[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JSA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: jsofa-26.jpg (211KB, 915x465px) Image search: [Google]
jsofa-26.jpg
211KB, 915x465px
So been reading a lot of old JSA lately, up to the Goyer/Johns run, and I've really liked it thus far. Never read it as I was a Xmenfag/Marvelfag since the 80s. When I did read DC it was only the League and Teen Titans (as well as those more well know characters, especially Batman).

Just a quick question to the older DCfags. Do they always fight villains who are insanely powerful and can destroy the world? Do they ever get more into the relationships between the characters? What would you say is the best run/series or story arc?

Also, general JSA thread; who do you /co/mrades like from the roster. Any JSA roster as it seems a lot of these characters are awesome and the roster has been huge.

Personally like Wildcat. Love a character who is always getting his ass kicked but still manages to come out on top.
>>
>>93287476
You only really need to read the Johns era.

The Convergence mini was well done, but it's kind of depressing. It's also pretty much non-canon since Rebirth.
>>
>Goyer
Not allowed to like him/tolerate him here.
>>
>>93288496
I don't think anyone has fallen to the dark side quite as hard as Goyer. Not even Bendis.
>>
>>93287476
>Personally like Wildcat. Love a character who is always getting his ass kicked but still manages to come out on top.
He gets a great issue at some point in the Johns run where he faces off against a large number of villains single-handed wearing a bath towel. Not bad for a guy whose powers can be summed up as "is a heavyweight boxer who's slightly resistant to dying".
>>
>>93288930
you have to kill him 9 times in a row or else the lives regenerate
>>
Cyclone and Damage are my favorite of the new recruits in 2007
>>
>>93287476
>they always fight villains who are insanely powerful and can destroy the world? Do they ever get more into the relationships between the characters?
It's Johns. He loves to write his world ending power rangers stories
>>
>>93288718
I was making a joke. There's nothing wrong with Goyer.
>>
>>93287476
I'll give you one tip. Eventually JSA gets relaunched as Justice Society of America. Geoff Johns' last issue is Justice Society of America #24. You can stop reading after that. Really. Stop there. Don't continue. Definitely don't start reading the JSA All-Stars spinoff. It gets really bad. God-awful, horrible, Storytime of Pain-type bad.
>>
>>93291314
As a fellow JSA fan, this is incredibly true. After Star Girl's birthday, just give up all hope and read something else.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.