[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lynch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: rabbits.jpg (127KB, 754x416px) Image search: [Google]
rabbits.jpg
127KB, 754x416px
What do you think of David Lynch? He has done traditional animation, stop motion, comics, and puppetry, so he is definitely /co/ related.
>>
Fuck no, I'm not fucked up enough right now to appreciate that weirdo's brick-shittingly weird productions.

I never got what that rabbit-head sketch was about.
>>
The new Twin Peaks is terrible, and it will not pay off in a satisfying manner. It's going to be worse than Samurai Jack.
>>
The claymation scene with the worm screaming in Eraserhead was freaky as fuck.
>>
File: Dune.jpg (83KB, 748x1062px) Image search: [Google]
Dune.jpg
83KB, 748x1062px
>>93223321

He tried but, barring the original Twin Peaks run and a couple of features, his work is really nothing to write home about. Very inconsistent quality, and I actually find kind of funny that some of his allegedly worst stuff actually is some of the best.
>>
He makes much better horror than everyone else in the Hollywood.
>>
>>93223590
He's the Junji Ito of Hollywood. Both Ito and Lynch understand that creepiness can come from damn near any source, it doesn't HAVE to be blood 'n guts 'n jumpscares.
>>
>>93223629
He has generally good atmosphere too.
The best I've seen since Rosemary's Baby, to be precise. That's a huge problem with modern horror movies (especially those that are considered to be "good" ones) for me, their atmosphere ruins everything jumpscares and other cheap shit didn't.
>>
>>93223321
He tried his hand at new grounds tier comedy animation. It was called something like Stupidville and it was indistinguishable from a high schooler dicking around with flash. Like if you saw it, you wouldn't believe me when I told you that it was made by a Hollywood director.

>>93223321
Fun fact: he filmed Rabbits in his backyard and his neighbors hated him for it.
>>
>>93223852
WHEN WE LOOK AT YOU
WE SEE AN ASSHOLE
>>
>>93223852
>>93223997
It's called DumbLand.
>>
>>93223321
>January this year
>middle of the night and I can't sleep
> I can't come up with any relaxing music and no ASMR videos neither because I don't want to lay there listening to someone having a pretend tea party with my face.
> suddenly I remember the setting of 『Inland empire Rabbits』
>the rain, the wind, the far of siren call of either a train foghorn
>Fuck it I say I need to let my mind wander might as well do it to some slow incoherent dream piece
>The strange slam poetry parts are a bit louder then the rest as is that weird floating match that get's lit once or twice but for the most part of those 40 minutes I am teetering on the brink of sleep
>But apparently I forgot one detail near the end of the piece
>This blood curdling scream fucking floods me with it's presence
>Fucking shit myself so hard the lowerhalf of my spine gets plastered on the adjacent wall
End up more awake then when I started this thing and feel like a fool to boot

I have no proper image to reflect how I felt about it but yeah it's still a quite enjoyable piece if you ask me.
>>
>>93225041
Yeah, that part shocked me too. It's simple, but Lynch uses it well.
>>
>>93223400
What was bad about Samurai Jack.
>>
>>93223400
What's terrible about it?
>>
>>93223466
wait a sec are you saying Dune is actually some of his best work? do you think it's equivalent to Eraserhead, The Elephant Man, Mulholland Drive, Blue Velvet, Lost Highway or Twin Peaks?
>>
>>93223400
The worst parts of the new Twin Peaks are much better than the worst episodes of new Samurai Jack.
>>
>>93223400
L Y N C H E D
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.