[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why the FUCK does this show just randomly have episodes that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: STOP FUCKING STOP.png (693KB, 1071x664px) Image search: [Google]
STOP FUCKING STOP.png
693KB, 1071x664px
why the FUCK does this show just randomly have episodes that are so fucking sad?
they just gut punch you right in the feels out of no where, its not fair!
>>
The show is all the fanfiction of Professor Frink, Professor Frink, he makes you laugh, he makes you think.
>>
File: CONTINUITY ERROR REEEEE.png (1MB, 791x687px) Image search: [Google]
CONTINUITY ERROR REEEEE.png
1MB, 791x687px
this scene is zoidbergs mom talking to him, when its already been established that his race dies right after breeding.
wow, i sure hope someone got fired over that.
>>
I literally just walked in the door back from the animal hospital where my dog died, and this is what I see? Fuck you, OP.
>>
>>93309069
gla-havin

>>93309127
Well, the fact that Zoidberg says he has three parents always made me think some of the Decapodians would breed while others stayed celibate to care for the young. After all, there would have to be some way for their culture's knowledge and traditions to be passed on.
>>
>>93309052
emmy bait
>>
File: for-your-consideration.png (82KB, 286x312px) Image search: [Google]
for-your-consideration.png
82KB, 286x312px
>>93309052
Because that's how you do Sad.

If you just let your show be an obnoxious feels-fest in its core, it will simply become less and less effective. But if you balance things properly and develop your characters well, you can pull off even more powerful drama using the contrast as a springboard.

Obviously, balance is the key (loss.jpg)
>>
File: IMG_0198.jpg (451KB, 1508x1493px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0198.jpg
451KB, 1508x1493px
>>93309052
>right in the feels
>>
>>93309852

This. I believe it ties into the "less is more" philosophy.
>>
>>93309052
It's not sad though. Fry clone aka lars went back in time and lived frys life.
>>
>>93309052
That's what you get for hiring people with PhDs in maths and physics and then asking them to write a comedy show.

Futurama and Simpsons was never funny.
>>
>>93309052
>>93309852
Except 1)A We can't care for the characters, they're annoying idiotic comic reliefs. 1)B The art style is horrendous, the voices are annoying.
2) The musicians, directors and writers for Futurama cannot create atmosphere worth a damn, you don't feel anything. It's not touching any of your chemicals in the brain which stimulate your emotions.
>>
>>93311231
>A We can't care for the characters, they're annoying idiotic comic reliefs.
sure you can it's the sad clown method
>>
>>93309127
I thought she was his aunt or something, she even says "if you want your parents to roll over in their graves"
>>
>>93309052
I don't know which is sadder the Seymour episode or Fry finding out that his brother who "stole" his identity was actually his nephew in a way for his brother to pay tribute to him while he was still frozen.
>>
>>93312843
I don't think you can, however you can easily care for them if they're not annoying.

It doesn't work for shit like say Family Guy where everyone is just an unlikable cunt so when they make a swerve for the feels it just feels hollow.
>>93313107
Fry's dog originally.
Yancy was bittersweet in that he thought Fry was dead but in the end Fry learns Yancy did love him and he helped inspire his nephew to be a great person.
Seymour ends with Fry thinking that Seymour moved on and lived a long happy life, but in reality he never moved on and died sad and alone.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.