[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cars 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 14

File: maxresdefault.jpg (150KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
150KB, 1280x720px
So, am I the only poor sap who watched this? No thread, which is pretty unusual for a Pixar movie. I liked Lightning, but between Cars 2 and this sham of a movie, it's pretty clear Pixar didn't. Having some no-name lady suddenly show up and be better than him in every way, and then him become her trainer at the end instead of getting his big comeback, was pretty shitty.

Also, I don't think the billionaire guy should have been shit on like he did. He cared about Lightning and gave him a chance, and Lightning threw that chance away and gave it to a trainer who was being paid to train. They acted like he was being a douchebag, but he wasn't. He paid Lightning to do his job and he paid Cruz to do hers. They ended up doing neither. At least he came away even more filthy rich after the Rich Texan™ bought him out.

Only good thing I can say about this movie is that it was very light on Mater, even if they did throw in a blatant Get-er-done in there.
>>
>>93248536
Literally made to sell toys
>>
>>93248536
>Having some no-name lady suddenly show up and be better than him in every way
Best part of the movie. Showed all the young girls out there that no matter how hard boys train they just won't be as good as a girl who just picks things up.
>>
>>93248641
Yeah, boys will be lining up to buy toys of a girl power car.
>>
>>93248536

Cars is the worst Pixar franchise and all three movies are abominations unto mankind.
>>
>>93248724
The first one was not terrible.
>>
>>93248667

It's called Talent, teehee.
>>
I think it would have been better if Lightning won the race. The terms were, if he won, he would get to decide if he retires. I think it would have been a good ending if he won, retired anyway, and convinced his new sponsor to let Cruz take his spot. Everybody would have won. Could have even been a thing at the end that shows Cruz doing the next race and winning, with Lightning there coaching her. But, no. Lightning pulls out of the final race two laps in.
>>
>>93248679
American boys are feminine.....so yes.
>>
Oh, and midway through the movie, the two of them accidentally enter a demolition derby. Cruz gets stuck in the mud, so Lightning saves her, and Cruz is declared the winner. She gets a trophy, and press recognition as the winner. Lightning gets mocked.

Fuck that noise.
>>
>>93249281

It's like every other cartoon episode! what the fuck, pixar?
>>
File: Tigress2.jpg (17KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Tigress2.jpg
17KB, 320x320px
>>93248667
trains her whole life to please father figure.

fat-ass comes in and becomes the hero
>>
>>93248641
That's no excuse. Beast Wars was made to sell toys.
>>
>>93249441
Fair point. Stupid turtle giving away super kung fu skills away like candy.
>>
>>93249441
Her father figure that she had a crush on. That's canon. Well, technically.
>>
>>93249181
A proper passing of the torch. She gets to follow her ambitions and Lighting finishes proving his still got it but decides its time for a new generation to make their mark.

So much of the film feels like people who once were told the plot of Rocky movies, then got it all a bit mixed up.
>>
>>93249551
knows pupil's pupil is going evil
does nothing until it was too late

why is he called wise again?
>>
>>93249441
>3rd movie
>has only six lines
>doesn't get to do anything but job it thrice and listen to fat pandas the whole time
Tigress of Suffering Existance
>>
>>93248536
Ending was shit. That's why. Made no sense giving what happened in the story and made the REAL protagonist look like a faggot. Ridiculous and tried too hard.
>>
>>93249441
typical rival story
>>
Three Cars movies. Lighting only the star of one of them.

>>93249777
Hell that's pretty much all the furious five.
>>
>>93249803

Anyone else feel like Pixar is on a bad streak lately? , What's their next movie?
>>
>>93249916
The Book Of Life.
>>
>>93249954

Sounds ominous, what's it about?
>>
>>93249972
Ignore that guy, he's just doing a jab at the upcoming movie "Coco" which is about a boy, some guitar from a famous dead dude, and visiting the city of the dead in Mexico. The jab is by comparing it to another older animated movie including Mexican day of the dead imagery.
>>
File: illegal immigrant.jpg (163KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
illegal immigrant.jpg
163KB, 1280x640px
>>93250089
you're not fun.

>next movie looks like this.

somehow i'm more interested in yet another Lego movie than this.
>>
>>93248536
>Having some no-name lady suddenly show up and be better than him in every way,

Mary Subaru
>>
File: 5c949658f4dac72f8ff88f91d27f6201.jpg (503KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
5c949658f4dac72f8ff88f91d27f6201.jpg
503KB, 1600x1200px
Lightning spent more time with Cruz than he did his own wife. At least I hope they're married and not living in sin. She's in the movie and gives Lightning encouragement here-and-there, but they don't do much together.
>>
>>93250133
These are the least appealing skeleton designs I've ever seen.

These are worse than trashy souvenir shop skeleton figurines, worse than generic "BADASS!" biker swag.
>>
Just came from the cinema. What a stupid piece of shit movie. Getting real tired of this HURRRR FEMALE EMPOWERMENT XD BULLSHIT

FUCK

CRUZ A SHIT
>>
>>93250417
Lightning deserved better.
>>
>>93250248
Imagine if her tailpipe had a super-detailed, beautifully rendered CGI anus over it, the way her windshield has those big Pixar eyes.
>>
>>93250417

>female empowerment

are you refering to some other movies as well?
>>
>>93249281
Everything I'm hearing about this movie sounds like "it's as bad as Cars 2 but for the opposite reasons"
>>
>>93250455
He really fucking did. All that shit and training for nothing. What a fucking joke.
>>
>>93250390

>bowler sketetons are twins.

prfect copies, just noticed this now, maybe im reading too much into this.
>>
>>93250551
The culmination of the training montage was him finally taking the lead againze Cruz, only for her to easily pull ahead and win. The montage was just to show he's washed up and can't do it anymore. He didn't even get a chance to prove himself in the final race, as he gave up and let her race.

How the fuck do these "better" cars even come around? Are these cars genetically superior? is there a master race in the Cars universe? Because it's not like they can just go to the store and get a new chassis.
>>
>>93249916
>Anyone else feel like Pixar is on a bad streak lately?
"Pixar will never ever decrease in quality. They've got too much of a good streak for that"-Me coming out of Toy Story 3, 2010

Pixar has been on a serious up and down roller coaster since that movie. You had Cars 2 which was the first time you could really say "this was made to sell out" and then Brave got straight up fucked over. Nobody cared or wanted Monsters U despite the unique message at the end. Inside Out made me believe Pixar was gonna be amazing again but Good Dinosaur was a straight up disaster and Finding Dory was just okay compared to the god-tier first movie.

God, after Coco is fucking Incredibles 2 and I'm scared. It's the one thing I've always wanted for years but I don't trust Pixar now the way I did then
>>
>>93250502
Not him but remember that Brave was also complete shit for their attempt at this
>>
File: Incredibles Sequel.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Incredibles Sequel.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>93250628
>Incredibles 2
>>
>>93250628
Brad Bird is still with Incredibles 2. It's going to be fine.

I am seriously worried that'll be their last Pixar-quality film, though.
>>
File: 1458844433044.jpg (234KB, 2154x827px) Image search: [Google]
1458844433044.jpg
234KB, 2154x827px
>>93250649

the only good part was in the trailer, and it was just a fake story.

instead i got a story about fugly whiny princess who does irresponsible things just to to be forced to marry.

>>93250628
and then quality of disney movies suddenly went up. interesting coincidence.
>>
I didn't even bother watching Cars 2.
>>
File: p12004128_p_v8_aa.jpg (291KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p12004128_p_v8_aa.jpg
291KB, 960x1440px
>>93250741

there's one more.
>>
>>93250852
Lol are they gonna be abandoned again? Bonnie is now 17 and using other "toys" if you know what I mean
>>
>>93250881

they gonna look for Bo Peep, find some broken procelain, and assume it was her, after a really sad, emotional scene, accepting that death is inevitable, plot twist happens..
>>
>>93250852
>perfectly conclude a film series
>make another one
>>
>>93250628
>implying
Brad Bird is still on Incredibles 2. Start worrying if he somehow dies in the next year and a half
>>
File: money.gif (986KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
money.gif
986KB, 450x338px
>>93251202

http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/11-movies-that-sold-the-most-merchandise-405780/10/

greed
>>
>>93249181
>>Lightning stops, pulls out, and loses a big race

Haven't we done this already
>>
>>93251531
Your father should have.
>>
File: puns.png (183KB, 747x332px) Image search: [Google]
puns.png
183KB, 747x332px
>>93250188
lmao.

>>93250546
... not enough Matter?
>>
>>93249777
Not as bad as the other masters.
Why even bother paying Jackie Chan if he only has 3 lines
>>
>>93250852
Toy Story 3 was already a complete thematic rehash of the previous movie, on par with Ghostbusters 2
>>
>>93251763
i didn't really like TS sequels, they were depressing.
>>
>>93248536
Cruz was just a higher end model than McQueen was. It only made sense that since yeah McQueen was going to be beaten he had to throw in the towel some time like Doc, it was actually just like the first movie but we got to see Doc's side through McQueen.
Also Cruz would have just been like McQueen if they let her race. And it didnt matter if Cruz was a boy or a girl of course
>>
Seriously though, can we talk about how Pixar literally does not give a fucking shit about it's brand anymore? It's all mediocre now. Even Inside Out and Finding Dory which were good needed an extra oomph to them. The only film I've truly liked from them all decade was Monsters University, and that was a fucking prequel of all things. Cars 2 was okay, Brave was boring, and The Good Dinosaur was the most forgettable big budget animated feature I've ever seen, plus it fucking bombed. And Pixar seems to be doing nothing to fix it, at all. Cars 3 just turned out to be decent. If a Pixar film is decent then there is something wrong. They make art, not films. Kino would actually be appropriate for 1995-2010 Pixar. You can't go from making straight up beautiful animated masterpieces to "eh, it's okay". It's weird, and am sure as fuck positive it's Lasseters' fault. Fuck him and fuck his business model as of late. Disney's doing just fine, just hand the CEO position to Rich Moore, Brad Bird, or Pete Doctor, because John Lasseter has officially given up.
>>
>>93252049
he just applied pixar formula to disney movies
"what if vidya had feelings?"
"what if animals had feelings?"
"what if evil snow queen had feelings?"
>>
I've always been screeching about women having these roles in shit but no one ever listened, or if they did they were in the minority with me and we were overshadowed by the waifu club.

I knew the second I heard "the beach ate me" that it was gonna be obnoxious shit, and the theories that she was gonna win or something was going to be true, but to fuck lightning for the sake of? fucking christ
>>
>>93250777
Why was the Wartime era so forgettable?
>>
>>93252510
i think they worked on these propaganda cartoons
>>
>>93251670
Cars 2 was bad because it was pandering to toys

Cars 3 looks like it's bad because it is pandering to a completely opposite demographic but completely fucking over the first movie in the process
>>
>>93252049
>Cars 2 was okay,
No, you meant to say Cars 2 was garbage. Because it's garbage. Seriously, have you seen that movie mentioned in anything besides advertising? Even Good Dinosaur gets mention because it's Pixar's first real flop on all levels
>>
File: ThisShouldNotExpandDong.jpg (44KB, 383x700px) Image search: [Google]
ThisShouldNotExpandDong.jpg
44KB, 383x700px
>>93250478
>>
>>93250417
>Just came from the cinema
Was there a trailer for the horse cartoon movie?
>>
I hope Pixar doesn't get any Oscar noms this year. Let the chinese fucking things win for a change goddammit.
>>
File: NEeeoffrMGx0hg_1_b.jpg (40KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
NEeeoffrMGx0hg_1_b.jpg
40KB, 600x315px
>>93252861

oh, we already know the winner.
>>
>>93252838
Every trailer before the movie for me was animated, but that one wasn't there. It was Despicable Me 3, Ferdinand, Leap, Coco and The Nut Job 2.
>>
>>93250133
The human eyes freak me out.
>>
>>93251011
That's stupid, the whole reason why Bo Peep was dropped from TS3 was because she was ridiculously bland and forgettable.
>>
>>93248536
Knew the ending when I was out shopping and saw the display with Cruz having racing decals.
>>
File: mutafukaz_poster-580x773.jpg (107KB, 580x773px) Image search: [Google]
mutafukaz_poster-580x773.jpg
107KB, 580x773px
>>93252893
I say let's pull a Russia on the Academy and have this one win the Oscar. Fuck yeah.
>>
>>93253108

...doubt kids ever heard of this one
>>
>>93250741
>Brad Bird is still with Incredibles 2
People used to say that about Andrew Stanton, then came his flop in John Carter, so he made an underwhelming sequel to a 13 year old movie.
>>
>>93250248
When I saw the trailers I was wondering if they forget she existed or something. I can't believe they just sidelined her... I bet mater got ample screen time though
>>
>>93248724
Cars was okay, but didn't have a reason to exist.

Cars 2 was fucking shit and they should've stopped there.

I have not yet seen Cars 3 and I don't plan to.
>>
>>93254216
She's in it about the same as Mater. I just don't think they ever had any idea what to do with her. She wasn't in Cars 2 much either, from what I recall.
>>
>>93254427
I completely forgot she existed to be honest.
>>
If they were going to rehash Rocky III at least they should have done it right and used the villain from the first movie rather than a brand new character.
>>
>>93254585
Chick Hicks is in it, but he's just a sports show host who constantly insults Lightning. He has no problem with all of the old racers from his era being retired by the new generation of cars, as he's just happy Lightning is losing.
>>
>>93249757
>does nothing until it was too late
Hey, he was getting around to it!

But, you know. Turtle.
>>
>>93252576
Good Dinosaur was worse than Cars 2 IMO. It literally ripped off Barnyard and it was boring. I can't even remember the hyperrealistc animation all too much. At least Mater was cute and the action scenes were cool in Cars 2.
>>
>>93253371
John Carter had fucking terrible marketing and had it's title changed because of fears that boys wouldn't see a movie with "Princess" in the title and that Mars in the title would be box office poison.
>>
>>93255548
Same as Leafguard getting the shitty name Epic as a film.
>>
>>93248724
I might be one of those few ones whoa actually like Cars, granted it's not Pixar's best, but it's still good.

While Cars 2 was okay, Cars 1 was really good and a surprisingly comfy movie, even if it's not one of Pixar's best.
>>
Early reports have Cars 3 making around $58,000,000 this weekend, which is less than Cars 2 made.
>>
>>93255334
>and the action scenes were cool in Cars 2.
I liked that the straight up killed people (sorta) in Cars 2. The cars shattering on the oil/sea platform and the spy that gets tortured to death was more intense that I was expecting.
>>
probably it's not selling well
>>
This ended up being better than I thought it be. I think the third act could have been handled better, but the story's still more coherent than the first two movies. Visuals are the best thing the movie has going for it.
>>
>>93260774
I vehemently disagree with you. This wasn't Lightning's story. It was Cruz's. And that's shitty.
>>
>>93248536
You know, I always felt like this movie was was a little pointless, and from what you posted I was right. Haven't seen it yer, but why just wondering why would they take this route when it completely goes against the lesson from the first movie? He shouldn't even be caring about winning to begin with, at least not to this degree.
>>
>>93249457
Pretty much any 80's and 90's cartoon was designed to sell toys. Transformers, GI Joe, TMNT, Care Bears, Rainbow Bright, etc etc
>>
>>93250852
is this the part where they finally use that one internet hoax storyline about Buzz Lightyears being recalled to Taiwan
>>
>>93248724
honestly I feel Ratatouille is worse than Cars 1
>>
>>93261249
Why?
>>
>>93261157
That was a real story at some point. I think the WIRED article goes into most detail about it, but Eisner was shopping around the idea of Pixar doing DTV sequels too. The Buzz recall was ditched in favor of a haunted house story about Andy's grandparents iirc.
>>
>>93261249
ratatouille is honestly a fairly fun movie other than forcing the 'main buddy duo has to get in a fight with each other going into the 3rd act of the movie' trope, but I do agree that is a REALLY grating flaw, but it's in a fair number of disney and pixar movies
>>
>>93250089
When he grabbed that guitar I thought "Shit is this gonna be like if Kubo and The Book of Life had a baby?" That'll end up making a shit ton more money than either of them.
>>
>>93262581

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-fkmRaX0Wk

his guitar skills will save the day.
>>
>>93262312
I looked it up after I made the post and apparently the recall idea was originally gonna be used by Circle 7, who were brought in by Disney to do sequels to pixar films and were also working on Monster's Inc 2: Lost in Scaradise and Finding Nemo 2. Nothing they did got used by Pixar and they never released any movies themselves.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.