[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's his best work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: Frank.jpg (74KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Frank.jpg
74KB, 1200x800px
What's his best work?
>>
>>93254309

Daredevil
>>
>>93254355
FPBP

But seriously, he has many many comics under his belt that could reasonably be considered his best work.

>Daredevil
>Batman Saga (Year One, All Star, Dark Knight Comics)
>Ronin
>Sin City
>Hard Boiled
>>
Sin City
>>
>>93254392
I really liked Ronin's artwork all the way through but the story started to lose me as the end approached. I just don't like they whole "a robot did it". I liked better the blend of magic and technology the comic followed at first
>>
>>93254309
Daredevil and Ronin are my personal favorites.
>>
>>93254355
That and Batman Year One.
>>
>>93254309
Sin City I'd say.
>>
>>93254309
Holy Terror
>>
>>93254309
The Spirit (2008)
>>
File: 4U.jpg (292KB, 816x1123px) Image search: [Google]
4U.jpg
292KB, 816x1123px
>>
File: wink.jpg (25KB, 363x363px) Image search: [Google]
wink.jpg
25KB, 363x363px
>>93254645
>>
>>93254309
Born Again
>>
>>93254309
As a writer? Daredevil: Born Again or Elektra: Assassin. As an artist? My heart says Dark NKight Returns though it's probably something else. As a complete package of writer, artist and visual storyteller? The first Sin City or Elektra Lives.
>>
>>93254309
His performance in Nightmare on Elm St. was probably his best. I don't think you can reboot that franchise with a new Freddy.
>>
>>93254645
you jest but that movie was a great comedy
>>
>>93254843
Try harder.
>>
>>93254869
Haven't seen it, but All-Star Batman is unironically one of the best stories purely for how enjoyable it is.
>>
>>93254392
Didn't he do the whole Wolverine in Japan arc with Chris Claremont, too?
>>
>>93254888
*tries**harder***
>>
Would anyone be upset if I used this thread to post some Miller? Not sure what exactly (Ronin won't fit), but I'd like to hear some suggestions.

Leaning towards Year One, Dark Knight Returns/Strikes Again, or Sin City (any of the volumes assuming I have them).

>>93254933
99 percent sure he did.
>>
>>93254523
This.
Ronin in particular is something that I reread every year or so. And his Daredevil run(s) (including Born Again and Man Without Fear) are the metric for DD. Much as I love 85% of DD overall, Miller definitely left a lasting ideology of how the series worked best, and a line of people either affectionately continuing his path or out and out aping his work.
>>
>>93254933
...And I forgot this. But, yeah, Daredevil, Ronin, and Wolverine v1 are my Miller trifecta.
>>
Ronin

As a writer Born Again or Elektra Assassin
>>
>>93254309
Getting cancer.
>>
>>93254662
this was pretty good, probably cause Miller's writing is quite literally just an excuse for Darrow to draw cool shit and there's actually barely any writing
>>
File: миллеро3.png (91KB, 295x137px) Image search: [Google]
миллеро3.png
91KB, 295x137px
>>93254988
>Man Without Fear
>metric for DD
It's a fucking comic where Matt Murdock throws a naked tied up guy into the snow and leaves him there for all night for bullying Foggy. Miller clearly wrote this when he had stopped taking his pills already. I still don't understand how people like it.
>>
>>93254902
>Haven't seen it
do it, I'm serious
it's really goofy clearly on purpose
>>
For me? Year One.
>>
>>93254510
>that one scene where Agat hears that the Ronin's whole story was actually from a TV show

it almost seemed like that was going to go somewhere, but nope.

Still liked the comic, tho
>>
>>93255380
a friend absolutely loves Miller's DD and hated Man Without Fear with such passion
>>
File: relapse.jpg (97KB, 500x292px) Image search: [Google]
relapse.jpg
97KB, 500x292px
>>93254309
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
>>
>>93255380
Same.

>>93255444
I just hate how it's clearly Miller stuck in Sin City mode, just at the point in his career when that becomes the only thing he can write. And it works fine for Sin City, but Daredevil? Not so much. All it does is retroactively lessen his previous work on the character so he could just have JR Jr. draw his failed screenplay.

>Matt used to go around in disguise and beat up kids for fun like some kind of "Dare-Devil" instead of trying to be a nerd like his father forced him to be
>So the one time he actually fights back s himself and his drunk Dad hits him now has zero impact
>Elektra was always evil (like Saturday Morning cartoon evil) so her corruption by the Hand has zero meaning now, despite being one of the many high points of issue 190
>Also Stick somehow decided to train her after she left America despite telling Matt outright she's fucking evil and can't be trusted in this
>Stick abandons Matt because he fucks up and kills a whore instead of the fact that he's just a flaky good-fur-nuthin' bum
>Some literally fucking who loli sidekick knows Matt has superpowers and is never brought up or relevant again
>Kingpin spent a decade training up some unbeatable assassin who Matt mercs with zero remorse despite the fact it took Bullseye murdering the love of his life to even contemplate committing murder

Torturing Foggy's college roommate by comparison is at least the kind of hypocrisy Matt usually indulges in, it's his equivalent of college frat parties. The rest though, Christ.
>>
>>93255970
Yeah I have to agree with all this. I love Miller's main run and Born Again, but I was bewildered by a lot of the decisions he made in MWF. That Elektra retcon reeaaally irked me when I first read it.
>>
>>93254309
WHORES
>>
Does this man belong to an past era and is thus unable to exist in today's world? Or is the the only salvation left for this world?
>>
Sin City, 300 and DKR. These were Miller unrestrained. His best work comes from stuff that he did the art for. I found year one and born again weak.
>>
Year One.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.