[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Take a series and reboot it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: p8175225_b_v8_aa.jpg (378KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p8175225_b_v8_aa.jpg
378KB, 960x1440px
>Scooby-Doo: MI
>DC Comics' The Flintstones

These are "safe" pop icon franchises that people took and put actual quality into.

What other dead series/franchise that isn't well-known for quality could be taken and made into something great? How would you change it? What would the time be?
>>
File: hogan's heroes.jpg (497KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
hogan's heroes.jpg
497KB, 1200x628px
>>93245165
Hogan's Heroes would work well if the creators doubled down on the absurdity like Catch-22 or even Gravity's Rainbow. Everyone's just trying to stay alive and sane and value their time in the POW camp, captors and prisoners alike, because they realize the horrors occurring outside of it.
>>
>>93245165
Space Ghost would make for a great action series, especially if you combine it with other Hanna Barbera action stuff like Herculoids.
>>
Beast Wars could be done so well as a big budget movie, but not Micheal Bay style. Id want it to be like the new planet of the apes movies in tone, but with moments of hardcore ramped up 80s style action.

dont fall into the easy themes, tell the hard stories of isolation on an "alien" world with no other sapient life. The constant back and forth base warfare. I would say don't avoid the cheesy parts, but embrace them, yessss.
>>
So Hannah barbera beyond
Grape Ape
Style: mellienial comedy
It's hard moving out on your own, it's even harder when your a 60ft purple ape.
Magilla Gorilla
Style: road to perdition
Pebbles pet shop has a dark secret, for the right price, you can hire Tue assassin, magilla gorilla, but when a little girl wants to change him, will he learn to love life?
Jabberjaw
Style: rockumentary
Go behind the mysteries, music, and dysfunction of the rock band the Neptune's.
Quick draw McGraw
Style zorro
Quick draw McGraw is deemed one of the worst marshalls of the west, but his alter ego, El-Kabong, fights both common scum and those who think they're above the law.
>>
>>93245931
That was literally the premise of a Space Ghost show Greg Weisman and Brandon Vietti pitched before doing Young Justice.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (142KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
142KB, 1280x720px
This right here

I would down play the magic (while not entirely getting rid of it) and play up the sci-fi more.

Personally, I'd go the route of making it more Tex Hex's story than Bravestarr's. Bravestarr would be the lawman sent to defend the planet from Tex's raids, but the meat of the story would be Tex's journey from a man who wanted to make a life with the woman he loved, to a man who let greed corrupt him, to his eventual redemption when he realizes just how much he fucked up in allowing himself to become a vessel for Stampede.

Stampede himself, in terms of the story, would not really exist outside Tex's mind. Stampede would be a creature who cannot directly affect the world, but is using Tex as a vector to wreak the havoc that he himself cannot.
>>
Cyber punk brown bricks
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.