[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Earth 1 and 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Batman_Earth-Two_0022.jpg (73KB, 452x358px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Earth-Two_0022.jpg
73KB, 452x358px
So when it comes to Batman and Superman, where does Earth 2 end as the main continuity and where does Earth 1 begin?
>>
It's not really a hard science. Circa 1954 is when they made the switch.
>>
>>93249394
It's actually a little more complex than that.

>>93248716
It varies because some of the ideas were retcons. Like for instance on Earth-2, Clark always worked at the Daily Star instead of the Daily Planet, but the Daily Planet got introduced in 1940 and the reader would have to imagine some of those Daily Planet stories were actually Daily Star and Perry was actually George Taylor. (On Earth-2, Perry never became editor-in-chief; Clark Kent got the job after Taylor retired and Perry remained a star reporter).

This chronology:

http://www.dcindexes.com/features/chronology.php?page=chronology

Shows you which stories "count" toward Earth-1 and Earth-2 versions of characters. It's case-by-case basis, but the only things you can be very certain of:

-Superman was never Superboy on Earth-2
-Batman never wore the yellow oval symbol on Earth-2
-There's only a Justice Society on Earth-2
-Any stories of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman around during WWII is definitely Earth-2
>>
File: Sandra_of_the_Secret_Service.png (99KB, 328x185px) Image search: [Google]
Sandra_of_the_Secret_Service.png
99KB, 328x185px
>>93249595
So this is officially the first DCU MC?
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Sandra_McLane_(Earth-Two)
>>
>>93249794
Her and Jack Woods and Wing Brady and others:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/New_Fun_Comics_Vol_1_1
>>
>>93249595
>Batman never wore the yellow oval symbol on Earth-2
Earth-2 confirmed not worth noticing
>>
Can someone please explain this whole Prime Earth thing?

I heard that Pre Crisis and Post Crisis were merged or something and cohabitating or something.
>>
>>93250740
It's more like this:

Before 1985: Earth-1, Earth-2, etc exist as separate Earths.

After 1985: Earth-1 (Silver/Bronze heroes), Earth-2 (Golden Age heroes), Earth-S (Fawcett heroes), Earth-4 (Charlton heroes) merge. I can't remember if Earth-X (the Freedom Fighters vs Nazis world) merged but that'd be weird considering the Freedom Fighters came from Earth-2. This Earth never really had an official name. They also are unaware of any existing Multiverse.

Infinite Crisis: A new multiverse is formed while the Merged Earth still sticks around (with some modified histories). Merged Earth gets sometimes called New Earth or Prime Earth (not to be confused with Earth-Prime) or Earth-0.
>>
>>93250831
Post-IC was still New Earth, and New 52 Earth is Prime Earth/Earth-0, I think.
>>
>>93250992
Did it? I just couldn't remember when they used those names.
>>
Seriously, what is Rebirth?
>>
>>93251504
Rebirth is just a direction change for the company, not an actual continuity-altering event.

Some small things have been altered without explanation, mostly things that were fucking stupid and changed for no good reason in the first place.

Rebirth was just revealing that somebody has been fucking around with the DC timeline.
>>
>>93248716
>>93249595
Also keep in mind that Earth 2 also has different history.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-Two

There were also some historical diversions mentioned in 70's and 80's comics, like for instance Quebec is independent, Apartheid was ended by the 70's, and Joseph McCarthy had died in a car crash while his successor was the one who went after the JSA and forced them to disband.

Imagine the Mandela Effect after COIE.
>>
>>93252798
>Without explanation
Superman Reborn added ten years to the timeline, which created the changes.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.