[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/co/ why are all superheroes these days in a relationship, why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

/co/ why are all superheroes these days in a relationship, why are there no single superheroes?
I mean, every current Marvel superhero has a love interest. Is a love interest truly necessary for a good story?
>>
>>93268432
People like romance.
>>
>>93268432
all the Green Lanterns are single and only a couple of them even have potential love interests atm
>>
>>93268453
It makes for inferior stories sometimes

>>93268488
What about Hal?
Isn't that pink bimbo his gf?
>>
>>93268549
No, they broke up years ago due to shitty writing and he hasn't had a new love interest or anything since
>>
>>93268549
So If you don't read comics, why are you complaining?
>>
>>93269490
I'm not really complaining, I just wanted to see /co/'s opinion, I hail from /tv/, I have no time to care for comics
>>
>>93269577
Characters without supporting casts tend to be less successful.

Superman has been able to hold his own book since your grandpa was your age because he has Lois and Perry and Jimmy and the Kents and a bunch of recurring villains to keep his world fleshed out and able to stand on its own.

Scarlet Witch can't hold a fucking book because the only life she has is hanging out with other Avengers.

Love interests are a part of that formula. You can only have so many parents or bosses or best friend characters just from a logistics point of view, romance is another slot like those are but even more important because that person would get the closest to the hero and give the audience more reason to invest in them emotionally, often becoming the deuteragonist.
>>
>>93269748
Note that this is also the core of why Trinity Shipping is a terrible idea.
>>
>>93268432
no idea
i have my ideas for it, just a single mom and child
lower level super shit, more focused on the mothers average day getting interrupted by small town crime when she has supes tier power (no flight or speed, just strength and durability)

i kinda liked more of the idea of getting away from wearing tights, but also not being able to stop every crime because your not near it. its also not your job, just something you could handle if your in the thick of it.
>>
>>93268432
Shippers, reddit and tumblr won. DC and Marvel are into pandering to reddit and tumblr nowadays.
>>
>>93269748
Great answer, I agree a lot on that, the side characters truly do make the MC. I guess I sometimes feel love interests are forced a lot of times, but still, as you said, there are only so many parents and bosses and friends you can make
>>
>>93269886
Manhunter was a street level book about a single mom, it was pretty great
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.