[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good/bad is Ultimate X-men? I read Old Man Logan and some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Ultimate_X-Men_Vol_1_16.jpg (155KB, 800x1198px) Image search: [Google]
Ultimate_X-Men_Vol_1_16.jpg
155KB, 800x1198px
How good/bad is Ultimate X-men? I read Old Man Logan and some of Millars other work, and i figured i'd give this run a shot.
>>
>>93227514
>Jean gives her virginity to Logan
It is shit.
>>
>>93227514
If you're a Loganfag (and love Logan to be the edgiest, most macho motherfucker as mutantly possible) and like Magneto as a pure villain, you'll like it.

Otherwise, it is shit.
>>
>>93227514
First arc was good, then it goes downhill fast, very, very fast. If you read anything from that 'universe' go for Spider-Man (yeah, get over it 616fags) and Ultimates (first two arcs). Other than that it is just edgy bullshit trying to get into the teen angst bullshit with horrible plots and lame characters.
>>
Unironically some of the best Bendis' work.
>>
>>93227615
Fuck off, Ultimate Fantastic Four was good-to-okay.
>Ultimates
That's the definition of edgy bullshit with horrible plots and lame characters.
>>
>>93227615
>, get over it 616fags
Get over what? 616 Spider-Man comics not being padded out for seven issues angsty garbage with the lamest incarnations of villains in any media? USMfags have the worst taste.
>>
>>93227643
>That's the definition of edgy bullshit with horrible plots and lame characters
Calm down casual. You obviously did not read the entire post. It is fine

>That's the definition of edgy bullshit with horrible plots and lame characters
Vampire doom? Ellis' worst comicbook work in...ever? Good plot? Never. Interesting characters? Hardly. Ultimate FF was the weakest title out of the whole run and that includes the arc when Spider-Man and the X-Men fight Ultimate Deadpool.
It is, was, and will forever be, horrible.
>>
>>93227733
>c-casual
Good to know you have no argument.
>Vampire doom
You're a fucking retard. There is nothing "vampire" about him other than being a descendant of Vlad Tepes.
>Ellis' worst comicbook work in...ever?
You are the one who's a fucking casual if you believe that. It was pretty passable sci-fi. A masterpiece by Ultimate universe standards.
> Good plot? Never.
Except it consistently had better plots than garbage you call good. President Thor alone is a far better premise than anything in Ultimate Spider-Man.
>Interesting characters? Hardly.
Again, compared to the rest of Ultimate shit, especially the shit you call good? Wrong.
>It is, was, and will forever be, horrible.
That's what you should say about your taste.
>>
>>93227514
The first 5 or so volumes (up to the Return of the King arc) make for a good, coherent story with an endpoint. Don't take it too seriously, and remember that the early 2000s are their own time period in comics, in the same way that the 90s are.
>>
>>93227514
It's pretty middling. I remember liking Vaughan's run a lot, though.
>>
>>93227514
I read it and can't really remember anything good about it. Meanwhile I'm still pissed on how they made Nightcrawler an edgy asshole, then a raging homophobe, then a drug addict, then a creepy kidnapper and finally had him drown offscreen.
>>
>>93227615
Bendis?
>>
>>93227514
Absolute aids
>>
I liked it alright. They didn't blow me away or anything, but after Ultimate Spiderman and fhe first two issues of Ultimates it was my favorite series of the Ultimate Universe.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.