[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you really understand it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: For sara.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
For sara.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
Please be honest and explain your answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8SY5_Q07Is
>>
Sure, it's a fairly authentic recreation of teenage poetry. Mostly, but not entirely mundane and trite. Forcing the premise here and there.

[Side A]
1: A fairly abstract piece about human connection, grasping at the unknown distances between two. Probably the best piece.
2: "Far Away" here he indulges in daydream. Dips his head into the River Lethe and forgets that he is grounded to the earth, instead dreams of a love unrealized.
3: "Translucent" platonic ideals in an ephemeral world, something/someone to anchor to, etc etc.
4: The classic Artist's plea lamenting one's inability to put thought and feeling faithfully onto page, transitioning into core childhood memories about his (I don't remember if divorced or dead) father.
5: Wirt's miserably failed attempt at freeform jazz/impromptu poetry because he is a mediated mind.

[Side B]
1: It gets much more mundane here, making poems about a teen's everyday life. First getting out of bed.
2: Then of a crush. Nothing much to say as far as love poems go.
3: "The Two Cliffs" a poem about the sensation of fear and more specifically about his decision to confront he crush and face potential rejection. Very opaque.
4/5: Greg sings bananas and Bear Raven.
6: An outro mirroring the intro/outro of the series about fanciful dreams and imagination bringing color to life.

Being no great student of the anachronistic Art of Poetry, I'm sure the same way the series was filled with old art and animation references, there are tons of poetry references in here that I missed.
>>
>>93310845

Your answer is very complete, I'm trying to understand it myself. So I went to read an interview with McHale and he said the following.

"But maybe it's only about life and death, maybe it's about reality versus fantasy ..." (He is talking about the ending but says a lot about this author's idea for the story) He also mentioned that he likes to write Things so that they have more than one meaning or interpretation.

Far away: For example it can be a direct reference to The Unknown, and "I dipped my head ... I felt so alive" it can be him expressing the affection that Wirt feels for that place (in the comics it shows that Wirt really enjoys being there).

Me Freezing: It can be a reference to when Wirt was drowning in the frozen lake and is rescued by a fish and Beatrice, the "I open my eyes" could be an allusion to the fact that when opening the eyes the first thing that sees is To Beatrice.

Translucent: It can easily be Wirt talking about people living in the Unknown, "transparent people who appreciate what is opaque" (Wirt).

Greg song: It is a hidden symbolism in a child's game, Wirt is the bear, this is sure because it revises the blog of McHale and to promote the third comic of OTGW uploaded a single page, in it appears a bear dressed as Wirt.

"If I were a feather moving away from the wind of the wing of a bird" Wirt being separated from Beatrice.

I also want to mention that there is a very strange repetition of the subject of the birds.
>>
I don't want to sound like a shipper, but I think that these poems are symbolizing that duel between reality and fantasy (Sara vs. Beatrice), represented by "two risks" that Wirt describes with "a yes or no." And Wirt's indecision is about which of the two he wants to have a relationship with. I think that's why Wirt retracts at the end of the cartoon when he has the opportunity to start a relationship with Sara, because now that he has met Beatrice is not sure if he wants a relationship with Sara or with Beatrice, he does not reject Sara, but Not sure what he wants.

What do you think about my interpretation?
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.