[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO MAKE YOU LOVE ME?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 25

File: IMG_6453.jpg (154KB, 587x1049px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6453.jpg
154KB, 587x1049px
WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO MAKE YOU LOVE ME?!
>>
>>93279414
HAVE INTERESTING STORIES THAT DON'T TAKE SIX MONTHS PER MINOR STORYLINE.
>>
Being interesting? Having your own villains?
>>
>>93279414
An honest question that i have no answer to. I don't hate him. But love is too much
>>
>>93279414
be peter
>>
Find a device that erases peter parkers memories and turns him into a qt teen girl
>>
>>93279474
but also, not peter
>>
I love you Miles, but you need a new writer.
I don't know what your dad's issue is, he used to be a readable commercial writer at the very least, now his every issue might as well be printed in the Sunday newspaper.

Speaking of which anyone have a link to this month's issue?
>>
>>93279414
Don't let Bendis write you anymore
>>
>>93279414
shoot a cop!
>>
>>93279414
Describe miles personality and how he's unique or new in any way.
protip:You can't
>>
>>93279414
Make up your own hero name, I dont give a fuck what it is, and stop spamming venomblast
>>
>>93279414
Hey man, I liked you just fine in the Ultimate Universe. It's coming over to 616 where the whole thing went to shit.
>>
>>93279414
Don't be written by Bendis.

I like you, but you really not living up to the Spider-Man name.
>>
>>93279414
Kill the other legacy characters.

Then we're cool.
>>
BE WHITE
ITS NOT HARD
>>
>>93279414
Don't be black
>>
>>93279414
Be a good character and get rid of the bullshit "I win" power, or at the very least limit it somehow
>>
>>93279414
Skimpier costume.
>>
>>93279414
It's too late for us Miles.

The Bendisrium has already taken hold.
>>
Here. Eat these eggs.
>>
>>93279414
Get a personality beyond "Black Spider-Man".

Have Bendis stop writing you.

Mods pls nerf Venom Sting, too OP

Post pics of your mom.

Miles is just awash with all the other superfluous members of the Spider Family no one cares about, he serves no purpose and he doesn't have anything to really distinguish him beyond his skin color or his abilities. Maybe if you partnered him up with Peter as a Batman and Robin style mentor/pupil thing and gave him someone to bounce off of apart from Ganke he wouldn't be so bland. I don't want to hate him but there's just fucking nothing there. He's basically just Batwing except with editorial push and without an interesting setting.
>>
>>93279610
F
>>
>>93279512
>I love you Miles
PLEASE be the first person to give me a valid reason why in God's name you "love" Miles. And DON'T use the words "potential" and "costume".
>>
>>93279414
I like Peter Parker. I wouldn't mind reading Black Peter Parker if Bendis wasn't an awful writer
>>
>>93279414

I hate him but if Marvel gave me the task do you know what I'd do?

I'd make Mile's Venom. Give him the symbiotic for a while, let him take that walk on the wild, dark side and see why Peter got rid of it. But Mile's thinks he can tame and use Venom or something.
>>
>>93279414
New here. Why is he bad? I mean I know a black Spider-Man is marvel shittery but in specific terms why is he bad?
>>
File: bullshit.png (4MB, 1988x1156px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.png
4MB, 1988x1156px
>>93279741
>No original villains
>op venomblast makes him auto win each fight
>no real personality
also pic related is another reason why
>>
>>93279808
>op venomblast makes him auto win each fight
He lost to fucking Hammerhead. TWICE!
>>
>>93279741
The biggest crime for a cape:
Be absolutely boring.

And being boring while shoved in as many crossovers as possible makes it worse.
>>
>>93279663

I miss the days when Spider-Man fans talked about "Miles" and you could know with 100% certainty that they were talking about the Jackal.
>>
>>93279835
After he beat Blackheart? I want to see pics
>>
>>93279835
Does that automatically wipe away all his other bullshit victories?

Look at this panel >>93279808
LOOK AT IT.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (51KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
51KB, 1920x1080px
>>93279808
Nerf venom blast reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
File: 1497749136006.jpg (454KB, 587x1049px) Image search: [Google]
1497749136006.jpg
454KB, 587x1049px
>>93279414
this would be a start
>>
>>93279414
Die, seems like a good start
>>
Grant Morrison writing Miles when?
>>
>>93279941
Give him vitiligo?
>>
>>93279910
To be fair, Peter had no fucking clue he could do that. He thought Miles was an alternate version of himself at first.
>>
>>93279610
So how is Riri selling, some people told me her book was dead on arrival is this truth?
>>
>>93279615
Don't forget to actually make use of the fact he is supposed to be half-latin ro whatever it is he is supposed to be, which is all drowned out in IM BLACK, this shit is why i hate "twofers" they pretty much always have one side basically "marginalize" the other to the point it might as well not exist, ain't that ironic?

That said, i stopped reading Miles shit after they killed off his mom, so i guess im outdated, but that's my penny about him.
>>
>>93279414
Loose the OHKO venom shit

get a personality
>>
>>93279808
Oh dear god. I understand now. I understand why we must purge Marvel. ITS LIKE CAPE FAIRY TAIL! HE JUST ERZA SCARLET'D SPIDEY!
>>
>>93279663
Because he is a super hero with a nuclear family that loves him and cares about him which I honestly don't see that often outside of he and Kamala. He has a nerdy best friend that isn't gay and isn't a super villain or has super villain parents. He's more of an everyman than Peter ever was, but his downfall is that Bendis made him TOO vanilla.
If every issue reinforced the idea we got a couple issues ago about how Miles is scared he'll turn into a bad person like his Uncle and like his dad used to be then we'd be in a much better place-- but Aaron's death is oddly enough where Bendis lost sight of character development for Miles and went with fictional nods of approval instead.

He's wet behind the ears which makes him more fun to read than any of the other Spider-Characters because cross over interactions are fresh, him fucking up is more believable, and seeing Peter's rogue's gallery through his eyes is basically an easy way to reinvent characters that aren't important enough to be dealt with by Parker.
>>
>>93279835

>He lost to fucking Hammerhead. TWICE!

How!?
>>
>>93279986
Was this back when Peter lost his spider-sense? Because if it wasn't then him not dodging that sting is inexcusable, even for a retard like Bendis.

>>93280001
His mom's alive again, also his Dad isn't a total cunt. That's about it.
>>
>>93279414
>WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO MAKE YOU LOVE ME?!

not be a nigger
>>
>>93280067
No, Spider-Man happened after he got it back. This was around the same period as Avengers vs X-Men took place, either before or after it.
>>
>>93280053
Probably the same way he got his ass handed to him by Black Cat. He's a newfag.
>>
Knock up Gwen and start a family. A cute family.
>>
>>93280098
Black Cat >>> Blackheart
>>
should miles transition into a new identity? his own name/costume? remain a spider-man associate?

tarantula? aracnid? recluse? what would your name be?
>>
>>93280139
Spider-Boy or Kid Arachnid
>>
>>93280097
BENDISSSSSSSS
>>
>>93280047
>tl dr He got a family and a nerd friend so I like him
Are you serious nigga?There is a lot of heroes like that and that's not even describing the character himself
>>
>>93280139
If I got spider powers id just call myself Arachnid-bro
>>
>>93280047
The uncle shouldn't have died. He could've been Miles' own Norman counterpart as one of the few original villains the kid had.
>>93280138
Spider-Gwen and Miles as a couple creeps me out. Gwen's an adult in her early 20s or so and Miles is just 16ish now.
>>93280162
As much as I'd love Miles to have his own name, Kid Arachnid sounds fucking horrible.
>>
>>93280139
He-Silk
>>
>>93280139
He will probably not though, There is like 4 flashes and green laterns around earth in DC.
>>
>>93279414
Cuck Peter and become an objectivist.
>>
File: Fuckboi.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Fuckboi.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
MILES BTFO!!!
>>
>>93280188
Blue Beetle hits most of the same notes Miles does on paper and Jaime's thirty times the character Miles is. He also had one good run, which is one fucking good run more than Miles has to his name.
>>
>>93280316
Blue Beetle is closer to Sam Alexander than Miles
>>
>>93280139
Yeah. The thing is that Miles became Spiderman after Peter died, so calling himself Spiderman was fine.
But as others have pointed out, there's too many damn Spider-characters running around to begin with, and Miles has basically lost his reason to wear the mantle.
The problem is that Miles has nothing going for him past being Black Spiderman. And Bendis knows it. If he became Black Tarantula or Arachnakid or whatever then whatever sales he has evaporate.
>>
Be literally anything else. Your character is practically nonexistent and amplified in annoyance by how much other characters praise you. You have no villains, your venom blast is OP bullshit, and you're BORING! Christ, become a villain, permanently mutate into a spider monster, ANYTHING!
>>
>>93280334
Good point.
>>
>>93280139
Scorpion
>>
>>93280284
>that midsection
>>
>>93280344
>Black Spiderman

Make that his codename. Making sure that he spells it "Spiderman" not "Spider-Man".
>>
>>93280284
And he didn't used the venom blast why...?
>>
>>93280139
Black Widower. Get training from Natasha to do spy stuff where he can put this stealth to actual use.
>>
>>93279414
act more like young Joseph Joestar, if you're gonna keep using electric hamon
>>
I liked that issue where he got pissed at people praising him for being "Black Spider-Man" because it's different from usual Marvel. Even if it's dumb that he hates being "Black Spider-Man" when he made his fucking suit black.
>>
>>93280480
So Bendis can make it all dramatic when he suddenly remembers to use it next issue I bet
>>
>>93280480
He either ran out of mana, or it has a cooldown. They need to patch that shit
>>
File: 2ZDIKlk.gif (2MB, 500x261px) Image search: [Google]
2ZDIKlk.gif
2MB, 500x261px
>>93279414
I know it's pretty baby, but I didn't take it out for the air.
>>
>>93280139
Stinger.
>>
>>93279414
>WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO MAKE YOU LOVE ME?!
>>93279534
>Make up your own hero name, I dont give a fuck what it is, and stop spamming venomblast
This.

For as long as Miles kept calling himself Spider-man, he would never be his own man. Just as no one would really accept a Batman not helmed by Bruce Wayne.

Yes, he was Spider-man in his own universe, but he isn't in his own universe anymore and he has to accept that. It's like being a small time restaurant that shared a name with a much larger franchise. That small time restaurant will be better off changing its name to something else.

Trying to dethrone Peter Parker is a futile battle.
>>
He should be called Bullet Ant
>>
>>93279576
The spider-man in homecoming is basically white Miles, so does that make it up?
>>
Tone down the insta win sting I'm not oppose to him having some paralyzing gimmick to go with his stealth but then just make him physically weaker then all of the spider-people
get him out of new york let him join up with shield and work as a spy he's built for that shit
stop having him take his mask off every other issue
>>
>>93280648
Scott Lang's daughter is Stinger.
>>
>>93280684
>Peter
>White Miles
Theres that meme again. Miles doesnt have a character to imitate.
>>
>>93280652
Bendis actually tried to get Peter killed in Civil War 2 for Miles to be the one true Spider-Man before Dan Slott told him to fuck off.
>>93280739
I can see it with the new versions of the characters. They turned Flash from the dude who would bully Peter into Ganke from Miles' comics.
>>
>>93279414
Just be yourself man and stop trying to be Peter. You should drop the Spider-Man moniker and come up with your own name, perhaps leave NYC for a different urban metropolis, get your own villains, find your own way man.
>>
>>93280739
But that's what the Peter in homecoming is basically doing. He's imitating Miles.
>>
>>93280710
Spider-Stinger?

I'd suggest calling him Red-back because he's venomous and his costume, but he's half Hispanic...
>>
File: Saitama anime smiling OPM.jpg (78KB, 503x503px) Image search: [Google]
Saitama anime smiling OPM.jpg
78KB, 503x503px
I want pic related to punch Miles
>>
>>93280782
>They turned Flash from the dude who would bully Peter into Ganke from Miles' comics.
Not liking a movie doesn't mean you can completely lie about it
>>
>>93280782
How sad is it that Bendis has become so shit, we should be thankful to Slott of all people for stopping him.
>>
>>93280844
Am I wrong about Flash?
>>
>>93279414
Change your name.
>>
>>93280893
Yes.
>>
>>93280788
Poor bait, go home Bendis, no one will ever see Miles as Spider Man
>>
>>93280893
They turned Ned Leeds into Ganke, not Flash
>>
Be white.
>>
>>93279996
31k in April. Not amazing but it is outselling Dr. Doom Iron Main by a little bit.
>>
>>93280893
Ned Leeds is the fat guy who is not!Ganke
Flash is still Peter's bully, but he's been shifted from a football jock bully to an honor role teacher's pet bully, since a dumb jock going to a school for the gifted would be just plain weird
>>
>>93279414
How about you become venom?

>"some 4dimensional faggots hate meeeee"
>venom senses his hates and bonds perfectly
>>
File: 1487335782287.gif (2MB, 500x222px) Image search: [Google]
1487335782287.gif
2MB, 500x222px
>>93280923
They will when I'm through with him!
>>
>>93281011
Oh, thanks for the info. I thought they changed Flash to make some dumb "Bullying someone with nerdy interests doesn't exist anymore. That stuff is cool now" statement. Had an argument about that with a friend who went on about TASM having "perfect" characterization for Peter.
>>
File: tumblr_nvvbpotunQ1r4w246o6_1280.jpg (71KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvvbpotunQ1r4w246o6_1280.jpg
71KB, 500x493px
>>93279414
Get a new writer. I've enjoyed what I've read of Miles' initial Ultimate Comics run, but the current series doesn't really appeal to me.

Somehow merge the MC2 universe with the main one, so we have Peter as either head of Parker Industries or a forensics scientist again, with Mayday back as Spider-Girl and Miles as the only Spider-Man. Have Kaine and Peter mentor them.
>>
>>93279414
Grow the fuck up.
>>
File: 1497628569453.jpg (53KB, 458x669px) Image search: [Google]
1497628569453.jpg
53KB, 458x669px
>>93279414
Have them Re-write you as a chick with a THICC booty.
>>
>>93281028
I'd be okay with Miles as Venom.
He has to deal with his teenage anger issues, deal with stereotypes as the angry black youth, and is still known as the Black Spider-Man.
Also, they could have a lot of fun with the symbiote not meshing with him well, and purposely trying to screw him up.
>>
File: FUCK.jpg (627KB, 1869x525px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.jpg
627KB, 1869x525px
>>93279414

>Peter struggles with his ever growing huilt about everything and desperation to do the right thing only to fuck up royally and add to his guilt in a vicious cycle
>Ben and Kaine lived with an identity crisis and inferiority complex to their original, plus Kaine's really messed up actions
>Miguel is a colossal asshole and snob who gets humbled big time and becomes a defender of the people living in a literall hellhole full of Mad Max type cultists and as he grows as a person he looks back with growing shame at the piece of shit he was
>If we count Venom as a pseudo-spiders then Brock is an huge mess of a person with mental problems and a victim/messiah complex added to a toxic relationship with the symbiote; and Flash has to deal with a crippling anxiety over his awful childhood and life mistakes, while resisting the temptation of both the symbiote's power and alcohol's numbness.

TELL ME MILES. TELL ME WHY SHOULD I CARE ABOUT YOU?

YOU'RE JUST LIVING AS A MILLENIAL KID COMPLAINING ABOUT BEING CALLED BLACK SPIDER-MAN AND HATING ADULTS. WHAT REAL PROBLEMS DO YOU FUCKING HAVE? YOUR MOM GOT MAD AT YOU FOR A BIT? YOUR SASSY GRANDMA IS KEEPING YOU DOWN? YOU WANT TO FUCK SPIDER-GWEN?

I CAN'T ENJOY YOUR GROWTH AS YOU LEARN FROM THE VETERANS BECAUSE YOU AND YOUR TEAM OF OTHER TEENS THINK YOU'VE GOT IT ALL FIGURED OUT AND TOLD THE ADULTS TO FUCK OFF.

I CAN'T EVEN HAVE FUN ROOTING FOR YOU IN FIGHTS BECAUSE NO MATTER WHAT YOU'LL EVENTUALLY VENOM BLAST A WIN OUT OF YOUR ASS WITH NO REAL STRUGGLE.

I CAN''T EVEN FIND YOU FUNNY BECAUSE YOU'RE A SOULESS STRAIGHTMAN WHO COULD BE REPLACED BY LITERALLY ANYONE.

TELL ME HOW CAN I WNJOY YOU, BECAUSE YOU'R PROBABLY NOT GOING ANYWHERE ANYTIME SOON.

...And, at the very least, get a damn rogue gallery.
>>
>>93281136
We need more bantz between peter and miles its such a joy to read
>>
>>93279808
>Oh your suit is sooooo much cooler than mine OW OW OW damn you so strong

Bendis needs a venom blast up his ass.
>>
>>93281390
Lmao niggered
>>
Who is this bendis guy anyway? A shitty writer?
>>
>>93281445
He's like the Zack snyder from comics, while Zack fuck superhero movies Bendis fuck superhero comics
>>
>>93279414
have an origin that isnt a blatant re-tread of peters.
have a powerset that isn't just peters +1.
>>
>>93281391
They should have Miles as a straight man to Peter and his rogue's goofiness.
>>
>>93281524
you're asking bendis to have original thoughts. impossible.
>>
>>93280347
Here's what i would do:

He is Spider-Man, but weaker, not better, he still got the barely used "Stealth" and Venom Blast, but the later is downgraded to just making the opponent more sluggish and more of a unnoticable poke that isn't even felt, In all other regards he is a downgrade from peter, not as strong, not as agile, not as smart. and he knows this, so he plays it safely, since he lives in New York ,a place already over-saturated in heroes, he becomes a "Hero of Heroes", he seeks out and gives a small edge to other Heroes (And ploice officer) who are at the brink of losing by teaming up with them and effectively developing Leadership qualities and social skills as it goes, he will avoid solo encounters whenever possible and generally seen as a "coward" by those who have not personally been saved by him.

As Miles he no longer is attending prestigious school at a scholarship, but simply a average one, he isn't a genious, but he is good at Enhlish and is reporter for the school newspaper (Foils nicely to Peter, a photiographer.) and he is unpopular since he used his powers to excel at sports before his HERO MOMENT, and then quit when he felt he was cheating which angered the other students who saw him as abandoning his team, the school newspaper receives pressure due him being a member, this also plays into how he feels like a "fraud" Spider-man, His parents still want him to attend a prestigious school and have arguments about him throwing away his sports future, with his mom supporting his decision and his dad no citing how he had to claw up to be where they are and that Miles is throwing away a easy opportunity for no reason but "It isn't fun anymore" as far as they know, he uses his HOT SCOOP skills to find people in trouble.

To be continued:
>>
>>93281727
Continuation.

As the story moves on he meets heroes his age and convert teen "villains" and develop a social circle with them, but his own private life steadily declines ans his parents fights intensify

End result? he runs away, coinciding with starting a Team with Kamala and he goes full-time manager due not only being repected, but his investigative skills helping him find brewing trouble, and there is a a bit of a GO THROUGH US from his team when the Avengers realize what he done, and eventually he cools down enough to return home at the end of that book and "come out" to his parents.

Sorry bout the AUTISMO Diarrhea.
>>
>>93281727
>>93281786

Sounds interesting enough, but if he feels like a fraud Spider-Man in this version then why name himself Spider-Man? I assume we'd be dealing with a namechange as well, no?
>>
File: the fuck....jpg (115KB, 684x504px) Image search: [Google]
the fuck....jpg
115KB, 684x504px
>>93279414
Miles thread bingo

>Venom blast
>Why do you like him?
>I hate him, I don't want people write about him
>Why are you racist?
>He LITERALLY black peter
>/pol/ shit
>bendis
>>
>>93281936

Why change his name? There is plenty of heroes with the same name.

Captain america
Superman
Green lanterns
Nova
Robin

>>93282110
>He should get a new name.
>>
>>93282110
Are you saying Bendis is writing the charcter fine?
>>
>>93282194
There's normally only one Robin at a time, same with Superman and Captain America. Green Lanterns and Novas are part of intergalactic organizations. It's not completely the same.
>>
Be a cute latina
>>
File: Reigns1.jpg (318KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Reigns1.jpg
318KB, 2048x1536px
>>93279414
TURN HEEL
>>
>>93282194
>Why change his name? There is plenty of heroes with the same name.
All the other examples are of people who worked together. Miles is entirely separate from Peter and adamantly refuse to be associated with Peter Parker. This causes problems because you can't both reject the original name holder and yet insisting on sharing the same name. Robins worked inder the same master, Novas are Novas, Lanterns have their own organisation, and all the Captain Americas are associates with each other.

(Don't know about Superman, that's a mess.)

Miles can either get to be his own existence with a changed name, or stop trying deny his status as the "2nd spiderman".

I would rather Mile change his name because Peter isn't the type to want to form Spider Gangs. He already has his hands full with Spider ladies, as he puts it.
>>
>>93280808

i want miles to adopt a personality like Saitama.
>>
>>93280966
What issue was it in April, and how bad is the reader attrition?
>>
>>93282248
>There's normally only one Robin at a time, same with Superman and Captain America. Green Lanterns and Novas are part of intergalactic organizations. It's not completely the same.

Isn't there a spider-team that jumping through universes?
>>
>>93282110
>write 7 different complaints
>imply that his "haters" are "predictable"
>>
>>93282548

It is getting predictable.
>>
>>93281727
>>93281786
This is a pretty good idea.
>>
>>93281136
>Miles as the only Spider-Man
FUCK YOU
>>
I liked him in Ms. Marvel. His personality was very competitive and leaning towards his science bona-fides.
>>
>>93282518
How many of those are 616's Spider-Man? I can tell you it's none of them
>>
>>93281936
The easy ways would be to introduce him when Peter is "dead" and give him the same reason for trying to carry on the name or simply just trying to prevent people from realizing Spider-man is dead (Actually off into space for a crisis crossover or whatever.), have him live in a neighborhood that was positively influenced by Spidey, his decision to take on the suit being when he saw it starting to "Snapback" into crime because "It ain't like Spider-Man is here to top us", so he actually is "frauding", as his behaviour makes it clear it isn't people start to call him out as the books progress.

Eventually Peter later gives his blessing when he gets back because he figures that having another Spider-Man will make it less noticeable when he is unavailable, think "Hawkeyes" cause let's face it, Marvel would never allow a rename since Miles would never exist if itw asn't for teh fact they wanted BLACK SPIDERMAN headlines, getting that "official" recognition would be what makes him start to get over his fraud issues, but at that point his "Real Life" should been wrecked which is one of the leads of him deciding to go full time Spider-Man, at that point being Spider-Man simply feels better for him then being Miles, because he has friends and what he perceives as a more supporting father figure, obviously his real Dad cares more about him then peter does but y'know DUMB TEENAGERS.

Its a arc, He starts off as not nerdy,but not a jock either, Uses his powers to get popular while doing zip all Hero stuff, gets GREAT RESPONSIBILITY and his real life declines as his hero life ascends, right up until he hit a breaking point and goes full hero to escape his life, before getting the courage to try being Miles again, "Am i REALLY good enough to be Spider-Man?">"Im better at being Spider-Man then being Miles.">"My life is shit, but i should still try to be Miles for the people who need Miles rather then Spider-Man."
>>
>>93282742
>How many of those are 616's Spider-Man? I can tell you it's none of them

Technically, Miles isn't 616.
>>
>>93282730
Yea that's a dead bird. Mainly because Miles hasn't really earned it.
>>
>>93282808
He is now though.
>>
>>93282289
Are you suggesting a princess Marco situation? h-haha
>>
>>93279414

Well Miles, you have to be actually interesting in order to be liked.
>>
>>93282366
>All the other examples are of people who worked together. Miles is entirely separate from Peter and adamantly refuse to be associated with Peter Parker. This causes problems because you can't both reject the original name holder and yet insisting on sharing the same name. Robins worked inder the same master, Novas are Novas, Lanterns have their own organisation, and all the Captain Americas are associates with each other.

I wouldn't call that, there could be a character development between those two. It is like tim drake/damian wayne/dick thing. They just want their own time.
>>
>>93279414
Stop being written by Bendis and/or Waid.

Fuck, man, let Joe Kelly write you.
>>
>>93279455
THIS
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 638x261px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 638x261px
>>93281136
This. This is really good. Peter had his time. Let the kids take over
>>
>>93282999
>I wouldn't call that, there could be a character development between those two. It is like tim drake/damian wayne/dick thing. They just want their own time.
You are speaking hypotheticals. But hypotheticals goes nowhere. Miles is either part of Peter Parker's circle or he isn't. Pick one or the other.

And Nightwing would never take up the Batman name unless Bruce dies, and he will give that name back as soon as Bruce is back again. This is because Nightwing RESPECTS Batman. Miles is stuck insisting that he is not a copy, when metaphorically he totally is. It isn't fooling anyone.
>>
>>93282921
Mmm. Trappy Miles. Bottom Boy. Yea there could be something to that.
>>
>>93280206
>Spider-Gwen and Miles as a couple creeps me out. Gwen's an adult in her early 20s or so and Miles is just 16ish now.

No, that version of Gwen is still in high-school. I think she's a couple years older than Miles, max.

It's still creepy as hell and was painfully obviously done as a wrongheaded attempt to put Miles over with the fans.

"Hey Spider-Bros! You know how you sometimes recreationally fantasize about making out with Gwen Stacy? Well know this lil spud MILES is gonna do it! Dontcha just love 'im?"

Honestly I really liked him in the Ultimate universe. I was shocked as hell to like it, but I did. Thought it was going to be a gimmick but it seemed to spark the return of Good Bendis. But Bendis just declined again after that, so much, that everything he touches now is terrible.

He's written like 65 or so issues of Miles so far. It's 70% tedious circular overblown conversations with his supporting cast. There are no great stories and everytime tension is built (Bad Uncle! Mom's dying! Dad knows? Mom knows?) it's resolved way to quickly and put to bed.

I feel like Miles started out with a personality and then slowly lost it. I don't know who he is or what he thinks anymore. He's always just vaguely conflicted about the latest disposable concern, while his supporting cast tells him not to be, always.
>>
>>93283412
>No, that version of Gwen is still in high-school
She literally talks about going to college in her own book
>>
>>93283491
Gwen Stacy: Spider-Pedo
>>
>>93279414
Get your own name, own costume, own city, own villains and stop appearing in crossovers until you established yourself.
>>
>>93279968
the post-morrison bendis rage-retcon would be hilarious
>>
>>93283558
This is good advice for most characters, not just Miles.
>>
>>93279414
give him another solo book and put him on another team, and more guest spots. That will get people to like him. Also make young jean grey his girlfriend, everyone loves young Jean Grey right guys?
>>
>>93283550
Hey man it's just ephebophilia, that's basically legal in some countries.
>>
>>93283231
>And Nightwing would never take up the Batman name unless Bruce dies, and he will give that name back as soon as Bruce is back again. This is because Nightwing RESPECTS Batman. Miles is stuck insisting that he is not a copy, when metaphorically he totally is. It isn't fooling anyone.

Actually, He was suppose to be batman of gotham. While bruce become a international batman.

>You are speaking hypotheticals. But hypotheticals goes nowhere. Miles is either part of Peter Parker's circle or he isn't. Pick one or the other.

Well, Miles choose to be better spider-man of new york than peter parker. I will doubt that miles hate peter forever.
>>
>>93283628
>Also make young Jean Grey his boyfriend
Now there's a better story for you.
>>93283681
It's still funny to imagine she is pedophile
>>
>>93280529

That was a good panel, but it turned into just a random Bendis moment and didn't contribute to any sort of lasting characterization.

>>93280684

No, I don't think Miles has ever had the annoyingly quippy personality that Tom Holland's character will probably have. Miles has never really been obnoxious.

He hasn't really been much of anything really, for quite a while. He's getting so boring that he's almost down to Riri levels of non-personality.
>>
Kill Bendis Miles it's the only way.
>>
>>93280139
Spider-Boy but with a certain inflection.
>>
>>93283412
>No, that version of Gwen is still in high-school.

Did you even read the words in the comics or do you look at pictures? They make it very clear she's in college in her first appearance.
>>
File: 1465168215719.jpg (55KB, 276x245px) Image search: [Google]
1465168215719.jpg
55KB, 276x245px
>>93279414
Give Kaine your spotlight and I'll fucking love you forever

I WANT THAT NEW SCARLET SPIDER SERIES NOW, MARVEL
>>
>>93288012
She's like Squirrel Girl where Marvel markets her as younger than she is and her first appearance did show off her high school.
>>
>>93281136
This isn't an edit then? Fucking hell
>>
>>93288301
An Ultimate burger from the Ultimate Universe.
>>
File: dobson.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
dobson.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>93279531
hes black spiderman
>>
>>93288375
Honestly Peter's blacker than Miles
>>
>>93279414
You are a character that worked on a very specific contest.
Since your author did not adapt the context and instead decided to go the most obvious and ham fisted way of having your character on 616, you will forever be "the black latino spider-man that bendis keeps pushing over other more beloved Spider-family related characters".

Also fuck you, get a new name. It's the most lame and shitty thing for you to have the exact same name of another hero, no matter how much in universe this is a thing Peter accepted or whatever. It's confusing and downright insulting to think you as one as equal as a storied and popular culture icon that is the original Spider-man.
>>
>>93279414
Get rid of the venom blast and stop being so dang decompressed.
>>
File: 1464232336654.jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1464232336654.jpg
12KB, 250x250px
>>93279414

Stop calling yourself Spiderman, leave NY (Maybe even the U.S.) and never come back, after that have adventures on your own with your own galery of rouges, have a character arc and personality beyond black spiderman
>>
>>93280139
What about Araña? Since Anya now have taken Spider-Girl's name.
>>
>>93288766
Anya was such a wasted character
>>
I'd love Miles forever if he took his own identity and fucked off from all Spider-Man related media for good.
>>
>>93282366
>(Don't know about Superman, that's a mess.)
There is Superman, and there is the Super-Man of China. His name is Kenan Kong.

Not that complicated, family.
>>
File: get-in-the-fucking-robot.jpg (35KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
get-in-the-fucking-robot.jpg
35KB, 500x324px
>>93279414
Just get in the fucking robot already.
>>
>>93288403
>Honestly Peter's blacker than Miles
Fucking this. Peter probably racked up a good amount of street cred that trounces Miles.
>>
Stop calling yourself Spider Man.
>>
>>93288259
>and her first appearance did show off her high school.

They showed her band performing at a high school, then later showed a conversation between her and her dad where they say she's in college. The only time they showed her actually in high school was that flashback. Actually you know what? This is a fucking storytelling problem the comic has, more than anything. So I can't really blame readers for it.
>>
>>93279481
Isn't there a Spidergirl who's basically that already?
>>
>>93281230
agreed
>>
I just realized something that just made me think of how screwed up writing and characterization is at Marvel. That stupid scene Slott recently made where Spider-Man's acting all concerned he might be racist because he's beating up Asian gangsters? That would've made more sense with Miles. I mean, it'd still be a stupid attempt at a "joke" and never should've been used, but when you consider Miles:

-is young and starting to gain experience
-stayed mostly in New York until joining the Champions
-Is part of the Champions
-was extremely worried about using his powers when he discovered he had them

Then that halfassed attempt of a joke would've worked with his character than Peter.
>>
>>93289283
>There is Superman, and there is the Super-Man of China. His name is Kenan Kong.
Well in his case he is MEANT to be a rip-off. That is actually an identity in itself. Being Chinese Super-man is not the same as trying to BE Superman. His existence is clearly unique to him.
>>
>>93289645
I still hope they acknowledge that "China makes knock-off JLA" was a plotline that happened before.
>>
>>93289713

They made a marvel heroes knock off too.
>>
>>93289723
When did DC make a story about China making knock-off Marvel?
>>
>>93289769

They call themselves, the great ten.
>>
>>93280710
She already had a fucking name, what's wrong with Stature?
>>
>>93289865
MC2 gave her Stinger before Stature was in anybody's head
>>93289846
I never really saw them as a Marvel knock-off. Not in the way Kenan's group or the group from before them were designed to be bootlegs.
>>
File: tumblr_mm5ezze7er1rzvz99o1_500.jpg (49KB, 500x714px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mm5ezze7er1rzvz99o1_500.jpg
49KB, 500x714px
>>93279414
I will NEVER love you after what you took from me.
>>
>>93279414
>>
File: this thread.png (79KB, 344x277px) Image search: [Google]
this thread.png
79KB, 344x277px
>>93290670
>>
>reading cape comics in the year of our Lord, two thousand and seventeen
Moron writers reap what they sow. Big two are going to fucking die. Marvel needed Disney to save them. Incredibly sad. Now they pump out shitty movies for the Chinese. Great.
>>
>>93290763
DC is significantly less fucked than Marvel when it comes to comics right now.
>>
>>93290763
>Big two are going to fucking die.
As long as they have merchandise sales, that seems unlikely.
>>
>>93283412
She's between 19 and 20. Peter died at their senior prom, during which they would be 17 or 18 and the story starts two years after that. She's not 21, because she gets refused service at a bar.
>>
>>93289846
They've already appeared in the story, during the first arc.
>>
>>93290778
What great comics do they have going right now?
>>
>>93290827
Superman for starters. It's been great since Rebirth.
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 429x476px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 429x476px
>>93279455
In his defense Uncle Prowler was pretty solid
>>
>>93280139
Aracnigger
>>
>>93290899
Is that it?
>>
>>93291069
Were you asking for a giant list?
>>
>>93291077
I just wanted to know what great comics DC has running right now. I mean, I hear people say they're doing great, but nobody really says how.
>>
>>93291239
Short answer

New villains, Old characters are coming back, The watchmen, Well-written new characters, tom king.
>>
>>93279615
I think they should go full throttle and make him BLACK Spider-Man.

be all gangsta and shit but with a heart of gold. you'd defo pull a new audience.

I always wanted him to be a bit of a hood rat who gets taken under Fury's wing, learn the power/responsibility and rise above his broken home roots.

it'd be a lot more relatable to kids who's otherwise not be into reading whilst inspiring them to rise above their crack house neighbourhoods.
>>
>>93291239
Green Lanterns is great, and I'm loving their whole Young Animal line
>>
>>93291239
The worst I could say about Rebirth is that there's too much good stuff for me to keep up with. The books are fun to read, characters are going back to their pre-New52 characterizations, and the overarching Watchmen threat in the background. There are some stinkers like Batgirl, Cyborg, Justice League but it's mainly just mediocre writing. And I don't like comparing it with other brands to make it look good but there's no politics. When Green Arrow, a literal SJW who doesn't like republicans and uses -isms a lot is a fun book to read then you know they did a great job.
>>
>>93291301
They did that, he was called Luke Cage.

Though Like Cage would actually be a great mentor for Miles.
>>
File: icanteven.jpg (29KB, 497x558px) Image search: [Google]
icanteven.jpg
29KB, 497x558px
>>93279610
literally "black Tony"
>>
>>93291605
>>93291301
I like miles being a outspoken/awkward spider-man. More polite than peter parker towards his villains.
>>
>>93280139
Dead
>>
>>93280139
he doesn't even have spider powers, he's got agility, sticking to walls, and a venom blast thing. The webshooters are from spidey somehow.

He's got most of the powers of an insect with stinging powers.
>>
>>93292391
Peter's only powers are being a strong fast guy who sticks to stuff. Venom blast is a reference to Jessica Drew, Spider-Woman and Bendis' waifu
>>
>>93292429
Peter actually got bit by a spider though, and having the proportional stuff of a spider. Didn't Miles just magically have all of Pete's powers but better and with extra stuff one morning?
>>
>>93279414
have a personality
>>
>>93292500
He was bitten by another spider made by someone trying to recreate the original Spider-Man. It was on his uncle after stealing from the same people, ended up biting Miles.
Thread posts: 214
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.