[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Project: Multiverse Comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: heroes.jpg (188KB, 691x599px) Image search: [Google]
heroes.jpg
188KB, 691x599px
tfw no teen heroes pitch yet

Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/JyKVveLK

Discord:
https://discord.gg/rGSaquC

Currently we're looking for artists, but writers and editors are still welcome!

So if you have any questions before joining the project, sound off below!

There's a multiverse of possibilities awaiting you inside, so join in!
>>
bumpo
>>
>>93273905
bump
>>
>>93273905
To the Anon who came up with this idea: This is going to end in disaster. Out of all these writers, you're gonna have a few people like Ken Penders or Steve Gerber in your ranks. But good luck anyway...
>>
File: Lord_Ken_Penders.png (341KB, 379x393px) Image search: [Google]
Lord_Ken_Penders.png
341KB, 379x393px
>>93276663
KEN DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
But I'm already doing my own multiverse tho /co/
>>
Tbh I would do this if the thread wasn't dead because of the discord (I assume).
>>
>>93273905

Doing my own thing, don't you dare take any good unused names and make shit characters. It's hard enough as it is.
>>
>>93277508
Discord's pretty slow, I think people are a little afraid to really be critical or the people who have hashed out ideas are now working on scripts.
>>
>>93276663
>you're gonna have a few people like Ken Penders or Steve Gerber in your ranks
???
But the zine isn't going to own anything. If people want to pack up and leave, then they're free to do so.

>>93277282
You can use it as cross-promotion.
>>
>>93277282
>>93278269
>You can use it as cross-promotion.

Yeah, a few people are already doing this.
>>
>>93278269
you can't really have a connected universe if anybody can take their toys and go home at any moment.
>>
>>93278355
Rob Liefeld did it with Image and all it took was a few pages to retcon.
Youngblood killed by aliens
Chapel didn't kill Spawn, someone else did.
Done.
>>
>>93277573
12 year old detected
>>
>>93273905
If, say, I have a comic project that I want to write and illustrate all by myself, can I eventually add it to the multiverse?
>>
>>93278592
That's the idea. The multiverse is super loose, so far as I can tell it is a multiverse in name only. There is one shared universe, dubbed the Alphaverse, but everyone else is sort of doing their own thing, getting feedback and sketches with the understanding that all the stories exist alongside each other much like Marvel exists alongside DC, Rick and Morty, Buffy, Cheers, the Wire and every other piece of fiction in existence.
There is no obligation to use anyone else's rules or materials.
>>
>>93278592
This is a good question.
I second it.
>>
>>93278461

Jealous retard with no creativity or sense of purpose detected.
>>
>>93278355
It's not a connected universe.

>>93278592
Yes, as long as you format it into an 8-page story/a longer story divided in 8-page long chapters.
>>
>>93276663
>Out of all these writers, you're gonna have a few people like Ken Penders or Steve Gerber in your ranks.
Do you really think that would happen? Someone making some OCs for one little internet thing and then suing the guys in charge for using their characters once they left? No. Never...
>>
Joined the discord, I'm pretty sloshed right now, but when I sober up tomorrow I'll start sharing ideas that I have, both active and shelved. It's good to have active artists, since I can't draw for shit and use heromachine for my mockups.
>>
>>93282470

Wouldn't we just work out character ownership ahead of time?
>>
>>93283531
That's what well-adjusted adults would do-oh wait...
>>
>congregating all of /co/'s "ideas guys"
>>
>>93285410
Gets them outta here, at least.
To be fair a handful of scripts have already been written there.
>>
Replace script, show or movie with comicbook:

"If your show idea can be done without you… or if you worry your show can be done without you… you haven’t done your job well enough. You haven’t expressed your unique vision in a way that makes you indispensable.

And if your show does NOT have a vision so unique that it can’t be done without you… the networks won’t steal it—they just won’t be interested.

In other words… it’s not ideas that have value in television—a TV idea itself is almost worthless—it’s the person behind the idea.

If a network or studio likes your idea… they want you involved. They need you; the last thing they want is to boot the creative visionary who sees the world of the show in a special way.

So the best—and perhaps only—protection for your TV show?… Have such a unique world-view that buyers can’t do your show without you… and wouldn’t want to."
>>
>>93285595
Is this what delusional "writers" actually believe?

Companies don't give a fuck about the artist and the comic book industry in particular's entire history has been fucking over the creator to monetize their idea and turn it into a franchise without them and give them nothing for it.

No one's idea is so special snowflake that a company can't make their own successful version of it without you hiring on hack writers to draft them up whatever they want based on it. It won't be your special verison, and that doesn't matter, because the version that's published becomes he official one and your "special" version is just an idea in your head. Remember that.
>>
>>93285410
Believe it or not some people are actually working there.
>>
File: pepe.gif (130KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.gif
130KB, 400x350px
>>93285846
>Remember that.
>Watchmen would have been just as good without Moore
>Walking Dead would have been just as successful without Kirkman
>Batman would have been just as timeless without Bill Finger

nice b8 m8
>>
>>93286000
Literally read the fucking comment you retard.
Neither are about "good", they're about existing at all. Every single one of the things you just listed could exist without those authors, they'd just be different, and you'd never know the difference because you're only going to see what's published.

>bringing up Alan Moore when DC is now literally doing Watchmen without him
>bringing up Batman when DC fucked over Bill Finger for decades in favour of Bob Kane
>bringign up Batman when that is LITERALLY AN EXAMPLE OF SOMEONE'S IDEA, BOB KANE, BEING TAKEN BY A COMPANY, DC, AND THEN MODIFIED TO THEIR LIKING TO THE POINT WHERE BOB KANE'S ORIGINAL IDEA BASICALLY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH BATMAN AFTERWARDS

You're proving the point. You are not essential as a creator unless you personally own and publish your own works. There's nothing you can come up with that a company cannot appropriate and turn profit on. Just because it's not going to be your vision of it does not make it illegitimate, in fact the most legitimate version is not your headcanon even if it was your creator's vision, it's whatever is published.
>>
File: 0cc.gif (3MB, 264x242px) Image search: [Google]
0cc.gif
3MB, 264x242px
>>93286231
>being this mad

Fuck dude, calm down. Where did Quesada touch you?
>>
>>93286431
Not an argument :^)
>>
>>93285846
My point was that no idea you have is so good the companies will steal it and make their own, because ideas are insubstantial. Elevator pitches only work with established characters. You want to make something new, the company is better off buying your whole product and vision, you included, providing its good enough. Why steal your idea then hire someone else to write and draw it?
Imagine Image stealing the pitch for invincible "So Superman has a son who gets powers, but Superman is actually the first of an invasion force sent to conquer Earth!"
It's not a bad idea, but it's nothing without the characters, the way forward, the story points and beats.
For those people earlier on the thread worried about their ideas being stolen, you can't copyright an idea. Take your idea, make it unique, make it good, and it'll be impossible to steal.
You'll be so intrinsic to the idea that you can't be separated from it.
>>
>>93286916
>My point was that no idea you have is so good the companies will steal it and make their own

And my point is that this is literally what companies do all the time especially comic book companies, because it's cheaper. Holywood does it as well. there is an entire union of writers who are there for-hire at their disposal literally to make knock-offs of other peoples ideas and scripts under their own copyrights for them to try to not only publish themselves, but publish bigger and first so the original creator gets buried. This is a pretty fucking well-known thing that happens in media industries. Companies will even make shitty low budget productions of ideas to make sure they hold the copyrights for them by publishing.

>You'll be so intrinsic to the idea that you can't be separated from it.
Except you can be, because no-one knows who you are. And you going around telling people, "I actually came up with the idea for a bunch of teenage turtles who get ninja training and love pizza" isn't going to convince anyone and if you try to publish your idea you'll get assraped with litigation now. And even though you say, "But in the REAL version, MY version, their names are Jack, Bronson, Lewis, and Mel, and their personalities are completely different! They didn't even get their personalities right!" that absolutely does not matter when the published work rules all.

Taking the approach of "Haha my ideas are so special and unique that only the EXACT SPECIFIC incarnation and details of my ideas could possibly be successful!" is delusional. The entertainment industry, and the comic industry in particular, is absolutely flooded with extremely successful properties that were essentially rip-offs, tweaks, or straight copies of ideas that the original creators couldn't publish as well and the copy became the definitive iteration.
>>
>>93287220
I disagree with you, but fortunately, it's not your destiny in life to convince me you are correct, so I guess you've done your job.
>>
>>93287387
And unfortunately, these things are true regardless of whether or not you acknowledge them. It's the reason Disney won't ever let the word "Kimba" ever be spoken aloud in their offices or parks, and that was a legitimately published and distributed work. But you think even though companies will even rip-off and try to bury already published and distributed works, they won't do it to independent artists who have even less means of combatting it (even though it's well known they do this)?

Your naivety hurts only you and others naive enough to believe you. These events and business practices happen independent of your belief in them.
>>
>>93287220
>>93287603
You site Hollywood a alot but surely it's different in comics? At least nowadays? I get that the old companies shat on creators but they couldn't get away with that these days.
You think if spiderman never got made and you had an idea about a meek teenager getting bitten by a magic spider a big company is going to steal your idea? Without all the trimmings it's just a sentence or two. Isn't it all the support characters and the mythos that makes the idea great? If you reduce every character down to a single idea none of them are exceptional.
Orphaned child becomes a master crimefighter dressed like a bat
Alien child from a doomed planet gains god like powers.
A zombie story that doesn't have an end.
None of them are worth stealing? Isn't that the guys point?
DC isn't going to take my idea and make anything out of it if it's just a pitch. But if it's well developed and has years of stories deepest lore and a diverse and interesting array of supporting characters that I can prove is mine I can't see why they'd bother. If they like the idea they like what I'm doing with it and they'd just option it from me.
>>
>>93287864
>it's different in comics
It's worse. Even DC's curmudgeon old treasure Alan Moore isn't inseparable from Watchmen, but you think you're inseparable from your idea?

>couldn't get away with that these days.
Why do you think that? What do you think has changed? DC and Marvel (and animation companies) have an army of "house" writers who are specifically there to write whatever is commanded of them, and these commands are often, "Take this idea we think is good/popular and change a couple things." This is how many extremely popular things today were created.

>DC isn't going to take my idea and make anything out of it. If they like the idea they like what I'm doing with it and they'd just option it from me.
If they like it they could. It's a business. You have to consider whether it's a cheaper and safer investment for them to:

A) Hire a writer on from no-were with no professional experience to write this "idea" or buy this idea and intellectual property from the writer because no-one else could possibly run with this idea and the details this person has are absolutely essential to seeing a monetary return on the investment in that idea, and deal with his "special vision" and need for creative control.
B) Send the idea down to your in-house writers who are already on staff, have professional experience, will obey you, have them change a couple things, adjust for marketability, and then have them churn out some scripts for testing, sending the pitchman on his way.

You don't seem to know how exploitative the entertainment industry is with concepts and ideas. This is the reason why people protect their intellectual property so fiercely and why Pixar/Dreamworks warred over fucking ants movies. There is no idea too specific, too personal, too phenomenal, too detailed, that it can't be taken away from you. The media you consume every single day is replete with ideas you didn't even know were appropriated by industry.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.