[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best Batman cartoon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 20

File: The_Batman.png (34KB, 300x150px) Image search: [Google]
The_Batman.png
34KB, 300x150px
And why is it The Batman? Besides these reasons, of course:
>Joker
>Clayface
>Yin
>Firefly
>Clock King
>Hugo Strange
>Black Mask
>Batgirl
>Harley Quinn as a quack talk show host
>Joker and Harley's relationship
>Dracula
>Pretty much every Villain's design
>Black Mask
>The Batmobile Designs
>Batman spending a good amount of time on actual detective work
>Bruce Wayne being just as important as Batman
>Gadgets created for one episode reappearing in multiple others
>>
File: batman.jpg (12KB, 225x298px) Image search: [Google]
batman.jpg
12KB, 225x298px
>What is the best batman cartoon?

The greatest made-for-TV cartoon of all-time, 'Batman: The Animated Series', of course. But you probably knew that already.
>>
>>93252182
TAS is ridiculously overrated, and holds up poorly
>>
>>93252352

Nah. It's one of a small handful of tv cartoons you can watch as an adult without being autistic.

'The Batman' is definitely not included in that handful.
>>
>>93252426
There are NO cartoons you can watch as an adult without being autistic, by definition.
That said, B:TAS is still shit in comparison.
>>
>>93252470
'The Batman' isn't even as good as 'Batman: Brave and the Bold'. 'The Batman' is the Batman cartoon you show to your 6-year old if you think the other Batman cartoons are too intense for him. That, or old Superfriends episodes.
>>
>>93252683
BATB is a literal joke of a cartoon. I can get nostalgiafags for TAS, but I cannot understand how anyone can like that one at all.

And The Batman has plenty of dark shit.
>>
>>93252717

I'm assuming you're a kid in your 20s and you grew up with The Batman. Despite your nostalgia for it, it's really not good. Sorry. It's not a case of the show not holding up. It was never good.
>>
>>93252126
Shitposting aside, well there ever be another Batman cartoon?
Not counting team ups, the last Batman cartoon was Beware the Batman.
>>
>>93252182
It's good, but like The Batman; it's terrible episodes are a fucking abortion. Which episodes? Ones with; Batman's romance as a focus, all but one Ra's Al Ghul episode, and anything with Batgirl thinking she is hot shit (guuuurl power)
>>
>>93252777
You got my age right, but not much else.
I literally just watched it for the first time.
>>
>>93252470
>There are NO cartoons you can watch as an adult without being autistic

So a parent can't watch a show with their child?
Nice projection, autismo.
>>
>B:TAS
>The Batman
>Batman Beyond
All good in my opinion

However, is Brave and the Bold any good?
>>
>>93252810

That would require Cartoon Network/WB put money into an animated show again. When was the last time an action/superhero cartoon with anything resembling a budget aired on Cartoon Network? ThunderCats?

More than likely you'll get some cheap watered-down kiddy garbage cartoon in a couple of years that has shit animation and no real effort put into it.
>>
>>93252844
You grew up with other bland cartoons like it. You probably think Jackie Chan Adventures and Men in Black the Series were good.
>>
>>93252869
It's a good jokey series. Like a good 4/10 is joking. Intentional or not.
>"BATMAN DOES NOT EAT NACHOS!"
>>
File: The Best Cartoons Ever Made.png (3MB, 4328x2126px) Image search: [Google]
The Best Cartoons Ever Made.png
3MB, 4328x2126px
>>93252904
I've never seen either of those.
I'm the pic related poster.
>>
>>93252126
Batman Beyond>BTAS>Batman BATB>The Batman>Beware the Batman
>>
>>93252933
>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003
>all cartoons from when you were about 10-12

Yeah, that's about right.
>>
>>93252182
No more reason to continue the thread, this is the answer. Only 12 year olds will disagree.
I give you example A. >>93252352
>>
>>93252876
The closest thing we have right now is Justice League Action and even that's getting screwed over.
I don't get how DC is just letting them snuff out their animated properties in favor of TTG.
>>
>>93252965
Except that I'd never seen the following until quite recently:
The Batman
Kim Possible
Teen Titans
TMNT 2003
And the rest of those shows I'd only watched sporadically as a kid, and recently caught up on many episodes I missed back then - and probably enjoyed those even more, if anything.

Bottom line, it's not nostalgia in the slightest.
>>
>>93253064

They're all cartoons created in the style of cartoons that were on the air when you happened to be about 12 years old.

So, yes it is.

You're still technically a kid and still capable of watching cartoons like that, but I assure you you won't be watching any of that crap by the time you hit 35.
>>
>>93253112
Well yeah, I like how quality 2000s cartoons were made. That's not going to change, though.
(Especially since I used to prefer Canadian cartoons back in the day. How embarrassing.)
>>
I'm rewatching The Batman recently, and I admit that it's less bad than I remembered.
>>
>>93252904
>You probably think Jackie Chan Adventures and Men in Black the Series were good.
not him but those shows were good(well besides JCA's last season)

>>93253028
>I don't get how DC is just letting them snuff out their animated properties in favor of TTG.
cause DC literally has no other options here in the US, Disney has Marvel, and Nickelodeon has Ninja Turtles & Power Rangers, neither of them need or want anything from DC, and for whatever reason DC hasn't tried to make a deal with Netflix
>>
>>93252126
Brave and the Bold is pretty good.
>>
>>93253112
>>93253150
But this doesn't mean I like 2000s cartoons in general, by any measure. Some stuff /co/ goes crazy about like MLAATR or Danny Phantom is trash.
I've also tried watching more recent cartoons that /co/ raves about, like Motorcity and Sym-Bionic Titan. Both turned out to be utter shit as well.
(Oh yeah, and Cybersix is deeply overrated here.)
>>
>>93253231
>DC hasnt tried to make a deal with Netflix.

Stop talking out of your ass. Are you in the board room witnissing the offers they get? The answer is no, you arent. They probably have gotten offers and are contractually obligated to turn them down because of their liscense deal with Marvel.

Summer gets worse every year.
>>
File: 1495399789537.png (307KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1495399789537.png
307KB, 403x403px
>>93252126
>>93252182
>28 posts
>12 posters
If I were to guess I'd say you made this thread for the sole pupose of once again proclaiming your love for The Batman, using that same copypasted text posted several times before, and complain about Batman TAS by baiting TASfags into disagreeing you.
You do this in every thread about Batman media. Especially the occasional Batman TAS threads which you feel the need to derail by complaining about how overrated it is.
You could just start a "The Batman" thread normally, you know. It's not like /co/ hates The Batman that much, a lot of us like it or are indifferent to it at best. But no, you have to make this about how The Batman is the greatest cartoon ever and how TAS is so overrated and etc.
>>
File: Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif (38KB, 380x240px) Image search: [Google]
Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif
38KB, 380x240px
>>93253547
Most of what you wrote is wrong, but whatever...
>>
BTAS

Brave and the Bold is more of an Justice League cartoon.

The Batman is not worthy of mention.

>>
You have 10 seconds to tell me why Brave and the Bold isn't Batkino.
>>
>>93252126
>Joker
He's okay, but seeing be so acrobatic is kinda weird
>Yin
oh that cool chick who gets forgotten after the first season for Batgirl? Yeah no
>Firefly
Before he became that Human Torch knockoff sure
>Clock King
No
>Hugo Strange
Good rendition of Strange. Zombie episode is the best with him
>Black Mask
Not enough of him in the series to judge
>Batgirl
A-okay
Fucking stupid
Even stupider
>Dracula
Got my vote
>Black Mask
What?
>The Batmobile Designs
The first one was better
As apposed to every other series that does that?
>Bruce Qayne being just as important as Batman
Except he's not
Only ones I recall are the new Batmobile, Batbot, and thr Cold suit for the occasional Freeze fight.
7/10 series it does some cool stuff but then falls flat by the end
>>
File: 1496455371182.jpg (105KB, 497x335px) Image search: [Google]
1496455371182.jpg
105KB, 497x335px
>>93253571
>most of what you wrote is wrong
Let's see what happens when I put that filename for your epin reaction image on the archive.
https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/93228644/#93229343
Oh look at that, another post made for the purpose of baiting TASfags.

Or what happens when I look up your pasta
>>93198750

Or what happens when I look up "The Batman" on the archive
https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/92948457/#92948457
Gee, what do you know ?

If you are going to be this pathetically transparent at least take this shit to /tv/, it's just embarassing that you feel the need to force The Batman down everyone's throats and pick fights with people who like TAS just because it's better received than your show was.
>>
>>93254061
Yeah, that was my thread too. But that was about the intro specifically, which is even better than the amazing show itself.
The artstyle thread isn't mine, though I did post in it.
>>
>>93252810
Justice League Action was almost a Batman cartoon, but WB wanted to promote Justice League.

This is stupid not because we got a JL cartoon instead of yet another Batman cartoon, but the creators of Beware wanted to do a Batman/Superman cartoon, but WB told them no, even though they had BvS to promote.
>>
>>93252126
>Joker

He was mediocre and had too much airtime.

>Clayface

He was pretty cool, even if derivative of Two-Face and his arc had a lame ending.

>Yin

Dropped with no explanation after season two.

>Firefly

Cool suit. I don't see why the comics continue to stick with his ugly gray jumpsuit.

>Clock King

That was a good episode, but he wasn't Clock King.

>Hugo Strange

Good villain that, again, was wasted.

>Black Mask

He had a strong first episode, but his later appearances fumbled. He looked like shit half the time in the Hawkman episode.

>Batgirl

She was annoying.

Neat little modernization, but not my ideal take on her.

It was overly cutesy.

>Dracula

Indifferent.

>Pretty much every Villain's design

Some of them looked like garbage, like Riddler or Cluemaster.

>The Batmobile Designs

The second one was pretty cool, admittedly.

So did Beware the Batman. It ain't that special.

>Bruce Wayne being just as important as Batman

So did B:TAS. It ain't that special.

So does any Batman media ever. It ain't that special.
>>
File: MenInBlack.gif (968KB, 450x248px) Image search: [Google]
MenInBlack.gif
968KB, 450x248px
>>93252904
>Think Men in Black the Series was good

But it was
>>
>>93253350
>They probably have gotten offers and are contractually obligated to turn them down because of their liscense deal with Marvel.
I highly doubt Netflix's deal with Marvel would require them to reject any proposals from DC, heck if they did that they would have made Netflix get rid of all the other DC stuff already on there
>>
>>93252126
How can one person have so much conviction when praising such horrible shows? If these are your true opinions you seriously need to seek professional help.
>>
>>93256448
>one person
>implying
>>
>>93256364

Yeah, I can understand Marvel throwing a fit if Netflix commission original content from DC, but hosting a few DC shows should be harmless.
>>
>>93256457
>influx of shilling of the same shows
>using the same image
>not one person
ok
>>
>>93256508
You're gonna need to provide some sources on that, as I have no idea what you're talking about. What other shows have I been "shilling" like this?
>>
>>93252834
>all but one Ra's Al Ghul episode,
THANK YOU. I thought I was the only one who hated whenever he and his daughter showed up. Especially his daughter, couldn't stand her.
>>
>>93252834
>and anything with Batgirl thinking she is hot shit (guuuurl power)
Would you agree that Batgirl was much better-written in The Batman?
>>
Actually, as far as behaviour goes, the batman's joker, was great. The rastafarian design was horrible, but the way he acted was spot on
>>
>>93252126
It's so "NOT MUH BATMAN" in here, it hurts.
>>
>>93257056
How?
>>
File: Terry_McGinnis.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Terry_McGinnis.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
The Batman is cool but why do I get the feeling that everyday we see the same anon talking about how great it is and when someone says that BTAS or any other Batman cartoon is better, he says it is not?
>>
>>93257350
Have you considered that this mysterious anon may in fact be correct? Popular opinion is not always right, you know...
>>
>>93257391
Found (you)
>>
>>93257437
>and the curious anon asked: what is sarcasm?
>>
>>93253796
It's stupid.

There, took me like 1 second instead of 10.
>>
>>93252869
A healthy bit of Batwank, but anyone who expects otherwise is a fucking moron. Has Batman playing the straight-man to a lot of zanier characters and really provides a nice sampler platter of the DCU at large.
Might be pure cheese, but their Aquaman never fails to make me smile.
Lots of great pisodes; 8/10 should watch
>>
>>93257350
Because opinions can differ. We have learned this lesson since the aecond grade.
>>
>>93256581
Yes. She was trying to prove herself and would whine when people didn't recognize "I'm doing a thing! Hey! Hey! Come ooooon."

Btas Batgirl "Hmph, I don't need anyone's help. I'm perf and in control and who cares what Batman said."

Do you want a teenager who wants your approval or a woman who will go out if her way to go against you if you disagree with her? Plus, The Batman Batgirl had college near the end; so she was less prominent.
>>
>>93261065
But why talk trash about other cartoons?
>>
>>93256534
The sad part; the one episode was a flashback to the western development years. Let's see if I can summarize a basic Btas Ra's Al Ghul episode

>"Mwahaha! Detective! I know who you are and respect you but you disagree woth me so I will fight you!"
>"No, father, I love him, even though I have had maybe 2 hours of interaction with him, tops."
>"Gasp, daughter, you DARE go against what I, a 600 year old MAN would say?!"
>"No, daddy, I sorry, I love you."
>"Gah! Somehow the detective has beaten my rushed storyline for the episode! I'll get you next tiiiiime!"
>>
>>93261140
Because this is 4chan and anonymity allows assholeness to brew easier. Honestly, I like both series for different reasons, but they both did have their weak spots.
>>
The Batman's not that good but BtAS is obnoxiously overrated and not that much better.
>>
Batman Beyond (best DCAU cartoon in general)
Brave and the Bold close second
>>
File: shutup.png (200KB, 557x415px) Image search: [Google]
shutup.png
200KB, 557x415px
>>93261151
Don't forget the constant use of MUH BELOVED every fucking sentence.
>>
>>93252470
How is this the definition of cartoons? There are plenty of cartoons that are definitely not meant to be viewed by children at all. I mean I saw Fritz the Cat on tv when I was like 10 but I certainly was not the target audience of that film.
>>
>>93252717
Dark does not equal good and the fact you used this as an argument means you're clearly the idiot here. BATB being goofy also doesn't mean it's bad.

I mean shit Beware the Batman had way better character designs/art style than The Batman. And I say this as someone who HATES shows that are all CG.

Aside from becoming basically a more serious Brave and the Bold toward the end The Batman just didn't have a lot of redeeming qualities.
>>93252904
Ok now The Batman was pretty bad but let's not drag JCA and MiB into this. Those were good shows.
>>
>>93253273
I will concede on all of these except Sym-Bionic Titan being shit.
>>
File: World's Greatest Detective.jpg (169KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
World's Greatest Detective.jpg
169KB, 1280x720px
>dracula
>>
>>93252126
The Batman was a shitty shoe with terrible character designs and inconsistent tones build to sell toys to children who didn't know any better.

BTAS=Brave &The Bold BTAS>Brave &The Bold if you're subhuman garbage that can't appreciate the golden age of comics and camp>Beware the Batman>>>The Batman
>>
File: 184736259846.jpg (13KB, 364x329px) Image search: [Google]
184736259846.jpg
13KB, 364x329px
>>93252126
>short ears
>lean build
>grey tights
>yellow circle around the bat symbol
>long draping cape
>blue highlights on said cape
This is literally the best Batman design outside of the comics.
>>
File: pathetic-skinner.jpg (11KB, 307x307px) Image search: [Google]
pathetic-skinner.jpg
11KB, 307x307px
>>93262938
>he doesn't rate Batman Beyond
>>
>>93263230
Not a fan of the dragging cape.

Looks neat sometimes but just seems like a huge liability in fights
>>
The worst crime the show committed was replacing the original theme, imo. Well that and not living up to the hype of the theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rgKDtueytA
>>
File: 1496859111510.jpg (37KB, 217x408px) Image search: [Google]
1496859111510.jpg
37KB, 217x408px
>>93254061
And thus whiney faggot has been BTFO with help of little detective work. Batman would approve.
>>
>>93254061
weeabo The Batmanfag absolutely

>BLOWN
>THE FUCK
>OUT
>>
>>93264051
>>93264543
>The artstyle thread isn't mine, though I did post in it.
oops

Also, a thread from two weeks ago isn't proof of anything.
>>
>>93261807
Eh, those are animated sitcoms. Not cartoons as we know them.
>>
File: look mom I posted it again.png (327KB, 1222x808px) Image search: [Google]
look mom I posted it again.png
327KB, 1222x808px
>>93264556
>he felt the need to share this twice in 3 days

>>93263230
>>
>>93264602
KEK

This is literally the most autistic thing outside of the comics.
>>
>>93264602
>>93264619
That's not my post either.
Have fun thinking it is, though.
>>
>>93263230
I liked when he closed the cape all the way so his body was completely concealed, it made him look inhuman and mysterious.
>>
>>93263367
Well excuuuse me, I was just rating the Wayne Batman series. I consider beyond more of a spinoff than anything it's more consistant that BTAS but it's best episodes don't top the best of BTAS so I would put it extremely close, but maybe below BTAS and B&TB
>>
>>93264576
The cartoon I named was not a sitcom. What?
>>
>>93252717
Maybe if you stopped being such a shallow-minded normie for one sec and actually considered the fact that Batman's character, history and folklore is built around both dark AND silly things, then maybe you'd understand why people like BATB.
>>
>>93257631
Batman is stupid by definition. Think of another argument.
>>
>>93253804
>Clock King
>No

what are you on?
that episode was fantastic
>>
>>93257631
Because?
>>
File: ApPSNU4.png (162KB, 744x448px) Image search: [Google]
ApPSNU4.png
162KB, 744x448px
>>93263230

Everything related to the cape in this show was awesome.
>>
>>93257631
This is neither an argument nor a reason
>>
>>93252126
>And why is it The Batman?

It's enjoyable, but Brave and the Bold and Batman: TAS were both better.
>>
>>93252869
Yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cR-6rBpYz0
>>
>>93252869

It's a lot of fun if you enjoy camp and lots of references that only comic book readers will pick up on. If you liked Adam West's Batman, it's worth checking out. Neil Patrick Harris's cameo gets mentioned a lot on /co/. It also had a really fun take on Aquaman's character.
>>
>>93267640
There was some pretty dark stuff in BATB. Spectre straight up kills someone for seeing Batman without his mask. Characters who seemed like a joke at first (B'Wana Beast, Platelet, etc.) die and it has a surprisingly heavy emotional impact.
>>
>>93261995
But Sym-Bionic Titan being shit is the strongest opinion I hold out of all of those.
>>
>>93269330
ok and? We have different opinions. Welcome to the real world
>>
>>93262938
>The Batman was a shitty shoe
Well, obviously. Cartoons belong on the TV, not on your feet.
>>
>>93269495
Yeah. Was a good show though.
>>
>>93269365
It's called shit taste, anon. It's called shit taste.
>>
>>93268778
Arguably, Beware the Batman had a stronger start as well.
>>
Why did they ditch Yin after season 2? She was a bitch, but she was developing into a decent character before getting booted.
>>
>>93274404
>Bitch
She was cautious. Like any sane person would be. And they needed to replace her with Batgirl... for reasons.
>>
>>93274404

Because they introduced Batgirl the next season and the producers didn't want to have to many female leads because they were afraid that little boys (the target demographic) wouldn't watch the show and wouldn't buy enough toys.
>>
>>93274404
Because Batgirl would take up too much time as Batman's partner.

They also pushed out Jim as well after Barbara arrived. I think he only had one episode after that didn't involve her.
>>
File: impressive very nice.jpg (73KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
impressive very nice.jpg
73KB, 1280x544px
>>93252777
Impressive. Very nice.
>>
>>93274404
She was mentioned in one of the later seasons, but she disappeared to make room for Batgirl.
>>
Killer goddamn Croc.
>>
It seemed weird how many times the show retooled itself. First season was about Batman and finding his place while Ethan and Yin didn't trust him. Then came Batgirl and Gordon while ditching half the supporting cast from the first two seasons. Then, Robin and the new opening. And then they introduced the Justice League for an entire season.

I'm not sure which version of the show was better though.
>>
>>93252904
>You probably think Jackie Chan Adventures and Men in Black the Series were good.
I probably have some nostalgia for Jackie Chan Adventures cause they aired in my country and i actually watched them couple of times, but
>Man in Black series was bad
Them's fighting words, buddy.
>>
>>93275455

Ron Perlman did a great job as his VA.
>>
I never hear anyone talk about The New Batman Adventures on here
Do people just consider it part of BtaS or something?
>>
>>93275725
Yeah, pretty much. Even if it's not as good, I always considered it the fourth season of BTAS.
>>
>>93275725
It's like the 3rd season of Gargoyles. The stories from the earlier seasons carry over and the characters are the same, but there is a noticeable drop in quality.
>>
>>93275902
I don't know. Unlike Goliath Chronicles, The New Batman Adventures had a handful of great episodes like Over the Edge and Mad Love.
>>
>>93252126
1. B:TAS
2. Batman Beyond
3. Batman: The Brave and the Bold
4. The Batman
5. Beware the Batman

Any I'm missing?
>>
>>93276183
https://youtu.be/ItIXcpf6uhw
>>
>>93276115
Don't forget Growing Pains. Amazingly animated and written.
>>
>>93275462
That's not what a retool is. The plot changes flowed naturally. The fact that you may or may not have liked said changes is irrelevant.
>>
>>93275369
>They also pushed out Jim as well after Barbara arrived. I think he only had one episode after that didn't involve her.
He only had one appearance BEFORE the third season (when Batgirl was introduced).

Fucking idiot.
>>
>>93276342

He appeared a couple of times, but he wasn't the commissioner yet and most of Batman's interactions were with Ethan and Yin. He didn't get promoted to commissioner until Season 3.
>>
>>93276342
It doesn't change the fact that his implied partnership with Batman began and ended with one episode. After that, it's mostly Batman and sidekicks, with Gordon serving as a plot device. The D.A.V.E. episode was the only time he showed up without Barbara after that.

Calm down, autismo. It's just a show.
>>
>>93276774
>He appeared a couple of times
Untrue, he did not have a single (named) appearance until the season 2 finale episode.
>>93276852
>The D.A.V.E. episode was the only time he showed up without Barbara after that.
Untrue, there were multiple episodes in which he discussed the situation with Batman near the Bat-Signal on the roof, and Batgirl not there.

With this many anons making fundamental mistaken assumptions about the show, no wonder it's so underrated here on /co/. Fuck.
>>
>>93275369
>They also pushed out Jim as well after Barbara arrived.

He's her father and they live together and she's Batman's partner. If there's an episode involving him, it's not surprising that she would show up in some capacity.
>>
>>93272340
Beware was good when it got a plotline started. In between arcs it felt kinda meh and then about 2 or 3 episodes later it would start a new storyline and be good again. It felt hard to compare to others this way since by default most superhero cartoons dont overarch outside of a few character appearances.
>>
>>93275327
Or they just didnt want him to have too many partners, it took a while for Batgirl and Robin to even be in the same episode together and even longer to see them helping the police out instead of Batman. It was usually Batman + Ally.
>>
>>93276967
>Untrue, there were multiple episodes in which he discussed the situation with Batman near the Bat-Signal on the roof, and Batgirl not there.

I was talking about the episodes in general. Batgirl would show up in the same episode, and Jim would be a plot device to inform or motivate Batgirl.

>With this many anons making fundamental mistaken assumptions about the show, no wonder it's so underrated here on /co/. Fuck.

It got considerable discussion and sizable threads until people like you poisoned the well.
>>
>>93277484
It only had two main arcs, but I liked how nearly every episode contributed something to them, whether it was introducing characters and devices, foreshadowing them, developing relationships, etc. It had a pretty tight continuity and even reminded me of Spectacular Spider-Man at times.

The most fillerish episode was the Manhunter team-up, and even then, they introduced a love interest for Bruce. Granted, they didn't do much with her afterward, but still.

It would've been cool to see that grow more in season two, but alas.
>>
>>93277838
>I was talking about the episodes in general. Batgirl would show up in the same episode, and Jim would be a plot device to inform or motivate Batgirl.
You sound like someone who watched the season 3 premiere two-parter and then gave up on the show.
>It got considerable discussion and sizable threads until people like you poisoned the well.
Must have missed all those threads then... oh wait, you're just bullshitting as usual, nobody was talking about this show for like months.
>>
>>93277556

They sent her off to college and then it was Batman and Robin most of the time. She did get a few "I'm visiting" episodes.
>>
>>93252182
This is the GOAT by far no matter how much revisionism the prepubescent edgelords itt try to throw at it. Holds up great.
>>
File: 8w0u3.jpg (20KB, 475x365px) Image search: [Google]
8w0u3.jpg
20KB, 475x365px
>>93264576
>Animated sitcoms
>Not cartoons
>>
>>93252834
>>93256534
>disliking Ra's episodes
>even the ones written by Denny Goddamn O'Neil
Wow you fucking summerfags have the shittiest taste.
>>
>>93278219
It's only the GOAT because nobody ever dares to challenge it for being first. Just look at this thread.
>>
>>93275462
This is generally what happens with shows launched to tie-into movies, especially when the sequel takes a while to get released. There was a four year gap between Batman Begins and Dark Knight, and I think TB actually ended by then, so while the first season was meant to somewhat tie into Begins(solo, younger Batman), it eventually did it's own thing.
Same thing even happened to BTAS,which was launched along with Batman Returns, and a lot of other cartoons released alongside a movie. My favorite notable example being Men In Black The series, which created a whole mythos only for the second movie to have no relation to it.
>>
>>93278475
>as we know them
Did you fail English?
>>
>>93278625
>so while the first season was meant to somewhat tie into Begins
Your fanfiction doesn't count, anon.
>>
>>93278548
Ra's will always be a touchy issue with "muh street level" fags.
>>
>>93257350
Because that's the way it is. I didn't mind the sudden wave of people rewatching/seeing it for the first time when it came on Netflix a year or two ago, I figured of course kids who grew up in the early 00s were in one of the rare periods without BTAS reruns and don't know no better.

But then this motherfucker actively shits on BTAS, insists his childhood Batman is automatically the best, while hypocritically hiding behind the "not muh" argument when anybody criticizes The Baaatmaaaan.

I mean, yeah BTAS had its weak episodes, but the ratio is like 80% good-to-great, 15% mediocre, 5% awful. With The Batman the ratio is "95% Mr. Freeze, Penguin and Joker episodes, 5% everything else"
>>
File: I've Lost The Will To Live.gif (290KB, 396x290px) Image search: [Google]
I've Lost The Will To Live.gif
290KB, 396x290px
>>93252126
I guess its time for the weekly "I was born in the late 90s/early 2000s so I pretend The Batman wasn't terrible" thread.
>>
>>93278614
You haven't given a single reason for why BTAS sucks aside from "y-you guys are wrong!!!"
>>
>>93278716
>pretend The Batman wasn't terrible

But it wasn't. It was pretty good for what it was and it did some things pretty well. But it comes with more flaws than BTAS which has so few it's easy to ignore them.
>>
>>93252126
If this isn't bait then you have actual brain damage and should see a doctor immediately.
>>
>>93278663
You're pretty blind if you don't think a Batman cartoon where he's just starting off, he's still on shaky terms with the police, and there's no sidekicks or Batfamily thatcame out just a few months before Batman Begins was released wasn't meant to have some vestigial ties to it. that's just how brand synergy works I'm not saying it was meant to be a direct tie in or adaptation, but its definitely influenced.

Even the comics at the time tried to do some similar things, like have all the Batfamily emmebers evicted from Gotham and putting Batman at odds with the police.
>>
File: billy dee clap.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
billy dee clap.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>93254061
Magnificent.
>>
File: All-Star Batman (2016-) 001-007.jpg (700KB, 1988x1631px) Image search: [Google]
All-Star Batman (2016-) 001-007.jpg
700KB, 1988x1631px
>>93255671
>Cool suit. I don't see why the comics continue to stick with his ugly gray jumpsuit.
They've redesigned him a few time. Recently, he and Killer Moth got matching Double Rider suits.
>>
>>93278625
I miss shows being released to tie into movies.

We could've been watching a Wonder Woman cartoon right now.
>>
>>93275462
It had two retools. One when Duane Capizzi left for season four and Alan Burnett. The show included more of the traditional elements like Robin and Harley Quinn, while also having more consistency. Then, Jeff Matsuda and Michael Jilenic left for season five, and the show had another producer shake up.

Stuff like having Yin as a partner for season one, adding Batgirl and later Robin, then the JL are basically gimmicks to distinguish each season apart. Kinda like how TT focused more on a different Titan each season.
>>
>>93280450
*Alan Burnett became the new showrunner.
>>
>>93280450
>It had two retools.
Again though, retools have to be noticeable. Those... weren't. Not beyond simple plot changes.
>>
>>93280523
They were pretty noticeable when watching it as a kid.
>>
>>93280450
>Kinda like how TT focused more on a different Titan each season.
As I've mentioned before, the two shows have a ridiculous number of parallels, structural and otherwise.
>>
>>93252182
And as we all know, the best episode is P.O.V
>>
>>93280574
You noticed "more consistency" or producer shakeups as a kid? Really?
>>
>>93280523
>>93280725

The shift between the first three seasons and four was really noticeable, down to Batman's chin.

Fifth was a lot blander compared to four, and pretty much the rest of the show. I was a kid, but I had access to the internet and learned about who was staying and who was leaving. It was also fucked by some focus testing bullshit that was done both on The Batman and Legion of Superheroes, which encouraged less female characters.
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.