[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one that liked this show as a teen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

Am I the only one that liked this show as a teen?
>>
I liked it too, OP. Still think it was really good show for it's time
>>
>>93269240
This is a god-tier show of the last 30 years.
>>
No.
I loved it too. It was one of the more grounded Nicktoons and did a lot of things that were non-existent at the time.
>>
>>93270342
>>93270371

True

>>93270427
>did a lot of things that were non-existent at the time
Yeah it surprised me too.
>grounded
Sorry I don't speak english. What does this mean?
>>
>>93270821
>Sorry I don't speak english. What does this mean?
the opposite of zany and unrealistic
>>
>>93269240
If only for Courtney. She's the character who genuinely deserved a happy ending and didn't get one.
>>
>>93270851
Oh yes it was
Thanks!
>>
>>93269240
Only thing people complain about on /co/ about it is the art style. Otherwise it's really well liked. So it's not talked about much.
>>
>>93270886
Only one I liked and they fucked her over.
>>
The only thing I didn't like, was the weird designs for the characters, but that's something else that made it unique
Aside from that, it was a good ass show
>>
As a kid I thought it was incredibly boring and I couldn't get past the hideous characters.
>>
>>93270912
>>93270936
Yes it's true. I kinda don't like the artstyle, but it's more unique like this. So I guess it's ok
>>
>>93270964
... And now?
>>
File: 1497652055144.png (25KB, 250x273px) Image search: [Google]
1497652055144.png
25KB, 250x273px
Loved it as a kid, and as an adult I still think it holds up. It tackled some serious issues for a kids / teen show, and is next to Hey Arnold probably the show that had the most serious subject matters in the Nick lineup - though of course Hey Arnold was a lot more goofy and fun, whereas Ginger was often pretty somber.
>>
>>93270977
If Klasky Csupo could have gotten over their hatred for chins I probably would have enjoyed that series more. I didn't hate it, but I never liked it. If there was nothing better on I would watch it.
>>
File: Carl[1].jpg (12KB, 195x240px) Image search: [Google]
Carl[1].jpg
12KB, 195x240px
>>93269240
I liked only because of his brother stories, it was like a different show in the same episode
>>
>>93269240
You weren't the only oner. The show was pretty good, it just had an awful artstyle, which, in my opinion, wasn't that important. I was a kid, it was a cartoon that had good writing, at times, and that's all I cared about.
>>
>>93273321
I never realized how much he looks like a Red Bull ad.
>>
It wasn't easy being a footfag in the pre-Internet days...
>>
File: Courtney_Gripling4.png (234KB, 539x536px) Image search: [Google]
Courtney_Gripling4.png
234KB, 539x536px
What the fuck was her problem?
>>
>>93269240
Many girls liked it too.
>>
>>93269240
I didn't like it when I was a kid, but rewatching it now, it's breddy gud
>>
>>93274002
Yeah, I thought it was a show for girls, but it wasn't thaaat girly, so... I didn't feel bad
>>
>>93273979
She wanted Gingers pussy but Nick cut out the entire storyline because shit like that couldn't fly back in the days and for some retarded fucking reason her character got a horrible ending without even being mentioned in the epilogue despite not deserving it in any way.
>>
>>93273979
she was gay for Ginger
>>
One of the last good children's/teen cartoons
>>
>>93269240
It was good. all this talk makes me want to rewatch it again
>>
>>93273321
The apex of supporting characters.
>>93274842
>>93274845
Outside of edgy revisionism do you have anything to back this up? It's been a while since I watched ATBG and this seems like some Tumblr-tier reading.
>>
>>93269240
My sister really liked it as a teen. I never watched it.
>>
>>93274842
Fake or not that explanation makes perfect sense.
>>
>>93276106
Not them and I don't have the link anymore but I remember seeing something about that from the creator online. We've had threads about it in the past if you look in the archive I'm sure you would find a source.
>>
File: 1454278973223.jpg (13KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
1454278973223.jpg
13KB, 308x308px
>>93269240
it was on when I was a child.

I guess I'm still a teen, so yeah. I enjoy the show. It's really comfy.
>>
>>93276106
I know it's sounds like fanfiction but is the only way to explain why she was trying to get so close to Ginger even though they never had the same interests and the lack of popularity from ginger, also how her best friend couldn't understand their relationship and was clearly creeped out by it.
>>
>>93276106
>Outside of edgy revisionism do you have anything to back this up? It's been a while since I watched ATBG and this seems like some Tumblr-tier reading.
as far as i know there isn't, but it's not hard to interpret what she did through the series as her having a crush on ginger
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.