[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flying around the Earth to turn back time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 7809491_orig.jpg (31KB, 519x364px) Image search: [Google]
7809491_orig.jpg
31KB, 519x364px
Would you accept this is a modern Superman issue?
Say the villain was getting close to gathering the mcguffins, would you accept Jurgens writing that Superman just flew around the earth and turned back time to get the mcguffins first?
>>
>>93288086
*IN
*IN a modern Superman issue
damn it
>>
No because it's an asinine concept.
>>
>>93288086
I thought the official explanation was that he turned back time by flying very fast, and the earth going backward was just a natural consequence of time moving backward?
>>
>>93288086
It was dumb then and it's dumb now. If they hadn't used it, and someone used it in a cape movie or comic now, it would be derided by everyone.

It is funny to see it all again in the Superman II Donner cut.
>>
>>93288086

AFAIC, it's just a metaphorical representation of him traveling back through time.
>>
>>93292066
Thats not how a metaphor works.
>>
He didn't turn back time. He flew through time to time travel like he did in comics to visit the LoSH.

In modern stuff it's generally too dangerous to time travel without the time sphere or cosmic treadmill though.
>>
>>93292371
No he actually just makes the world spin in reverse to turn back the clock. he later has to fly in the oposite direction to make the earth return to its original time flow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjgsnWtBQm0
>>
I always assumed Superman was just flying so fast HE went back and time, and that was represented by the Earth's spin reversing just like the events of the scenes that replay during the flight.
>>
>>93290520

He then flies very fast at the other direction to make the earth go fowards, so no
>>
>>93290520
It was a visual tool to show time was moving backwards. He could've just flown in a straight line into space to get the same effect.

/tv/ just won't accept that because they can't be contrarian and do so.
>>
>>93294762
This. He broke the time barrier all the damn time in the silver age. He time traveled way more than he used his hear vision. Time travel used to be just another of Supermans tricks and audiences back the. Would have known it. It looks strange to modern audiences because they aren't used to Superman being that fast.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.