[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /co/ think of non-superhero comics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

I know capeshit is the name of the game these days, but someone out there has got to be holding a candle for other genres of comic books to make a come back.
>>
It is a plep of the highest order that doesn't read anything but capeshit.
But it's a smug fart sniffer that hates others for enjoying capeshit.
>>
>>93258680

I'm a fan of Weird West comics, hence the pic, got any recommendations?
>>
>>93258680
Patrician is two Big 2 comics, the rest other genres
>>
File: Battlefields - The Tankies 05.jpg (210KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Battlefields - The Tankies 05.jpg
210KB, 600x900px
>>93258496
>someone out there has got to be holding a candle for other genres of comic books
Garth Ennis and war comics, bless his heart.

As for other genres, I have my weekly dose of 2000AD, plus indie stuff like Manifest Destiny, Lazarus, Simonson's Ragnarok, Hama's GI Joe, and Black Magick is coming back soon-ish so that'll be cool.

And westerns... I actually haven't read any lately. Not since Pretty Deadly Vol 2 and that was no longer a western really. I did get a friend of mine into Hex a month back and it was grand.
>>
>>93258736

I actually really liked the All Star Western they brought back for New 52, and I'm also a big fan of The 6th Gun. I've also been wanting to get into sci-fi comics but I'm not sure where to start.
>>
File: 2000AD - Awesome 02.jpg (2MB, 1579x1006px) Image search: [Google]
2000AD - Awesome 02.jpg
2MB, 1579x1006px
>>93258814
The Forever War is getting reprinted, so there's a good one to look for if you want some hard sci-fi. Hickman's East of West is also a good bet if you'd like to cross the streams and get some biblical western to go with your SF. And of course, I can't recommend 2000AD enough. Judge Dredd alone is enough to keep you well-fed on awesome SF action/satire, but the rest of the weekly is just chock-full of instant classics. Try Strontium Dog, Rogue Trooper, The Ballad of Halo Jones and ABC Warriors for classic stuff, and Kingdom, Shakara and Nikolai Dante for more modern fare.
>>
>>93258496
Dude, only 3 publishers really even make superhero comics, and 1 of them is Valiant so it's really more like 2 1/2.

Most comics nowadays are either sci-fi or hipster garbage or a combination thereof.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.