[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /co/'s opinion on Waid's Daredevil run?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0176.jpg (76KB, 324x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0176.jpg
76KB, 324x500px
What's /co/'s opinion on Waid's Daredevil run?
>>
One of the biggest drops in quality I've ever seen in comics. I haven't read Cerebus though, I hear that's pretty bad.
>>
great until san francisco, but SF had some good issues like 15-17 if I remember right
>>
Incredibly boring. This was the true start of Waid's fall from grace into the hack he is now.
>>
A glorious breath of fresh air after a decade of miserable Miller-rehashes from a writer who genuinely loved and understood the character.

And then it all went wrong.

Really, though, Mark Waid is totally unstable. I'm only surprised it took him so long to implode.
>>
I thought that it was a solid run for the most part but when Matt and co. went to San Francisco, then I really didn't enjoy it as much.

The 'Try the red one' scene is still one of my favorite scenes in the medium and probably one of the best reveals I've seen in a while.
>>
What happened when he went to SF? Why did the quality drop?
>>
>>93239368
nosedive after Ikari
>>
>>93239762
Matt faces no obstacles in them. He's outed as Daredevil, so there's no conflict between his personal and private life. Matt was also beating his enemies easier than he'd ever had while banging the woman of his dreams. Basically there was no suffering in a book about a man who is meant to constantly suffer.
>>
Is Soule's Daredevil the best ongoing issue for Marvel at the moment?
>>
>>93240048
With Moon Knight gone now, yeah.
>>
File: dd36_2.jpg (153KB, 626x950px) Image search: [Google]
dd36_2.jpg
153KB, 626x950px
>>93239990
No, he faced obstacles, it's just the entire point was that him trying not to get those obstacles get to him.

Like, remember when Foggy was accusing Matt of being a liar to himself only to then find his dad's corpse on his desk and fire him. Foggy firing Matt from firm is like placing an open sign for demons to start taking over the world or get Matt wallowing in self-pity and sleeping with hobos. Or steal his mentally broken down girlfriend. But he didn't, he got his shit together and proved his innocense and didn't just sleep with hobos this time.

This is Matt trying to be not Matt who when was Outed lied himself out of country to make deals with Vanessa, this is Matt who went to the court and declared himself Daredevil under oath.
>>
>>93240048
It's mediocre, but that's like better than vast majority of Marvel's current lineup
>>
>>93240048
No it's not Chuck.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.