[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be a legit reason for superman to turn evil? Lois

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: images (13).jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (13).jpg
8KB, 300x168px
What would be a legit reason for superman to turn evil?

Lois lane dying doesn't make sense. Superman doesn't kill the joker; joker kills people later and the families of his victims suffer. But as soon as Superman feels that pain THEN Joker has to die? Surely he would see the hypocrisy in that.

And I can see how once you kill joker there's no real reason not to Kill Zasz, but how do you make the jump to killing non criminal political dissidents?
>>
File: UOf2qA2.jpg (79KB, 960x504px) Image search: [Google]
UOf2qA2.jpg
79KB, 960x504px
He runs out of hope.
>>
>>93237566
It's not just Lois being killed. It's that Superman was tricked into doing it. Not just killing Lois but also blowing up Metropolis. People tend to forget about that detail.
>>
>>93237566
>Superman doesn't kill the joker; joker kills people later and the families of his victims suffer

This logic kinda got fucked by the second game where it was revealed that they can keep Superman in lockup if they really wanted to.

What the fuck why is keeping a clown locked up so hard is he gonna slip into a matchbox car and roll out what
>>
>>93237566
I always thought Superman turning evil without mind control has been a bit ridiculous. So much of who he is has been his love for people and his honest belief in freedom.

The only "evil Superman" I can get is Justice Lords Supes, but only because they show Superman becoming extremely jaded and cynical because of the events of the show. That one made sense only because by the time Waller pops up, he isn't quite sure how to handle things anymore.
>>
>>93237605
>>93237603
Love both these replies. Spot on.
>>
>>93237605
Yes people always forget this. The Joker tricked Superman into killing his pregnant wife in the most brutal way imaginable(made him think she was Doomsday) and made him blow up Metropolis. Joker ruined this man's life. At some point you have to realize people just suck. Superman also constantly hears the evils going on in the world with his super hearing so it's understandable why he would think he needs to bring order to our world.
>>
>>93237634
>>93237732
So when the joker permanently handicaps and disfigured someone, and kills their family, their life isn't ruined?

You know that every villain they lock up there's hundreds if not thousands of dead innocents in their wake. The families of their dead victims don't demand that they put people to death?
>>
>>93237566
>What would be a legit reason for superman to turn evil?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/2o1DeIADwu-PGkkQoA-ObQeRArCHdJskhfSBXn5GOW3ase9T2YgGm4kQCSfH6UoYbCegmc6xjA39=s1600
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/7pyV_tvKrOCvRXU6Re8DY1BY5BopcsoQIuG1C9J4HKWu91etRfQa94KgDF0Gs3-cWGCnRxZbxZOx=s1600
Basically this
>>
>>93237634
The difference is , it's the resources of one city vs the resources of an entire world
>>
>>93237566
>What would be a legit reason for superman to turn evil?

Killing the Joker isn't an evil act. Hell, half the bad guys in these comic books deserve death. Hell, according to the comic I'm almost positive that had Batman stuck with him and done more to guide him instead of fuck him over maybe shit could have been corrected.

But nope: let's sneak into the last place he feels safe and poke holes in the only family he has left. Once they put that wedge in between Clark and what little real support he had left he had nowhere to go but to full on "fuck all of you."
>>
>>93237566

Characters doing something out of character is pretty much the laziest way writers achieve this. Now, personally, I don't think I could ever do something out of character because someone I am in a relationship with or a close relative is put into peril but that's intellectually how I feel. I'm willing to admit I'm not the norm.

However, I would agree that it depends on circumstances so >>93237605 probably is a bit. more on point. I'm not sure the RESPONSE would be (a) killing the joker and (b) taking over. I disagree that those are either in character OR that they are plausible given what came before them, so personally would not buy them as motivation for >>93237669
>Justice Lords

It's simply the way the writers chose to justify something.
>>
>>93237603
This. If he like never aged and it was 500 years in the future and the world just spirals into debauchery
>>
>>93237566
>a legit reason for superman to turn evil
the writer being a creatively bankrupt retard.
>>
>>93237566
>>93237603
I guess humanity, as a whole, intentionally deciding to do something really horrible and bad. This might not make HIM "evil" but it would take away his hope.
You might be thinking "wow anon, that's kind of huge and impossible and could never really happen, ALL of humanity?" Well, that's just how much he believes in us.
>>
This thread reminds me just how autistic /co/ is. If the pregnant lady next door gets murdered in a home invasion, it hits close to home. If someone breaks into your house and somehow forces you to murder your own pregnant wife (not that most of you would have one) it's an entirely different emotional ball park. Superman in injustice is dealing with feeling vulnerability he's never had to deal with and probably experiencing some extreme PTSD. Then (if you read the comics) he stairsteps into extreme dictatorial rule, it's not some overnight change. Fuck, this whole nation only needs one publicized shooting before were all at each other throats and a third of the population stars advocating for jackboots to start kicking in doors and seizing weapons and killing dissenters.
>>
>>93237566
Batman is a cunt.
>>
>>93237566
>Superman doesn't kill the joker; joker kills people later and the families of his victims suffer. But as soon as Superman feels that pain THEN Joker has to die?
You do realize that joker is usually a villain in gotham and thats batman's territory, right?

Its not like batman actively discourages other superheroes from patrolling gotham.

I mean, even in the chapter where gotham and gotham girl showed up, batman was like "hmm maybe having other powered heroes in this place might be nice for a change". Thats totally not an indicator that batman doesnt want other stronger heroes around his place, amirite?

fucking batfags, holy shit
>>
>>93237669
>Justice Lords
God I fucking love the DCAU. That scene when Question interrogates Superman in the conference room made Superman seem almost like a monster even though he did nothing wrong.
>>
>>93238167
Could I get some backstory for this?
>>
>>93237566
Mind control from a magical source, but I guess that would not be legit.
>>
>>93242386
The Question was the MVP of the Justice League, whether the others like it or not.

>Was willing to murder Luthor in cold blood to save the world
>Decides he specifically needs to do it to keep the JL's reputation clean, and is willing to sacrifice everything for the good of everybody
>>
File: Superhypocrite.jpg (701KB, 1280x1929px) Image search: [Google]
Superhypocrite.jpg
701KB, 1280x1929px
>>93237973
>>
>>93237973
surly you know the difference between empathizing with someone and suffering loss yourself. By your logic a police officer or homicide detective should take it in stride if their own family was killed. Or a doctor shouldn't mind if his wife gets cancer.

That is ridiculous.
>>
>>93237566
Two words: Beef Bourguignon
>>
>>93237566

Death of Jon
>>
>>93242386
>>93244036
The Cadmus arc was just great in general
https://youtu.be/m2U5BHxBRMI
>>
>>93244005
Powers Vol. 1 (The Sellouts)
by BENDIS!!!!!!!!!!
>>
Having a consistent set of convictions.

Imagine, you are Superman. Like, not that that you are Clark Kent who is secretly an alien, you are you, but with Superman's powers. Are you going to just sit idly while the powers that be introduce laws and regulations you don't agree with? Or will you use your powers to stop them? Maybe you are going to break pot-smokers out of jails. Maybe you are going to to break pot-smokers' necks because legalization was mistake. Or whatever.

Any real person in Superman's shoes won't allow world to do things without his approval. And someone will inevitably find it evil. I'd say if any person alone was able to enforce all his conviction at once, he'd be deemed evil by the majority.
>>
>>93247179
A real person with Superman's powers could very easily be incredibly lazy, barely use their powers and spend their whole day sitting in front of the internet. They wouldn't start any world domination
>>
>>93247179
If I had super mans powers I would literally do what Hancock did.
>>
>>93248071
>there are Superneets among us
>>
>>93246580
Man I never really cared for JL/JLU/STAS Superman
I think its the voice
>>
>>93247179
It really depends of the dude.
If you have superman power, nobody is safe from you, but you would need to apply a lot of violence.

For exemple, let said, you don't agree with pot legalization, what do you do ?

You can threaten the people in charge, but at one point, you will have to force their hand with violence so they change the law according to what you want.

So, how does it happen ? Every time you don't want them to do a law, you break into the place and tell them to don't do it ? You smash one or two of them.

Each time they bow in from of you, they lose authority, at one point, they won't be obeyed anymore. Or they just won't take the risk to do anything because they could displease you.

How many murder are you going to do to reach your goal ? Are you ready to do mass genocide ? Having the ability to do anything don't mean you have to ability to carry on.

With Superman power, you can create a power vacuum but unless you want to fill it yourself the world won't change.

Charge Xavier power would work better for that.
>>
>>93248533
this is what I would do but what about killing? I won't kill I will paralize. A well place heat vison blast to sever your spinal column and you are alive but as good as dead. See how much you can do when you can't move your body or speak.
>>
>>93248657
I would literally do this or have be like wo derman and use it to get laid. https://youtu.be/j4704XFGuZM
>>
>>93248533
Any state where Superman is active is a failed state. Superman has the real authority and "authorities" merely act with his consent through inaction.

Like any governor, realistic Superman would be morally ambiguous character.

>>93248071
Well, that's a possibility, but there wouldn't be a story in it. So I didn't account for possibility where Superman is passive.
>>
>>93248657
That doesn't really change the problem. OK, you don't kill them, but in the end the country would be paralysed by fear the same ways.

And this can affect you the same way killing would.

I think this solution would make you even more hated by people. I don't mind a Superman removing a few people in charge, I don't like them much, but a Superman crippling people afraid me a lot more.

The Death Note ways is better. You just make the people you don't agree with disappear. If you don't want them do kill, you drop them on an island or something. It is less effective but it just make it less damaging to the power structure.
>>
No matter how idealist supes is, something that affects him directly will always cause more pain than if joker had nuked a random city in china.

There is a little hypocrisy in his actions, but who the fuck is 100% unbiased.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.