[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we improve Flash and save him from mediocrity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

Nightmare mode: No killing off Barry, Wally or nuWally
>>
>>93290998
Throw Barry and Bally into Limbo.
>>
File: flashmediocrity.png (192KB, 1217x726px) Image search: [Google]
flashmediocrity.png
192KB, 1217x726px
>>93290998

> Nerf Speed Force
> Stop focusing on Speed Force
> Make Rogues relevant again
> Develop Barry's side-cast
> Give Wally his own book in Keystone, bring back his history (minus his whiny brats)
> More Silver Age lore instead of rehashing Waid/Johns
> KILL ALL EVIL SPEEDSTERS BESIDES THAWNE
> Either kill or redeem Zolomon

on top of my mind.
>>
>>93290998
Grant.Morrison.
>>
Give Wally his own book other than Titans.
Bring back Jay Garrick in full, allowing for JSA and a Flash Family series.

It's Rebirth, after all. If you're going to acknowledge New Earth again, and going to bring back elements of it while keeping "the best" of Prime Earth continuity, these two things would be the simplest ways to make everyone happy. Wally deserves to keep the character development he gained over 20 years of publication. Jay deserves to not be limited to the new Earth-2 Jay.
>>
File: 5366dde35fc328b16f858f591e813fbd.jpg (187KB, 736x1031px) Image search: [Google]
5366dde35fc328b16f858f591e813fbd.jpg
187KB, 736x1031px
>>93290998
Writer with talent and enough room to move,
Art team that either works to look consistent or rotates,
No multi-series tie-ins or event pacipitation,
Make an effort to have done-in-ones more frequently
>>
no more speed force stories ever
>>
A good writer and also this >>93291558.
>>
You can bring back Zolomon. Idk, make Thawne give Zolomon his memories from the old timeline and his OP powers. That would be a hell of a team
>>
>>93293089
>You can bring back Zolomon.

without a wally to fight? if hunter ever pops up, it will probably in the titans book.
>>
Bring back Bart, Max and Wally's family
>>
>>93290998
Good writer and artist. Bring back all the history, the half step of having Wally remember it isn't nearly enough. Wally so quickly giving up on Linda and jumping in bed with Donna shows how much that was just lip service. Fix Barry and Wally's costumes.
>>
>>93290998
>No killing off Barry, Wally or nuWally
Send Barry back into the speed force, and focus on strawberry Wally. Chocolate Wally decides to move to Africa and becomes NiggaFlash.
>>
>>93290998

>All this wallyfag butthurt

Mmm beautiful.
>>
>>93290998
Move on from Thawne and Flashpoint for more than 30 seconds.
I love Flashpoint, and I love Eobard, and we get it, they're good, but there's no need to keep hammering that same dead horse. The most recent comic I was actually excited for was the Detective Comics/Flash Watchmen short run and it was pretty bad because it was just

>hey remember flashpoint
>reverse flash is pretty cool
>here's 4 issues of that

Maybe if they stopped that and toned down the speedforce powers and went for more of a rogues themed story it might be nice for a change...
>>
>Fire Johns
>Hire some great writer and artist.
>>
>>93291121
No fuck Thawne. Send him back into the future for ten years or until the show gets cancelled
>>
>>93296560
But that happened and it's sucked ever since. Johns was super against new 52, whatever else he did erasing Wally and reseting Barry is not his fault.
>>
File: tumblr_onmrxqpyd51s15hoco2_540.jpg (45KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onmrxqpyd51s15hoco2_540.jpg
45KB, 540x304px
>>93296560
>>Fire Johns

Johns legit saved the last dignity of the franchise with DCU Rebirth, what are you talking about? Otherwise we would have been stuck with Venditti's shit.
>>
File: tree.png (32KB, 500x395px) Image search: [Google]
tree.png
32KB, 500x395px
>>93290998
BRING BACK THE FLASH FAMILY
>>
>>93296612
Current shit is his fault. He's running rebirth and is making every writer rehash his stories.
>>
>>93296668
We're now stuck with Williamson's shit.
>>
File: tumblr_ojhx0lMfae1rmyapso3_250.gif (2MB, 178x178px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojhx0lMfae1rmyapso3_250.gif
2MB, 178x178px
>>93296739
Williamson's shit is finally paying off though. It's probably the best the book has been since Dastadly Death back in 2010.

If he manages to move Godspeed away from Walmart Zoom, it'll be fine.
>>
>>93296670
Pls

Detective Comics is doing great with the Bat Family
>>
File: Flash-Karl-Kerschl.jpg (150KB, 600x515px) Image search: [Google]
Flash-Karl-Kerschl.jpg
150KB, 600x515px
>>93290998
Fixing the Flash is easy. Barry and Wally should both have a solo book to themselves. It's imperative to establish a baseline for the characters before deconstructing them and going wild, a process of which both Flashes are victims.

Barry's stories should focus on the weird science aspect of the Flash. Kooky villains and outlandish situations are the bread and butter of this book, just like in the Silver Age. Kid Flash would feature heavily in this book, possibly with Brave and the Bold-style backups. Also god damn it just drop the murdered mother angle already. Start this bold direction with Barry fixing the problem, maybe trapping Thawne in the Speed Force or something.

Wally's stories should be based more on the Speed Force lore and high-concept action with a tone closer to a Silver Surfer book. Wally should be exploring the strange and cosmic with his powers as well as dealing with a man who can make him see backwards into his own skull. Wally's supporting cast would be restored, possibly including his kids. I'm not 100% convinced on them. While the title The Speed Force seems obvious, I would resurrect one of DC's old anthology titles like Tales of the Unexpected or Adventure Comics for the title.

I think the Rebirth situation is a good one to build from, but I don't know how long Abnett's take on Wally can coast on lukewarm promises and good vibes. Williamson is the best writer to write the Flash book since before New 52, but that's not exactly a high bar.
>>
>>93297928
You say that but Rebirth Flash's overachieving plot is Black Hole weaponizing Speed Force and Barry figuring out more about Negative Speed Force.

We're still not moving away from this shit concept.
>>
File: 2349157-geoffjohns_564.jpg (96KB, 564x806px) Image search: [Google]
2349157-geoffjohns_564.jpg
96KB, 564x806px
>>93297928
>>93298086

I told you Barrry. I was going to make you beeeettttttttteeeerrrrr
>>
>>93297928
This actually sounds really cool.
>>
>>93296672
Current Flash feels for the most part rehashes of Waid's run than his. But most of all, rehashes of the tv show. It is Johns fault though because he's the one hiring the "talent" these days, giving his hack friends work just because he has a high position in the company.
>>
>>93298220
>Current Flash feels for the most part rehashes of Waid's run than his

First arc was literally Blitz: Again.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.