[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loonatics Unleashed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: 6987702820_213730faa3_b.jpg (142KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
6987702820_213730faa3_b.jpg
142KB, 720x480px
Remember how everyone hated this?
In light of the last 10 years, would you change your stance on it?
>>
>>93241134
I never thought I'd say this but the designs are fucking terrible, which is quite the task considering their starting point was looney tunes
>>
>>93241134

They look and act different and go from being comedic to being action. They're so different from their original selves they should've been new characters.

That being said it had potential to being popular despite being a bastardization.
>>
I was just thinking. Why add the unleashed part isn't loonatics already an extreme version of Looney Tunes
>>
>>93241134
why would you drege this up. I wanted to forget! wtf was the deal anyways.
>>
File: Kellel.jpg (34KB, 362x573px) Image search: [Google]
Kellel.jpg
34KB, 362x573px
>>93241134
Eh look man it was another time, we used to think the future would be super edgy and dark so lot of people did this kinfd of stuff unironically

Another example is pic related superman x im not even kidding the episode that introduced classic superman was titled "man of tomorrow" the episode that introduces this guy is called "the man from the edge of tomorrow"

i have always just seen loonatics as a product of it's time, pretty sure if you go to newgrounds around that age you will find a bunch of similar edgy redesigns but for vidya characters like mega man

it's what kid used to think was cool so a producer said let's try this with looney tunes
>>
>>93241134
For most people, the problem was
"This isn't my "Loony Tunes"

For me it was the voice acting, and how all the punchlines were delivered in an underwhelming fashion. Emotionally Monotone.

Watching it now, it feels like it could be an episode of Ben10 or Generator Rex.
>>
>>93241166
Weren't they supposed to be descendants of the original looney tunes? So technically they are their own characters
>>
>>93241134
This show wasn't as bad as I thought it could be, but it was never better than mediocre.

Tech is best boy.
>>
File: Bravest-Warriors.jpg (202KB, 1150x577px) Image search: [Google]
Bravest-Warriors.jpg
202KB, 1150x577px
I think it took itself too seriously.
It should have been what Bravest Warriors was.
>>
It was an okay show, and I didn't regret watching it. It entertained me.
>>
>>93241166
>They're so different from their original selves they should've been new characters

They were.
>>
>>93241509
I remember shipping Lexi and Tech for some odd reason.
>>
>>93241299
compared to the crap we get nowadays line teen titans go and Steven universe I rather we go back to those times, when cartoons weren't made by art school rejects with ADD
>>
File: 1497391441231.jpg (41KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1497391441231.jpg
41KB, 640x640px
>>93241134
it was bad and would have preferred another season of Duck Dodgers, now that was a good Looney Toons show
>Worf voicing all the robots
>QT Queen martian that gave everyone boners
>that Samurai Jack episode voiced by Mako
>Tom Jones sang the opening
>Marvin was really good
>that Green Lantern episode
>IQ was a decent character to play off jokes from
>that episode with the erotic amazon space bugs
>that episode where the queen chased after Daffy's dick and gave him two choices, fuck or die
>that episode that copies the Iron Giant
>the Elmer Fudd episode
>the fact that the show was 100% original
sorry thinking about how great of a show that was got me going off on a long post
>>
File: Bewm.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bewm.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
>>93241134
For what it's worth, I liked it. I distinctly remember not-Bugs do his "wabbit season/duck season" schtick before fighting helping with that.
It would've helped if they didn't push the fact that they're descendants of the original Looney Tunes and kept them separate. Maybe an alternate reality where the Monstars won and sapped all comedy from the world if a connection has to stick.
Sure, it wouldn't have stopped the show from being stigmatized as the "dark and edgy Looney Tunes," but it would've given them the freedom to go wild with the setting and let the viewers watch it for what it is.

It really felt like an inverse of Sonic Boom.
>>
OP pic looks like if batman beyond had a stroke
>>
>>93243031
Duck Dodgers spoiled the shit out of us. Now we expect cartoons to actually be products of love and quality. Suckers.
>>
>>93241134
I liked it enough.
>>
>basically no one on this board liked them
Maybe it was the way they localized them in my country but i can't really recall anything bad about it, if not for the fact that it was 90's X-TREME.

probably most people don't like them because >>93241322
people never like new incarnation of characters they like, not even if they are technically different, in a different universe and not even themselves.
I just liked the show because finally wile e coyote got some recognition, i hated his show, a constant cockblock and him getting shit on got very annoying fast for me
>>
File: Untitled999.png (150KB, 477x273px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled999.png
150KB, 477x273px
>>93241134
could've been worse
>>
>>93241299
Legion of Superheroes made fun of edgeshit half the time, though. Lightning Lad lost his arm, got a mechanical one, and he geeked out over how it would enhance his powers instead of angsting over it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.