[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: characters who were only written well once

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

ITT: characters who were only written well once
>>
File: angry tanya.png (404KB, 360x648px) Image search: [Google]
angry tanya.png
404KB, 360x648px
>>93279105
This Power Girl is also going to be like this I know right
>>
>>93279105
Nick Fury by Jim Steranko
No one else has done anything close to publishable with the character.

Probably Peter David's Hulk, as Pak was the closest to making him well written again.
>>
>>93279105
Which run we talking 'bout here? My money's on the 2009 one.
>>
You're an idiot who fell for the meme that all characters need solos and nothing else counts.
>>
>>93280670
>>
File: `My Feels.jpg (190KB, 442x650px) Image search: [Google]
`My Feels.jpg
190KB, 442x650px
>>93279105
I'm not still upset about this
i s-swear.
>>
>>93281961
>Nick Fury
Gwuh? Zuh? Just... are you fucking retarded? My War Gone By is amazing. Did you forget about it somehow?

I love Steranko's work, he did things that were decades ahead of their time (and indirectly gave birth to one of the most noteworthy comics ever, GI Joe 21), but MWGB is the single greatest Fury story ever told.
>>
>>
>>93287370
Nah he has some good modern and classic and also some average ones.
But stay away from bendis run
>>
>>93280670
Except instead of being written well once she won't be written well at all.
>>
>>93279105
Geoff Johns fixed Power Girl first, around the time of Infinite Crisis. His Power Girl story was the prelude to what Palmiotti and Gray would do later.

Before Johns, PG's origin was still a cloudy mess. She was still vaguely Atlantean, but not really. Johns cleared it all up, and Amanda Conner made it look good too. Of course that story also gave the infamous explanation for PG's boob window which /co/ loves to shit on, but I don't mind it.
>>
>>93280670
I never got this charackter because I stopped reading most of n52 TT stuff or wasn't really interested in it.
Maybe I start reading the new stuff.

But why is she the new Powergirl, is she Kryptonian, what kind of power does she have and how or where did she get this if she isn't from Krypton.
(Doesn't Kryptonians always have blue eyes, even if they were black)
>>
>>93289673
>I'm not reading Deathstroke
>>
>>93289638
Bendis run is good
>>
>>93279105
Yeah, it was an awesome run. Sad!
>>
>>93289736
>But why is she the new Powergirl, is she Kryptonian, what kind of power does she have and how or where did she get this if she isn't from Krypton.
Karen Starr PG decided to go back home to Earth 2 to help save it from whatever the fuck was going on there. Before she left, she used some kind of plot device to give powers to a regular human girl who would take her place as Power Girl on Earth 1.
>(Doesn't Kryptonians always have blue eyes, even if they were black
I'm not sure what you're asking. Kryptonians come in all basic colors just like humans.
>>
>>93287370
Didn't like the lemire run?
>>
>>93287370
Aside from Bendis has he really had a BAD run? The ones in between Ellis and Lemire weren't great, but they weren't terrible.
>>
>>93289885
I thought it was too in the face.
>>
>>93289856
You're right, I'm not.
>>
>>93290138
nuPower Girl is in it and Priest has somehow managed to make her an interesting character, mostly by focusing on how naive a teenage genius would really be.
>>
>>93289885
Bendis run suffer from bendis.
Story is fine, Moon knight against the count is well done, ideas behind it could work.
But it suffers really from the Bendis dialogue and a other stuff
>>
File: Giant-Size_Man-Thing_Vol_1_1.jpg (86KB, 400x599px) Image search: [Google]
Giant-Size_Man-Thing_Vol_1_1.jpg
86KB, 400x599px
>>93279105
Gerber's Man-Thing.
>>
Superman
Was only written well in the silver and Bronze age and everything good that came afterwards like All Star and Supreme is based on Silver age.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.