[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Futurama good/bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: Futurama-01_0.jpg (464KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Futurama-01_0.jpg
464KB, 1600x1200px
Why don't more people on /co/ talk about Futurama?

Was it good, bad, or just meh?
>>
It was good until into the Big Green Yonder (or whatever the movie with the black hole minigolf thing)

Then it was legitimately bad for a season, then it was meh
>>
>>93237041
Can confirm. I think by season 10, it ran out of gas. The best were the first 5, then season 6 was all movies.

It isn't bad, but it did have its run. Bender still makes me have a good laugh
>>
Considering how petty 4chan is, I'm surprised /co/ doesn't shit on it just because it's popular at Reddit.
>>
>>93237122
I wouldn't consider it Reddit just because they will find someway to say the humor is "offensive" or something like that
>>
>>93237136
reddit loves it because "it's SO OOOO much funnier when you're an enlightened individual who understands SCIENCE and MATHEMATICS"
>>
>>93237173
Well, that's what Reddit is, and they all act like intellectuals because they made a correlation from a joke in futurama. I don't think the shows perfect, but it's enjoyable
>>
>>93237122
I've had people attack posts I've made for posting Fry reaction images as "le funny reddit man" in the past, I think it's just that R&M is more popular at the moment and therefor more popular to shit on.
>>
>>93237213
And 4chan acts like a bunch of leet hackers because they ddos'd a website or flooded a poll with votes.

:^)

see, I can generalize about an entire website too
>>
>>93237213
yeah that's what I'm saying. I never watched the show aside from one or two episodes in passing if it happened to be on at the time so I don't have a strong opinion on it, but that's how it is with reddit
>>
>>93237246
>pre-cancellation
Consistently liked it more than Simpsons
>post-cancellations
Shit.
>>
>>93237246
Rick and morty does have lots of people from Reddit who like the show for the same reason as futurama. I enjoy both shows but just for the humor and how insane some of the adventures are.
>>
There's nothing left to discuss, really. Unless you just want to sing praises or sling condemnation. Maybe do an old fashioned favorite jokes/quotes thread.

The first four seasons are 14-18 years old. That's right, Futurama is old enough to post on 4chan. The other seasons 4-10 years old.

The first four seasons are undeniable gold, the rest is hit or miss with clear flanderization and some nasty writer fatigue on plot ideas. I'm sure any given post-Season 4 movie or episode somebody will say "That one was good" and somebody else will hate it. I know a few of the newer episodes instantly make me look for something else.
>>
>>93237276
Didn't mean to reply, my bad.
>>
>>93237261
I mean, the difference is that this site at least lets you do whatever you can that isn't on the guidelines, but Reddit is solely a place where your opinion must be similar to others, or you are "banned"

>>93237271
If there was a good episode to watch, the one where fry is rich is a good episode
>>
>>93237282
Oh yeah I gotcha, it's just notable how frequent that used to happen, when before that it wasn't an issue, and now that R&M is the big reddit show it doesn't happen anymore.

>>93237306
No problem man.
>>
>>93236953
Because it ended four years ago
>>
>>93237343
R&M isn't even a bad show. As everything good is, the fans are the toxic that keep sinking the ship. Is every fan bad? No
>>
File: IMG_1424.jpg (42KB, 336x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1424.jpg
42KB, 336x280px
>>93237285
>Flanderization

I recently rewatched the show, and I think Amy got that treatment.
>>
File: RobotDevil.jpg (21KB, 550x430px) Image search: [Google]
RobotDevil.jpg
21KB, 550x430px
>>93237041
I wasn't too big on any of the movies.

But I thought there were a few gems in the later seasons, even if the rest didn't quite reach the charm of the originals. Like the body swap episode. And the whole Year 2525 parody.
>>
>>93237413
The best episode that's outside of season 1 is that episode where bender is god, and the were car
>>
>>93237410
I thought Amy was fine, but kind of back and forth on whether she was supposed to be a ditz or a genius.
>>
>>93237276

You're not wrong.
Simpsons at its strongest (in the first ten seasons, I stopped watching after that) wasn't anywhere as good as Futurama's weakest pre-movie season.

Of course, when Futurama started, seasoned Simpons writers went over to write Futurama and it showed.

To answer OP's question, just look at this thread - there is a general consensus (for once) on its quality, so there isn't really much to talk about.
>>
>>93237410

Watching any post Season 4 episode and waiting for the inevitable Hermes Pot Joke is a small bit of hell. Also watching Seasons 1-2 and then post-S4 Bender. Remember when Bender had self esteem issues and no friends? wild times

And of course, Fry going from uniquely dumb to achingly, painfully, disgustingly dumb.
>>
>>93237485
They're both good, but in what sense of humor you got. Simpsons has lots of variety with its stuff, but futurama threw lots of stuff and had the "did it make people laugh?" Mantra at times
>>
>>93237510
Bender himself is a pretty good character even when he is an asshole. Just found it funny how both him and fry liked a fucking soap opera that kinda deserved a little spinoff series
>>
>>93237122

>can't even talk about a cartoon without bringing up reddit

jesus christ
>>
>>93237561

I would have loved a show about Calcutron bein himself and behind the scenes of "All My Circuits"...with that being the show within the show.
>>
>>93237637
All my circuits is something that has shitposting material written all over it as well
>>
File: .It's Over.jpg (443KB, 638x800px) Image search: [Google]
.It's Over.jpg
443KB, 638x800px
>>93236953
...i like all of it.
>>
It's alright.
But I only saw a few episodes of the Comedy Central seasons. That ending was pretty decent tho.
>>
>>93236953
Great show up until the movies, and then it sucks.
>>
futurama was amazingly excellent and ended exactly when it needed to.
>>
>>93237261
do you come here just to defend reddit?
>>
>>93237510
I did prefer Bender's asshole behavior when he wasn't being totally psychotic about it.
>>
>>93236953
The OG episodes are great.
Benders Big Score was really good.
The rest was good to meh.
>>
>>93236953
Futurama is meh but it's comfy, kind of like Hamilton
>>
>>93236953
I like it a lot and quote it a lot
I miss it honestly
>>
>>93236953
It was meh,it gots its moments but overall is was just ok,it was better at firts but it gets worse as it goes on
>>
>>93238015
You have to admit, the episode with the tap dancing competition wouldn't have worked without Bender being a lunatic.
>>
>>93237096
It's solid. Although it's a little more juvenile than I remember. The perfect amount of edginess for a teenager.

>by season 10
There were only 4 seasons anon. It ended before it got too shit. A goal every sitcom should aspire to.
>>
File: IMG_3253.jpg (92KB, 632x803px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3253.jpg
92KB, 632x803px
>>93239767
Reminded me of this
>>
>>93240325
that quote was supposed to go on the bottom not the top.
>>
>>93239713
I use
>perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything!
from time to time, even though it's more self-evident and less funny out of the original context
>>
>>93236953
whats there to discuss aside when it gets mentioned briefly for whatever topic

there is no new content for it and it wasnt groundbreaking or jaw dropping amazing, it had decent jokes, good characters, but some of the later episodes are just shit to watch
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.