[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats you idea of the ideal Batman movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1496562744005.jpg (252KB, 938x770px) Image search: [Google]
1496562744005.jpg
252KB, 938x770px
Whats you idea of the ideal Batman movie?
>>
>>93292888
Batman in the style of black and white with German Expressionism would be interesting
>>
>>93293662
Pre-WW1 Batman set in the 1920s? Or just the style? Or both?
>>
Batman investigates his parents death, finds out they faked their murders and retired in some tax haven because they hated Gotham and were worried their effete son would grow up to be a homosexual who would trash the family name. Batman kills both of them and then himself. The end.
>>
>>93292888
Batman finds out his life is going to hell. Strange obscure things keep happening to him, mostly relating to his past. Every time he deals with these issues, there is a single note with the words, P.R.E.Tentious on it. The calling card is common with criminals something Batman knows. It is almost too easy and somewhat odd that a criminal would leave such a clue.

The clues lead him to an old building owned by a woman, Milda Orrison. She lives with her single son who has a room in the basement of the establishment. It is there Batman comes across the villain known as Pretentious. Real name Brant Orrison. In a very one sided battle Batman takes him out, calls him out for all his flaws and then proceeds to beat the living hell out of all hie henchmen who thinks Pretentious can do no wrong.

In the end Pretentious is sent to Arkham where he rocks back and forth mumbling things about Batmite being a viable plot device in a padded room.
>>
>>93294319
A Serious House on Serious Earth is still the best Batman book
>>
>>93294063
Nah, I think the expressionist crime stuff of the early 30s like M or Dragnet Girl would work better for Batman.
>>
File: The Bat (1926).gif (473KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
The Bat (1926).gif
473KB, 500x374px
>>93293662
"The Bat-Man" as a B&W Horror/Crime Drama drawing heavy emphasis from German Expressionism would have been based.

They could've either played Batman as a straight-up antagonist, terrorizing some superstitious and cowardly gangsters, picking them off one-by-one while they're held up in some abandoned warehouse or something.. Or, if they wanted to showcase one of his villains- the narrative could play them both as "monsters" from opposite sides of the law, with the GCPD and the Big Bad's reluctant mobster cronies all caught in the middle of their seemingly incomprehensible feud.
>>
A Batman movie set in the modern day with elements of both cyberpunk and art deco.
>>
No Joker. Scarecrow/Hatter team up. Whole movie is one single, patrician, surrealistic mindfuck.
>>
File: 1461898170536.jpg (20KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1461898170536.jpg
20KB, 640x480px
>>93294799
>Scarecrow/Hatter team up
How would that even work, though? I get that the Fear/Mind Control gimmicks feel like they should align somewhere at face-value, but I can't figure what their endgames would be.
>>
>>93292888
Low-Tech, 1930s or 40s Batman. Facing off against the mob, who are trying to manipulate influence over Gotham in a post-WW1 world (Or during WW2 if you go during the 40s).

Batman has the Batmobile, maybe a Bathelicopter, but otherwise not a huge amount of stuff. Bat-a-Rangs, simple grapnel gun, it's mostly a very stealthy, fighting movie. I think that could be cool.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.