[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys think would bankruptcy of one of the biggest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

How do you guys think would bankruptcy of one of the biggest three publishers DC, Marvel and Image if I'm correct affect comic book industry?
>>
US industry?
If there's a market for any particular company's goods and services then someone will buy whatever assets and goodwill are left, and continue operation. This is basic economics. They'll be some disruption as there always is,
but really, nothing important will change.

Having said that, would not affect me at all as I'm Euro reading mostly Euro or truly independent creators both in US and UK. All three companies could close, couldn't care.
>>
You might as well ask what would happen if the Sun blew up.

Marvel & DC are on permanent life support via Disney & Time Warner. It is possible they may simply decide that the comics aren't worth it & dissolve them but they'll never go belly up now.

Image is basically a flea market, they make money on everything they publish even if the creators don't so as long as talent agrees to their terms they are stable for as long as the print medium will exist, which is debatable but another thread subject.
>>
Well, if we're talking about it being some kind of magical vacuum where they suddenly announce tomorrow they've been bought by some trillionaire neckbeard and immediately shuttered....

You would immediately see Dark Horse, IDW, Boom, Valiant, etc. scrambling to come up with superheroes to fill the demand, but likely 3/4 of the buyers would just go elsewhere for their entertainment.

As much as I wish that the medium wasn't so deeply associated with capes so that Marvel/DC could just be a part of the industry instead of the most essential, the fact is over 50 years of capes being the center of the medium is impossible to undo.

It's a shame because as much as I love Marvel and DC, comics has so much potential to be a massive creative force that's been squandered by the very odd history of comics in America.
>>
>>93269115
If you got rid of Marvel or DC, especially Marvel, the comic industry would crash. Most comic book-centric stores would close immediately (unless they've got a heavy gaming side to fall back on) and anything left would be forced to go digital.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.