[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: make an SJW character and story Hard mode: make it GOOD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 4309339.jpg (106KB, 600x941px) Image search: [Google]
4309339.jpg
106KB, 600x941px
ITT: make an SJW character and story
Hard mode: make it GOOD
>>
>>93294035
Hourou Musuko meets the Yakuza games meets the Punisher.
>>
Easy. Make the story about how she wants to protect those that feel oppressed, and wanting everyone to feel accepted, then realize throughout the story that the people she's fighting want the exact same thing, and that they're very much fighting because this push for acceptance has labeled anyone who's still not really on that "open-minded" level of understanding others automatically a villain, and so they lash out and act as such.

The series could be about patience, and accepting that change takes time, and insecurities just create more insecurities in others.
>>
>>93294035
There's been six issues of this? I could have sworn I've only seen storytimes for the first two, maybe three issues. What the hell
>>
>>93294035
Set it in the past.
>>
Easy look at X Men God Loves, Man Kills
>>
If you call it a SJW story it can't be good by definition.

"Diversity" isn't the possession of the radicals.
>>
>>93294035
Define SJW.
>>
File: Green-Lanterns-7-featured.jpg (141KB, 750x423px) Image search: [Google]
Green-Lanterns-7-featured.jpg
141KB, 750x423px
>>93294035
There we are. That was easy. Two minority legacy characters who are likeable and flawed. SJW and good. Where's my prize?
>>
File: obsidian-stillgay.jpg (54KB, 576x241px) Image search: [Google]
obsidian-stillgay.jpg
54KB, 576x241px
>>93294035
The problem with trying to come up with a good SJW story here is that you're trying to come up for one that could appeal to 4chan, which is like reviving Boondocks by making it more appealing to Stormfront users.

Nobody here would really get why some queer minority writer designs their characters and settings a certain way since their mindset is totally off from your standard /co/ basement dweller.
>>
>>93294035
Technically,a character that fight to defend social justice can work (AKA not a Tumblr-esque slacktivist/keyboard warrior)
>>
Black guy with a dong like a lasso. He whips it around and BAM! Trump btfo!

"10/10" - Mark Millar
"I literally shit myself laughing so hard" - Brian Michael Bendis
>>
>>93295550
I believe that character already exists. He is called Green Arrow.
>>
straight white man is a superhero who saves people, continues to do so despite the world around him demonizing him as some sort of chauvanist or accusing him of believing in the White Man's Burden, in between demands that he still help and that he'd be even more of a piece of shit for choosing not to interfere.
>>
>>93294209
It seemingly made everyone bored/angry and stopped being storytimed after the third issue.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.