[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to casually get into comics, I've already read Watchmen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1329.jpg (295KB, 981x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1329.jpg
295KB, 981x1200px
I want to casually get into comics, I've already read Watchmen years ago and I think I'm gonna read The Dark Knight Returns next. What are the best graphic novels/comics for a newfag?
>pic unrelated
>>
>>93273211
That's pretty much it, you can stop there.
>>
>>93273311
>>93273211
GETs galore, and alright, if you say so
>>
>>93273211
Honestly, I don't like TDK a lot, it suffers a lot of Miller's problems, if you want to read some Miller red his Daredevil run, it's the GOAT.

I don't know what you mean by "casual", for me I just read a lot of comics and separate them in what's great, alright or bad, by casual you mean you want to read only alright stuff and never have a taste of greatness so you don't get absorbed?

Or do you just want reccomendations on one shot, separate and independent stories?
>>
>>93273211
Hellboy.

All of it. In release order.
>>
I like Kingdom Come for a dc book try marvels for a marvel book
>>
>>93274514 #
No, I only want the great stuff, and I respectfully I can't be bothered about what you say about Frank Miller I already love him and his quirks ("problems")
Just any recs of great stuff, graphic novels, anything really
>>
>>93274578
Well, it's a lot to be honest, but here's my general recomendations

Suicide Squad by John Ostrander
The Spectre by John Ostrander
Martian Manhunter by John Ostrander
All-Star Superman by Grant Morrison
Doom Patrol by Grant Morrison
Flex Mentallo by Grant Morrison
Sandman by Neil Gaiman
Justice by Jim Krueger
Kingdom Come by Mark Waid
Wonder Woman by George Perez
Gotham Central by Greg Rucka
Dial H by China Melville
The Fourth World by Jack Kirby
Kamandi by Jack Kirby
Starman by James Robinson
Marvels by Kurt Busiek
Thor by Walt Simonson
Thanos Quest and Infinity Gauntlet by Jim Starlin
Fantastic four by Jack Kirby
Miracleman by Alan Moore
New X-Men by Grant Morrison

From here on it's mostly a matter of continuity but that might be too hardcore, if you want I can order them.
>>93274840
This is correct, Kingdom Come was my first comic and it's a great way to start it off, you get to know some characters, although a little misrepresented, and you get a sense of what these comics are about.
>>
>>93273211
Watchmen and DKR are the worst possible comics for newfags. It makes them think all superhero comics must be edgy and with moral ambiguity.
>>
>>93274870
Add Flash by Mark Waid
>>
>>93276866
Well that's the thing, I'd add many more things to the list, but the Flash by Mark Waid holds you from a very powerful moment in Crisis on Infinite Earths.
>>
>>93273211
I would let her do that even if it meant crushing my fucking head in the end.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.