[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I DARE YOU TO NAME A MORE ANNOYING AND WHINY FANBASE >catered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

File: image_ccc4b657.jpg (217KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
image_ccc4b657.jpg
217KB, 1200x630px
I DARE YOU TO NAME A MORE ANNOYING AND WHINY FANBASE

>catered to 24/7
>third biggest hero ever
>biggest marvel hero by far
>complains about EVERYTHING
>>
>>93244823
'Cause Marvel keeps making stupid decisions with him, duh
>>
>>93244823
Didn't the Voltron fandom blackmail the writers to force thier ship inside the show?
>>
>>93244837
One specific person did that, I don't think it was like an organized effort.
>>
>>93244823
>third biggest
i thought he was the biggest
>>
>>93244853
its Batman, Superman, Spidey
>>
>>93244860

Not according to Annual product sales. Spider-Man outsells all other heroes.

Although classically, it's Batman, Superman, Spider-Man as far as "Heroic Triumverate." And that's hard to say as a part of the Spidey fan base.

Of course, I'm Spidey Fanbase casual, because being hardcore and constantly pissed off after MJS, Quesada, and OMD was just a waste of time.

Although, I feel that as bad as Spidey fags are, Batfags are worse... their hero has little Super to back up him obviously metahuman capabilities.

At least Captain America can argue that his "peak human" is probably super human thanks to Science. Batman supposedly just trains... and anyone that full time works, works out, attends school, and sleeps... it's just not possible to keep that schedule.
>>
>>93244833
yes, every single one of the 1000000 spidey comics, games and movies every year are terrible, every single one
>>
>>93244924
I can believe Spidey merch outselling Supes but Batman? that's pretty wild.
>>
>>93244954
Yeah :(
>>
>>93244970
>>
>>93244977
Yeah :(((
>>
File: Marvel_vs_DC_Licensing_Chart.jpg (161KB, 648x853px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel_vs_DC_Licensing_Chart.jpg
161KB, 648x853px
>>93244968
Marvel/Disney markets a fuck ton of toys. Spiderman is the most marketed character, and makes the most money due to that. He brings in over a billion a year in revenues if I recall.
>>
>>93244823
>We hate Miles
>We hate Slott
>We love Parker
>Just not that Parker
>Parker was better poor
>Parker was better as a kid
>But hes better than Milo and all the rest
>We hate the movie, no we have not seen it but we hate it
>Miles is a Mary Sue (Sure he gets his ass kicked all the time and has character depth, but he is different and can shock people)

Every thread in a nutshell. It boils down to them just wanting a poor teenage Spider-Man with no character progression and who does not age. It is sad.
>>
>>93244968
Kids love Spidey. It's the reason they keep making him more and more kid friendly.
>>
>>93245062
I don't read Miles but I saw that thread yesterday where they posted pages from a comic where Miles kicked Blackheart's ass twice in a row. Seems pretty Mary Sue-ish for me.
>>
>>93245062

This... This is exactly what vexes me.

I love Pete, but in the 90s I hated all his teenage bitching and whining. I'll admit, shamefully, I thought Kevin Smith's "Evil that Men Do" (Beautiful as the art was) was an alright story... because we were seeing some character progression.

It kills me that the writers take the "Everyday Man" out of Spider-Man, but the Everyday man isn't some poor college student. After so many years of fighting crime and being a hero, Spidey should have some growth, just like Kevin was demonstrating growth with Black Cat.

It does kill me that Slott turned her into a cheap villain. She did the cheap villain thing, became the cheap girlfriend hero, but by early 2000s she was becoming interesting.

Just like Pete during the Horizon labs timeline. He's a scientist and researcher. Stable Income, some security in his life. That's not so damn horrible. Especially if you roll with the idea that you can hurt him other ways.

Pete finally gets a stable lifestyle, but his Wife divorces him (yeah, it seems mundane, but there are great stories that can come from a messy or even clean divorce). If you HAVE to go Dues Ex Machina by killing the love interest to end the marriage, AT LEAST give the death a few years, or better, Create an actual love interest people want to see.

I know this is cheap of me, but I loved seeing the Adult flirtatiousness of Felicia and Peter during his "break" with MJ.

Plus, for the Miles fans, making Peter a functioning adult and telling the story of the bumbling teenage Spider-Man under the tutelage of the original Spidey would be great.

TLDR: fuck, sorry guys there's no summary, I'm already drunk this morning. Yay rum, vodka, and Cream Soda.
>>
>>93244823
X-fans.
>>
>>93245189

I think it'd be better to focus the X fans to Deadpool and Wolverine fans.
>>
>>93244954
It's more 70% bad and 30% good
>>
>>93245177
I do not hate Slott, I actually enjoy Renew Your Vows and Superior Spider-Man, a lot. I just hate how he treated Black Cat. Other then that I enjoy Parker and Miles equally. A good character progresses no regresses. And going back to kid Parker WOULD be a regression.
>>
>>93245029
Is it because of the Spider-man design that attracted kids?
>>
>>93245029
Old info.
>>
Because for a lot of people, Spider-man is representative of their childhood, and you do NOT fuck with the childhood memories of a bunch of bitter and miserable wagecucks.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (100KB, 800x775px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
100KB, 800x775px
>>93244823
Because:
>Norman fucking Gwen is canon
>Gwen's babies are canon
>Peter selling his marriage to Mephisto is still canon
>And don't give me shit about reading Renew Your Vows and fucking off
>Still no marriage is canon
>Dan Slott has been writing Spider-man for 10 years and still hasn't quit when Spider-Island would've been high note to quit on
>Dan Slott killed fucking Mayday's parents, fuck him, why is he such an asshole reeee
Comics have been in an unreadable state ever since Dying Wish.

Around the same time Amazing Spider-man movies came and they are atrocious.

Spectacular Spider-man is cancelled with no resolution forever and its place to Ultimate Family Guy which is appaling.

New video game looks EXACTLY like Amazing Spider-man movie tie-ins except with better graphics + 40% of it is like QTEs + fucking Yuri Loventhal voices him.

[spoilder]Currently Spider-man is actually shit in every, EVERY form until Homecoming says otherwise[/spoiler]
>>
>>93245205

Agreed. No kid Parker. It's about time he stepped up and started acting like a leader in the Hero community, especially as a mentor for younger and newer heroes. I loved Peter coaching Hope during Avengers Vs X-Men. Peter makes for a great mentor when he isn't crippled by shit writers that think he's just some vapid, whiny asshat.
>>
>>93244823
It's just tiring, in the 90's you could also say he was catered 24/7, but it was shit, but even then not almost everything about it was shit, right now the only solace of quality are the spinoff series and maybe the videogames if the insomniac game is good
>>
>>93245205
>I do not hate Slott, I actually enjoy Renew Your Vows
The reason that Renew your vows is good is because Slott hasn't written it.
>>
>>93244823
The theory of diminishing spidey returns is a painful lesson that many people go through but few actively recognize. There are some ground rules that must be gone over to truly understand this theory
>Spider-Man is a character that many people grew up with, leading to nostalgia connections.
>The scope and tone of his stories change over time but usually they rest around the teen friendly area
>The general public is unaware of different interpretations of spidey. Unlike Batman, and to a lesser extent Superman, Spider-Man does not have an extensive film library or live action television series. This leads to a general consensus by the public how Spider-Man should act (science nerd, poor, wise-cracker), which can lead to confusion if the narrative deviates from it
>Spider-Man has a distinction of having an origin that is ingrained into the public mind. People know how he got his powers and became a hero, and are familiar with his villains

With these rules in mind, the law of diminishing spidey returns states that Spider-Man was better when you were a kid because you could relate to him. As he changes with the time and has contemporary changes, you lose the connection immediately. Every single person ingrained in pop culture experiences this: as time goes by for you, Spider-Man gets worse. Many of the complaints from the 2 movie series are good examples: organic webshooters, not a science genius, too many villains, disjointed scripts, Philip Philips and terrible Bourne Identity ripoffs. These ideas drift from the idea of spidey that you grew up with and worsen the concept for you. It gets worse when they make a new version of Spider-man (Gwen, Miles, Ben) and ultimately poisons the brand. Its why older people stop caring about spidey and gravitate over to Batman and Superman.

tl;dr: Spider-Man will never return to the awesome adventures you remember from the past because he is constantly changing and deviating from his roots you recognize.
>>
>>93245249
>caring about Spidey mythos
>>
>>93244968
Kids adore him
>>
File: Marvel_Cinematic_Universe.png (576KB, 1344x756px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel_Cinematic_Universe.png
576KB, 1344x756px
>>93244823
Easy

>Masturbates self about being the best
>Yet states any super hero movie that's better than any one movie outside of their precious universe is overrated
>Cries endlessly over the X-Men and Fantastic Four when they have hundreds of good franchises like self-entitled children
>Only has one good show in it's entire TV lineup
>Ruined anything that wasn't Guardians of the Galaxy or Avengers related but can never ever admit it
>>
>>93244823
>catered to 24/7
Oh, yeah. Terrible comics, terrible movies, terrible games.
We're so catered to!
>>
>>93245423
>>Cries endlessly over the X-Men and Fantastic Four

LOL
>>
>>93244823
Miles Morales fans are 300% worse.
>>
>>93245413

Clearly not just kids, but yeah... mostly kids. Toys, Clothing, Video Games, the comics, and the occasional novels. He reprints to kid friendly stories, and his status as Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man often times limits his dark/edgy stories' ability to make sales (despite some of them being really good).
>>
>>93245062
>It boils down to them just wanting a poor teenage Spider-Man with no character progression and who does not age.
Really? The biggest issue I've seen bought up is that they keep regressing Peter's development in an attempt keep him young.
>>
>>93245196
>>Amazing spider-man 2
>>Generic beat em style games
>>Ultimate Spider-man cartoon
>>Dan Slott

Wheres my 30%? Is it the ps4 trailer?
>>
>>93245062
>>Parker was better poor
>>Parker was better as a kid

People who actually read comics don't usually say either of these things.
>>
>>93244823
They're bad, but they're not X-fag bad.
>>
>>93245084
The first of which, he one-shots Blackheart with his Venom Blast.
>>
DEJA VU
I JUST BEEN IN THIS THREAD BEFORE
BY THE FAGGOT OP
AND I KNOW IT HAS BAIT IN STORE
>>
>>93245423
>Marvel can do it better
>Ignores every good X-Men movie and moves goalposts just so they can say they liked an X-Men movie without saying so
>>
>>93245205
>I do not hate Slott
>I actually enjoy Renew Your Vows

Are you referring to the currently running Renew Your Vows book? You know that Slott does not write that, right?
>>
>>93245492
>bootyblasted Spideyfag
>>
>>93245550
>faggot OP
>>
>>93245623
>identity politics with a fucking superhero
>>
>>93245474
The 30% was with your past experiences with spidey. It is all shit now.
But the Spider-Man PS4 game reminds me of the old ps1 game combined with the Spider-Man 2 movie game
>>
>>93245647
>nonsensical buzzwords from a retard OP fishing for more (You)s
>>
>>93245062
No retard, the bitching is because the writers want him to stay a bachelor loser. Getting rid of the marriage undid 20 years of character development.
>>
>>93245744
Anon, you're replying to a butthurt Milesfag (which is obvious from his post). Do not engage unless you want to be called racist.
>>
>>93244823
This.

Fuck. I'm sick of the goddamn /v/ threads already. No one there wants to be excited for it and just nicpicks and throws around shit they personally don't like in the game.

I don't guve a fuck about qtes, bamham combat, moonswinging, or whatever shit they say before even playing it.

I know I'll have a rad ol time playing that new game. The trailer looked great to me.
>>
>>93245649
>But the Spider-Man PS4 game reminds me of the old ps1 game combined with the Spider-Man 2 movie game

How? Its just a straight up ripoff of the Batman Arkham games.
>>
>>93245062
Miles has a personality? Since when?
>>
Kek
Look at all the faggots getting butthurt over being called out. I love it.
'Not MuH sPiDeRmAnS!' Boohoo hiss cry
>>
>summer starts
>shitposts like >>93246206 start popping up
Really makes you think.
>>
>>93244837
It was one person, and even then it wasn't top secret information. It was just leaks that the person reblogged.
>>
>>93246276
dude Summer starts in like April here. shitposting hasn't exactly been in scarcity recently.
>>
>>93244954
>There hasn't been a good Spiderman game since 2005.
>Homecoming is gonna suck but, people are gonna praise it anyway because "muh MCU"
>The last good Cartoon was Spectacular
>The comics haven't had a really engaging arc for the last 6 months

Sure, he's getting decent exposure but, Marvel is far more focused on their movie main stars (i.e. Iron-man, Cap, GoG). You can do all games, movies and, comics for a character you want but, if their all crap, die hard fans are gonna have a problem.
>>
All the bitching about the new Spider-Man game has been ridiculous.
>>
>>93245815
>>93246504
>bitching about people being not happy with something
You are as obnoxious as what you pretend to hate. How dare people dislike something or think it would detract from the experience.
>>
>>93244823
spiderfags are alot like superfags in that they don't know what they want 90% of the time

>>93246503
>There hasn't been a good Spiderman game since 2005.

shattered dimensions was pretty good and so was ASM2

also the infinite runner was a pretty fun time waster

>Homecoming is gonna suck but, people are gonna praise it anyway because "muh MCU"

if you were one of those people demanding sony to give the rights back to marvel and were expecting it to be good when they did then you have nobody to blame but yourself

>The comics haven't had a really engaging arc for the last 6 months

i dropped ASM because i don't like crossover events and ASM got shoehorned into 2 back to back so i don't know what to say about that

but isn't there RYV & spectacular as alternatives?
>>
>>93247056
>spiderfags are alot like superfags in that they don't know what they want 90% of the time

No, they know exactly what they want. Its pretty straight forward: Get rid of Slott and find someone who doesn't actively hate the title character of the book he's writing.
>>
>>93245177
>TLDR: fuck, sorry guys there's no summary, I'm already drunk this morning
Anon get help
>>
>>93245191
Deadpool's fans calmed down after people realized that Duggan was good a few years ago. Wolverine fans aren't nearly as annoying as they were years ago, either.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.