[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is this show even about, and is it worth watching?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: the-amazing-world-of-gumball.jpg (80KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
the-amazing-world-of-gumball.jpg
80KB, 360x270px
What is this show even about, and is it worth watching?
>>
File: 39105.jpg (68KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
39105.jpg
68KB, 640x360px
>>93274251
>What is this show even about?
Comedy. Pure visual gags, creative episodes and a really original cast of characters. It's also really well written and there are almost no unlikable characters (some people don't like how Richard is handled).
>is it worth watching?
Yes, in my opinion.
i might get blasted to the ass here, but start with season 2
>>
>>93274622
Yeah I would consider this a old fashioned cartoon in the sense like looney toons and most golden age cartoons in general it focuses primarily in comedy and animation
>>
>What is it about
A kid and his brother/pet surrounded by the greatest cast of side and background characters we've seen in years, set in the town of Elmore

>Is it worth watching?
The show has incredibly few bad episodes. If you're looking for something funny and simple this show is really something you can pick up at any episode and enjoy.
>>
>>93274251
the original lore is that the town is where rejected cartoon characters go to live, which is why different characters have vastly different art styles and some are 3d
>>
>>93274251
Mostly meta comedy

Think "The Community" meets "The Simpsons"
>>
>>93275641
>mostly meta comedy
and yet it nails it pretty fucking well
>>
>>93274251

Its a show about dealing with life as a kid closing in on puberty, still enjoying being carefree but being more aware of the world around you.

As a child, Gumball's world made sense, of course there would be cartoons of all styles interacting with each other, and of course every crazy thing that happens makes sense. But as he grows older, Gumball begins to realize his understanding of the world is fading away, and as he becomes more self aware, the world of Gumball starts to break apart
>>
Its fucking funny OP
>>
>>93274251
This show is, fun. You dont need to start at a certain point, theres not really a lore to it (though it has great continuity) and puts good comedy into every episode, worth a watch to me
>>
>>93274622
Agree, however:

>no unlikable characters

Man, the titular character (Gumball) is often cringy and annoying as fuck.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.