[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could Disney successfully adapt anything from Japanese folklore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 480.jpg (21KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
480.jpg
21KB, 480x480px
Could Disney successfully adapt anything from Japanese folklore?
>>
>>93305066
Giant tanuki testicles
>>
File: 1332840280524 (1).jpg (7KB, 234x179px) Image search: [Google]
1332840280524 (1).jpg
7KB, 234x179px
Any story worth adapting has already been done to death by the actual Japanese.

I don't doubt they'll set a story there once their well dries up enough.
>>
They can, but they'd most likely make it go through Americanized filters so it can be marketable to western audiences (their main audiences).
>>
>>93305066
Actual quality in storytelling?
>>
Big Hero Six was their experiment to see if they could grab the weeaboo crowd.
>>
That style reminds me of Okami
>>
>>93305066
Isn't most japanese folklore variations of "and then, it gets you!" Mixed in with random anuses? Disney would just remove the anuses.
>>
Disney? Nah, they rather suck off that Cars/Frozen cuck.
Dreamworks has already proven they can get the culture right with Kung Fu Panda, i mean even the Chinese say so. I doubt they will try with the Japanese though, small demo and weeaboos has ruined it's appeal to western cartoon/animation viewers.
>>
>>93309609
>Isn't most japanese folklore variations of "and then, it gets you!"
>Coming in 2019
>Disney's "The Hash Slinging Slasher"
>>
>>93309609
Nah, a lot of the older stuff goes more like
>a thing happened
>and I don't really have a proper ending to tell you
>the end
>>
Well, they made Mulan.
And Laika released Kubo recently.
It's only a matter of time until they release a movie set in glorious nippon.
>>
>>93309553
it's momotaro's art from okamiden
>>
>>93305066
They might still be sore from that time Japanese folklore killed Mickey Mouse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icVu-acHlpU
>>
>>93309743
This, they will keep trying until weaboos are the new nerd culture
>>
File: mags.png (30KB, 98x142px) Image search: [Google]
mags.png
30KB, 98x142px
>>93309806
>defeated by urashima's magic box

damn

this is so crazy, how did you find it?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.