[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good ship?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

Is this a good ship?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>93269067
why?
>>
No. It may be a spoof of the trope where the smart competent woman ends up with a shlubby loser.
>>
>>93268996
No, same with Amy and Kiff. You think you would like it but it ruins the character dynamic.

Now that I think about it relationships rarely help cartoons. Many like the falling in love part but when they enter a relationship then it turns boring and stale.
>>
>>93269117
It's cute
>>
>>93269357
i respectfully disagree
i think the whole "will they, won't they" trope is boring and overused
if your characters are only interesting when they have contrived sexual tension, then your characters suck, start over
fry and leela were both still funny and interesting after they got together and it was more interesting (in my opinion) to see them deal with being a couple than it was to see them take turns being jealous of each other
>>
>>93269117
is's canon
>>
>>93269507
>i think the whole "will they, won't they" trope is boring
Cartoons rarely go beyond that. And if the do like in the Kiff/Amy case it imho sucks. Maybe because they are more related to being single than Fry/Leela. Kiffs charcters and 90% of his jokes are: he is a unhappy loser. Amy was a materialistic slut.
Take that away and there isn't much left of them.
>>
>>93268996
Top tier ship.

Fry & Leela were connected from the start.
>>
>>93270041
I think we can mostly agree kiff/amy was a garbage ship but mainly because it was unbelievable. Amy was a turbo slut and Kiff had no sex drive. Kiff was also underdeveloped as a character and really only existed to be the sad sack next to Zap.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
>>93268996
Fry/Amy was the patricians choice.
>>
>>93271886
Wasn't bad. In a way they fit better. They are both not very smart and don't care much about anything. But there is probably not enough conflict for the writers.
>>
>>93271886
>>93272050
Agreed with all points made here.
>>
it could've been better
>>
>>93271886
This. Leela had a stick up her ass all the time while Amy was chill enough to find Fry's retardation endearing. Amy's a bit of a slut, though, and has cheated on Kif multiple times.
>>
File: 34.png (94KB, 448x253px) Image search: [Google]
34.png
94KB, 448x253px
>>93271886
what about Bender/Amy?
>>
>>93273701
He knows what's good: You snagged the perfect girlfriend. Amy's rich, she probably has got other characteristics
>>
>>93268996
Yeah. Because it felt earned, which is something I don't normally find in cartoon sitcoms.

That said it felt...too hard to earn. It took too long for it to happen. Honestly they should've at least been casually dating by season 4
>>
>>93268996
no, they just date because every other character is crazy, an asshole or a crazy asshole robot with an shiny ass
>>
>>93271886
>>93272050
This, was a pretty realistic couple, both are shill and like to have sex without too much drama,It should last at least one reason since there was no logical reason for them to break up.
>>
File: Best ship.jpg (220KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
Best ship.jpg
220KB, 600x448px
>>93268996
>>
>>93272050
>They are both not very smart and don't care much about anything.

Amy was extremely intelligent and was a grad student. In some episodes, the writers would remember this and in some episodes, she would just be a shallow materialistic trust fund baby.
>>
>>93268996
>Amy's a bit of a slut
Leela will literally date anyone that doesn't come across as a weirdo within the first five minutes and doesn't gawk at her eye. Fry could've hooked up with Leela early on in the series before she got a feel for his personality.
Both girls are easy, but then again this is a cartoon.
>>
>>93273655
>has cheated on Kif multiple times

I don't remember any of them except for when she banged Zap in one of the movies.
>>
>>93273701
Unironically ship this
>>
When did Fry start to pine for Leela? he thought she was attractive enough but when did he actually "fall in love" i felt like it came out later into the run of the show
>>
>>93275700
In the new episode the made her smart.
In the old one she was dumb as fry. She only went to university because her parents own that place.
>>
>>93276150
She had something with Bender in the newer seasons.
>>
File: best ship.jpg (265KB, 1024x769px) Image search: [Google]
best ship.jpg
265KB, 1024x769px
>>93275485
ye
>>
>>93268996
before the new season it was okay-ish, but afterwards it was garbage. The writers squeezed some good moments out of Fry with the ridiculous lengths he'd go through to win over Leela, but it'd be better if she was actually worth all that effort. Then again Fry is an idiot, so maybe that was the joke.
>>
File: IMG_0531.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0531.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
God we need more Futurama threads on /co/. Anyone remember when Futurama aired on adult swim, and they used to air it with those comfy af bumps?
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>93273701
>>93273559
>>
>>93268996
The show would have been much better without the relationship
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.