. you sound like an edgy 12 year old
>>
>>93326815
Nope I'm actually just having fun watching your little meltdown. I'm not mad at actually.
>>
>>93327161
*not mad at all.
>>
>>93327161
>a combination of "U-U MAD" and "I know you are but who I am"
Wow.
Don't stop. I'm curious how low your shitposting can get.
>>
>>93327208
well at least you recognize that I'm barely trying.

by the way I'll stop being an ass. I'm actually curious what you think a good cartoon is. Like what is, in your opinion, a really really good show? I promise I'm not going to shit on it, I just wanna' know. If you don't want want to respond or keep talking that's fine too, but I'm done shitposting.
>>
>>93327310
Gargoyles or OtGW. Maybe MAXX though I don't remember much of it.
For the record: feel free to say I have low standards. I don't care. It's not the same as thinking you are better than someone else. I know plenty of people much smarter than I am who watch what I think is garbage television or listen to terrible music.
>>
>>93325746
Yeah he's shitted on Tumblr a decent amount. He's way more our guy than we admit because we're so butthurt about the show being over. He even used to chill in the draw thread before manzifags started hackposting with pure autistic abandon. That stuff got brutal, it's no surprise he left and never came back
>>
>>93327458
I like Gargoyles and OtGW. I've never heard of MAXX though I might have to look it up. I like a whole bunch of cartoons, that's why I'm on this board. I did get triggered over the word 'standards' because I guess it sounds more authoritative to me rather than 'you have shit taste' which feels more like a friendly jab. But that's just something I need to get over otherwise I might stay autistic forever, let's be honest that's the more likely path but it helps to be optimistic.
Thanks for telling me what shows you think are good. FWIW I agree with you I just also happened to enjoy Gravity Falls as well. I don't think it's perfect of course but I wouldn't call it shit-tier, for me that'd be more like Mid Series Spongebob and Late Family Guy or Mr Pickles.
>>
>>93324544
https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/92758213/#92842081
>>
>>93324959
Dude, Tell me when she showed remorse about the rift
>>
>>93329432
>>93329432
She did not
>>
What the fuck is going on ITT? Alright anons, I've addressed basically every major criticism of the show that's come up here. If you actually want to shit on it you're going to need to do way better than "muh shit taste".
>>
>>93330835
Are you OP? It seems like the thread got derailed and it's slowly finding itself back on track. >
>>
File: lBYwEDm.gif (988KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
lBYwEDm.gif
988KB, 500x400px
>>93312342
Please.... please be fucking real.
>>
File: wendyBoredReaction.jpg (35KB, 149x175px) Image search: [Google]
wendyBoredReaction.jpg
35KB, 149x175px
>>93330949
>Please.... please be fucking real.
You been deployed overseas or something?
They've been hyping this reboot for months.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZek9PFMYOw
>>
File: nuwebby best girl.jpg (8KB, 168x192px) Image search: [Google]
nuwebby best girl.jpg
8KB, 168x192px
>>93330949
anon it's totes real. It's been making the rounds for a while! The boys voices seem meh but otherwise it actually looks kinda' hype.
>>
>>93326949
>people
All two of them? Also quit copying >>93317276 it makes you look bad.
>>
>>93327458
>>93327877
OTGW is a mini-series, basically a movie split into chunks. Not a real series.
MAXX is horrific and should never, ever be mentioned on /co/, thank you very much anon.

Tell me more about Gargoyles and what's so fucking great about it.
>>
>>93331314
Okay so I'm not sure if you're OG anon and you tried to b8 me, or if you're a completely different anon (Y'know that's how 4chan goes) but I'll still answer either way.

Over the Garden Wall is /co. It's a cartoon. I enjoyed it for it's atmosphere and the weird little things that happened throughout. I don't know how or why you are trying to dismiss it as /co when it is clearly as such so I'll forget that argument for now (Or forever because I think it's dumb.)
I've never heard of MAXX so I have nothing to say about it. At all.
As for Gargoyles I haven't watched the whole thing and I don't remember much about the arcs. I just watched it when it came on and usually enjoyed myself. I remember liking the theme song and liked what was happening but I can't defend it properly because I watched it so so long ago.
That's pretty much all I've got, unless I need to list cartoons that I like in order to appear worthy to a fellow user such as yourself.
(I really hope you aren't anon from before because it would suck that you weren't, underneath all the 4chan identity pretending bullshit, a cool anon.)
I would gladly list you all the cartoons I like (Not favs but every cartoon I can enjoy) if you would like me to anon, all you have to do is ask.
One last note, I'm super drunk, good luck trying to get a rise outta' me cause it aint gonna' happen.
>>
Holy shit, a somewhat serious discussion GF Thread with little pinecest on it? that sure is rare
>>
>>93317878
Yeah, and he ran a phone operating business.
>>
File: 1495950828167.jpg (39KB, 611x525px) Image search: [Google]
1495950828167.jpg
39KB, 611x525px
>>93331932
true, gotta change that right?
>>
File: 1345922503478.png (5KB, 601x695px) Image search: [Google]
1345922503478.png
5KB, 601x695px
>>93314714
Yeah, Season 2b was full of let-downs, but Escape From Reality was definitely the biggest of them all.
>>
File: aviso celestial.jpg (65KB, 329x400px) Image search: [Google]
aviso celestial.jpg
65KB, 329x400px
>>93332001
>>
>>93332001
So why'd DP quit making art anyways?
>>
>>93332092
I dont know but I will assume like most artist in Tumblr, got bullied the fuck out of it by the "antishippers", When I was browsing for these shit since Its one my guiltiest pleasures and actually 1 of the only 3 ships in cartoons that I give a shit about, I found in the search many vocal against it, not exactly towards her though.... also I remember back sometime ago if Im not wrong she posted pics of her in real life
>>
>>93326023
12 oz mouse is just a pleb filter
>>
>>93331502
>OG anon
I'm the OP, but not the anon who mentioned these shows.
And I never said it wasn't /co/. I said it wasn't a real animated *series*. We discuss animated movies here, do we not?
>>
>>93332613
Yeah we discuss anything animated, provided it's not /a, here right? I wasn't sure what the point of putting OtGW into a border was. It's not a full series but it's not a movie. It's just it's own nice thing desu. I don't really feel like getting into a fight over it or anything, if you don't like it that's fine.
>>
>>93332613
Also I like you OP. We have similar opinions on Gravity Falls and we both watched it recently in a short time frame. I'm not sure I agree with the other shows you don't like, but that doesn't matter too much because I'm glad to see someone defend the dumb shit people seem to say about GF.
>>
>>93333206
I meant that it's like comparing a movie to a full series. (And I don't like animated movies anyway, at least I can't think of a single really good one.)
>>
>>93333222
The only question I come out of with that is: You don't even like Disney shit? I really like that stuff. Alice being my fav and Fantasia but I also like pretty much all the other stuff too. Plus I really like Ghibli stuff (cause I'm a weabooo) and Iron Giant, and Anastasia ain't too shabby either in my opinion. I usually like animated movies even more because it feels like the studio had more time to focus on making everything look and sound really good! But I'm also not in a fight mood.
Tell me your opinion cause I'd love to hear it! But I'm not going to fight or be dick because I just wanna' talk about cool shit right now.
>>
>>93333285
With Disney stuff it's the animation that puts me off even more than the writing. It's not a popular opinion, I know, but even CalArts style is vastly preferable to that weird "smooth" effect Disney animation is known for.
(Yes, I know I'm conflating design style and animation here, but I'm not an animator and they tend to go together. Bear with me here.)

But also animated movies in general, Disney or otherwise, almost always come off as having mass-produced plots with very little depth to them. Even the best ones. This may be true for the average cartoon as well, but it's certainly not the case for the best cartoons.

And finally, this is more of a personal preference, but it's not an uncommon one: less than 2 hours simply isn't enough time to really get invested in a work. Especially when it's not designed to be watched in multiple sittings. And especially when there's no awesome theme song to get you pumped every 22 minutes or so.
>>
>>93312605
>>93317585
>>93322854
Hold on, how was Gravity Falls NOT basically a cosmic horror show? Or at least include it?
>>93320525
You don't write good, you write WELL. Grammar.
>>
>>93312247
Go home, Alex.
It's over.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk
>>
>>93334128
>cosmic horror show
The real horror is Pinecest
>>
File: 1496449785841.png (181KB, 531x404px) Image search: [Google]
1496449785841.png
181KB, 531x404px
>>93332001
>>
>>93332001
No, we should harass Disney until we get the gravity falls comic
>>
>>93314739
Time constraints or just
>you saw it coming and it would over with a magic circle of bullshit and happy thoughts ? Think again
>>
>>93316040
Nigger, the characters make mistakes in the show. It's a cartoon for kids. It's for them to see the characters do fuck up, makes mistakes and learn from it.

Not for a 30 year old to shit his adult diapers over a drawing's un-perfectness.

Fucking hell.
>>
File: 1340615813660.png (331KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1340615813660.png
331KB, 600x800px
To all the haters
>>
File: 1086951-pbxDBlNYm5uipSs4.png (120KB, 680x512px) Image search: [Google]
1086951-pbxDBlNYm5uipSs4.png
120KB, 680x512px
>>93332001
>>93332017
>>93334584
>>
>>93335264
>the characters make mistakes in the show. It's a cartoon for kids. It's for them to see the characters do fuck up, makes mistakes and learn from it.
That's kinda the whole point of this thread... so thanks, I guess?
>Not for a 30 year old to shit his adult diapers over a drawing's un-perfectness.
Let's see here, gotta dig up that response:
>Hey, it's that one guy who hates discussion on a board for discussing cartoons. What are you doing in my thread, anon?
>>
They rage against Mary-Sue's.
A cartoon with characters that can and do screw up.
Guess what?
They rage against that.
It's quite something for 12 year olds to try and save the universe.
>>
File: 1379195796763.jpg (109KB, 742x648px) Image search: [Google]
1379195796763.jpg
109KB, 742x648px
>>
File: 1414262992956.png (213KB, 675x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1414262992956.png
213KB, 675x1017px
>>
File: MabelPines.png (287KB, 1280x1684px) Image search: [Google]
MabelPines.png
287KB, 1280x1684px
Mabel hypnotised into going without socks
>>
>>93314739
According to an interview, it was just supposed to be a cool-looking symbol. He threw it into the finale because people wanted it to have an explanation.
>>
>>93336566
Except nobody outside Tumblr is raging against Dipper. Mabel OTOH seems to be one of the most hated characters in fiction, ever.
>>
>>93312593
Bill would have worked a lot better as the crony or right-hand-man of the real big bad.

It was pretty clear that he wasn't initially intended to be the main villain as he got pretty easily outsmarted by Dipper and Mabel on multiple occasions and it made him seem pretty non-threatening by the time the finale came around.
>>
>>93337045
Why is Pacifica such sex
>>
File: 9cf414e4aa0cd0c0a8e9230b25da5e54.jpg (451KB, 1280x1828px) Image search: [Google]
9cf414e4aa0cd0c0a8e9230b25da5e54.jpg
451KB, 1280x1828px
>>93338705
Those incredible legs and feet
>>
>>93338839
She's almost literally a walking head in the show like every kid character, what are you on about?
>>
>>93338839
Legs maybe but feet no.
There's a couple other big reasons.
>>
So I just marathoned the entirety of Gravity Falls.
First off, I was an idiot for not watching it when it was airing. This show is practically PERFECT. I don't think I could praise it enough. Every episode feels handcrafted, pun intended - not like literally EVERY SINGLE other modern cartoon garbage I've tried to watch.
But you guys keep complaining about the show, and most of those complaints are about Mabel. I have one question: WHAT THE FUCK!? There was not one point in the series, not ONE point, when I felt that Mabel was a bad person or had gone "too far", so to speak. In fact, MANY times I was more irritated with Dipper, and that was THE POINT - they were written extremely well-balanced!
And yes, this includes season 2B. I don't know what is up with you guys, but you had me scared for a drop in quality as some point. It just never came. The finale was so fucking epic...
The ONE thing I can agree on to some extent was the treatment of Pacifica in the finale, but it didn't bug me much for two reasons: the line about her parents where she clearly realizes now her family is in the wrong in some way at least, but also it's much more realistic that way - a childhood of snobbish upbringing isn't going to go away that quickly, but her signing the letter (with a heart no less) and participating in practically every major wrap-up scene shows that's she's changing for the better. (I also noticed her parents were portrayed in a slightly better light in the finale, which may keep them from drifting apart and hating each other in future.)
tl;dr: My hat's off to the entire crew, who somehow managed to break through the horror show that is modern Western animation (the fact that a lot of character stuff was apparently based on the real life experiences of the show's creator may have had a LOT to do with it). And shame on you, /co/. Shame on you.
(OH, AND THAT FUCKING THEME SONG, MAN. THAT FUCKING THEME SONG. That's what finally got me to watch this show, in fact...)
>>
>>93339036
You're right, her earrings are great.
>>
>>93339069
Looks like someone just discovered the copy and paste buttons, wonder if the delete button is next?
>>
>>93339036
I believe those reasons were cut down to size.
>>
>>93312247
It's your fault for being so gullible
>>
>>93339131
Gullible how? That I didn't watch it initially, or that I actually enjoyed it?
>>
>>93315013
see >>93320968
>>
File: commission_disco_girl_siblings.png (765KB, 1221x909px) Image search: [Google]
commission_disco_girl_siblings.png
765KB, 1221x909px
>>
>>93337255
That would be fine, except the show kept hinting at there being some kind of underlying mystery tying the main elements of the show together, and it turned out there wasn't, they just made it up as they went along and failed to tie it together into a wholly satisfying conclusion. If GF had done less foreshadowing, it would be more fondly remembered. If they'd actually worked out an underlying plot in advance like they tried to convince us they had, it'd probably be VERY fondly remembered. It was a good show, I'm just saying, they set themselves up for a fall in the final half-season.
>>
>>
>>93341975
D-Dipper looks cuutee in a dress. >_>
>>
>>93319790
I wonder if Mable would let him cum inside her to make an incest baby?
>>
>>93343763
probably yes and say "it's going to be like uncle ford and have 6 fingers, he will be amazing and is going to kick unicorn's ass too"
>>
>>93339069
If you want to shitpost at least make an effort
>>
>>93344724
But then it wouldn't be a shitpost, now would it? Should be called an effortpost or something.
>>
>>93345339
I can't argue with that
Thread posts: 430
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.