[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Watchmen_film_poster.jpg (29KB, 259x384px) Image search: [Google]
Watchmen_film_poster.jpg
29KB, 259x384px
what went wrong?
>>
Too much philosophy for normalfag audiences, not true enough to the comic for comic fans.
>>
>>93232398
I really like the movie still. But it should have been a miniseries, the main problem with movies is they're a hard format to be adapted to. Most comic books and video games would be better adapted to a TV or mini series instead of a 1.5-3 hour movie
>>
>>93232398
Zach Snyder
>>
>>93232398
the ending
>>
It tired to be a 1:1 adaptation but couldn't fit everything in. Watchmen is something that Moore and Gibbons crafted obsessively, all the details matter in same way.

Snyder ended up making a superhero story instead of a story about superheroes.
>>
>>93232624
This
>>
>>93232398

>FROM THE VISIONARY DIRECTOR

Is that the industry term for hack?
>>
>>93232398
The only real problem with this movie isn't the movie at all, but Moore fans and their endless, fussy autism.
>>
>>93232624
Unquestionably this. The greatest vehicle in the world is a heap of trash with a retard at the wheel.
>>
File: Shiggy_diggy_do.jpg (260KB, 1000x879px) Image search: [Google]
Shiggy_diggy_do.jpg
260KB, 1000x879px
>>93232398
Honestly, what made Watchmen great is how it uses the medium of comics, so it doesn't necessarily translate to the big screen.

Plus, Snyder seriously missed the point.
>>
I'll always love this bit and the use of the music from Koyaanisqatsi. Perfect choice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4vfhrDylUQ
>>
>>93232398
Nothing. Audiences are plebs and you have shit taste.
>>
>>93237443
My man. I saw this movie in theaters three times (each with different audiences) and every time I watched I found something new to enjoy. Director's cut is even better. Ultimate good is good, but a commitment.
>>
I thought it was incredible if you accept it at face value. Surreal like a dream, I watch the director's cut once a year for the Hollis death scene alone.

It's not a DEEP movie, it's hardly kino and it's not for everyone, but it doesn't really deserve half the crap it gets.
>>
>>93232398
the source material
>>
The only thing wrong with the movie is if you never read the graphic novel, you would be kind of confused about what's going on. At least the theatrical version.
>>
>>93232398
They tried to do a meta comic about mainstream American superhero comics into a movie, making it lose pretty much all of its original meaning.
>>
>>93238422
*make a meta...
>>
>>93238361
I too enjoy watching the elderly get beaten to death.
>>
>>93238361
I'd like to buy you a drink sometime. Watchmen has slowly made it's way into my top five cape flicks of all time. Nothing comes close to it. Snyder may have made some questionable decisions recently, but I fucking love that movie.
>>
>>93232398
Having all the action too over the top. Completely missing the point that only Manhattan (and maybe Ozzymandias) have superpowers.
>>
>>93232398
Literally nothing. It was a perfect adaptation. Prove me wrong.
>>
File: loss.jpg (115KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
loss.jpg
115KB, 250x250px
>>93239267
I've never seen the movie, but I'm pretty sure burden of proof for that claim lies on you, buddy.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.