[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying Comics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: hawkeye.jpg (19KB, 214x320px) Image search: [Google]
hawkeye.jpg
19KB, 214x320px
I used to browse this board and read comics a lot but left about 4 years ago because life got in the way. I had a huge collection of pirated comics and am now going to get back into comics. My problem is the moral dilemma of pirating my comics and supporting the industry and artists, or illegally downloading them. What do you guys suggest or do?

Pic related I stopped reading in the middle of this great series and plan on finishing it.
>>
if you have morals you can fuck right off this website chump

hint: this industry hates you
>>
>>93232177
They're pretty cheap on Amazon. If you have prime a lot of them ship in a day too. Got Sinestro Corps War, Flash Rebirth, Superman Birthright, and Green Lantern Rebirth for good price
>>
No one is expecting you to buy all volumes at the same time. Just buy one, feel it out and next month or in four months buy another or a different one, if you like more.
>>
It is absolutely morally wrong to pirate comics. No matter how you try to cut it.

But pragmatically, comics are fairly expensive if you buy them monthly, especially if you buy from Marvel, so if you don't know if a book is gonna be good, it makes sense to read it first. It's no different from just reading it in the store except you're less likely to have the store owner yell at you, or from just borrowing it from a friend.

I pirate monthlies and buy the trades for the ones I enjoy reading. DC's recent TPB push has been fucking fantastic with them coming out every three months for like ten fucking dollars.
>>
>>93232177
Of coure your digital catalog is goin to be larger than your physical collection, but still have a physical collection.
>Just bought Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk which was one of the first comics I read ever. Fucking loved it because it was weird and a smidge off the wall.
>>
>>93233848
Yeah I'm considering getting Comixology Unlimited and reading most of my comics from that for $7 a month. I don't plan on having a physical collection as I don't have the space for that.

I also don't plan on paying for monthlies as that can get very expensive. I'll probably just end up buying digital trades on Comixology every month.

Any recommended series? I plan on finishing Red Hood and the Outlaws (2011-2015) and seeing if I like Red Hood and the Outlaws: Rebirth
>>
If you spend more than 5% of your disposable income on comics you need to pirate the balance to get down to 5%. You weren't meant to support the industry at this point in your life.
>>
Why not pirate your comics? What's so bad about that?
>>
Bump for buying comics at discount online!
>>
>>93232177

Hey this isn't even the REAL Hawkeye
>>
>>93232177
Do what I do and pirate comics first, then go out and buy copies or trades of the ones that are actually good to exclusively support the people who deserve it.
>>
>>93232177

What I do.... Is have a small pull list at my local LCS of around 8 books i really like and want to collect, 3 of which dont even end up coming out monthly anyways.. and anything I'm mildly interested in or is something "important", or i just wanna see the spergfest in the comments i read it here or on a couple other sites.

and then I'll pick up a couple trades of stuff i know i like every few months. next on my list is the new TPB Conan omnis
>>
>>93238401
/Thread
>>
I pirate comics.
I only buy trades of ones I really like.
I only pirate things I wouldn't buying it were unpirateable.
>>
>>93232177
Just get marvel or comixology unlimited and then pirate whatever isn't on there.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.