[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What other characters would come close to Hawkman's backstory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: hawkman1.jpg (99KB, 500x718px) Image search: [Google]
hawkman1.jpg
99KB, 500x718px
What other characters would come close to Hawkman's backstory fuckery if you had to describe their history?

I nominate Scott Summers as a contender.
>>
Donna Troy
>>
>>93294145
Wonder Woman

Not memeing
>>
>>93294145
Kang
>>
>>93294189
Easy. She is either born of clay or the daughter of a god. And ultimately doesn't matter.

Next.
>>
>>93295118
You can do that to Hawkman to, but it doesn't mean he has a straightforward backstory

>He's either an alien space cop or a reincarnated Egyptian spirit.
>>
>>93295145
Or both.
>>
>>93295145
It runs deeper than that. Even his alter egos are a mishmash of different origins. It's a gordian knot.
>>
>>93294145

Donna Troy wins, hands-down.

Power Girl and Hawkman are roughly tied, both well behind Donna.

I don't think Marvel has anything close to these, because Marvel hasn't had a continuity clusterfuck like the way Crisis of the Infinite Earths was handled.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Crisis. But for the life of me I don't know how you say "lets have a series that completely rewrites our continuity" then *wing continuity for years* after the event. Mebbe flesh out some draftwork beforehand, you know?
>>
>>93295194
>I don't think Marvel has anything close to these
Ms/Captain Marvel is about as close as you can get
>>
>>93295218
Just wait for the Cap Marvel movie. It'll get even messier.
>>
>>93295194
Kang literally make no sense at all. and to fuck with everyone he had over a dozen kids and named them all Marcus....
>>
>>93295194
>I don't think Marvel has anything close to these

I'm not that familiar with Donna's backstory but... is her shit even more clusterfuck-ish than Cable's?
>>
>>93295145
>He's either an alien space cop or a reincarnated Egyptian spirit.

Reincarnation means he could have been both at different times, I really fail to see the issue. Main point is that he remembers a lot of his previous lives.
>>
>>93295405
And fights crime with a big mace. And doesn't wear a shirt.
>>
File: captain-hydra.jpg (85KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
captain-hydra.jpg
85KB, 1200x630px
Is Captain America's history gonna be as fucked up now?
>>
>>93295269
Didn't George Foreman do something like that. Does (WE WUZ) Kang have a low fat grill on the market?
>>
File: 1478725703500.jpg (11KB, 549x229px) Image search: [Google]
1478725703500.jpg
11KB, 549x229px
>>93295102
>>
>>93294145
>I nominate Scott Summers as a contender
His story is pretty straightforward without any retcons to him, on the other hand... The summers family...
>>
>>93294145
Superman
>>
>>93294145
donna troy and probably hawk&dove after that whole armageddon 2001 fiasco
>>
>>93295772
not tree’ Mobius strip
>>
>>93295102
He time-clones himself by time traveling. And Immortus is a possible future self if he lives that long. The only thing that actually upends Kang continuity is Iron Lad. Everything else makes enough sense based on Marvel's fucky time travel rules.

>>93295345
Again, straightforward outside of time travel being confusing and ill-defined in Marvel. Stryfe should've ceased to exist altogether at least half a dozen times. Cable himself has only died officially once that I can remember, and even then, I haven't read X-Men between Age Of X and what little bit of present stuff I've bothered with. I just assumed current Cable jumped to 616 from a previous "future stay" prior to his death in Second Coming.
>>
>>93295102
WE
>>
>>93297695
fuck off
>>
>>93297636
He's also a couple egyptian pharoh's and the Scarlett Centurion. There are also 2 Rivana's, one that WAS a daughter of Thanos somehow...Also is a decedent of Nathaniel Richards who is also Nathaniel Richards.
>>
>>93294145
>Scott Snmmers

WTF? Not even close. Scott's story is pretty straightforward.

Donna Troy is probably even more fucked up than Hawkman. Hawkman is just a meme at this point.

Superman and Wonder Woman also became pretty convulted.
>>
File: Picture 5.png (705KB, 628x479px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 5.png
705KB, 628x479px
>>93298373

Also Doom a little bit
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.