[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the chances of Transformers The last knight turning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 22

File: tfm-5-final-poster.jpg (656KB, 1384x2048px) Image search: [Google]
tfm-5-final-poster.jpg
656KB, 1384x2048px
>new writers
>new cinematographers
>streamlined robot designed
>call back to previous films
shit might end up being really good
>>
It will probably be ok as far as popcorn action flicks go

And even if it were great, Transformers always seems to be the black sheep of nerd crap anyway so people who aren't into Transformers will dismiss/hate it regardless. As much of a meme as it is, I do in fact think they are onto something with the whole "people don't relate to robots", because for fuck's sake, as much as people bitch about these movies they've brought more money and attention to the franchise than anything since it's inception from normies, while others tend to just not give a damn about a robot centric franchise
>>
If by 'call back' you mean complete ignore the continuity of the previous films, then sure.

>Bumblebee was somehow on Earth during WW2.

It'll be the exact same as every other film.
>>
>>93264257
Absolutely zero. Are you fucking retarded? It is a goddamned MICHAEL BAY movie.
>>
>>93264376
DUDE ITS MICHAEL BAY XD HE IS TOTES TEH SUCK KILLED MUH CHILDHOOD
>>
>>93264257

Are you kidding? Fanfags will ALWAYS find reasons to complain about every movie
>>
>>93264376
he did Pain and Gain which was kino as fuck
>>
>>93264257
There are still humans, so no.
>>
High. This will likely be a return to form for Bay. Where as past Transformers films were made specifically to earn huge dividends at the box off, they were also a means for gauging audience reception. A highly lucrative series of experiments. But expiraments none the less. Bay has taken note of what works and what doesnt and I think he's finally ready to unleash the fruits of his labor.
>>
>>93264257

It's still going to be 45 minutes too long and spend a third of the dialogue on Bay's Carrot Top level of humor.

The guy has made a grand total of two watchable movies his entire career, I don't think he's somehow going to wake up tomorrow and become an amazing storyteller.
>>
>>93264257
None now fuck off /tv/ and take your shitty memes with you
>>
>>93264541
shut up hothead
>>
>>93264436
DUDE LE DIRECTOR OF THE TRANSFORMERS MOVIES AND PEARL HARBOR IS TOTALLY FREAKIN EPIC! LE UPBOAT FOR YOU FELLOW REDDITOR!
>>
File: get out and stay out.jpg (51KB, 500x399px) Image search: [Google]
get out and stay out.jpg
51KB, 500x399px
>>93264376

>The Rock
>Pain and Gain

>Not Kino.

Get Out.
>>
It has no chance of being good, none of the Transformers movies are good.
I just want to see if it can top itself by somehow being worse than 4.
>>
>>93264819
I don't even know how to begin to respond to such a moronic post, but I can tell you're not a Transformers fan, and thus don't belong in this thread

Fuck off back to /tv/ if all you know of the Transformers is that Michael Bay directed the movies, nobody here on /co/ cares about your try hard mimic wanna be film snob/film school opinions
>>
>>93264337
>>Bumblebee was somehow on Earth during WW2.

so? For all we know is that Bumblebee arrived on earth long before other bots of Primes team.
>>
>>93264866
>implying Transformers fans like Bayshit

I realize you were born after Michael Bay took a steaming shit on the franchise but don't embarrass yourself like this.
>>
>>93264257
I'll watch it because I love the visuals, and for fucking french Hot Rod, but it won't be anything high quality plot-wise.

But then, it's hard to get worse than the long boring segments of "please let me commit statutory rape on your daughter" from the last one.
>>
Does it have catman struthers as the voice of jazz? No? DROPPED, now fuck off.
>>
>>93264887
The franchise was hardly a masterpiece to begin with.
>>
>>93264829

Pain and Gain would be great if it didn't have his awful sense of humor.

>dude look Rebel Wilson loves black cock lmao

>dude this priest wants to fuck The Rock lmao

>dude look at these gigantic fake tits lmao

He's the least funny director in Hollywood.
>>
>>93264887
>I realize you were born after Michael Bay took a steaming shit on the franchise but don't embarrass yourself like this.
My Transformers fandom started with the G1 toys I had in my earliest years of conscious life in the late 80s, literally been a fan my whole life.

>>implying Transformers fans like Bayshit
Transformers fans have dealt with worse media in the past, not that you'd know since all you know of the franchise is Bayformers.
>>
>>93264257
>same director

no
>>
>>93264927
I sort of feel ashamed that I laughed at the dildo jokes in that film.
>>
File: marky mark gun.jpg (42KB, 852x422px) Image search: [Google]
marky mark gun.jpg
42KB, 852x422px
>>93264927

China Fucking Crap was funny when you remember Vietnam Fucking Shit.

How does absolute mad man Marky Mark get away with it all.
>>
>>93264944
>literally been a fan my whole life.
Then you must be cripplingly retarded because the Bay movies are objective garbage with no redeeming features. They barely have anything to do with the franchise, they have some of the absolute worst mecha designs in history, and they damn sure aren't good at being movies.

People like you deserve to die.
>>
>>93264963

There's some good bits with just the actors(Whalburgers yelling at kids, Tony Shaloub being off the fucking chain) but every time Bay wants to do a bit or a sketch in a film it makes me want to die.

Also he's a 40 year old man who still thinks gay panic jokes are funny. Like, he doesn't even construct a JOKE out of it, it's always just "lol these guys are straight but they're saying things that sound gay" over and over again. I'm not some prude who needs my jokes spit-shined to cleanliness, but he's been telling the same joke for 25 years and it's never ever been funny.
>>
No fuck these movies. The first is kind of a guilty pleasure (it's at least manageable to tell the bots apart) and I guess it sort of 'revived' the TF franchise in the west. We probably wouldn't have gotten TFA or TFP without it. But thinking about the rest and how this is what people now think of by the mention of "Transformers" makes my ass hurt. A lot.
>>
>>93264996
>mecha
Transformers isn't mecha, non TF fan. Please fuck off back to /tv/ you normie fake nerd piece of shit who's literally never watched a TF show.
>>
>>93264944
>Transformers fans have dealt with worse media in the past
Not on this scale. These movies make billions and attract huge crowds of normies, unlike previous shitty incarnations.
>>
>>93265149
Problem? More money for Hasbro means more TF media for the fandom, unlike say Jem, G.I Joe, etc, and other Hasbro IPs that have largely become irrelevant

Hasbro owns fucking Monopoly and makes all kinds of other shit, if Transformers stopped making money you wouldn't have shit to be a fan of anymore period
>>
File: u cheeky cunt.jpg (17KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
u cheeky cunt.jpg
17KB, 320x320px
>We'll never get a movie where Shia recruits the Autobots to protect a They Will Not Divide Us Flag from /pol/
>>
Pretty low chance to be kino but I'll watch it, enjoy it, then call it garbage.

Hell, I liked Age of Extinction despite it being one of the worst movies of all time.
>>
>>93265253
Yeah, who cares? Normies didn't give a fuck about TF before, now a bunch of them are throwing money at the franchise, ensuring more shows, comics, games and toys for us. If Bay-formers had suddenly taken over the whole thing, I could see the problem, but it hasn't. At best some of the designs and plot points in Animated and Prime are connected to the first movie.
>>
kino?
>>
>>93264313
>It will probably be ok as far as popcorn action flicks go

This and only this. The disregard they show towards the continuity of the previous movies is reason to expect the script and plot to be meh at best; that doesn't mean they aren't entertaining. DSotM was unexpectedly good for me.
>>
>>93265340
Right? Ok, so Bayformers is makes it's money of normies, who gives a fuck. I'm all for Transformers having a version of it pander to normies if that means the brand stays alive, because it fucking wouldn't otherwise, let's be honest. And fuck that's how all major Hollywood films work, the majority of people who care about capeshit movies don't know jack shit about the comics and don't realize how they bastardize them half the time, but THAT'S OKAY.
>>
>>93265284
I kinda miss Shia at this point. The fact that he seemed to base his entire identity and self worth around the fact that he was the special one who knew the Transformers would have made for an interesting yet sad story to watch as he slowly becomes less and less relevant to the events taking place
>>
>>93264257
>>Kino
Please go back to /tv/ and stay there. We don't need you shitters spreading your memes to this board.
>>
>>93266217
Say it with me
O P T I M U S ! ! ! !
>>
>>93264257
>What are the chances of Transformers The last knight turning out to be kino?
I'd sya that chances are whatever you want since "kino" is just a made up /tv/ meme.
>>
>>93264257
I kinda just want to see it just because it might be the best King Arthur movie of 2017.
>>
>>93264887
Plenty of us do.

And befor you ask im 28
>>
>>93265335
Please its not even the worst movie in the franchise
>>
>>93267267
I'd say it's second worst . But yeah if anybody thinks any of these movies qualifies for "worst movies of all time", they really have not watched many movies at all and are probably limited to blockbuster films from the late 00s and onward
>>
The people who leaked shit about it said it's better than the first, and the first was pretty good for an action movie
>>
File: 1490804282256.jpg (25KB, 303x321px) Image search: [Google]
1490804282256.jpg
25KB, 303x321px
>>93266578
yeah right because you niggers have shitty tumblr memes to spread across
>>
>>93264257
No.
>>
>>93264443
Not to mention, this is Transformers we're talking about, practically the king of the easilly pissed off fandoms.

They'll find ways to hate it even if they try too hard to do so like they do with every series.
>>
I hope when the next Transformers flick comes out like in 2-3 years it has a better director than Bay
>>
>>93268152
In my experience, most actual Transformers fags either ignore or accept the movies for being dumb fun. It's usually people who have no care or knowledge for the franchise at all who get most pissed at it just because hating Bay has become a meme
>>
>kino meme spout.
I think you should fuck off back to plebbit.
>>
>>93264257
Well since KINO is always attached to terrible movies, it's very likely
>>
>Ancient Aliens
>Stone Henge is a beacon
Oh, how original.
>>
>>93264257
No, not because it's Bay's Transformers, it's because kino is a retard concept
>>
>>93268606
>le shit post baity memefrog poster ;)
>>
File: sad piece of shit.png (560KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
sad piece of shit.png
560KB, 1275x1650px
This is a sad thread I don't even want to Shockwave post in it
>>
>>93268152
Fucking this.

There are so manylittle cliques and subfandoms in this franchise theres only one thing every one agrees on and its that kiss players was shit
>>
>>93269425
Can you confirm we all think Energon was shit too? Otherwise I don't think I can sleep peacefully tonight.
>>
File: 20394990.png (597KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
20394990.png
597KB, 625x625px
>>93269374
Is it be possible to un-sad a thread by posting Shockwaves?
>>
>>93269489
Energins tricky

Its objectivly shit but it has a few redeeming qualities
>>
>>93269594
*energon
>>
>>93264257
I just want to see how hammy Anthony Hopkins gets.
>>
>>93264257
>>call back to previous films
>This is listed as something good and desirable
>>
>>93269734
I like contiunity sue me

The big murder machine specicaly targeting past battlefeilds and important locations of the transformers in order to wipe away their existence makes for some hype imagery

I hope they take out hoover dam
>>
>>93264465
And he got all confused cause his intention was that it was a dead serious film and he couldn't understand why people thought it wasn't.
>>
>>93269806
>I hope they take out Hoover Dam

They do
>>
>>93264867
Or got tricked into leaving it and came back with everyone else in TF1.
>>
Critics are already hating it.
>>
>>93272044
No one on /co/ cares save for console war faggots
>>
>>93270044
>>
File: Transformers-movieposter-west.jpg (140KB, 300x457px) Image search: [Google]
Transformers-movieposter-west.jpg
140KB, 300x457px
>>93272044
Critics also hated this, the thing, if anything, that is agreed upon by most of the very fractured TF fandom as being good and nearly universally enjoyed by all more than anything else

Since when do TF fans care about critics? We're a niche group and always have been
>>
>>93264257
Not great but not awful

happily ever after
>>
>>93272044
>Critics

Who gives a fuck? Form your own opinion on the movies you watch
>>
I still don't know what kino means.

This legitimately looks like it might be the best one yet in regards to treating the robots as actual characters.

Whether Joe Q. Public will care, who knows.
>>
>>93264376

Michael Bay is a director I'm actually willing to defend to a degree. He made some genuinely good movies and while the Transformers movies aren't really among those he still manages to put his unique directorial stamp on them rather than making them look and feel like any other generic action movies. He has very clear stylistic sensibilities that, while juvenile, gives his work a distinctive look and feel that is pretty unique and recognizable and if you share some of his interests like sports cars, violence and hot women (and if you're a man there's a chance you will) you're gonna get some enjoyment out of his films.

I genuinely love Pain and Gain, The Rock and the Bad Boys movies and I stand by that.
>>
>>93264337
>>Bumblebee was somehow on Earth during WW2.
We don't even know when Bumble bee came to earth
>>
>>93272709

Unless you count the comics. But I doubt anyone does.
>>
It comes a month later in my country, someone spoil the whole movie plz
>>
File: 7345987394.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
7345987394.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>Go to watch Transformers movie
>Ghetto jokes, robo scrotum, stereotypes, grey cgi blobs fighting, horrible acting

Uninroically one of the worst summer blockbusters I ever made the mistake of watching and I assure you the new one will not save it
Give me (1) piece Transformers media that will change my mind about this franchise
>>
File: 1493848281576.png (317KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
1493848281576.png
317KB, 500x322px
>>93272851
Bumblebee becomes our lord and savior: Lemonpuff Prime
>>
>>93272930

Beast Wars.
>>
>>93272210
I thought dotm was a legitmatley good movie how dose it compare
>>
>>93272816
Non cannon>>93272930
>>
>>93272930
An anon is currently storytimming the entire idw run starting with furmans run check it out
>>
>>93272930
There's a surprisingly rabid group of bayformer fans who keep spouting about how everyone's going to be surprised when Last Knight turns out to be kino

This exact thread has been made before, multiple times, where they keep implying that LK is somehow going to break the trend of the series being a bloated mess
>>
>>93272930
>Give me (1) piece Transformers media that will change my mind about this franchise
Nope, sorry, we're full.
>>
>>93273043
Every single Bayformers movie gets threads here, this isn't anything new. News flash...Transformers fans are more than the average normie who watched it for five seconds in their youth and then forgot about it but still acts like the authority on the subject, some of us actually have an interest in the brand at large and it isn't a new or surprising thing
>>
File: HIDF.jpg (35KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
HIDF.jpg
35KB, 325x325px
>>93264257
>>93264443
>>93267053
>>93267602
>>93272175
>>93272213
>"No no it's not bad, it's the film of the year so you should buy all the toys and see the film multiple times."
Nobody's falling for your marketing lies. Kill yourself.
>>
>>93273186
What the fuck are you going on about?
I know that Transformers is more than just the handful of shitty Michael Bay schlock, I'm specifically talking about the people who keep insisting that the The Last Knight is somehow going to be anything other than trash

If anything, the group of bayformers fans who keep pushing it on /co/ with threads like this are the normies who watched it for five seconds in their youth. They don't realize that there's much better Transformers media out there, and care more about shit exploding than they actually do about Transformers in general.
>>
>>93267408
No matter what I will always say Age of extinction was better than Dark of The Moon. AoE didn't have a Victoria Secret model calling Megatron a bitch as a major plot point.
>>
>>93273207
You have autism.
>>93273327
>I know that Transformers is more than just the handful of shitty Michael Bay schlock
Are you? Somehow I doubt it
> I'm specifically talking about the people who keep insisting that the The Last Knight is somehow going to be anything other than trash
You don't get the fandom if you don't get the level that some people appreciate these movies on, nobody expects it to be high art....ever
> They don't realize that there's much better Transformers media out there
Hah, like what wise guy? How long have you been a TF fan? How many toys you got? You've watched every series? Invested in the comics? You give off super casual vibes with how pissed you are at Bayformers, I've never met a legitimate Transformers fan who was angry about Bayformers
>>
>>93273327
>Much more better Transformers media out there

Like what? The G1 movie that's only praised because of nostalgia? Stop pretending Michael Bay has ever done anything to shit on the Transformers franchise. It's never been good
>>
>>93272948
that thread was fun
>>
>>93273327
>no true scotaman falacy

Nigga iam as hardcore as they come id id still rate the movies as top teir withinnthe scope of the franchise
>>
>>93273721
*scotsman
>>
>>93273678
>Like what? The G1 movie that's only praised because of nostalgia? Stop pretending Michael Bay has ever done anything to shit on the Transformers franchise. It's never been good
Not the guy you're responding to, but I have to disagree with you as well. Transformers has been good to varying degrees, including G1 and Bayformers and everything in between. That being said you're right, Michael Bay didn't do anything but HELP the Transformers brand, and people who don't understand this just don't get Transformers
>>
>>93273721
Bruh the person I was responding to is pulling the I'VE NEVER MET A ~LEGITIMATE~ TRANSFORMERS FAN WHO WAS ANGRY ABOUT BAYFORMERS card
He's the one saying only casual shitters don't like the movies, he's the only one trying to play the elitist no true scotsman card, so don't get pissy at me

>>93273412
>nobody expects it to be high art....ever
There's multiple people in this tread, OP included, claiming it's going to be legit kino. Retard.
>>
>>93274128
>There's multiple people in this tread, OP included, claiming it's going to be legit kino. Retard.
"Kino" is a meme and people here use it mockingly, if you actually consider that term seriously or with any weight you need to neck yourself promptly and go the fuck back to /tv/
>>
>>93273352
>AoE didn't have a Victoria Secret model calling Megatron a bitch as a major plot point.
That was gay, but overall I think DSOTM was a bettermovie.

I'm also a conspiracy fag so maybe I'm biased to the storyline, but I really liked it, plus Soundwave and Laserbeak were actually characters who did things, that alone makes it better than most of the movies for me
>>
>>93275357
>DSOTM
Fail, DOTM*
I'm kind of drunk
>>
>>93264257
>they made a Mark IV bot
>decided to make him a comic relief for a shitty Altzheimer gag
No, it might not.
>>
>>93275357
>plus Soundwave and Laserbeak were actually characters who did things, that alone makes it better than most of the movies for me

And the Autobots in AoE felt like an actual crew to me. Hound literally taking off his hat in memory of Leadfoot makes it better than ROTF or DOTM to me, where Optimus' dead body is tossed around like scrapmetal and Ironhide's death is unaddressed.
>>
>>93264257
>kino
Get out and stay out, Armond White.
>>
>>93275892
>Optimus' dead body is tossed around like scrapmetal

That was supposed to make you angry, though.
>>
>>93275357
>DSOTM

funny enough the Japanese release of the movie is called Dark Side Moon.
>>
>>93272044
Good. It was to be expected though- Bay had never made a movie that wasn't unmitigated trash.
>>
>>93272213
I've seen other movies Bay has made. They were bad. That faggot isn't getting my fucking money.
>>
>>93272584
>Michael Bay is a director I'm actually willing to defend to a degree.

Imagine being this retarded.
>>
>>93272930
The 80s Transformers Movie
>>
>>93273043
I wonder what causes people to become rabid fans of things that genuinely suck
>>
>>93277291
Just ask any geewunner.
>>
>>93277313

Bayniggers and gewunner are so alike it's almost comical.
>>
>>93277100
> Bay has never made a movie that wasn't shit
Transformers 2007
Pain and Gain
The Rock
Bad Boys
13 Hours
>>
>>93277100
>>93277165
>>93277219

Is Geewunner triggered that Unicron is earth?
>>
>>93277356
Are you trying to prove him wrong?
>>
>>93269533
I really wanna say dubs of truth but its just a circlejerk of Bayshills and bayhaters in here. The logical winning move is not to play
>>
>>93277474
Yup. Those are all good movies
>>
>>93277001
But its treated as such by everyone. No one is rally upset optimus is dead, no real mourning is done, no honor. The autobots kind of awkwardly stand around as they keep his body around. Its just the most notable part of the Autobots being non-characters or dehumanized in the movie to me,except Skids and Mudflap who everyone hated.
>>
File: The Last Knight.jpg (64KB, 696x464px) Image search: [Google]
The Last Knight.jpg
64KB, 696x464px
Spoilers have begun leaking.

In Space, Optimus Prime is captured and brainwashed by his sister Quintessa. Meanwhile, on Earth, Cade Yeager (Mark Wahlberg) and the Autobots are being hunted by the Transformers Response Force, led by a reluctant Major William Lennox (Josh Duhamel). Cade befriends teenage inventor Izzy (Isabella Moner) and meets Sir Edmund Burton (Anthony Hopkins), who reveals that the Transformers helped King Arthur build Camelot and that Merlin's staff is a Cybertronian device of great power that only Cade can retrieve because he's the last descendant of King Arthur. Burton hires historian Vivian Wembley (Laura Haddock) to help Cade. Megatron also wants the staff and joins forces with TRF to get it, but then betrays them.

Optimus arrives on Earth with the remains of Cybertron in order to restore it by assimilating Earth. Bumblebee fights Optimus and breaks him free. Optimus then joins the Autobots and the humans to fight both Megatron and Quintessa's army, the Infernocons. The Knights of Cybertron help them. Cybertron is destroyed for good and both Megatron and Quintessa escape. Optimus reunites with the Autobots, who are pardoned by the government, while Cade hooks up with Vivian, adopts Izzy and leaves with them to find his daughter Tessa, who is in hiding.

In a post-credits scene, Quintessa adopts a human form and reveals that Earth is actually Unicron and Cybertron's complete destruction has awakened him.
>>
>>93278141

Megatron's role in all of this makes literally no sense.
>>
>>93278141
>literally do the entire plot of DOTM all over again with the same goddamn ending

WRITER'S ROOM EVERYBODY!
>>
I've seen the other 4 on release night, going to be the same with this one. Can't wait until Tues.

Also, this Megatron is perfect.
>>
>>93278141
primefags will be happy with the last line?
>>
>>93278500
Whoa its Ultron!
>>
>>93278342
He wants Merlin's staff to rebuild Cybertron and approaches the government to help them capture Cade and kill the Autobots in exchange for them freeing the Decepticons they have under their custody, because Megatron wants his old team back. It's implied he is somehow connected to Quintessa because he has the same red mark on his face that Optimus has after he gets brainwashed (and which vanishes when Bumblebee snaps him out of it).
>>
>>93268098
And you, webms of nigger cock
>>
>>93277356
Dark of the moon was better them the orginal though
>>
>>93278540

of course they didn't actaully explain the Galvatron to Megatron conenction in the movie proper.

Of course they didn't why did I even think they would do it.
>>
>>93264257
>call back to previous films

So we will finally know if Shia's character and the cool soldiers were all killed when the government took it against the autobots?
>>
>>93278141

Everything about this movie sounds bizarre and confusing and I don't think watching it will make it any better. The trailers looked like they were a part of a great story but all the spoilers make the movie sound bizarre, disjointed with no sense of direction, motivation or even basic plot.

I bet they had a really nice thight scrips but Bay being Bay didn't give a shit and just filmed random crap and stitched it together and called it a movie.
>>
>>93278581
I mean the only ones who called him halvatron were ksi

Even the autobots refer to him as megatron
>>
>>93278141
Oh well, it's not like I was actually expecting anything good.
>>
The movie is allegedly pretty entertaining despite the muddled backstory, though.
>>
>>93278677

Not really he shouts I AM GALVATRON but eh it's Bayformers I don't except such minor detail to be remembered by Bay.

I literally joked how he would just appear that way in the movie and Galvatron would NEVER be addressed and I ended up fucking right. Bay is a parody of himself.
>>
>>93278575
No it wasn't, who started this fucking meme? DOTM was not good.
>>
>>93278766
Yes it was, the second half at least anyways
>>
>>93278750
I cast aside the good/bad scale for movies long ago.
I operate on the entertaining/not entertaining scale now.
I blame my dad for raising me on B movies.
>>
>>93278766
Fuck you man

Thenplot was better

The fights were better

Optimus had a clear arc

Sams arc was better

Sentinel was a GOAT villian.

Soundwave got to do shit

Ironhides death was infinetly better then jazz

And are a ton of legitmatley good scences as far as shot compostion and music score.

And i can go on
>>
>>93278850
>The fights were better

No they weren't you fucking nigger. The forest fight is literally the pinnacle of Bayformers no other fight came NEAR it.
>>
File: FatBallerina.jpg (395KB, 1400x864px) Image search: [Google]
FatBallerina.jpg
395KB, 1400x864px
>>93272175
>Since when do TF fans care about critics?
Never. That's why I decided for myself after ROTF that it could only go downhill from here. Didn't see Bark at the moon because it ended up like ROTF in that Megatron became second banana to the real villain (Sentinel) AGAIN. Then AOE happened, which made me lose faith in humanity because Kelsey Grammar somehow managed to convince the world that transformers need to be purged or some dumb shit. and now Last Knight is happening and it pretty much proves Frasier right, so why should I care?

Only good things to come out of the movies are pic related and Crosshairs. And even then I only say this because I'm a faggot who thinks there need to be more green autobots.
>>
>>93278750
That's literally I care about when it comes to blockbusters.
>Good action
>Good visuals
>Good music

Who gives a fuck about the rest, as long as it isn't insultingly bad
>>
>>93278871
True but that was ROTF you mongoloid.

Dotm was miles ahead of TF1
>>
>>93278955
>Dotm was miles ahead of TF1

No
>>
>>93278850
>Thenplot was better
The idea was cool, but I wouldn't say it was any better. The idea of Megatron partnering with a pre-Optimus leader was cool, but shoehorning it into a "They were here before!" thing was unneeded.

>The fights were better
I guess. I feel like 07 has the most iconic fight moments, though. Starscream getting killed by humans was just embarrassing, though, even if he wasn't "Starscream"

>Optimus had a clear arc
Which was what? I wouldn't really call him deciding to kill MEgatron and Sentinel an actual arc. He doesn't struggle with the idea the entire movie. It just happens. Which is why people are so conflicted on how sudden and brutal it is(personally, I do not mind.)

>Sams arc was better
Sam's arc in the first movie was perfectly reasonable and made sense. In 3 he's effectively window dressing and is just there because its a sequel, the same basic plot could've happened without him. The shoehorned love story which was clearly shoehorned last minute when Meagan Fox got dropped is clumsy and insulting to the audience when you consider we went through two movies and years of publicity with her.

>Sentinel was a GOAT villian.
I did like him.

>Soundwave got to do shit
He was overshadowed by his own minion.

>Ironhides death was infinetly better then jazz
Jazz was actually acknowledged, though. Ironhide goes three movies and then gets written out like some background mook. It was shameful.
>>
>>93279062
Lets compare scenes

TF1

https://youtu.be/7JK9weTYGiU

DoTM

https://youtu.be/84REuP_kh5I

Notice how in the second the camera is steady and we can actualy keep track of the action?
>>
File: Megatron.jpg (53KB, 645x370px) Image search: [Google]
Megatron.jpg
53KB, 645x370px
Random tidbits of information.

Nicola Peltz returns as Tessa in the form of pictures and a voicemail and is referenced throughout the movie.

John Turturro has a cameo as Simmons. Apparently he placed himself in Witness Protection Program after the Autobots were branded outlaws.

Tyrese Gibson's return as Epps was announced but apparently all of his scenes were cut.

Stanley Tucci returns but not as Joshua. He plays Merlin in the prologue.

Izzy fixes Bumblebee's voice box, but he can't speak with his regular voice until the fight with Optimus. Hearing Bumblebee's voice is what breaks Optimus out of his trance.

Hot Rod is Bumblebee's best friend and they've been on Earth since the 1940's. Hot Rod speaks with a French accent, which he hates, but is unable to change.

None of the Autobots die except for Izzy's friend Canopy. All of the Decepticons die except for Megatron and (maybe) Barricade. However, this time all the Decepticons get to speak.

No references to Sideswipe and Dino, but Topspin and Wheelie make cameo appearances, apparently.

Quintessa is not the Transformers' creator and is referred as being "the Prime Lifegiver".

The Cybertronian Knights combine to form Dragonstorm, the three-headed dragon, which Optimus rides into battle against the Infernicons. Grimlock and Slug are also the only returning Dinobots.
>>
>>93279215
Well if you're going to compare fight scenes you should've used Ironhide and Sideswipes mexican standoff.
>>
>>93279305
......I did
>>
File: 30kejwn.jpg (462KB, 1035x834px) Image search: [Google]
30kejwn.jpg
462KB, 1035x834px
>>93279235
>Nicola returns
Shown in a tv spot
>Simmons
Shown in a tv spot
>Epps
This one I'm actually waiting for a reason
>Stanley Tucci returns
Apparently so.
>Bee's voice
I'm wondering who voices him.
>Hot Rod
Lot of this has been shown in the cinemacon footage
>Deaths
MY BOY'S STILL A SCHRODINGER'S CAT
>Cameos
Both of the wreckers apparently. and Wheelie was seen in a tv spot.
>Quintessa
Rather interesting. The spoiler men have been telling it as "Queen Douche version of Solus Prime"
>The Knights and Dragonstorm
Yeah it's been seen in the international trailer
>Dinobots
No Scorn but he has a new toy mold.
What a tweest
>>
>>93279388
>I'm wondering who voices him.

The sound editor of the movie, apparently.
>>
>>93279235
>None of the Autobots die

Really? All leaks until now have said either Drift and Hound both die or just Hound does
>>
>>93279337
Oh wait nevermind I thought the cliup was just the highway chase. Fun fact, that chase was reused footage of another Michael Bay film.

I especially like how different the two clips are. In the first we see a monster battle and you can sense the weight and destruction between Bee and Barricade even through they fought in a deserted area. I still think ROTF's extended forest fight is the peak of the Bayverse's fight scenes right next to Sentinel vs Prime
>>
ITT Brad Walker wanna be tells us all how he's the biggest TF fan but hates all TF media

Art fags must die
>>
>>93279443
They reused footage of one part of the chase because an extra got injured in the actual stuff they filmed
>>
>>93279413
Hah, reminds me of Phoenix Wright.
>>93279436
That's because of three reasons
>Drift was never shown in any of the TV spots and trailers prior to today, to which he was shown killling Onslaught

>Hound was shown fighting Megatron and getting sword whipped by his back. The presence of Hot Rod conjured the joke that he's there to make things worse once more for fan favorites.

>Drift's VA had cancer. HAD.
>>
>>93279215
Those two scenes have completely different intentions, though. The Bee vs. barricade fight is the first TF vs TF fight we see, and its hectic and confusing because we're meant to feel like Sam, who is just a spectator to this and has no idea what's going on. Its not really meant to focus on Bumblebee, but Sam. Where as, the second clip is from where we're more familiar with the concept and the robot characters are allowed to be seen in full, wit h he focus on them.

You'd be better off comparing Optimus vs. Bonecrusher or Optimus vs. Megatron from the first movie, scenes actually meant to focus on the robots.
>>
>>93279151
>The idea was cool, but I wouldn't say it was any better.

Tge acts are structured better and the emotional moments are better earned.

>I guess. I feel like 07 has the most iconic fight moments

Maybe Starscream wrecking shit, But i think Ops going HAM and the MExican standoff top it

>Which was what?

Optimus coming to terms with his guilt, and the mistakes he makes, Letting the war get as bad as it did, not seeing Sentinel for what he was, allowing his mistakes to hurt eath and humanit.

His execution is a very firm, statment of "No more".

>Sam's arc

Sam's arc not being super related to the plot, is actualy the point. It's him dealing with his dwindeling importance, and realizing whats really important in life. It makes his descion to firmly walk away from everything Poingant.

>Soundwave

True but his bits were still great.

>Jazz gets a half second mention, and goes out like a jobber, Ironhide gets a string of truly badass moments, and his death was a genuine surprise (my theater Gasped)
>>
>>93279600
The problem though with the movies is the lack of focus as even DOTM doesn't shy away from focusing on humans killing off most of the Decepticons even though Bay had shown that he's gotten used to filming empty air for CG use later on. Ironhide did have that fight scene so people would be shocked at his death one minute later.
>>
I've heard that the effects are the best since Avatar, which is good
>>
>>93278581
>>93278764

I'm sort of upset that he seems to actually be Galvatron. I was hoping they'd do a split; Galvatron being the conscious, and Megatron being the actual spark, somehow reborn. I actually do have some faith we'll see some explanation as to how he was reborn as Megatron. The new writers room seems into the lore, and while I'm sure the idea of them actually caring about the story will get some jabs, bare in mind that the whole movie is using plot set up from the past movies. I dow onder if his whole "sparkless" nature will be addressed, though.

Moreover, I wonder just what period Megatron's "crew" is from, since he seems to want them back. Decepticons from ROTF-DOTM? or ones he created as Galvatron?
>>
>>93279773
The recent commercial showed that his new crew was captured by the human forces, meaning they're likely DOTM soldiers who had been caught by the TRF instead of the KSI mercenaries.
>>
>>93279773
>The new writers room seems into the lore

It doesn't matter. They can writer what they want BAY is going to take out his dick, piss on the script and just films the scenes he thinks are cool and forget about all of the rest.

That's why these movies are so bad. It's literally all money shots with NO connecting shot between them. Because bay is unable to tell a story, he's only able to blow shit up.
>>
>>93279627
>the emotional moments are better earned.
...what emotional moments?

> But i think Ops going HAM and the MExican standoff top it

Optimus going "HAM" at this point is so frequent its gotten cheapened. The MExican standoff is always brought up, but while its cool, I wouldn't say its memorable. I feel like its mainly due to fans liking Ironhide and Sideswipe a lot(or rather, their designs and the idea of them)

>Optimus coming to terms with his guilt, and the mistakes he makes, Letting the war get as bad as it did, not seeing Sentinel for what he was, allowing his mistakes to hurt eath and humanit.

Was that really an arc, though? A lot of that happens within the span of a few seconds.

Jazz gets a half second mention, and goes out like a jobber, Ironhide gets a string of truly badass moments, and his death was a genuine surprise (my theater Gasped)

And Ironhide gets no mention, and gets shot in the fucking back. How is that a better death? His namesake has one of the most iconic deaths in transformers ever, too.
>>
>>93279878
>They can writer what they want BAY is going to take out his dick, piss on the script and just films the scenes he thinks are cool and forget about all of the rest.
>That's why these movies are so bad. It's literally all money shots with NO connecting shot between them. Because bay is unable to tell a story, he's only able to blow shit up.

Well, its his last movie,and he seems to mean it this time. The bumblebee movie is about to be filmed and he's not directing it.
>>
>>93279906
>Well, its his last movie,and he seems to mean it this time

It's not. That's why bargaining tactic. He says it's his last movie, Paramount doens't care.

Paramount goes to shit because everything flops but Bayformers make bajillion trillion dollars.

Paramounts gives Bay MORE money to come back because they are shitting their pants that if a Transformers movie flop they are going under.

It's a fucking Machiavellian strategy to get more money out of each movie it's actually fucking brilliant.
>>
>>93278141
Holy fucking shit this is terrible, the worst part being that since unicron is the earth we won't get to see him transform into his proper robot form. Actually, if you think about it, unicron awakening and transforming would mean the destruction of earth right? So they have to go underground to stop him from waking up and transforming, thing is, that's literally the plot of the first half of steven universe.
>>
>>93279880
I'm surprised Ironhide actually got moments almost as much as I was surprised they showed Optimus throwing a fit when Ratchet's head was shown to him. There's a lot of things to be disappointed int he movies but I guess to us long time fans we still stick around to see what happens next (for some reason )
>>
>>93280025
Let's be honest, if Unicron was an actual other planet they'll likely bullshit a giant cloud/head again like with Galactus and Dormamu or worse, make him into half the size of a Titan like Godzilla-tier. He'll disappoint either way because of his massive size.
>>
>>93280025
>thing is, that's literally the plot of the first half of steven universe.

Literally the plot of the first season of Transformers Prime, which came first, and has some relation to the plot of Beast Wars II. God I fucking hate casuals.
>>
>>93280070

They LITERALLY DID THE UNICRON STORYLINE in TLK except instead of Unicron eating a planet it was Cybertron trying to eat Earth and ends with Cybgertron getting nuked.

Doing the Unicron story would mean doing the same goddamn thing ALL OVER AGAIN
>>
>>93280078
I really didn't mind Unicron in Prime. At the very least it was a fresh take.
>>
>>93280078
Look anon, I hopped off the cartoons after transformers animated, whatever happened after that is unknown to me. Still read the comics though.
>>
>>93280121
That's true, I'm rather disappointed with what we'll get and it's likely gonna be Journey to the center of the earth x that TFP episode where they all find out about Unicron underground and they fight a bunch of Unicron clones.
>>
>>93279880
>What emotional moments

Of the top of my head

"What would you be without me prime"

"Time to find out"

>Memorable fights

Id say their still more memorable then most of TF1

>Was it an Arc

Yes as its pretty consistent through out the movie and carries over to AOE

>Ironhide

His death is a pivitol moment, for the film and. Sentinel, that means a ton more then Jazz's death which was and is still mocked for how abropt optimus moved on.

Ironhides death mean while is a Big tonal shift in the movie and argubly the franchise
>>
>>93280025
M-muh Geewun

Every time
>>
>>93280121
>Doing the Unicron story would mean doing the same goddamn thing ALL OVER AGAIN

This is the Franchise where we got a revelation that TRANSFORMERS HAVE BEEN ON EARTH BEFORE..sometime in the past and were used as the basis for modern technology
...and also in prehistory, early in mankind's development
...and also sometime during the spacerace
...and also the creators of the Transformers had been on Earth before humanity
...and also, they were around all throughout human history, as well!
>>
>>93280198

They will forget the Unicron plot just like how they forgot Galvatron.

Mark my words.
>>
>>93280238
They didnt forget them hes still there, he just took back his old name
>>
>>93280226
Well now I know why I think of Transformers when I play Assassin's Creed, and not because of the Optimus cameo.
>>
>>93280226
JUST LIKE

G1

G1Comics

Armada

Cybertron

IDW

TFP

And Beast Wars
>>
>bumblebee gets to be lead
i like it
>>
>>93264518
kek
>>
>>93280317
>>93280226
>>93280273
I wish they'd do Transformers in a different era nowadays. Victorian eraformers when?
>>
>>93280204
>"What would you be without me prime"
>"Time to find out"

Wouldn't really call that emotional.

>Id say their still more memorable then most of TF1

You say. but I think a lot of people will remember something like Optimus vs. bonecrusher way more, even if it isn't as nicely choreographed.I would agree that the fight scenes in DOTM are generally more impressive.

>His death is a pivitol moment, for the film and. Sentinel, that means a ton more then Jazz's death which was and is still mocked for how abropt optimus moved on.
>Ironhides death mean while is a Big tonal shift in the movie and arguably the franchise

There's some massive cognitive dissonance between your opinion of Ironhide's death and Jazz's, even though they were basically treated the same, which leads me to believe you're just biased because you probably like Ironhide a lot.

And no, it wasn't a big tonal shift for the franchise, Ratchet's death and Optimus' reaction was an actual big moment, Ironhide's death is just a big moment for fanboys like us, but nothing for your average person who has no real reason to care for him(a few gasps in a showing is just anecdotal evidence)
>>
>>93280367
I want WW2
>>
File: Hesbackbaby.webm (3MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Hesbackbaby.webm
3MB, 900x506px
Has anyone in this thread actually seen it? How's the action? Everything I've seen in the trailers looks pretty cohesive and a step up from the previous ones
>>
File: BumblebeeTLK.jpg (79KB, 810x1200px) Image search: [Google]
BumblebeeTLK.jpg
79KB, 810x1200px
>>93280380
>I want WW2
>>
>>93280317
Yes, it has its roots in past fiction. But all those stories didn't do that literally episode after episode. Ancient aliens is just bound to happen with Transformers, but the movie has done that for every single sequel now.
>>
>>93280386

haven't seen it but apparently the final act is basically ROTF all over again where a bunch of shit happens and you have NO IDEA what's happening who does what and who dies and who lives.

And then it ends.
>>
>>93280386
Spoilers from both /tv/ and the TF forums are adding up together.

Most of the discussion is about who lives, who dies and who Quintessa is. Less about wha tthe final fight is but apparently is DOTM tier with better camera angles.
>>
>>93280379
>Wouldnt Really Call that Emotional

It's a Line that perfectly sums up and caps off the relationship that Defines the franchise

How is it not.

>Ironhide's Death

Narativley thats The point the movies do change, The autbots lose the trust of the public, Optimus goes on a spiral, and not 4 minutes later a city gets masacered

As for bias. Jazz was my favorite as a kid, Still is. My argument is made from my own thoghts on the films,as ive been planning a Essay/ small blod on the films for a while
>>
>>93280439
>>93280478

Pretty conflicting here
>>
>>93280418
Like a full thing tho
>>
>>93280424
Yup which i would argue Is a theme at this point leading up to them litteraly wiping their past locales off the map
>>
>>93280615
Okay Imma let out three spoilers
>The "no idea who lives and who dies" part is for Barricade and Nitro only
>The final battle is mixed because both spoiler-givers aren't telling a lot in terms of Megatron in the final act but they confirm that he lives
>Most of the Decepticons die before the final act. Only Barricade has an uncertain fate or at least the two spoiler givers don't say how he's defeated
>>
>>93280681
Hoover Dam and the Star Harvester/ Pyramids are confirmed to be destroyed by Cybertron assimilating Earth
>>
>>93280596
But Optimus and Megatron don't have that relationship in the movies. This isn't IDW where they have long, civil discussions. Megatron was gone for hundreds of years, back for a few hours, dead, then back for another 4 or so. Optimus got along just fine, and he was more concerned with Shockwave early on than Megatron. Megatron' line is a vapid attempt at poignance.

As far as toneshift, I'd say Laserbeak actually contributed more to that. His murders are some of the darkest moments in the franchise, and him killing off the gag character played by Ken Jeong was more overt in showing it wasn't just going to be fun and games, and even the silly human stuff wasn't safe anymore
>>
>>93280906
Megatron and optimus relationship is the cause of the war thats canon, and theyninteract with eachother more then any one else and thats ignoring all yhe implied bagage

>laserbeak

That was still just build up though a momwnt that happend to the fragile humans not the autobots

Laserbeak menacing them is no diffrent then frenzy doing it
>>
>>93282273
Well Lazerbeak talked in a menacing way, Frenzy mostly murdered in defense and hadn't done much besides stripping Sam naked and relaying information to Barricade.
>>
>>93278141
This is fake just so everyone knows
The trailers show Megatron fighting Megatron while having purple eyes so he's still under control
Moners character is not an inventor, she's a street orphan
>>
>>93282512
>Optimus fighting Megatron
not Megatron fighting Megatron, jeez. I should sleep
>>
>>93282512
Optimus fights Megatron under control, Megatron escapes then comes back after Optimus has been cured for round two.

And she is an inventor or mechanic or whatever. We've seen her fix Bumblebee, make makeshift weapons and I'm pretty sure she's supposed to have built Squeeks.
>>
>>93280367

Look up Hearts of Steel.
>>
>>93287178
Well no toys though.
>>
>>93287480
Look up Mastermind Creations Knight Morpher
They did Optimus (in a few different colours)
Shockwave and the Seekers
>>
>>93273207
Are you really gonna sit there and tell me King Arthur: The Legend of the Sword was anything besides pure dogshit? Because in comparison to that, this will probably be a better King Arthur movie despite most likely barely having much to do with it.
>>
>>93287730
/tv/ actually pretends King Arthur was a good movie
>>
File: dinobots_0.jpg (1MB, 1500x638px) Image search: [Google]
dinobots_0.jpg
1MB, 1500x638px
Can someone tell how much Dinobots I can expect in this movie?
>>
>>93290497
Literally two and a half.
>>
If the leaks are true, this shit is pretty mediocre for some writers room 2 year bunker group.

>Cade is the last knight
>Quintessa is a prime and somehow a quintesson
>Cogman does not headmaster in the movie.
>All cons except megs and barricade die.
>No autobot death
>Unicron is earth.
>Bee talks at the very end to snap prime out of mind control.
>>
>>93291168
>>Unicron is earth.
You realize that's just taking from Prime, right
Idk why people are acting like that surprising
>>
>>93291233
hence why i said mediocre anon.
>>
>>93291233
Its not surprising, its absolute pure pottery. We've been hating on the dumb things from the films that made it into the shows and now one of the dumbest things from the TFP show is supposed to be a plot twist in the movie.

We've come a whole Xbox 360 degrees and its beautiful.
>>
>>93278500
> Personality = Motto

What?
Thread posts: 216
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.