[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metal one-shots coming from September through November!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 24

File: gotham resistance.jpg (142KB, 495x751px) Image search: [Google]
gotham resistance.jpg
142KB, 495x751px
>Dark Nights: Metal one-shots give us a greater hint as to where Dark Days and Dark Nights are going ahead of Dark Matter and Metal at DC Comics.

>A series of one-shots coming from DC in September through November, show invaders from the Dark Multiverse that look a little familiar and inspire a Gotham Resistance, the name of Batman’s army that he’s been raising.

>Each features a different twisted version of Batman, mashed up with other characters, to threaten the DC Universe, The Red Death, The Murder Machine, The Dawnbreaker, The Drowned, The Merciless, The Devastator and The Batman Who Laughs. There will also be crossover stories as these twisted Batman inspire DC’s supervillains as Gotham Resistance.

>Let’s break down who’s doing what.
>>
File: the red death.jpg (139KB, 444x600px) Image search: [Google]
the red death.jpg
139KB, 444x600px
>>93243034
>September 13th: Teen Titans #12: Gotham Resistance #12 by Benjamin Percy and Mirka Andolfo.
>Nightwing #29: Gotham Resistance by Tim Seeley and Paul Pelletier
>Suicide Squad #26 : Gotham Resistance by Rob Williams and Stjepan Sejic

>September 20th: Batman: The Red Death #1, by Joshua Williamson and Carmine Di Giandomenico (twisted with The Flash).
>>
File: themurdermachine.jpg (142KB, 444x600px) Image search: [Google]
themurdermachine.jpg
142KB, 444x600px
>>93243056
>September 27th: Batman: The Murder Machine #1 by Frank Tieri and Ricardo Federici (twisted with Cyborg).
>>
>>93243034
So is this just Batman mixed with other DC characters? Sounds eh. Also:
>Black Canary/Green Arrow
>Gotham
>>
File: thedawnbreaker.jpg (137KB, 444x600px) Image search: [Google]
thedawnbreaker.jpg
137KB, 444x600px
>>93243078
>October 4th: Batman: The Dawnbreaker #1 by Sam Humphries and Ethan Van Sciver (twisted with Green Lantern).
>>
File: thedrowned.jpg (140KB, 444x600px) Image search: [Google]
thedrowned.jpg
140KB, 444x600px
>>93243092
>October 18: Batman: The Drowned #1 by Dan Abnett and Philip Tan (twisted with Aquaman).
>>
File: themerciless.jpg (142KB, 444x600px) Image search: [Google]
themerciless.jpg
142KB, 444x600px
>>93243104
>October 25th: Batman: The Merciless #1 by Peter J. Tomasi and Francis Manapul (twisted with Wonder Woman).
>>
>>93243056
Huh, so I guess we're not getting a Dark Nights September and this is why TT #12 isn't in Vol 2

Good to know not every books getting dragged in
>>
File: thedevastator.jpg (128KB, 444x600px) Image search: [Google]
thedevastator.jpg
128KB, 444x600px
>>93243115
>November 1st: Batman: The Devastator #1 (twisted with Doomsday). Creative team TBA – but could Dan Jurgens be involved?
>>
File: thebatmanwholaughs.jpg (138KB, 444x600px) Image search: [Google]
thebatmanwholaughs.jpg
138KB, 444x600px
>>93243133
>November 15th: The Batman Who Laughs #1 (twisted with The Joker, named after Victor Hugo‘s The Man Who Laughs, the inspiration for The Joker). Creative team TBA.

I'll bet this is by Snyder

>Each of the one-shots will have the foil stamped cover and UV coating in the fashion of Dark Days: The Forge #1, all drawn by Jason Fabok.

>source: shillingcool
>>
File: babs.jpg (33KB, 359x338px) Image search: [Google]
babs.jpg
33KB, 359x338px
>>93243034
>Crisis on Infinite Batmen!
The absolute madmen!
>>
>>93243156
>Each of the one-shots will have the foil stamped cover and UV coating
The kids of today should defend themselves against the 90’s
>>
>>93243115
>Peter J. Tomasi and Francis Manapul
This is already the best one-shot.
>>
The more I hear of this event the more what the fuck I get.
>>
>>93243115
That's definitely Ares-Batman
>>93243156
Fabok covers.
Neat.
>>
>>93243034
This is just more Bat-wanking, but I'm going to give a chance to some of these books, maybe they'll have some cool ideas

>The Red Death #1, by Joshua Williamson and Carmine Di Giandomenico
>The Dawnbreaker #1 by Sam Humphries and Ethan Van Sciver
>The Drowned #1 by Dan Abnett and Philip Tan
>The Merciless #1 by Peter J. Tomasi and Francis Manapul

Although I'll be VERY surprised if there won't be any art changes
The Devastator and The Batman Who Laughs will depend on the creative team
And poor Cyborg, fucking Frank Tieri, really? He is a hack of the highest order
>>
>>93243156
OP here, there were pictures going around Batman Inc, showing every DC character Batmanized, does anyone have those?
I couldn't find them
Seems like it's becoming reality
>>
>All these Batman one shots
DC must really wanna be #1 in September
>>
>>93243260
>and in comic news the top ten comics in September are all Batman
>>
>>93243260
well, what's a better way to kill Marvel Legacy than flooding the market with Batman?
>>
>>93243034
>Scott: Its not a batman event.
>>
>>93243286
>haha DC you may be doing well but now it is time to activate my event
>not so fast Marvel. Batman! Multiply!
>what is this! multiple Batmans! Impossible!
>by playing my tie-ins ability in combination my with multiverse hidden trap I can release as many Batman comics as I wish!
>noooooooooo
>>
>>93243133
>could
Look at the rest of the """creative""" teams. It's Jurgens for sure.
>>
File: 1430893987454.jpg (14KB, 320x308px) Image search: [Google]
1430893987454.jpg
14KB, 320x308px
>every book a Batman #1

those crafty little shits
>>
>>93243034
I guess any Batman related book that's on the lam on the numbers is getting a crossover while the others just go on as planned with a One Shot instead of a regular issue? Because with Det' only having one issue solicited I can see this.
>>
>>93243286
Short terms success by way of gimmicks and shit won't kill anything but DC. We are back to the days just before the new52. Very few good writers and artists regularly working for the company, a ton of crossovers on top of an event. And gimmick covers.
>>
File: my god its full of bats.jpg (100KB, 732x704px) Image search: [Google]
my god its full of bats.jpg
100KB, 732x704px
>>93243274
>the top ten comics in September are all Batman
Basically the story for 2017 thus far anyway:
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2017.html
>>
>a story where notBatmans are the enemy
>they all have powers
So close

Someone wake me up when the actual Batman is the enemy
>>
>>93243211
Then he fights right in with the rest of the group.
>>
>>93243211
hey, when we got Dog Fucker and Worst Lanterns we somehow got the best lantern book in ages. Maybe it'll work in Cyborg's favor too.
>>
>>93243286
>what's a better way to kill DC than flooding the market with Batman?
Fix'd.

If you look at DC's sales here:
>>93243380

You can see what would happen to them if they over-saturate and people get sick of All Batman All The Bat-Time.
>>
>>93243400
I'm really not seeing your argument. Unless it's a first issue or a heavily shilled overshiped anniversary issue, Batman does good. Unless you mean how fast Batman is bleeding? That's just the effect of Tom King and Double Shipping
>>
>>93243400
Literally all the books above Batman (though bar Secret Empire) is now below Batman. What are you even talking about
>>
>>93243374
>>93243400
seven one-shots spread over three months won't kill DC
>>
>>93243439
It will. The only thing that sells right now is Batman. All their comics are bleeding sales. They're trying cover gimmicks like they did in the 90s for temporary boosts in sales that will hurt in the long term. They're going full out with crossovers, all the titles are crossing over with others and shit.
>>
>>93243034
is Robin holding the Batmanium Bat-Symbol ?
>>
>>93243034
>Batmen in every book

Nope. Dropped.
>>
>>93243422
>Unless you mean how fast Batman is bleeding?
No, no, no: I'm saying that Bat's is far and away their best selling book. Every single book in the that list has Batman in it ( that Flash issue is part of The Button crossover ).

If they keep pushing Batman/Batbooks they're going to start cannibalizing their own readership: we've already got Batman, Justice League ( with Batman! ), Justice League of America ( which for some reason we're not just calling Batman and the Outsiders ), Trinity, Dark Knight III, All-Star Batman, Batman/TNMT, probably others I'm forgetting off of the top of my head.

>>93243436
>What are you even talking about
Reading comprehension: ur doin' it wrong.
>>
>>93243115
is that superman ?
>>
>>93243464
come on now
there might be some bleeding, but Marvel has that, too
and if you wanna talk about gimmicks, Marvel only stays competitive by launching about 10 books every month, then canceling them in a few months. DC has a much healthier business plan these days.
and cover gimmicks are very rare, only the Button and Metal got it recently.
>full out with crossovers
they have like one crossover in every 1,5-2 months, and those are usually very short (Superman Reborn, JLvsSS, The Button, Lazarus Contract etc.)
Metal is the first mega-event of the Rebirth era
>>
>>93243464
>They're going full out with crossovers,
It doesn't help that Night of the Monster Men and Lazarus Contract were both pretty crap.

I wasn't impressed with The Button either, but I'm not a FlashFag so most of that was lost on me.
>>
>>93243034
Jason.
>>
>>93243534
>but Marvel
Every. Single. Time.

Why is it I can go into a Mable thread and see people taking about Marble; but a DC thread inevitably has "but Marble!!"?
>>
>>93243548
He's too busy saving best boy.
>>
>>93243525
>No, no, no: I'm saying that Bat's is far and away their best selling book. Every single book in the that list has Batman in it ( that Flash issue is part of The Button crossover ).

truth be told, this has been a problem of DC for like the past 10-15 years
only the occasional events (Final Crisis, Flashpoint etc.), or a very successful run (Johns' GL) sell out Batman
I'm not saying it's a good thing, but hopefully, the new Dark Matter books, or possible Rebirth books (Shazam, JSA, LoSH etc.) will decrease DC's Bat-dependency
>>
>>93243034
Wtf is the reading order/list for this shit, their seems to be like 20 different books with different names but all the names are very similar and have different spinoffs
>>
>>93243534
I really really don't give a fuck about Marvel. The problem with DC is that it wants to fight fire with fire but it doesn't understand that
1) they will never be as scummy as Marvel
2) their audience will not tolerate as much shit as Marvel fans have tolerated
>they have like one crossover in every 1,5-2 months
And that's too much
>>
>>93243034
will buy it for dami and dick
>>
>>93243564
His point is that the sales bleeding has nothing to do with either as individual companies, the entire industry is crashing again because they've both been retards
>>
>>93243564
>>93243604
this
the big 2 live in a sorta symbiotic relationship
you can't really discuss one without the other
>>
Do any of the various Dark Days/Metal/The Forge/whatever this whole event is called have an issue #2? All I've seen are #1s.
>>
>>93243580
>1) they will never be as scummy as Marvel
Never say never, if what Marvel was doing was working they'd be taking a long hard look at it ( see, for example, the Wonder Woman movie and Joss being brought it for Justice League clean up and future movies ).

However:
>2) their audience will not tolerate as much shit as Marvel fans have tolerated
THIS. And more importantly MARVEL'S FANS AREN'T PUTTING UP WITH IT EITHER!

Seriously:
http://www.comicsbeat.com/titling-at-windmillls-259-what-the-hell-is-wrong-with-marvel-comics-anyway/

The bumps from the constant renumberings/relaunches and the crossovers and Big Events have been showing diminishing returns for some time now and it's gotten to the point that Retailers are screaming about it, not just fanboys on the interwebs.

TL;DR anyone says "but Marvel does it too!" you should ask them "yeah, and how's that working out for them right now?"
>>
>>93243211
It's not like the rest of the writers aren't hacks.
>>
>>93243600
What if they have evil universe Damiens to go with the evil Batmans?
>>
>>93243604
>>93243619
>the entire industry is crashing again because they've both been retards
"Marvel's slow start to 2017 worsened in April as Secret Empire #0 released; while the market as a whole was down year-to-date, the market not including Marvel was up."

From the same page as the screencap:
>>93243380
>>
>>93243156
It's like 90s Marvel and Image again.
>>
>>93243634
>everyone who isn't at Morrison or Moore's level is a hack
>>
>>93243621
All one shots are always #1 and then done.
>>
>>93243034
Nightwing and Teen Titans tying into another shitty event to compensate for no direction or decent stories in the ongoing.
>>
>>93243631
>yeah, and how's that working out for them right now?"
Weren't they neck and neck last month and the two before Marvel won? in terms of sales.
>>
>>93243621
Dark Nights: Metal is gonna be a 6-issue mini, I think.
>>
>>93243654
>Defending mediocre writers
>>
File: Screenshot_20170616_072341.png (16KB, 585x91px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170616_072341.png
16KB, 585x91px
>>93243648
>the market not including Marvel was up
Makes me wonder what the sales charts are gonna look like when they get around to posting them :::drums fingers:::
>>
>>93243659
>Nightwing and Teen Titans tying into another shitty event
Also apparently Babsgirl ( which would make sense ), Black Canary ( because TBoP ), Green Arrow ( because ... Black Canary? ), and The Suicide Squad ( I ... got nuffin' ).
>>
>>93243713
SS because of Harley and Croc.
>>
>>93243698
#1 sell better than #0
>>
>>93243664
>Weren't they neck and neck last month and the two before Marvel won? in terms of sales.
I think they pulled ahead in UNITS but still not in DOLLARS ( because most of Marvel's stuff is a dollar or more more per issue ).

The problem is things like this are getting more and more common:
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/09/big-bang-comics-lost-quarter-deadpool-customers/

Basically the shop owner is saying that they kept shitting out oversized $9 issues for Deadpool ( which sold well at first ) but they've killed the goose that laid the golden egg by going back to the well too many times ( if you'll excuse my mangled metaphors ).

If you read the link here:
>>93243631
You'll see quite a long rant about things like this ( from the first paragraph ):
"In February 2017 Marvel’s best-selling ongoing superhero title barely passed 60k on the Diamond chart estimates. They ran three “event” style crossovers – “IvX”, which sold fewer copies than that, and “Clone Conspiracy” and “Monsters Unleashed”, neither of which cracked 50k. In fact, in what probably has to be a first for Marvel comics, other than “Amazing Spider-Man”, they don’t have any ongoing superhero titles selling over 50k in February.

(DC meanwhile places fifteen superhero comics selling over 50k that month, so you have a reasonable comparative)"

Remember that Diamond sales are sales from preorders to the comic shops ( what they think they can sell, not what customers actually ring up and walk out the door with ).
>>
>>93243766
>because most of Marvel's stuff is a dollar or more more per issue
Not most because DC doesn't have that many 2.99 titles left. Also double shipping. But yes, Marvel regularly wins the dollar share.

>but they've killed the goose that laid the golden egg
Sounds like what DC wants to do right now. Hey, remember when Wolverine was a real good seller and was appearing everywhere? Both these companies are obsessed with making a quick buck, it's baffling but with Marvel they're happy to put out 2+ events/year, relaunch relau8nc relaunch with the same creative teams and they also have Star Wars which will for some reason always sell.
DC seems obsessed with pandering to noslagiafags right now by getting the same writers that worked on a character 30 years ago to do a redux and these things won't be massive sellers but they will stagnate their line.
>>
>>93243034
I Will Buy it for Damian Wayne.
>>
>>93243350
Unironically this.
>>
So is everyone now a Batfamily member? I mean all the logos are other characters mixed in with Batman's
>>
An entire Earth where everyone is Batman...
>>
File: EVERY TIME.jpg (25KB, 566x212px) Image search: [Google]
EVERY TIME.jpg
25KB, 566x212px
>>93243859
>Hey, remember when Wolverine was a real good seller and was appearing everywhere?
That's actually the perfect example!

More recently they did the same thing with Spider-Man: we had Spider-Man ( Miles), Amazing Spider-Man ( Peter), Renew Your Vows (alt universe Peter married to MJ), Spider-Man/Deadpool, Uncanny Avengers ( he quit in the the first issue of the most recent relauch ), Adjectiveless Avengers, and I'm sure I'm forgetting others.

Also Web Warriors (rip), Silk (rip), Spider-Woman (rip), and Spider-Gwen. Because *clearly* what the MU needed was THREE ONGOING SPIDER-CHICK BOOKS! AND THEN THEY HAD THEM CROSSOVER!!

And Black Panther did really well until they shit out two more books: World of Wakanda and Black Panther and the Crew ( the latter got shitcanned after it's second issue when everyone just noped right past it ).
>>
>>93243939
It's like Being John Malkovich, only with Batman.
>>
>>93243859
>reason always sell.
>DC seems obsessed with pandering to noslagiafags right now by getting the same writers that worked on a character 30 years ago to do a redux and these
Yeah: The Button did nothing for me ( because I only started reading Flash after I started watching the show and only really got into DC with Nu52, although I've gone back and read quite a bit since then ); and The Forge was dropping all sorts of references to shit that I had no fucking clue about until people explained about the Tower and whatall.

Same deal in Titans, Superman, and Wonder Woman really.
>>
>>93243906
>So is everyone now a Batfamily member?
Yes. Yes, they are:
>>93243157
>>
>>93243115
>Peter J. Tomas
>Wonder Woman

Again with this shit. Remember SM/WW?
>>
>>93243085
Black Canary is from Gotham
>>
>>93244027
Too much of Rebirth is:
>See this thing? Remember it from before? Here it is again! You like thing!

That shit doesn't work if you haven't read whatever prior runs they're referencing.
>>
>>93244109
it kinda work because they way DC portray nostalgia makes the casual reader wonder what the deal is, so they search about it online.
>>
>>93243982
This are just one shots tying in to an event though, not a bunch of new on-goings.
>>
File: SUPERMAN #8_Page_3.jpg (325KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SUPERMAN #8_Page_3.jpg
325KB, 791x1200px
>>93244109
>That shit doesn't work if you haven't read whatever prior runs they're referencing.
I feel your pain. Image related was a really shitty two issue homage to Darwin Cooke ... which people fell all over themselves praising because he'd just passed.

>>>93244139
>makes the casual reader wonder what the deal is, so they search about it online.
That doesn't really work though: if you're not emotionally invested in Wally West then having him show up in Rebirth has zero impact. Looking it up will tell you WHO he is ... but you're still not going to get anything out of it.

If you've read Crisis and you see the Tower at the end of The Forge then that's going to flash you back to when you read it; looking it up just gives you a paragraph about the Anti-Monitor ( literally, who? ) and leaves you scratching your head.

In the case of image related it was actually WORSE because when I found the comic that was being referenced the whole thing had already been spoiled by the superman issues.
>>
>>93244109
Doesn't stop casuals from loathing an adaptation even if they've never read the source material. See Rucka's WW run from Rebirth. You'll see everyone from Mary Sue to other comic journos praising it.
>>
>>93244200
Just look up reddit. You'll see a lot of casuals there praising rebirth, while saying that they don't like to read anything before 2000s.
>>
>>93244109
I think DC recognized this problem, that's why the Dark Matter books are going to be new or refurbished properties
>>
>>93244166
>This are just one shots tying in to an event though, not a bunch of new on-goings.
This is true, but it's STILL an awful lot of Bat Books all at one go.

<Oprah>YOU get a Batman! And YOU get a Batman! And YOU get a Batman! EVERBODY GETS A BATMAN!!</Oprah>
>>
>>93243859
>DC seems obsessed with pandering to noslagiafags right now by getting the same writers that worked on a character 30 years ago to do a redux and these things won't be massive sellers but they will stagnate their line.

Besides Jurgens on Action Comics, what ongoing DC books have writers who worked on the book from 20+ years ago
>>
>Everyone complains about how there's never any evil Batmen stories
>Snyder dedicates a whole event to an army of evil Batmen
M A D M A N
>>
>>93244109

Personally though that's what really made me dig deeper into comics as a kid, so I'm glad they're doing it again. And it expands you're imagination if you don't know what the thing is and kind of need to fill in the blanks.

Every comic is someone's first comic, and they work really well when their's unexplained stuff because you know you can buy more issues and find out more.
>>
>>93244139
Not really. The execution is just bland so it leaves people cold. It works for hype men but hype men are shill-y so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>93244282
Not everyone is 20+ years, but they brought back Rucka, Bates, Dixon, Barr, Giffen on blue beetle again.
>>
>>93244239
They're old gimmicks and characters getting a facelift. Most of them originul donut steel levels of uncreative.
>>
>>93244386
+ Wolfman on Raven, Wein on Swamp Thing, Ostrander on Suicide Squad one-shots
At least most of those are contained in minis
>>
File: run barry run.jpg (222KB, 1113x954px) Image search: [Google]
run barry run.jpg
222KB, 1113x954px
>>93244222
>You'll see a lot of casuals there praising rebirth, while saying that they don't like to read anything before 2000s.
I think that, at least at first, had more to do with the overall tone: nu52 was pretty fucking bleak and edgy overall. I mean: Johns literally said that they'd "lost the joy" somewhere along the line.

What boggles my braincells is how repetitive some of the books are even if you're NOT an oldFag with 30 years of longboxes.

I mean: image related is from the first arc of The Flash. It's literally the fucking plot of EVERY SEASON of the tv show ffs!

Over in Green Arrow they hooked up Ollie and Black Canary ( with zero build up ) then had Ollie lose his company and blew up the city ... where have I seen THIS before? ( I'm just waiting for him to run for mayor again. )

Action Comics started out with DOOMSDAY ATTACKS! ( Didn't I just see this in a movie? )

That's not to poop on the whole line, I'm reading more DC now than I was before Rebirth, but the shine's worn off of quite a bit of it for me.
>>
>>93244282
>>93244386
Neal Adams is also going to be working on Deadman and then there's Tomasi recycling his work on B&R on Superman but giving it a new paint job.
And then there's stuff like Green Arrow and Nightwing that are just "let's go over their history and remake them 2017 style"
Other than that they've been giving a lot of hacks like Tieri and Jai Nitz one shots and minis.
>>
>>93244429
Not like Raven or Swamp Thing have ongoings...
>>
>>93244395
And?
The point is that they are going to be accessible for new readers
>>
>>93244295
Here's the problem, a mediocre comic referencing something much better and making you read it will only make the current ongoing look even more pointless and stupid.
>>
>>93244432
>Johns literally said
Nobody gives a fuck what that hack had to say.
>>
>>93244464
But they're still unimaginative and repetitive and they most likely won't sell. For the most part, they've got the same creative teams the Rebirth line up does so they're not even bringing in fresh voices.
>>
>>93244440
>Green Arrow and Nightwing that are just "let's go over their history and remake them 2017 style"
That's also most of Wonder Woman ( erasing pretty much the entire previous run and hooking her back up with Steve Trevor ); all of Titans ( and Titan's Hunt before it even moreso ); and the entire Wild Storm line.
>>
File: Me_At_The_End_of_A_Semester.png (269KB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
Me_At_The_End_of_A_Semester.png
269KB, 540x303px
>>93243034
Do what now?
>>
>>93244506
>and the entire Wild Storm line.
That's only one comic. And while you have a point with Ellis being brought back, I'll give him credit for doing something vastly different from his Authority.
But there's also Synergy Squad and "Supergirl: The TV Show. A Comic Book Adaptation". Also, giving a character like Supergirl a mini on top of her ongoing is the definition of pointless.
>>
Poor Jason ....
>>
>>93244501
>they most likely won't sell
We'll see
The Forge was insanely well received this week, my LCS sold out by wednesday evening
I can imagine Metal's popularity lifting the spinoffs
>>
>>93244484
>N-nobody cares what the President and Chief Creative Officer had to say!
t.Kellyanne Conway
>>
Pretty sure the Teen Tians/Nightwing/Suicide Squad tie-in is only the first announced of several more tie-ins in the monthlies. The Metal miniseries itself is said to run 6 issues, so it will run from August 2017 to January 2018, leaving plenty of time to announce much more tie-ins IMHO
>>
As far as I can tell (if I'm reading this correctly) the crossovers will only effect Teen Titans #12, Nightwing #29 and Suicide Squad #26, which form the “Gotham Resistance”.
>>
>>93244560
>The Forge was insanely well received this week,
Dude. Even fucking CBR's forum was more negative than not.
>>
>>93244473

Some comics are mediocre, other aren't. Whether they're referencing shit from the past doesn't mean they are good or not.
>>
>>93244553
>That's only one comic
So far:
https://www.newsarama.com/33166-the-wild-storm-relaunch-expands-to-four-titles.html
>>
>>93244591
But normies love Snyder
That's why you won't see many people praising him here or cbr, yet he still sells well
>>
>>93244626
>But normies love Snyder
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>93244591
LMFAO are you seriously that fucking desperate you fucking moron? You're using a Marveldrone shithole as if it says anything about the casual audience?
>>
>>93244587
>will only effect Teen Titans #12, Nightwing #29 and Suicide Squad #26
Of course if you're already reading TT then this will be your second crossover after Lazerus Contract; if you're already reading SS then this will be your second crossover after JL vs SS; and if you're already reading Nightwing then this will be your second crossover after Monster Men.
>>
>>93244560
You mean a comic with the likes of Scott Snyder and Jim Lee on credits and batman in the leading role sold well? Shocking, but I guess The Immortal men, Sideways and The Silencer and... whatever the fuck they have line up will surely sell too.
>>
>>93244626
>That's why you won't see many people praising him here
Yeah, it has nothing to do with shit like The Wake or Batman Eternal.
>>
>>93244561
Nobody with a brain. Johns eats too much shit and drinks his kool aid. The guy that did The Darkseid War has no business bitching about anything.
>>
>>93244654
>damage control
You're not fooling anyone, Scott.
>>
IT sold Because of batman not Scott Synder.
>>
>>93244608
For several months now... and with nothing announced for the next 3 months. I'm sure Ellis will recruit some hack-y friends but I can't get my panties in a bunch by something that hasn't happened.
>>
>>93244673
>y-you have to agree with me o-or you're stupid!
Don't they teach you kids The Emperor's New Clothes anymore?
>>
>>93244696
>>y-you have to agree with me o-or you're stupid!
Literally what Geoff Johns and his cronies believe.
>>
>>93244673
>I hate Johns and that's why NOBODY gives a fuck what he had to say
>>
The problem is that Snyder is only talking about his own book and it's largely true that you dont need to read any of the tie-in's to get his story. The issue is that these other books appear to be ongoings from elsewhere... like this 'Gotham Resistance' appears to be taking place across Teen Titans, Suicide Squad and Nightwing. And this is a problem because you can't guarantee the same readers get all of those, secondly you have the problem of not everyone being that interested in those other books otherwise and ofc the people who aren't interested in the event at all but read these books and still gets pulled into it.

Like take TT and SS, they are team books, there will be people who read them who are more interested in the other members or the team as a whole, not the handpicked specials who appear to be taking part in this.

If this was meant to be just something for fans who are interested in seeing this expanded multiverse, they should have made dedicated tie-in's, like a mini-series. Not take books out of their planned runs and stories for an issue to do this and then try and get back to the other stuff.
>>
>>93244692
>I can't get my panties in a bunch by something that hasn't happened.
I'm not complaining; I actually much prefer a reboot as it's own thing rather than trying to munge the Wildstormverse into the DCverse, personally. It was just a really really obvious example of giving a property 'a 2017 spin'.
>>
>>93244717
He's just a stupid person and so are his fans.
>>
File: slow children.jpg (17KB, 262x323px) Image search: [Google]
slow children.jpg
17KB, 262x323px
>>93244711
>>93244739
>confirmed for 13 years old
I keep forgetting that we're on Summer Break now and the fuckwits that act like immature teenagers are, in all probability, actual immature teenagers.
>>
>>93243056
>>93243092
>>93243104
It's sad that the other members of the JL can't get in on this since their powers are pretty integral to their characters. For example, an Atlantean Superman wouldn't feel anything remotely like a Superman.
>>
>>93244737
It depends. If they're trying to reinvent these characters and give them new spins with new creative people on board them I'm game. If all they're doing is just remaking their old Wildstorm stories and hiring back the likes of Gage and Casey then fuck that shit.
>>
>>93243350
>Brevoort on suicide watch
>>
>>93244761
>immature teenagers
Literally Geoff Johns audience.
>>
>>93243713
>Stjepan Sejic
None of those books are crossing over besides suicide squad
>>
File: hawkbro.jpg (34KB, 451x290px) Image search: [Google]
hawkbro.jpg
34KB, 451x290px
>>93244774
>I-I know you are, but what am I?
>>
>>93244787
>Stjepan Sejic
U Wot, M8?

>None of those books are crossing over besides suicide squad
No one said they were, those characters are on the cover post in the OP:
>>93243034
>>
>Invaders from the Dark Multiverse Attack Earth, Giving Rise to The ‘Gotham Resistance’. Evil versions of the Dark Knight are coming to terrorize Earth this September, as DC teased early details on a series of seven one-shot comics that tie into the upcoming DARK NIGHTS: METAL event. Each one-shot story spotlights a different, corrupted version of Batman spawned from the Dark Multiverse to wreak havoc on Earth

>“With names like The Red Death, The Murder Machine, The Dawnbreaker, The Drowned, The Merciless, The Devastator and The Batman Who Laughs, it’s pretty clear that these creatures mean business and prove just how dangerous the Dark Multiverse will be for DC’s heroes,” said Patrick McCallum, DC Entertainment Executive Editor.

>The terror begins on September 20 with BATMAN: THE RED DEATH #1, by Joshua Williamson (writer) Carmine Di Giandomenico (artist), followed by BATMAN: THE MURDER MACHINE #1, written by Frank Tieri with art by Ricardo Federici on September 27. Writer Sam Humphries and artist Ethan Van Sciver will team up on BATMAN: THE DAWNBREAKER #1, on sale October 4, with Dan Abnett and artist Philip Tan collaborating on BATMAN: THE DROWNED #1 October 18. The month concludes with Peter J. Tomasi and Francis Manapul on BATMAN: THE MERCILESS #1, on sale October 25.

>November features two additional one-shot titles, BATMAN: THE DEVASTATOR #1 (on sale November 1) and THE BATMAN WHO LAUGHS #1 (on sale November 15).
>>
>>93244857
>The presence of these malevolent characters infects some of DC’s deadliest Super-Villains, who are ready to take down Gotham City once and for all. But rest assured, DC’s bravest heroes aren’t rolling over for anybody and are ready to fight for the city’s very soul in “Gotham Resistance,” a series of crossover stories beginning with TEEN TITANS #12 written by Benjamin Percy with art by MIrka Andolfo (on sale September 13), NIGHTWING #29 by Tim Seeley and Paul Pelletier (on sale September 20) and SUICIDE SQUAD #26 by Rob Williams and Stjepan Sejic (on sale September 27).

>”With the combination of an event comic helmed by two of the most talented creators in comic history a legion of evil Batmen and crossover titles that show just how deeply this event impacts the DCU, fans will know now more than ever that DARK NIGHTS: METAL is something not to be missed,” said McCallum.

>Each $3.99 BATMAN one-shot ships with a special foil stamped cover featuring a protective UV coating, with art by fan-favorite creator Jason Fabok (JUSTICE LEAGUE: DARKSEID WAR, SUICIDE SQUAD: THE BLACK VAULT, BATMAN ETERNAL). Issue #1 of DARK NIGHTS: METAL hits comic book stores and digital retailers on Wednesday, August 16.
>>
>>93244795
Literally what you've done since the start. This idiot Johns is blaming Watchmen for hacky writers of the past 20 year. He's probably trying to excuse himself too. This man has no sense for responsibility, he's a hack and his iq is 80 at most. You don't get to create a godawful run like his Justice League and end it with the godawful Darkseid War where he personally creates Grail and then bitch about others. All he does now is get work for his hack friends like Humphries or Lobdell. Geoff Johns is a moron and his fans are even dumber, evident by you since all you've been doing is bitching that
>waah you suck because you don't like this arrogant up his own ass Johns fellow
>>
File: co has great rage.jpg (266KB, 441x645px) Image search: [Google]
co has great rage.jpg
266KB, 441x645px
>>93244877
>being this booty blasted
Can you show us on the dolly where Based Cereal King touched you, child?
>>
>>93244857
>Evil versions of the Dark Knight
Bruce WAYNES??????
>>
>>93244857
>>Invaders from the Dark Multiverse Attack Earth
Forever Evil 2.0 ( Now with more Bat! )
>>
This whole thread is filled with MarvelDrones afraid of more sucess to DC...

Calm the fuck down and lets hope Marvel gets a good new cycle of books like MarvelNow! was...

(also if was not sw books, marvel would be #2 by far already, and where the fuck is the may numbers?)
>>
>>93245098
Marvel now was not good you undercover marveldrone. You just want to see DC run Ned like Marvel.
>>
>>93244866
>>93244857
So where is Bat-Superman
>>
>>93244578
Looks like you're right.
>>93244866
>>
File: run ned run.gif (18KB, 145x260px) Image search: [Google]
run ned run.gif
18KB, 145x260px
>>93245155
>just want to see DC run Ned
Implying you don't want to see them get their Jesus Jog on.
>>
>>93245174
>So where is Bat-Superman
I assume that's what this is supposed to be ( remember it's a evil version ):
>>93243133
>Batman: The Devastator #1 (twisted with Doomsday)
>>
I pirate these, so I don't care how much it costs. I just want them to be fun. If not, I've only wasted five or ten minutes of my time.
>>
>>93243034
so, which Batman is going to be the most OP?
>>
>>93245298
>I just want them to be fun.
>fun
NOW YOU'VE DONE IT!
>>
>>93243034
>Metal
>Nth metal
>it's just Batwank

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

I may pirate the GA/Black Canary one but even that doesn't really have me interested with all this fucking Batshilling.
>>
>>93245155
MarvelNow! 1.0 was good man, what sort of shitty taste you have?
>>
>>93244090
she was, a long while ago
>>
>>93243034
Ollies reaction sums it up pretty well
>>
>>93244109
the are pesting new readers. This is what makes impossible to get new readers.
>>
>have GA because he's a not-Batman
>no Ted Kord
Booooo
Also please allow him to interact with the greater DCU already
>>
>>93244139
most people won't do so, a casual won't try to understand, maybe for Gotham but they won't read Green lantern, Superman, league of justice and so on in order to understand a story.
>>
>>93245480
Says who? You? Numbers don't lie, they are getting more readers
>>
>>93244139
I have been reading Batman for 3 years and each time they have these events i want to drop the whole thing. because of this people believe comics are stupid.
>>
>>93245416
Shit taste detected.
>>
>>93244052
SMWW was editor mandated.
We are safe because it never happened in this new rebirth world
>>
>>93245811
Nice excuses.
>>
http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-all-star-batman-canceled-scott-snyder/?utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-TW&view=list
thank god -it is over.
>>
>>93245539
yes, but Rebirth got more readers and the movies got more readers. These events don't get readers.
>>
>>93243115
Tomasi isn't getting the Wonder Woman solo is he?
>>
>>93245897
>over
>The New York Times best-selling writer confirmed that he will continue writing in continuity Batman stories with top-level artists like Sean Murphy, Afua Richardson, Lee Bermejo and Paul Pope but that they will appear in a new prestige-style format that he expects DC Comics will announce in the coming days or weeks.
>>
>>93245897
Is there anything that you can share specifically about the new format books?

No. [Laughs] I hate having to be so vague about what the initiative itself is, but until DC announces it formally, I can’t say too much about it, like what the name of it is, or what the exact definition of it is. But it’s a real thing that happening really soon that I think will excite a lot people. I am really proud to be a part of it.
oh god no,,it is not over.
>>
>>93245921
he isn't a woman, or a woman in a man's body like rucka, so no
>>
>>93245930
>>The New York Times best-selling writer confirmed that he will continue writing in continuity Batman stories with top-level artists like Sean Murphy, Afua Richardson, Lee Bermejo and Paul Pope but that they will appear in a new prestige-style format that he expects DC Comics will announce in the coming days or weeks.
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo he is like cancer.
>>
>>93245428
She still is, as a BoP.
>>
>>93245886
Jurgens said it never happened,thank god, and DC editors wanted to sell couple shit so they forced SMWW onto life support.
i worked cashier last night and saw a dude wearing that smww shirt that says 'oh superman did it again'
>>
>>93245930
>The New York Times best-selling writer confirmed that he will continue writing in continuity Batman stories
That sucks.
>>
>>93245917
Events sell the most.

Even events with low selling stars like inhumans and carol do good. People want too see all their heroes in one book.
>>
>>93243222
>OP here, there were pictures going around Batman Inc, showing every DC character Batmanized, does anyone have those?
what? Care to elaborate?
>>
>>93245961
The problem with that comic wasn't the shipping, you shipping shit. It was just badly written, especially under Tomasi.
>>
>>93245930
Seems like they reboot characters every 10 years...

Sometimes Marvel does this...and uses the exact same stories (with new art)...

How lame...
>>
>>93245930
Fail harder Synder.Failure.
>>
>>93245981
Events do sell well, but the entire line post an event sells less.
>>
>>93245988
It was both. Horrible writing to try to justify a couple that dont belong together.
Tomsai just tried the hardest to make it work.
>>
>>93245930
In other words, we're going to bring you the top artists, but you're going to pay $6.99 for it.
>>
>>93245897
>>93245934
>>93245947
>>93245970
>>93246017
What's the problem?
>>
>>93245987
To clarify, fan-made pictures
Like showing Flash, GL, Superman etc. becoming part of Batman Inc with a bat-inspired costume
Wanted to find those because they are similar to these one-shots
>>
>>93246048
Robinfags triggered because we are getting more Snyder Batman
>>
>>93246048
Scott Synder still Writes batman..It's like a curse
>>
>>93246083
There are, what, 3 other Batman ongoings right now? Why does Snyder trigger you?
>>
>>93245938
So is he trans now?
>>
>>93245930
I am at a loss for the words. Truly ridiculous.
>>
>>93246095
Synders gay boyfriends.
>>
>>93246174
I've read it somewhere (it may have been a shitpost tho) that he identifies as a woman
>>
>everyone is Batman now
I'm starting to think that DC is testing to see just how far they can push the Bat-Cock down everyone's throats until even the normies pull back and spit the jizz into the company's face. Like, people gotta get sick of this shit at some point. There has to be a line the public will draw once they realize they've been tricked into thinking the most "relateable" superhero is an absurdly rich white douchebag who constantly pushes his own highly questionable values on others, going so far as to punishing them for not conforming to his beliefs. Well, either that, or they just elect the fucker as president.
>>
>>93245981
cause faithful old readers spent more money, more from the same old readers.
>>
File: giphy.gif (688KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
688KB, 500x282px
>>93245930
>>
>>93246095
ALL STAR BATMAN #14

Written by SCOTT SNYDER
Art by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
Backup story art by SEBASTIAN FIUMARA
Cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
Variant covers by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE and SEBASTIAN FIUMARA
“The First Ally” finale! In the final issue of Scott Snyder’s high-octane run on ALL STAR BATMAN, he and superstar artist Rafael Albuquerque put Batman to the ultimate test! Faced with either losing his future as Batman or the person he loves most, the Dark Knight must decide which ultimate price he is willing to pay.
Batman dies..
>>
>>93246457
Alfred wil die ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>93245291
Superdoom is back?
>>
>>93244052
>Again with this shit. Remember SM/WW?

Do I remember a great comic? Yes I do!

What was bad about besides ''not muh ship!!!!''? nothing, it was great, they fighting Zod and Faora was brilliant!
>>
>>93246047
i would pay more for a good plot.
>>
>>93246211
everybody can imagine that from his obsession with lesbians.
>>
File: All-Star Batman #14 Cover.jpg (3KB, 82x125px) Image search: [Google]
All-Star Batman #14 Cover.jpg
3KB, 82x125px
>>93243034
OP Pic is by Stjepan Sejic

>>93245897
Pic related

>>93245930
>>93245947
>implying that initiative will be announced next week
Don't forget SDCC.
>>
>>93243034
Batman: The Bueno when?
>>
>>93243034
>Duke isn't on the cover
I find this hard to believe.
>>
>>93243034
Cool.
>>
>>93246048
Snyder wants to kill Bruce to replace him with Duke. Or the Joker
>>
>>93248027
?
>>
>>93248360
that anon is a dumb ass ignore him
>>
File: 1478040151063.png (108KB, 269x365px) Image search: [Google]
1478040151063.png
108KB, 269x365px
>>93243034
>Batwank: The Event

I'm not even going to bother with this
>>
>>93244432
>Over in Green Arrow they hooked up Ollie and Black Canary ( with zero build up )
I agree with a lot of your post, but I can't complain about this one: Ollie and Dinah really shine together, their relationship has always been impulsive enough that them suddenly hooking up didn't feel very forced, and it's not like they're together in the show (unless something happened in Season 5?)
>>
>>93244591
The storytime thread was by-and-large positive here. People disliked Duke, and were put off by Joker, but seemed to enjoy everything else. Personally, I'm just really happy to have Plas back.
>>
>>93243525
DKIII just ended and All Star is moving to a more prestige format, which is healthier than Another Bat Monthly, and clearly differentiate in proposal from other titles
>>
>>93244641
?

his run is literally called "the best batman run of all time" by them
>>
>>93245930
For fucks sake, get him off Batman already!

Is he really this creatively destitute and desperate?
>>
>>93246095
Because while once he made good stories, it's no longer the case, especially with Batman.

I don't like his portrayal of Batman and Gotham anymore, and I find especially his desperation to have a memorable scene/character/book off-putting. He is not writing to tell good stories, he is writing to have that 'special' story that he will be remebered by and the tryhardning is really unattractive.
Thread posts: 212
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.