[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this racist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: Mammytwoshoes-1-.jpg (35KB, 607x519px) Image search: [Google]
Mammytwoshoes-1-.jpg
35KB, 607x519px
>>
No, its when everyone assumed she was the maid when she owned the house
>>
>>93230150
No and kill yourself
>>
>>93230174
I was in that boat for a while.
>>
>>93230150
Yes.
>>
>>93230174
>she owned the house

Yeah no that's wrong.

It was illegal for us to own property in the US until 1971. You need to read up.
>>
>>93230150
THICC
>>
Growing up in the early 80s I never assumed it was anything racist, she was the house owner and also the pet owner.
>>
>>93230150
OH LAWDA MERCY GAHT AMIGHTY
>>
>>93230150
no

it was also a different time period

would you think its racist that egypt had slaves because ALL SLAVES are racist because BLACK PEOPLE WERE SLAVES?
>>
>>93230606
go back to your SotS thread
>>
>>93230150
I dunno I thought it portrays a damn fine person to be honest. Hard working, upstanding and good at what she does.
>>
>>93231428
In a way, shouldn't we take this opportunity to consider Tom's plight too?

The poor cat's just doing his job, trying his damnedest to keep his house safe from filthy rodents stealing his family's food, and all he ever gets for it is to be portrayed as the villain and jesus christ how am I starting to sound like a nazi sympathizer now

But no, really, this show always shat on Tom and I hated that even as a kid. That smug fucking mouse was an asshole who wasn't even as appealing as Bugs Bunny. And when they tried to make him sympathetic it just felt disingenuous. Fuck that little rat.
>>
>>93231391
WE WUZ SLAEVZ N' SHIET
>>
>>93230606
and no one ever rented houses
>>
>>93231499
I always hoped that Tom would finally eat him.
>>
>>93231499
It was especially bad in the 70s ones where they would sometimes open with Jerry attacking Tom for no reason but still play him as the good guy.
>>
>>93231499
Isn't this what they were making fun of with Itchy and Scratchy? The mouse is the asshole who comes into the house and attacks the cat over and over again.
>>
>>93231499
But Tom is bigger and stronger so he must be a villain. All cats are bullies toward mice.
>>
>>93230150
I guess it was a racist caricature? based on the way she talked.

Aside from that she was generally just angry at Tom's antics messing up the house. No negative vibes from her.
>>
>>93231785
I'm pretty sure Wile E Coyote and Road Runner were supposed to be a parody too, because of how exaggerated and crazy it was, but it didn't work because it was actually funny and a coyote isn't sympathetic.
>>
>>93231600
those were jews
MY PEOPLE TOILED FOR LONGER THAN YOUR PEOPLE, WE BUILT SOMETHING!

all you did was be lazy in fields, they didn't even kill you or sacrifice your first born!

OY VEY!
>>
>>93231824
>based on the way she talked.
Are black people not allowed to talk like her? Or the crows from Dumbo? Or B'rer Rabbit and Fox? Is Sanford & Son racist? Is the sassy black woman voice racist despite those archetypes being a dime a dozen in the real world?

I mean, there are plenty of black people in the South who still talk like that. Most of them are over 50, but they exist.
>>
Mammy Two Shoes is the best Tom and Jerry character. I wish they kept using her.
>>
>>93230174
???
I always assumed she owned the house.
Phew, that's one racist test passed!
(...Or do I mean failed?)
>>
>>93231824
Doesn't the whole Mammy thing have some basis in minstrel plays where people did the blackface shit?
>>
>>93231904
because that was a standard thing
it was NORMAL back then

now its racist because PC happened
its bad you think something is funny
feelings can be hurt!
>>
No. Stereotypes are not automatically racist.
>>
>>93232015
I don't think the Crow's voices were suppose to be the thing about them that was funny. It was the wordplay, catchy song, and exchanges like:
>Now listen here, brother rat--
>BROTHER RAT? Listen pal, I ain't your brother and I ain't no rat, see?
>>
>>93230150
Are we even sure thats a human? It looks like bear paws.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.