[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes a good /co/ canon romance? What are some things that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 207134350_960.jpg (29KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
207134350_960.jpg
29KB, 960x540px
What makes a good /co/ canon romance? What are some things that make a lot of people hate certain canon or non-canon relationships in /co/ franchises?
>>
>>93272462
Expectation and poor writing.

You can literally smell every relationship coming and it always feels played out and forced.

Good romance has to built up and progress naturally, but most /co/ material focuses on so many other aspects that taking the proper time to address it is a terrible idea. But that'll never stop writers from shoehorning it in anyways.
>>
File: 1495339140381.png (60KB, 536x328px) Image search: [Google]
1495339140381.png
60KB, 536x328px
>>93272514
How does it feel being a bigot homophobe?
>>
>>93272462
I usually ship canon ships because they're easy. The show itself usually has the best means to portray one. When it's canon, you don't have to drudge through endless amount of shit tier fan art to get it, you already established the connection in the real work.

Non-canon pairings, like crack pairings? People shipping characters because one famous artist came up with a ridiculous concept and everyone went with it because it someway feeds into the lowest common denominator? That's lazy, stereotyping at its finest.
>>
>>93275319
>I usually ship canon ships because they're easy. The show itself usually has the best means to portray one. When it's canon, you don't have to drudge through endless amount of shit tier fan art to get it, you already established the connection in the real work.

literally me.
>>
>>93272462
Doesn't even matter if you write a good romance story or a story that happens to have good romance in it because people are really autistic when it comes to shipping and romance.

Like if you write character A having a close friendship with X, Y, and Z and Y is the character you want to pair A with and you've been building to that but there's always going to be someone buttmad because A didn't end up with X or Z (or with an out there character like character F which rarely talks to character A) no matter how shitty or good your writing is they will get crazy.

And even if your story is not romance oriented fandom will make it romance oriented.

Also sometimes you can have two characters just kiss or fuck without having romance (it happens in real life, some people will impulsively kiss or fuck someone they are attracted to) and this will also upset someone for being unrealistic or forced.

That said what makes a good romance? It's hard to say but I feel like it should show two characters having real good chemistry in order for it to work for the audience, they both should be interesting and complement each other. You can build up the relationship from the beginning and have them get to a point were it would be natural for them to go to the next level and most people will take it.

If you're writing a romance in a story that's not focused on romance just make the romance serve the story and characters and not overtake them.

Anyway I'm not a good writer so I wouldn't fucking know where to begin with and all I know is what I like, if two characters click with me I'll like it and if they don't as long as they don't ruin the story that I'm reading and they aren't the main focus I can stomach it.
>>
>>93272462

I'm not too picky. If it's a new relationship, then I'd want some king of bonding experience, so kind of character progression, some kind of mutual chemistry etc.

So basically more than a letter about being crippled, and how much it sucks.
>>
What is OP from? Is it Cruel Intentions?
>>
>>93275543
>If you're writing a romance in a story that's not focused on romance just make the romance serve the story and characters and not overtake them.
I thought this was one of the most concise posts on how to write romance
>>
File: 1428720293661.jpg (23KB, 396x691px) Image search: [Google]
1428720293661.jpg
23KB, 396x691px
>>93272462
shipping whether its canon or not is cancer

just make everyone asexual yo
>>
>>93275543
>Like if you write character A having a close friendship with X, Y, and Z and Y is the character you want to pair A with and you've been building to that but there's always going to be someone buttmad because A didn't end up with X or Z (or with an out there character like character F which rarely talks to character A) no matter how shitty or good your writing is they will get crazy.

Obviously not everyone will be/can be satisfied.

But aren't there some kinds of trends that make certain ships become popular in fandoms? Like making a gay romance/ship gets you a lot of support etc?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.