[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are the Earth-1 books?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: C50iKDB.jpg (770KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
C50iKDB.jpg
770KB, 1988x3056px
How are the Earth-1 books?
>>
>>93300725
Underwhelming and uninspired.
>>
Wonder Woman is good

Batman is ok

Teen Titans is Lemire writing a team book

Superman is mostly bad
>>
superman sucks

batman has a good costume but sucks

wonder woman did nothing notable except for allowing grant morrison to fail at working in bondage stuff
>>
>>93300743
>>93300763
Who do I believe?
>>
>>93300743
Haven't read the WW and TT book.
Thought the Superman one was okayish.
The Batman one is a bit dumb because of the "I'm not a detective" part in the second volume.
>>
>>93300725
You will not get an objective opinion on them, they're the most divisive books i've seen. The only universally held opinion is that Superman isnt worth your time.

If you like the idea of Ultimate DC they're worth a read, but keep in mind this means some unexpected spins on characters.
>>
Batman is pretty good. If you're a Batfag, you'll probably hate it, but if you go in with an open mind, it does a lot of cool stuff that you wouldn't expect. Johns really knows how to write striking, memorable moments, and Gary Frank's art and page layouts are wonderful.

Wonder Woman isn't for everyone. It's pretty much pure, unrestrained Morrison. If you like him and, again, if you go in with an open mind as to what you think Wonder Woman should be, you'll probably like it. I liked it.

Superman is really, REALLY dumb. Earth One Supes basically what the anti-New 52 crowd thought Superbro was.

Teen Titans is what >>93300743 said.
>>
>>93300804
I really think WW was kino though for the world building, that guy is a pleb who probably didn't like it because she didn't fight anything
>>
>>93300849
>The only universally held opinion is that Superman isnt worth your time.
The other universally held opinion is that Lemire is at his worst on team books and Teen Titans Earth One is no exception.
>>
>>93300823
The first Superman is readable but it just gets worse. Not worth it. Doesn't seem like JMS really gets DC (though I liked some of his Brave and the Bold).

>>93300853
>Earth One Supes basically what the anti-New 52 crowd thought Superbro was.

Excellent way of putting it
>>
>>93300849

The 2nd Batman one was cool, and the Wonder Woman one was cool too. Teen Titans was alright if you're into sad teens.
>>
>>93300849
>>93300853
Well, why would someone read an alternate universe book if the characters weren't at least somewhat different?
>>
>>93300874
That too. Though like >>93300903 says TT has its audience.
>>
>Superman
I can't remember which one was the pretty alright one. Either vol 2 or 3.
Either way Superman Earth One is underwhelming.

>Batman
Vol 1 is okay. Vol 2 is pretty good.

>Wonder Woman
It's okay so far.

>Teen Titans
Terrible
>>
File: zod-arrives-on-earth-earth-1-2.jpg (3MB, 1988x1521px) Image search: [Google]
zod-arrives-on-earth-earth-1-2.jpg
3MB, 1988x1521px
> Batman E1 - V1
- Great Gary Frank art.
- Extremely meh.
> Batman E1 - V2
- Great Gary Frank art.
- Full on great overall, really interesting alternate take for Two Face that we hopefully will see bloom in future volumes.

> Superman E1 - V1
- Weakest of his 3 volumes.
- Good Shane Davis art.
- Clark isn't really likable & is notably more emo then the Dceu.
- Unlike the Dceu here it genuinely seems like he doesn't really care about helping people.
- Villain is cool except his face.
> Superman E1 - V2
- Good Shane Davis art.
- Cool take on Parasite.
- Clark's relationship with the prostitute is both weird & comfy at the same time.
> Superman E1 - V3
- Probably the best of the 3.
- Decent art by Adrian Syaf.
- Generic take on Zod's personality but bad ass design.
- Cool take on the Luthors.
>>
how long has it been since they announced aquaman and flash
>>
>>93300763
>Superman Sucks
I completely agree but I can't help but like them because they can actually go places that aren't possible with status quo even if most of the changes are retarded like Lois basically being Gordon And Lana actually having a chance
>>
>>93301490
Aquaman got pushed back for Manapul to do Trinity (probably wanting it to come out near the movie too) and JMS quit comics so they'll need someone new for Flash (and I guess Superman)
>>
>>93301490
July 2015.
>>
>>93301490
>>93302030
Manapul had other commitments starting with a creator owned thing and then Trinity

JMS said a few months ago DC did not reach back with him about Flash Earth One and then it was announced he had one comic project left and then he was done forever
>>
>>93300725
As opposed to everyone else here i liked superman. JMS has the best take on Perry White i have ever seen, he took his newspaper experience and brought it in. I get why people don't like it though, it's not a superhero comic. It's a slice of life of Clark comic.

Batman was ok but I'm not a batfag

WW is fantastic and has amazing sexy art. People wish more happened but i don't care about stuff i loved the character interactions.

Never read TT but as a fan of Lemire i stay away from his team books
>>
>>93301939
>>93302053
Why is JMS done comics? I mean he csn probably make better money in /tv/ but i will miss his stuff
>>
Teen Titans big problem is not only is it Lemire writing a team book, it's Lemire writing Gen 13 plus runaways with Titans Characters in their place. So if you want to read the most derivative version of TT ever it is the book for you!
>>
>>93302121
Health issue of some sort.
>>
>>93300725

Superman had two bad volumes and one semi-okay one

Batman had a first volume that was kinda bad yet still better than the Superman ones, and an okay second volume

Wonder Woman is okay

Teen Titans feels kind of just there.
>>
>>93302106
>I get why people don't like it though, it's not a superhero comic. It's a slice of life of Clark comic.

Honestly I felt the characterization was too off.

I loved the 90s Clark and Lois show and that was actually slice of life focusing on non-cape stuff until like halfway through.
>>
>>93300857
"""Kino""""
When talking about a book...
Get a fucking dictionary pleb.
>>
>>93303934
I know it means movie theater in German, but it has transcended that definition to generally mean high tier art.
>>
They're supposed to represent a more realistic view on the characters.

Keep in mind this was after Marvel's Ultimate universe where that phrase seemed to mean "I never got past my angsty teen phase", so people already had a very cynical expectation for it.

That being said, I've only read Batman and Wonder Woman.

Personally, though I get what they were going with on Batman with "how would this actually work", I wasn't too big on it. That's just a personal opinion though. Batman to me works best when it's a man fighting monsters. This just felt like a less politically-minded Green Arrow. He's ok, but you never feel he's more than just some dude fighting dudes.

Wonder Woman on the other hand decided to keep the ridiculous concepts, but apply real world politics to it. It's basically "how would we react if we found out this shit was real, and what would it mean for us". Morrison to his credit keeps it fun and doesn't make it feel too preachy.
I liked it, but I can see it nit being for everyone depending on the reader's expectations.
>>
>>93302121
going blind I believe
>>
>>93303635
>>93304298
Feel sorry for the man then.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.