/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel Only Offering Retailers Legacy Discounts On Large Orders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Marvel Cashgrab.jpg (202KB, 1600x669px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel Cashgrab.jpg
202KB, 1600x669px
>They are also giving sizeable discounts on the Generations volumes to retailers who order large number of the books, based on their orders for Secret Empire #5, Marvel’s best-selling title.

>These discounts kick in on the Generations titles Banner Hulk & The Totally Awesome Hulk, Phoenix & Jean Grey, Wolverine & All-New Wolverine, Unworthy Thor & Mighty Thor, Hawkeye & Hawkeye at 150, 125 and 100% of their Secret Empire #5 orders.

Holy shit, this is shameless. DC not only had their Rebirth Special at $2.99, but they offered free returns to every retailer so they could get as many issues out to customers as possible and put the onus of possible failure squarely on themselves, protecting retailers from possible low sales. This is fucking sad. Marvel literally does not care about its readers and retailers. Legacy is no such outreach to those two disaffected groups like Rebirth was and is just a standard "WE WANT DAT REBIRTH CASH!" gimmick.

I bet the issue is $5.99.
>>
>>93272345
Typical Ike and his Jewness.
>>
>>93272345
That's how comics work. That's how most retail products work. The more you order, the bigger the discount is. That's why Wal-Mart is cheaper than the local grocery store, because they order more and are able to get a bigger discount.

You are basically complaining that Marvel are making their comics cheaper for retailers.
>>
>>93272345
Doesn't matter, they can get away with it.
>>
>>93272477
Except that Aldi orders less and still manages to be cheaper than Wall Mart.
>>
>>93272477
This is how shills work.
>>
>>93272345
5.99 for the physical issue, a digital copy and another digital comic seems like a fair trade to me OP.
>>
>>93274691
Not if the comic sucks.
>>
>>93272477
>Wal-Mart orders shit and sells it in bulk
>at least it's cheap lol

Fuck off Goldstein
>>
>>93272345

Why is that niggers face next to the L in legacy? Fuck that triggered me so hard.
>>
>>93272477
Did you forget to read? The discount isn't based on how many they order, like how Walmart usually gets a discount by ordering shittons, it's based on how many they order COMPARED to their orders for Secret Empire 5. They're trying to force a successful event whether comic shops want it or not.
>>
>>93275149
They do that all the time. It's hardly some new practice.
>>
>>93272345
>they offered free returns to every retailer so they could get as many issues out to customers as possible
Not only that but Johns offered to personally reimburse anyone that didn't like the issue.
>>
>>93272477
Absolutely right. The more you buy of product x the bigger the discount should be on that product......except with Marvel it's not the more of product x the bigger the discount for it. It's order 150% of product y and z to receive a discount on x.
>>
>>93272477
Except Legacy was supposed to be Marvel's Rebirth, where they reconnect with lapsed fans and smooth things out with retailers. With the announcement of the Legacy details, not only are fans not getting what they want but apparently Marvel's content with continuing to fuck over retailers for a quick buck. It's a complete shitfest for a company that's been recieving massive criticism from everywhere for about a year now.
>>
>>93275859
It's not a new practice for Marvel, but it is a shit practice. That's especially true for this, which was supposed to be their Rebirth olive branch to disenfranchised readers and retailers.

Ike the Kike can't die soon enough.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.