[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VENOM is in MCU Amy Pascal says, Feige says otherwise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 19

File: boards.4chan.org 1497798137655.jpg (32KB, 656x343px) Image search: [Google]
boards.4chan.org 1497798137655.jpg
32KB, 656x343px
https://twitter.com/comicfade/status/876443828370255874
Amy Pascal has just confirmed 'VENOM' takes place in the 'SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING' universe!

Feiger earlier said
"But Homecoming is part of the MCU?

Feige said this
For now, there is no plan for Venom in the MCU. It’s a Sony Project.”"

either plans are changed or one is faking out
>>
>>93294191
Amy Pascal is a confirmed moron.
>>
>>93294191
How can you make eddie brock venom without eddie's rivalry with spidey and black suit spidey?

This makes no sense.
>>
Spiderman is going to ruin the MCU.

> Shoehorned into everything
> Sony fuckedthe infecting the MCU

This is not going to end well.
>>
>>93294214
how can 35 year old grown man be rival of 19 year old college boy

this makes no sense either.

atleast in raimi movies it was totally made sense
>>
>>93294191
The real question is how is Venom going to fit into the Aunt May cinematic universe
>>
>>93294214
Just have him be rival of someone else.
>>
MCU wants Spiderman they'll play ball with Sony if the movie makes money and say Venom is part of the MCU continuity too to keep him around.

Fox on the other hand can't tell Disney to fuck off loud enough. The X-Men are /never/ going home.
>>
>>93294243
>>93294257
Okay, okay. Maybe he's a mediocre photographer who loses his job because the new intern gets pictures of spiderman and he couldn't?
>>
>>93294191
Pascal BTFO
>>
>>93294191

There's actually not a lot of conflict here. Just Pascal being a weasel. Homecoming will be canon to both universes. But Venom and whatever crazy project they come up with won't be canon to the MCU.

We've seen this kind of goofy shit before. Usually out of anime I guess.
>>
File: 1496107365970.jpg (108KB, 424x584px) Image search: [Google]
1496107365970.jpg
108KB, 424x584px
>>93294191
That witch, just by saying Venom's on the MCU she knows fans will go in crowds.
>>
I don't think Amy Pascal is the brain capacity to understand what people mean when they say MCU.

In her brain MCU probably equals "marvel helped make this movie" and that's it.
>>
>>93295202
>is the brain capacity
>is
and neither are you
>>
>>93294191
How has she not been fired?
>>
>>93295403
She is a Jew but I thought even the chosen would have some limits to this level of incompetence, she is after all costing them money
>>
>>93294191
This deal with Sony isn't going to end well, is it?
>>
>>93294257
Tony Stark, of course.
>>
>>93294191
>either plans are changed or one is faking out

Is it still the MCU if it has the same Spider-Man and other Sony-owned characters played by Sony-employed actors, but no explicit MCU involvement at all?

They're both right; Pascal is just being cavalier about calling it "the MCU", because it technically won't be until and unless they make a deal on which characters/events will cross over/be referenced. This, necessarily, is going to be on a movie by movie basis. In fact unless Pascal actually said "the MCU", she's not said anything Marvel can complain about; the only way she possibly could have is if Marvel had signed a deal to co-create any and all projects in that continuity (including all sequels and spin-offs), which they've never said was the case.

All they've ever really said is case by case, see how it goes.

Feige isn't even contradicting her here.

>>93294243
>how does story work

They were always competing for the same publications originally. Brock didn't know how Parker managed it. They had a rivalry.

>>93294251
kegels

>>93294286
>The X-Men are /never/ going home.

That's literally what they said about Daredevil as late as September 2012.

>>93294214
I guess we'll find out.
>>
>>93294232
>Shoehorned into everything

Just like the comics! He's shoehorned in pretty much every major event.
>>
Sony doesn't understand what MCU means. They don't care about contradictions
>>
>>93295597
It's almost like making a deal with a retarded company for an autistic favorite was a bad idea.
>>
>>93295759
Spidey is always worth it.
>>
>>93295631
Daredevil never made them any money and doesn't encompass dozens of easily marketable characters. X-Men is money in the bank whenever they decide to make one and they know it.
>>
There are numerous things that COULD be happening here.

1. Homecoming will be canon to two separate universes but the universes won't connect.

2. Amy Pascal is a retard who doesn't understand what is happening with these films.

3. Sony is indeed strong-arming Marvel into dictation the MCU's canon. If this one is the case, Marvel has experience in ignoring a major portion of the canon with the TV side.
>>
>>93294214
>rivalry
What? This was only a thing in Raimi's film and the 90s cartoon. The former of which was a shithead suit decision.

I mean, it's pretty simple to do. Have the symbiote still be forced off Parker by parker, keep the iconic church scene, have his reasons for killing himself being him losing his job and having cancer. Additionally have Ann leave him, or die directly due to something spider-man did. You might even put her in a coma. His religious beliefs and Eddie Brock persona will be more than enough to keep the lethal protector thing going, and the hatred for Spidey could still be there. It also keeps it open for a few fights with potential of it being resolved.

It's not terribly hard to write, but it is hard to start him off as not being a villain without spidey even being in the movie.
>>
>>93294214
Member the Catwoman movie which had nothing to do with Batman or the DC universe? Same thing here. Sony are greedy pieces of shit.
>>
>>93295202
but marvel not even trying to help them with venom, that shit they would do totally alone
>>
File: DCnHW2kXkAA2DRV.jpg (9KB, 237x324px) Image search: [Google]
DCnHW2kXkAA2DRV.jpg
9KB, 237x324px
>>93295809

I think it's a bit of all 3. Pascal doesn't research the notes given to her on projects and there'll be a spiderverse that's disconnected from the MCU like the netflix shows. Got to make that hot aunt may international spy thriller solo movie while they have marisa tomei on contract
>>
Sony Spidersidecharacterverse characters can interact with MCU Spiderman, and MCU Spiderman can interact with MCU character, but Sony Spidersidecharacterverse characters can't interact with MCU characters.

Seems pretty simple if you ask me.
>>
>>93294191
Everyone's flipping out about these the "Sony-verse" not connecting to MCU, but Marvel Studios gotta approve the scripts before they go into production, right?
>>
>>93296010
I doubt Sony gave Disney the rights to hold production hostage on a whim
>>
>>93294191
Feige looks so irritated in this video.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
>>93294191
ssonys treatment of spider man universe is the most aggravating thing about this crappy studio drama

Venom is one of peters biggest bads, but they won't be related

And whose asking for a sable and Black Cat movie-that also has no spider man in it?

this statement seems more like a save face, that oh yeah, same universe not that they'd meet
>>
>>93295642
Spidey is a staple of the Marvel universe so it makes sense.

In the MCU, he's just some new kid to the party and it's clear Sony has cartoonish dollar signs in their eyes trying to get him into anything they can.
>>
>>93295966
how are they going to make R- Rated movie with spiderman in it.
if spider man is not in Venom then how is its any related to MCU
>>93295909
>>93295850
>>93295809
>>
>>93295977
but venom is R-rated and have (has to right?) spiderman , same spiderman is also on 7 year olds movie

how is that even gonna work
>>
I don't trust that stupid bitch Pascal any further than I can throw her.

It'd be nice, though. Sony can't make a cinematic universe to save their lives.
>>
>>93296213

You're expecting too much coherence from the studio that made the amazing spiderman 2
>>
>>93294191
Sometimes I think that Spider-Man's worst enemy is Sony.
>>
>>93296213
Danny Trejo's character in Machete is the same as the one he plays in Spy Kids.
>>
>>93294243
Peter was in his mid to late 20s when he met Brock.
>>
>>93294232
>> Shoehorned into everything
He's been in one movie. He'll be in one more next year.

Damn, I'm choking here.
>>
>>93294232
>introduced in a team-up movie
>appears in his own movie
>shoehorned into everything

What?
>>
>>93294191
isn't Feige the guy who fucked up the new Ghostbusters?
>>
Okay, okay, let's add two and two.

Can you have Venom without black spidersuit first?
>>
>>93294232

eh, introduced in CW, solo movie then infinity war
can't appear in the cosmic movies from this year
didn't appear in strange, assuming wont appear in black panther

not overexposed but i can see how showing up for 3 years straight can seem like it to some, he's def being positioned to help replace rdj at some point once rdjs wages start being 70% of the movies budget
>>
>>93296515
if you want real Venom

not some shallow attempt to have your own CrapCU fot dollars of mcu bucks
>>
>>93296296
Nah Spiderman is the child caught between his parent's divorce fight.
>>
>>93296499

No, the one you're thinking of is the director paul feig(who was enabled by amy pascal to try and make a ghostbusters cinematic universe)
>>
>>93296499
No. Different guy.
>>
>>93296541
>>93296552
fair enough, thanks
>>
>>93296499
No. That was Paul FEIG, and Pascal is the reason he got hired to begin with.
>>
>>93294191
It's pretty easy to see what's happening. Sony's movies can reference Homecoming, even if they aren't proper MCU movies. So, Venom will likely reference and maybe feature Homecoming's Spider-Man, but that doesn't mean Venom's events and character will pop up in the next Homecoming movie or in Avengers.
>>
>>93296592
If Sony is devious enough they can pull it off. They could potentially be like Agents of SHIELD and claim canon while not actually interacting with anyone in the MCU. Unless of course Feige decides to outright contradict something in a Marvel Studios film.
>>
>>93294191
Sony just confirmed that Pascal is criminally insane and she's going to be drown in a bucket of soapy water later today. This is confirmed on comicbookfellows dot gov.
>>
>>93296583
How do you figure this?
>>
Homecoming is like a Nexus point it overlaps both the Sony & MCU verses even though both are separate
>>
>>93294191
What I want to know is how Venom will even look like Spidey if they'll not even meet. I mean, this is just a wasted opportunity for better storytelling gone down the drain.

And what really sucks is that we can't do a thing about it. That's what pisses me off the most. Say what you will about the MCU, but they care about their audience enough to not make stupid descions like this. Hell, even the DCEU is making an ATTEMPT that, if Wonder Woman is any indicator, might fix there cinematic universe.

However, Sony is just arrogant. This listen to those they WANT to and refuse to take any other alternative approach. They're completely blind to the property they own, but because they have a whole lot of work based around it, they think they're doing a great job. It baffles me how they're not learning from their mistakes, and who comes up with these ideas. I mean, Amy Pascal isn't versed in the character enough to even KNOW who SIlver Sable is, so someone has to have told her about it. I mean, how insolent can these people be? I hope to God that one day, studios like Sony either learn or perish because this is why cinema will be going down the drain.

I guess we can all just hope that Homeoming and it's following sequels are canon, but don't affect the larger MCU dspite being a part of it. But seriously. Why make Venom before doing one of the most well-known Spider-Man stories into a movie (which, hell, if done right could even be TWO movies). Is Eddie just gonna get the symbiote out of nowhere, look similar to Spider-Man, and then be a badass anti-hero? And you just know that the symbiote won't even be from space, and it'd be a Klyntar if it were.

They're probably gonna have Eddie get fired because of Spider-Man, then stumble across the symbiote, molds it after Spidey, and then he becomes Venom. Which, by the way, is lamer than the whole black suit story with Spider-Man.

tl;dr
Who comes up with this shit and why can't we be heard about our outrage?
>>
>>93296673
Not that guy, but Paul Feig declined Ghostbusters 3 times when Pascal asked him to direct, and only accepted when she killed Ghostbusters 3 and made it a reboot.
>>
>>93296630
I think it'll end up like the netflix shows where they just pay lip service to the avengers but that's it, AoS went pretty far early on with tying into the MCU before they cut off with civil war
>>
>>93294191
The only way I can see this Venom movie working is if it takes place in the future, past any sort of origin story and it just assumes you already know what Venom's deal is. No appearance of Spidey just Venom trying to be a hero on his own.
>>
>>93294191
How will this even work without Spiderman then?

Let me give it a shot in good Sony fashion.

>Its a mecha suit that has a built in A.I thats called V:nom and the film can be about the duality of tech and humanity with the A.I constantly fighting for control as it slowly gains sentience and remembers its former iteration P:TR who it starts to hate due to conflict in programming.

>Eddie brock can be a loose cannon character that doesn't play by the rules who is a former SAS marine navy seal but over time they bond and start to meld slowly becoming a supersoldier while he struggles to keep his family together!

>Venom™
>>
>>93294191
I hope they make Eddie the gym teacher.
That way they could mix Agent Venom in there since they decided to make Flash an Indian twink.
>>
>>93296822
I'm a dope. I read Feig and thought Fiege
>>
>>93295642
Yeah and the comics now suck.
>>
>>93294191
I take Feige's word over Pascal's. That just sounds like a desperate attempt to lure the MCU crowd and assure them it's not gonna be a pile of shit.
>>
>>93294214

how people can ask these questions when every bigger cinematic universe has made way bigger changes, baffles me every time.
>>
>>93294191
Why is Amy still in business after the Sony leaks
>>
So the Sony films are going to be the equivalent of Marvel TV's shows and how they're "connected" to the MCU.

Got it.
>>
>>93296811
>if Wonder Woman is any indicator, might fix there cinematic universe.
The DCEU has only had one subpar movie so far though.
>>
>>93294191
>Pascal is fired
>Pascal is known for saying dumb shit
>Feige never confirms or agrees
>Feige looks confused or even almost panicking
>Feige has continually said these movies are not part of the MCU
>She never says it is part of the MCU, only that it is in the same universe as Homecoming

Seems to me like they'll just make it not clash with the MCU so they can say it's in the same universe, similar to the Netflix shit, while Feige and Marvel/Disney will ignore it.
>>
>>93297751
I know, I know, and that's why I still won't see Justice League, but my point is that at least there's a SIGN of change. DCEU wants to be more FUN. They're at least acknowledging a problem by knowing that people are not satisfied with their product. Whether they fix it or not wasn't my point, but that they know there is a negative response and that THEY might be at fault.

Sony hasn't. Why hasn't it?
>>
File: 1468095788851.jpg (205KB, 1394x1442px) Image search: [Google]
1468095788851.jpg
205KB, 1394x1442px
I can't imagine what it must actually be like to work in whatever division of Sony is in charge of Spider-Man.
>>
File: 1496888515573.png (177KB, 991x398px) Image search: [Google]
1496888515573.png
177KB, 991x398px
>>93298100
>>
>>93298100
My best guess is that it's unnervingly similar to 30Rock's NBC.
>>
File: 1497312707478.jpg (35KB, 453x453px) Image search: [Google]
1497312707478.jpg
35KB, 453x453px
>>93298100
>Sinister Six, potential to break 2 billion mark. This achieved by more exciting and dramatic special affects
>>
>>93298100
>>93298121
I don't understand how Marvel/Disney can have a better relationship with Sony than Fox when Sony is run by a bunch of incompetent morons.
>>
Everyone in this thread is fucking retarded. The Venom movie will have references to Homecoming (via Spider-Man most likely), however it will not have references to the MCU.
>>
>>93298121
>just a couple of rando thoughts from 35,000 LAX-JFK

Jesus christ.
>>
>>93298308
Ike is a jew who was willing to burn F4 and X-Men to the ground simply to spite Fox, but there's no way he'd do that with Spider-Man, their biggest character. I think Sony Pictures being led by incompetent morons also had something to do with the partnership, I'd bet that Amy thought she was pulling a fast one on Feige when she agreed to let them use Spidey for free.
>>
>>93298100
>tell Marvel/Disney you want 5 billion for Spider-Man
>"Kevin seems offended."

no shit
>>
>>93298100
>>93298121
Boys, I think it's time for another Sony hack. Do you think North Korea could do it again if we asked nicely?
>>
>>93298445
Guy who wrote that used to work at MTV
>>
>>93294191
Fiege looks like he just found that out while she was talking.
>>
>>93298100
I wonder what Feige was thinking during the whole negotiations.
>>
>>93298121
Cringed the whole way holy fuck

this is how art is handled
>>
>>93298413
retarded AMY says it will be referenced as well in sequels of homecoming which would be mcu films

or even saying spider man could appear in venom.

mcu wouldnt allow that because they control these characters they wouldnt let spider man in sony written non mcu movie.
>>
>>93295631

Fox has Deadpool because of the X-Men rights. If you think the X-Men are going back to Marvel anytime soon please kill yourself so you're out of the gene pool
>>
>>93294191

So it's going to look like Marvel is making 5 films a year? This can only be bad since the Sony films will stink up the brand.

Spider-Man is going to kill the MCU
>>
File: 547345.gif (689KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
547345.gif
689KB, 500x250px
>>93299263
>>
>>93294232
It's starting to look like Marvel took a bad deal. There's no way they like the fact that Sony can hurt their brand like this.
>>
>>93300114
>>93299263

Feige went into a deal that's letting Sony fuck with with Marvels image. He's a fucking idiot as well
>>
File: 100%mad.jpg (51KB, 1024x1023px) Image search: [Google]
100%mad.jpg
51KB, 1024x1023px
>>93294191
>Amy Pascal
>head behind Female Ghost Busters
>the one who hired Feige
>the one who wanted to make MLP as Smurf 3d before Hasbro told her to fuck off and she was fired from Sony
>>
File: 8cb.png (174KB, 1336x2276px) Image search: [Google]
8cb.png
174KB, 1336x2276px
>>93295809
Pretty sure its the second option. Pascal can't even write emails like a human being.
>>
>>93295631
She said "it's part of this world" referring to homecoming.

She said this right next to Feige and he said nothing
>>
>>93295631

To most movie goers it will look like the Sony movies are a part of the MCU. Same Spider-man, similar marvel logo at the start.

I can't believe Marvel went into a deal that gave Sony so much power
>>
>>93300495
Should have just sucked it up and purchased the rights so they wouldn't have to deal with Sony's ineptitude.
>>
File: download.jpg (3KB, 138x139px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3KB, 138x139px
>>93298100
>>93298121
>>93300194
god the sony email hacks was a treasure trove of cringey lulz
POST MORE
>>
>>93295966
>Got to make that hot aunt may international spy thriller solo movie while they have marisa tomei on contract

I would so watch this, honestly I'd rather see a buttkicking Marisa To-Aunt-mei than anything else they've pitched so far in the Spider-Man Cinematic Universe
>>
>>93300194
THAT WAS PASCAL???
REALLY???
Oh my GOD!!!
>>
Isn't Eddie Brock a little designated shitting street now?
>>
>>93300042
You mean Sony and their ineptitude to be clear on things. Spider-Man is just caught in the cross fire.
>>
>>93298100
>because of the leak they end up taking the deal that they didn't want to take because their PR went to shit
>Marvel clearly strong armed them into throwing all the other shit out the window including keeping Andrew
>Feige felt so bad for Amy he bargained to get her job back as part of the deal

North Korea did absolutely NOTHING wrong.
>>
This Venom movie is going to be the drizzling shits.
>>
>>93303976
>>Feige felt so bad for Amy he bargained to get her job back as part of the deal

but why
>>
>>93304046
Set to film this fall? Comes out next year? Hoo yeah, it's gonna sink.

What's even amazing are the youtube channels celebrating this and going "Maybe the first half of Venom will take place with Peter wearing the suit!" Spider-Fags are so delusional.
>>
>>93304921
They're friends, Feige consulted on all the Spidey films for Marvel and she was the producer of them all-- that was over a decade of working together.
>>
>>93303688
No Flash is. And even though monkey's paw kind of situation we're talking here, it's ok because Agent Venom is fucking terrible and I'm sure even M*rvel wouldnt risk making a poo-loo Agent Venom.
>>
>>93304921
Are Kevin and Amy.....in love?
>>
>>93296811
Answer: Corporations want money
>>
>>93305055
>They're friends

god dammit Feige, why
>>
>>93298831
We'll Trump is about to nuke them so that would be a nice parting gift.
>>
Sony are really trying to fuck up the MCU aren't they?

Those people should not be allowed anywhere near a marvel movie now, they risk having people associated the good work the MCU has done with the shitty movies of Sony, this might mean the MCU becomes less popular thanks to the idiots at Sony.

I really hope Feige puts his foot down and forces Sony to stop making any more movies.
>>
>>93305521
I legit don't think Sony understands storytelling. I think they believe the MCU is just "Make a bunch of movies, and say they tie in together, and walla, cinematic universe". Like, I would not doubt that Sony would do something like have a national landmark destroyed in their film, and when Marvel wanted to use the same landmark, they'd say "What? Consequences are supposed to happen in these films?"
>>
>>93305650

Speaking of continuity, the ending of Age of Ultron, and also Civil War made it seem like they left Avengers Tower behind for that other complex, what's the deal with them using the tower again in Spider-Man?
>>
>>93294191
>>93294200
That woman is a troll a la Milo when it comes to movies.
>>
>>93306406
I'm sure it's more Stark retreating to his other home. Also, wasn't Avengers facility full of scientists and stuff, and then the next film it's empty?

Still, I'm worried that Sony will do something with Venom, etc that would wildly contradict the MCU.
>>
>>93294214
How can someone as incompetent as Amy Pascal still have a job?
>>
>>93298100
This is very likely fake. There is no wikileaks page associated with this email and it started appearing on sites after the rest of the Sony leaks.
>>
>>93294232
>Ruin MCU
>Implying there is something left to ruin
>>
>plan own cinematic universe with spider-man properties
>everybody on the internet doesn't give a shit because it's no MCU
>"b-but it totally is MCU guys despite the guy in charge of it already confirmed that's not the case! P-Please give us attention!!!!!"
Amy Pascal is fucking pathetic.
>>
>>93295631
>all this mental gymnastics
Sony employee pls.
>>
>>93300194
>we should bring real actors to sing the songs and do the voices
VAs BTFO how will they recover?
>>
>>93306562
Because Hollywood is ran by people who don't think the stories matter in their films. Just these scientific formulas of what audiences like.
>>
>>93296630
>They could potentially be like Agents of SHIELD
A failure? yeah, that's right under Sony's alley.
>>
>>93298100
The entirety of Star Wars was sold for $4 billion.
>>
>>93294191
pascal MCU = Marvel Cpider Universe
>>
>>93308193
>failure
Cool meme, Joss!
>>
>>93307890
Spider-Man is like the golden ticket for a movie series with all of his life development, great villains, great supporting cast,etc You could carry him from 15 to 30, changing the tone as his life goes on, no problem. Have a large series of movies on a Harry Potter type level. Instead they don't put any care into properly developing his world but want to have Spider-Man movies that feature no Spider-Man
>>
Ugh, why don't they just let Marvel handle all these things and instead make their own future cyberpunk Spider-Man franchise that may or may not be in the future of the MCU?
>>
>>93300143
I think that after beating Ike at his own game, he let his hubris get the better of him. It is only now that he is realizing the magnitude of his error, and the abysmal retardedness of Sony.
>>
>>93309956
>Ugh, why don't they just let Marvel handle all these things and instead make their own future cyberpunk Spider-Man franchise that may or may not be in the future of the MCU?
Because you are confusing the needs of the company with the needs of its CEOs. Sony Pictures would be happy to earn money for years while Marvel does the work, but if this was done then the CEOs would be out of a job. People like Amy Pascal would literally be a useless parasite taking up salaries while literally losing money every year.

Thus Tom Rothman and Amy Pascal are hell bent on releasing films they can take credit for without MCU involvement, and to make themselves look good they want to steal MCU's credibility by attaching themselves to Homecoming like a leech.
>>
>>93310192
>Thus Tom Rothman and Amy Pascal are hell bent on releasing films they can take credit for without MCU involvement
Which they could do by producing a series of Spider-Man 2099 movies (or even a bunch of alternate spider-movies) and hinting that it might be set in the future of the MCU.
>>
File: IMG_9432.jpg (2MB, 2565x2966px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9432.jpg
2MB, 2565x2966px
>>93310323
Yeah, creating alternate Spider-people from alternate universes movies would be a much less stupid idea.
Heck, they are already doing that with the Animated Miles Morales movie.

Why not do more stuff like that? Make a animated cinematic universe?

If you have to do live-action, make a Spider-Gwen movie. You think feminists like Sony would be obsessed with a Spider-Gwen movie over Silver Sable. And you can create your own universe without fucking up the main Peter's one.
>>
>>93297641

Fans treat comics like its the bible. "That's not how it REALLY happened" Like, none of it REALLY happened.

>How can you do Ultron without Pym?
>How can they do Infinity War without Silver Surfer?
>How can they do Civil War without spider-mans unmasking?

blah blah bla-bla-blah....They've made GOOD changes in the past and bad changes and changes and fuck you you fucking fucks. Marvel is way better than fixing their shit in adaptations than getting it right the first time. I don't wanna apply this to sony, but you guys bitch and moan about EVERY FUCKING CHANGE, sony don't mean shit.
>>
>>93299829

Anyone who thinks X-men is going back to disney is lost. Fox makes money off those movies. Look at fox's highest grossing movies. They got x-men and avatar and....what, maybe some animated things? They need x-men, and it's working. Plug some pepsi in the background or a coke or twinkie or whatever. Its a big money maker for them.

Fantastic Four is a maybe...... I could see Fox folding on it and letting it go. Rumor is Fox cannot do a X-men/F4 shared universe without permission from marvel. So, that's not really on the table. I could see F4 going to disney, but that's still years away, like 4 or 5 more years and once it's back, it's like 3 more years for a movie. So don't even expect a MCU F4 movie till like 2024.
>>
>>93306449
>That woman is a troll a la Milo when it comes to movies.
That would imply she is aware of the stupidity of her actions.
>>
>>93310469
>animated cinematic universe

I like it
>>
>>93310469
Animated would be really nice too yeah. At least it's something different from all these live action Cinematic Universes.

I can see how Miles could fit in the MCU, so maybe don't have a live action Miles in a separate universe, in case they want to bring him to MCU, but 2099, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Girl, Noir, Punk, SP//dr, Old Man Spider, Lady Spider, etc. could all work. Not all at once of course, I'm thinking a cool 2099 series first would make the most sense, but they have so many options here.
>>
>>93305142
Don't know, man, it feels like Sony might be stupid enough to think that they could jump onto the R-rated cape movie train and push for Agent Venom.
>>
>>93294251
>The real question is how is Venom going to fit into the Aunt May
>>
>>93294191
Pascal is the woman who tried to get a 'Spider-Man Vs The Amazing Spider-Man' film off the ground where Tobey Mcguire and Andrew Garfield Spider-Men meet and get into a fight.

Not only that, she envisioned there being 3 of that damn film.

I have no idea how she holds onto that job.
>>
>>93311966
Cuz shes rich. She used to be a secretary.

Wouldnt doubt it if she banged her way to the top
>>
>>93305521
I don't like the Raimi Spidey movies, but they were very big and to this day have a cult like legion of fans and are considered some of the best comic movies to ever come out, no matter how much I disagree

Marvel has....Iron Man, a movie everyone no matter their preference can consider a benchmark comic movie, and Avengers simply for being the first true team up movie, and what else? They have movies in the double digits and most are just towing company line, "meh" stuff people only accept because of the brilliant scheme of making every movie have something to do with another, so even if a movie is shit or mediocre, it was worth it for the minutia involving the next movie or franchise

Let's stop this meme that MCU is all gold, for your sake not mine, people will come to this conclusion eventually, but no need to make an ass out of yourself in the meantime
>>
>>93312845
Gaurdians of the galaxy was stellar, winter soldier was great, and strange was good. Other than that, Thor and Captain america were okay, but that's it besides what you mentioned. It's still a lot of good movies.
>>
>>93300126
If sony does it once and it hurts their brand, I expect disney to somehow sue the shit out of them. There's stipulations to how someone uses a property, and I'm sure theres things in the fine print that say if it's a terrible disaster they get something out of it.

When this movie comes out, sells well, and is critically panned, Marvel will assume direct control.
>>
>>93312868
I would say Winter Soldier was good but not amazing, certainly one of the better movies but a lot of that IMO is due to it being a bit more similar to action movies of the 80s and 90s than it's contemporaries

Strange, no, I thought it was utter shit and Ant-Man was better. Thor was utter shit, Incredible Hulk was not great by any means or even really good but better than that hunk of shit, Cap was decent but no Iron Man, and GOTG to me is crap...I know I'm the minority with that one but I don't care, that stupid movie is everything wrong with the MCU to me in one package. Four lead characters who are all comic relief and one female lead who's as interesting as drywall, yeah not for me.

In any case....there have been what, 12...13 MCU flicks? Less than half of those movies either way were good, any other franchise would get torn to fucking shreds with that track record

Oh, and I liked Civil War I guess minus the awful last minute forced Spider-Man shit
>>
>>93294191

I think Pascal is just a fucking retard and is trying to say it's canon to only Homecoming (hoping for a cameo from Holland probably) but doesn't understand that you can't have a movie existing in two separate fucking franchises canons.
>>
>>93294232
>going to ruin the MCU
>implying it isn't already ruined
>>
>>93295966
>Got to make that hot aunt may international spy thriller solo movie while they have marisa tomei on contract
Aunt May, Agent of M.I.L.F.
>>
File: 1491311511302.jpg (43KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1491311511302.jpg
43KB, 540x960px
>>93314862
>digitially de-age marissa tomei
>to make Trouble
>>
>>93303441
She also came up with female ghost busters movie and made it the way it is. She's a Tommy Wiseau of producers.
>>
>>93314747
The fact that /co/ still isn't aware that Amy Pascal is a complete retard and anything she touches turn to shit, really make you think.

She made Ghostbusters remake and wanted to make more movies like Smurfs in a big human city but with MLP. Anytime her name appears on any movie pruduction credits is like seeing a movie directed and written by Uve Boll.
>>
>>93296100
I think that was the time the "Imagine being x" copypasta actually happened.
>>
>>93316071
And her boss is the same man who made Fant4stick happen, gave us Barakapool, and didn't allow the Deadpool movie to be made.
>>
>>93294191
Homecoming is the only mcu spider-man film after that all the spider-man films that happen in the homecoming universe just don't have anything to do with mcu. So she's kinda correct. It's a shitty deal between sony and marvel/disney.
>>
>>93294191
If the movie is good they'll say it's part of the mcu all along and if it sucks then everyone will say that it was never going to be a part of it because muh mcu is perfect
>>
>>93294191
Both are right OP is retarded

Kevin said its not part of the MCU as in "venom will never appear on avengers movie or disney/marvel movies".

Pascal said its part of the MCU just as the netflix shows are. They happen on the MCU, but they are flying on a limbo inside the MCU.
>>
Holy shit, who still cares enough about Venom that they want him to have a solo spinoff? He's literally just edgy Spider-Man. It's nothing short of a miracle that he's lasted so long after the 90s.
>>
>>93316872
Yet its the only movie with a chance of being good coming out Sony/Disney shenanigans.

Really makes me think
>>
>>93316029
>She's a Tommy Wiseau of producers.
Don't insult Tommy like that. He's a thousand times better than this bitch.
>>
>>93314928
Might be cheaper to get some young chick like Hannah Marks
>>
>>93316872
>Holy shit, who still cares enough about Venom that they want him to have a solo spinoff?

A lot of people.
>>
>>93316852
That's what a lot of people miss. Spider-Man can interact with the Sonyverse, but the Sonyverse will not interact with the MCU. Somebody described it like Spider-Man having his own corner of the world.
>>
>>93294191
Marvel has no involvement in the move. Amy is just shoe horning Venom into the MCU even without Feigers grace. She just wants people to get hyped for it.
>>
>>93300194
>Except for Rarity, they don't have much personality.

Says a lot about Amy.
>>
>>93320461

starts to get bullshit when you have Spider-Man in NYC, Daredevil and his posse in NYC, and Avengers tower in NYC but they can't interact with each other.

The DC Universe with Gotham, Metropolis, Coast City, etc would be more suited to a universe set up like this.
>>
>>93321344
Yeah, but marvel has nearly everyone cooped up in NYC.
>>
>Reminder that Sony is listened to a fucking 20 year old about the Uncharted film series and now we're getting a Young Nathan Drake film series.
>>
>>93321663
Tom is going to be rolling in money for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>93321663
>>93321958

wat
>>
File: May_Reilly_(Earth-803)_001.jpg (673KB, 1116x1616px) Image search: [Google]
May_Reilly_(Earth-803)_001.jpg
673KB, 1116x1616px
>>93295966
Steampunk spider when?
>>
>>93300194
"sins past" got adapted into show Canon?
>>
>>93296455
>>Appears in Iron Man movie

Fixed that fer ya; free of charge.
>>
>>93322097
Tom Holland is playing Nathan Drake in the Uncharted films. He convinced Sony that it would be a good idea to have a teenaged Nathan Drake.

Mind you I'm not knocking him as an actor, but you shouldn't be giving this dude this much weight behind the scenes.
>>
>>93316872
>literally just edgy
That's pretty much why.
>>
>>93310469
Sony fucked up by giving back TV animation rights to Disney. Now if this were to succeed they can't spin it off into a TV show.
>>
>>93316872
>Holy shit, who still cares enough about Venom that they want him to have a solo spinoff? He's literally just edgy Spider-Man. It's nothing short of a miracle that he's lasted so long after the 90s.
You couldn't be more casual or dunderheaded

A. Venom has been one of Marvel's most profitable characters since his inception
B. Pretty sure his book is one of the best selling Marvel books at the moment
C. 90s kids are pretty much the main demographic these companies are selling to right now, they're all adults now but in the 20s-30s age range, aka when people get nostalgic, have disposable income, and aren't ashamed to be "geeky", thus are the ones buying merchandise and investing time into this shit. Little kids and teens aren't buying comics or comic merch these days, it's people in their 20s and 30s
D. How is Venom "edgy Spider-Man" in any way whatsoever? They couldn't be more different as characters aside from the utmost superficial of things like design, you are a fucking casual, kill yourself
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
>>93310469
>Spiderman logo is in the shape of a basketball
>>
>>93326201
I thought it was a clit with a crab on it
>>
>>93322825
>He convinced Sony

Source on this? It's easy to see you're telling the truth about him playing Nathan Drake, but where was it established that the whole thing was his idea?
>>
I kind of want to see how far they can push this shit before it completely collapses.
>>
>>93316872
Venom is the second most popular character to come out of Spider-Man. Dead serious.
>>
>>93326311
I don't get it
>>
>>93326311
ARE THE CRYSTAL GEMS
>>
>>93316071
Uwe Boll at least has Rampage which isn't half-bad (sequels suck though)
She has nothing.
>>
>>93294191
I hope it's not in the MCU. They should try to keep it as far away from the MCU as possible since Homecoming looks like absolute shit. Should bring back Garfield to fight Hardy's Venom. Holland fighting him would be weird since he's like 20 years younger and sounds 30 years younger. Plus Venom is supposed to kind of be the mirror image and reverse of Spider-Man. Someone who could be his dad wouldn't work at all.
>>
>>93329269
>Garfield

Nah.
>>
>>93329380
Why? Holland is a baby and Tobey is a whiny wuss.
>>
Plot details for the "Venom" movie.

Eddie Brock is still a disgraced journalist, but rather than the Sin Eater he was duped by Cleetus Kassady, and Kassady was brought down by Detective Jean DeWolff rather then Spider-Man himself. Kassady was also a killer-for-hire for mob boss Silvio Manfredi.

Brock finds out Kassady has been moved to the privately-funded Ravencroft Institute and breaks in to investigate, as he's obsessed with getting revenge on Kassady for ruining his life. As it turns out, Kassady is being used in experiments conducted by Dr. Miles Warren to weaponize an alien symbiote that has been recovered from a crash site by their benefactor (OsCorp). Shit goes wrong, and Brock bonds with the original symbiote while Warren's "clone" bonds with Kassady.

Kassady becomes Carnage and essentially goes on a rampage, hellbent on toppling Manfredi's empire after Manfredi betrayed him. Brock grappes with the changes in his organism and a telepathlic link that allows him to sense what Carnage is up to.

Warren's assistant Ashley Kafka finds out about the whole thing. They fall in love as Ashley helps Brock overcome his issues and become Venom in order to stop Carnage while both are being hunted by both Warren and DeWolff.

Mac Gargan is featured as the leader of OsCorp's private military unit, armed with sound-based weaponry, and we also get Robbie Robertson as Brock's old editor at the Daily Goble, and Robbie Farrell as Brock's street-wise informant and friend who dies. Frankie Barrison also appears as Kassady's psycho junkie girlfriend, while Patrick Mulligan is featured as DeWolff's partner.

Spider-Man is not involved in the plot at all, but there's a passing reference to him. Just the bare minimum to establish that he might exist in that universe.
>>
>>93329763
If this was real it would be pretty GOAT. But it can't possibly exist in the MCU unless it's like ten years in the future.
>>
>>93329763
I dig it.
>>
>>93294243
Have Peter Parker outshine him career-wise despite being a teenage freelancer and have spider-man do something that further ruins his career, then have the symbiote join with him after peter rejects it.

Eddie becomes aware that Spidey and Peter are the same person, the one who ruined his life. He and the symbiotes shared hatred of Peter make his most dangerous nemesis.
>>
>>93295202
>what people mean when they say MCU

The general population, meaning those millions in North America, China, Russia, Japan, Europe, South America, etc., pretty much all think that the Webb Spider-Man was MCU, ditto for Deadpool, etc.

>>93295631

It's really pretty clear and simple:

Pascal (and Sony) are just saying that Spider-Man (meaning Tom Holland) exists in the same universe as the other Spider-Man related movies they make.
And Feige is saying that they don't exist in the MCU, meaning you aren't going to see Steve Rogers or Hulk come and help anyone take down Venom or see the Black Cat steal something from the Wakandian Embassy or some such.

>>93300224
>>93307987

Whatever else you queens are talking about is just retarded bullshit.
>>
>>93294191
Marvel never should have let Amy come on board. I still don't understand why they did. She's going to ruin everything like she did at Sony.

>>93294200
Agreed.
>>
>>93330884
Because Marvel is desperate to get Spidey.
>>
>>93330884
>come on board
read >>93330797
Sony can do whatever the fuck they want. All Marvel has to do is keep doing whatever they want while maintaining that Sony's spider-man projects are Sony's and not linked to MCU. The public had no problem lapping up X-men's timeline fuckery, this shit isn't going to matter to Marvel/Disney.
>>
File: KafkaBrock.jpg (64KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
KafkaBrock.jpg
64KB, 333x250px
>>93329763
Fuck, are they really going with this romance? Fuck Homecoming, this is my most anticipated comic book film now.
>>
>>93294191
Both are true ...

Spidey verse = bunch of movies where Sony's gonna try to cash in the "chapter" movie releases like Marvel by doing a whole lotta shit no one asked for and hoping something sticks as they likely fall over themselves.
NONE of that shit's gonna be recognized or referenced in the MCU and NONE of it will have Marvel cameos like Iron Man.

Spider Man main movies (if more than homecoming is worked on by Marvel) will how ever be a part of the MCU.

This is gonna be incredibly confusing to the gen pop, as I'm sure Mile's animated movie and Venom and Black Cat and w/e the fuck else the do is gonna have a problem big enuff for people to wonder "hey, why isn't [insert Marvel character] here helping!?!".
>>
>>93330999
It won't be as confusing as you think. All Marvel has to do is to not include Sony's projects on their charts/ press release images of their projects in the timeline/phases.
>>
File: venomree.jpg (77KB, 307x124px) Image search: [Google]
venomree.jpg
77KB, 307x124px
>>93329763
This sounds like ass
>>
Let be real here, losing Venom isnt that big of a deal. I'd gladly sacrifice Eddie for the Sinister Six
>>
>>93331200
Hey pal
SHUT THE FUCK UP
God why do people think Marvel Studios is going to do anything well anyway, they never do
>>
>>93316872
Its a "kid thinks he's sophisticated cuz he thinks le 90s character is dumb" episode.
>>
Are they going to make a Carnage movie too?
>A villain based on a spider man villain who was based as an anti-spiderman villain.
>>
>>93294191
Venom in guilty gear X was a homosexual and so is the Spider Man Venom.
>>
>>93331369
Calm your tits Eddiefag, truth is I dont see any studio doing Venom well. In fact, Venom is one of THE most overrated Spidey characters out there
>>
>>93329763
Why is Robbie at the Globe?
>>
File: eddiethesmug.jpg (106KB, 844x451px) Image search: [Google]
eddiethesmug.jpg
106KB, 844x451px
>>93331504
Eddie is the most underrated character period
>>
>>93331504
Thank you for sharing that thoughtful bit of insight. Now quietly end yourself.
>>
>>93329763
I like everything but the carnage connection of Cassiday being a hitman. The most muddled thing about Eddie is his revenge angle, and that seems to be where most of his stumbling blocks come from. I'm not happy that they're not going with the church attempted suicide angle, since that was a big character thing for Eddie. I also don't see the purpose of Mac since he can't ever by Venom if Eddie won't be anti-venom. It also wastes his detective role, but I guess they want to tie him in as Scorpion for the second film, which is meh.

I don't mind the suit coming from a crashsite, i never liked how Spidey originally got the suit so any change to that is a bonus. This does mean Spidey won't be getting his turn with it though, and DESIGNATED Flash means we're not gonna see Agent Venom.....Unless they make our Venom some horrible almagam of both, or do some other stupid shit with it.
>>
>>93313092
How the fuck do you like civil war but hate Gotg? The latter has character development, plot, a coherant and wel crafted story, with some good jokes. I'm guessing you don't like it like every other contratrian in that because it's "too memey" or "dance off bro lololo" It's literally a much better made film, especially if you want to talk about the cinematics, shots, soundtrack, etc.

Civil war is plotholes,: the movie, while at the same time they try to horribly patch up existing plot holes. The onyl thing good about that movie was black panther. He was the only one with motivation, and a character arc.

And Ant-man? You really liked that over Dr STrange? Ant man had so many pacing problems, and also suffered from Marvel cutting things with Cross to make him one dimensional. That scene where Ant man and wasp walk in and the dad awkwardly spouts plot is some of the worst shit I'vve seen in years. Not to mention the obvious hook with Ant-tony where they very clearly set him up to endear you and die. Meanwhile Strange is a very solid moive, with interesting visuals, and a solid story,
>>
>>93294191
Feige should just take it up in the ass and welcome his new Sony partners.
>>
>>93294191
She said it runs "adjunct" to it, not being directly related but not contradicting it either. They coincide. Stop being fucks you silly fucks
>>
What a stupid bitch.
>>
>>93306449
>That woman is a troll a la Milo
Who?
>>
>>93334312
Pascal.
Thread posts: 218
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.