[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>INDIE COMICS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (52KB, 937x563px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
52KB, 937x563px
>INDIE COMICS
>>
>BOOM!
>indie
>>
>>93232542
They just do licensed shit anyway.
>>
So, Almost Human is getting a comic spinoff right?
>>
>>93232542
Boom was never indie. Fuck, if you want to get technical, not even Image is indie.
>>
>>93232542
Hypernaturals movie when?
>>
>>93232615
>>93232680
Indie means "not owned by a big corporation."
>>
File: hipster.jpg (21KB, 496x345px) Image search: [Google]
hipster.jpg
21KB, 496x345px
>>93232794
Oh, we never liked BOOM, ever.
>>
>>93232762
Since when
>>
>>93232794
No one here ever liked Boom, it was Tumblr: the comic book company since day one.

And what the fuck is a indien?
>>
>>93232874
>I started posting in 2013: the post
>>
Indie comics should just be thought of as self published stuff. Like all those zines and mini comics no one reads. Every larger publisher is a company so they're not really independent from the industry
>>
>>93232874
Hey man, the Power Rangers comic is pretty much the furthest from "Tumblr" you can get. It's pretty much an outlier compared to other Boom books. And that's not a bad thing
>>
>>93232828
>>93232916
Since forever, corporate bitch.
>>
>>93232916
What about fanta?
>>
>>93232898
That doesn't answer my question
>>
>>93232542

I like boom studious. They do well with the properties they're given desu.
>>
>>93232931
Or Big Trouble in Little China, or Valen the Outcast.

>>93232964
>goalposting
>>
>>93232962
Not indie, just say they publish alternative comics
>>
>>93232975
*>moving the goalposts
I'm tired. Good night.
>>
>>93232975
>>93233001
How am I moving the goalposts? I just want to know what the fuck an indien is. Sorry I'm not familiar with your shitty obscure meme.
>>
Boom was never indie. They started as a property mill and still are. That being said they at least fund the odd good comic with their blood money. Grass Kings is promising and Godshaper is great. Also Deep is okay.
>>
>>93233598
I mean just because they do licensed comics doesn't mean they don't also do indie comics. IDW may be built on 80's cartoons and toys, but they have comics like Locke and Key or Tom Scioli's American Barbarian

BOOM just put out the first issue of a 4 part horror comic by Cullen Bunn The Unsounded that was good
>>
BOOM owns Archaia

which means Fox now owns Mouse Guard (and the Jim Henson fantasy conics)
>>
>>93233103
It's a nickname for arrogant people who read indie comics
>>
>>93232916
Or we could keep using "indie" to mean "not Marvel or DC", and we could keep using "self-published" to mean "self-published".

That's much less work, since we don't need to find a new term to mean "self-published" because we already have the term "self-published" which means exactly that.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.