[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worm Web Serial Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 583
Thread images: 54

File: worm abridged series title.jpg (193KB, 820x620px) Image search: [Google]
worm abridged series title.jpg
193KB, 820x620px
What are your thoughts on a Worm adaptation? What's the best way to cut down the monster serial known as Worm and capture the essence of it in another format?

Comic book series VS. television series? Animated VS. live action?

For the unaware, Worm is a cape story that deconstructs many superhero universe and superpower tropes, and is known for the wide range and intelligent use of its powers. The full text of Worm can be accessed for free here:
https://parahumans.wordpress.com/
>>
>>93222275
Watch/read MHA instead
>>
>>93222406
Already finished it.
>>
Still not finished (Speck 30.6), but I don't see it ever being adapted well as anything other than a comic. As a cartoon it's too edgy for kids and there's no way it could get the necessary budget for live action.
>>
>>93222726
Yeah, it's hard to tell at first what audience Worm is aiming for. The beginning feels very YA, and then it goes into ultraviolence pretty quickly.

Anime would be able to do it right, but the special effects would be just as expensive as live action.
>>
>>93222275
there only one person who could adapt worm and that person is zack snyder
>>
>>93222876
Go to bed Zack
>>
>>93222890
after his daughters death worm is the perfect thing for him to get into it fits all the stuff he likes
>>
Whats the abridged series?
>>
>>93222876
unironically that might be a good idea
>>
>>93222917
It's Worm you can enjoy without having to go through all 1.7 million words.
>>
>>93222794
>The beginning feels very YA, and then it goes into ultraviolence pretty quickly.
This is what threw me when I tried to read through it for the first time. It's difficult to correlate how she acts pre attacking those random goons to during it.
>>
>>93222917
just use the tv tropes page
>>
>>93222927
just get max landis

https://youtu.be/0PlwDbSYicM?t=6
>>
>>93222876
I think Shyamalan could do a decent job at it.
You won't see those twists coming.
>>
>>93223016
and if it sucks no one can really blame it on shyamalan cuz really source material and all that noise
>>
>>93222275
Just give me Animated. Getting tired of L.A. already with a few exceptions like Legion & Constantine.That way you won't have to take any liberties cutting out content that would cost more to film with real life props nor will it obviously look fake at points. We also need more adult themed/serious cartoons & cape stories work better animated but everyone is sucking L.A. It would sorta be the next Batman or Justice League, Spiderman (94 or Spectacular) or Avengers (EMH). That's where it should stick at if place on TV.
It also definitely could work in a Comic adaption.
Also Secret Worm Thread? Did it work out anywhere else? Seemed to be a success here. I don't get why the last time I saw it, it was deleted in /lit/ besides sperges.
>>
>>93222929
I nearly dropped it the first time because the beginning was like every other TV teen drama.

Bullies throwing juice on their victims?
I swear I saw it on Glee.
>>
>>93223085
I like animated, but the production process is so damn long. Like 9 months to produce one 25 minute episode, and inflexibility once you've started the process and outsourced the assets.

It also shoves it firmly into the content rating of PG-13 or lower if it's aimed at an American audience. People seem to take Live Action adaptations more seriously instead of thinking of it as kiddie comic shit.

I'm conflicted.
>>
I'm just fininsing reading it (interlude 29) and I tried going blind and I honestly got surprised by most of the twists, the only conplain that I could make is about Clockblocker and Grue fates, best boys didn't deserve it.
>>
>>93223280
Worm's themes are about choice, cost, and consequences. A story doesn't feel like it has stakes if people can't roll the wrong dice at any moment. That's what I'd say separates Worm from many other cape stories. No one has plot immunity.
>>
>>93223221
>PG-13
Then put it on more adult channels. Hell, Adult Swim/Toonami would love it & would definitely not put it there. Then it gathers traction for not try to stick to peoples ideas of 'Norms'. Maybe even Netflix since they also been so supportive lately.
>>
>>93223280
put alec there as well
>>93223339
unless you're a girl
[spoilñer]no, seriously, basically all female characters that we liked and cared are alive at the end, to the point that the undersiders is all females now. the only exception to this might be alexandria but she was a cunt so its alright[/spoiler]
>>
>>93223339
I get that and that's why I got so engaged about the story in the first place, i'm just saying that how they went out made me fucking depressed.[Also Grue would probably be alive if he didn't went to the oil ring when Taylor asked him, that just makes it fucking worse dude].
>>
>>93223470
I forgot about that, you are right.
>>93223476
And I just forgot how to make the fucking spoilers.
>>
>>93223426
The only way I can see live action Worm made above PG-13 is to make everything about it more adult. Age up the teenage cast, cast adult actors for the high schoolers. Taylor is 15 at the beginning of Worm. Studio executives and focus groups would balk at the image of a realistic (and ugly looking) 15 year old girl doing the crazy shit Taylor does, like carving out Lung's eyes.

I guess we're stuck hoping for a western animated adaptation which won't ruin Worm by being cheap or shitty. Pls no low poly 3D.
>>
>>93222275
>mfw just finished re-reading it yesterday
im fucken hyped, i really hope we get to see lots of imp and the heartbroken in the sequel

also, anime adaptation is the only way to go in my opinion, the story is very anime-ish with its length, its intricate fight scenes, its cosmic battles for the end of the world and what not
>>
>>93223470
There were more female characters than male characters in Worm, I'm pretty sure. They mentioned in-story that girls trigger more often than boys. If you considered the Undersiders an average representation of cape groups, they had 6 girls (counting Imp, Parian, and Foil) and 2 guys.

Also, Alexandria.
>>
>>93223512
My ideal would be a Hollywood or GoT level high budget for an episodic TV show. A high quality anime adaptation is second for storytelling and visuals.

Taylor's narration is what makes the story, but it's also something that's hard to translate to the screen. How do you explain paragraphs of exposition without overloading the audience? Anime could do this, since voiceovers and thinking moments are normal for the medium. Though sometimes I wish they didn't, because they put in the middle of fight scenes, and then they lose their sense of action and pacing.
>>
Worm can't be made into a movie. Too long, too in Talyor's head, too expensive to do live action. It would have to be serval movies, which isn't going to be picked up.

However What I think would be Cool for a movie is the Slaughterhouse Nine. Superpowered horror is under explored in film. So either have the S9 arc from canon be the movie, or Wildbow can whip up a short(er) story from Pre Brockton Bay S9. Marching up against the Protectorate.

Movie would be Hard R. But Deadpool and Logan showed that isn't a impossibility.
>>
>>93223708
A movie about invincible Superpowered serial killers mowing through hero and villains alike?

Try and pitch that to a studio.
>>
>>93223759
And taking casualties in return. The S9 lost quite a bit in Brockton Bay and even more with Defiant and Dragon hunting them afterwards.

But yeah dream scenario.
>>
>>93223759
Basically a snuff film. It would be boring. Jack is interesting because his shard gives him cheat codes. A slasher flick about super villains without the extra dimension of being driven by space entities would make it p generic imo. I want Worm, not a generic horror movie with a tiger lady, Dr. Alice, and a Joker expy.
>>
>>93223665
there is an opportinity of that happening i guess, the story is long enough that by the time we get to when the real shit happens special effects and budget due to popularity get finally up to snuff
but the real enemy here is having to adapt the story so american audiences can stomach it, after what happened with american gods im weary, we have a black protagonist fighting against white supremacists for a good portion of the story. if it ever gets to hollywood that whole portion will become a lot more heavy handed.

also im afraid they'll end up turning taylor into a hunger games "grrrr im so tough" strong female character instead of the fucked up angry gremlin she was for most of the story.
she's supposed to be creepy and off putting and they'll make her hollywood ugly no matter what wildbow says
>>
>>93223708
The author has said he prefers episodic TV format over a movie. He even wrote an episode breakdown for how he'd structure the first season if it was a TV show. The problem is that so far, producers who showed interest in doing Worm want to change things he isn't okay with. Only a production company that absolutely loved Worm would be allowed to adapt it.

One in a million chance it'll come true, right?
>>
>>93224030
A man can dream though, a man can dream
>>
>>93223889
>they'll make her hollywood ugly
Some of her ugliness is only in her head though. She described herself as unattractive, but it was when she was a bully magnet with zero self esteem. Sure, she's not a Hollywood fixer upper that looks like a super model when the glasses come off, but I don't think she's hideous. She's tall, slender, fit, and has long dark hair. Not really ugly traits even if her face is butter.
>>
>>93223280
I was okay with Grue being sidelined, but Clock deserved better
>>
>>93224348
There's a good chance he's going to be in Worm 2 if the epilogue with Valkyrie is any indication.
>>
>>93223339
Honestly I felt that the Undersiders were always going to force a win or stalemate after arc 10, that shit broke my suspension of disbelief. But even if they never got a clean win, some improbable bullshit would always justify Taylor's bullshit.

Although Worm actually shinned with its side characters and interludes.
>>
Get me interested. or would that be big spoilers?
>>
>>93225728
its a world of superheroes like marvel or dc except its all one single coherent narrative with a beggining middle and end where we get to explore the universe at every single level, from street level vigilantism to cosmic level threats and everything in the middle.
everything has real life consequences, powers are well thought out, people use them in smart, clever inventive ways, things change, there is no status quo, people act like real people

basically everything that's wrong with modern capeshit done right.
the story focuses on one teenage girl victim of bulling that tries to become a hero and ends up becoming a supervillain by accident
>>
>>93225728
Local girl ruins everything
>>
I came into this thread to say Bitch is moe.

That is all.
>>
>>93224030
>The problem is that so far, producers who showed interest in doing Worm
That was ever a thing?
>>
>>93226424
but the story is about taylor not about amy
>>
Who had the best power and why was it Imp?
>>
>>93226781
You mean Coil?
>>
>>93226874
Pretty sure you mean Gregor the Snail
>>
>>93227003
nah man, he's talking about dinah
>>
>>93222275
Can the mods delete this blatant shilling already? Jesus fuck.
>>
>>93224452
I was pretty sure one of the Undersiders, probably Tattletale, was going to bite the dust during arc 8. Legend said that one out of four cape defenders was going to die to Leviathan during his "motivational speech" and the Undersiders at the time had 5 members. None of them died. Had to be rolling loaded dice or something.
>>
File: 1490931820455.jpg (125KB, 544x386px) Image search: [Google]
1490931820455.jpg
125KB, 544x386px
>>93222600
Read Astro City, then. For god's sakes, don't let yourself stay a Worm fan. That's a dark, dark place to be.
>>
>>93227173
Funny, I pegged Grue to die at some point as soon as Skitter started dropping her sketti
>>
>>93227173
Yeah, that was when I was starting to expect the same. I mean it was bad enough that Taylor went back to the undersiders after arc 8 because she happened to stumble across the only person who meant anything to her unconcious because of a strange series of contrived bullshit. But only when they had Dragon only to flail impudently in front of them, that was when I realized things weren't going to get better.
>>
I hace some doubts about Pact and Twing, are they worth reading or should I wait for Worm 2?
>>
>>93222275
Not comics

Not cartoons

>>>/lit/
>>
>>93227293
Grue was boring AF
>>
>>93227665
>>93227665
look, if you want to wait for worm 2 is not going to take long, in fact i doubt you'll manage to finish either work before worm 2 starts but with that said...

i really like pact but im telling you right now, you will come out of it unfulfilled and frustrated. in my opinion is one of the best renditions of magic i have seen in fiction and there is some incredible worldbuilding BUT the main character himself gets shat upon by the universe constantly and relentlessly, as in literally there is no breathing time on the plot, is just the guy getting his balls getting kicked 24/7 and then the story ends

as for twig, is not quite the page turner worm is, the setting (biopunk) is kind of ignored for the most part with a much bigger focus on political intrigue, espionage and mindgames, if you like cloak and dagger narratives you're probably going to like this. the main characters are not really underdogs this time around since they are technically working for the (evil and corrupt) authorities for the first half of the story as enforcers of a despotic regime. if you stick with it long enough you will get endeared to the characters and will have a reason to read it through but, again, it will take some time to get there.

im still pissed we never got to read face, peer or boil. peer specially
>>
>>93227706
We're talking about turning it into /co/, Anon. Either way, Worm threads get deleted in /lit/. Literally just hide the thread if you have a problem with it, because you can do that, or do you not know how to like /lit/?
>>
>>93228242
Well thanks a lot anon, I just fininsing reading worm and I wasn't sure how much time I had until worm 2, i'll probably read Pact a Twing later and I'll have your opinion in mind.
>>
>>93227665
If you want to fill up the empty hole finishing Worm had on your life, I suggest reading Worm fanfic.

Pact isn't good and Twig is 90% finished.
>>
>>93227665
I started reading pact after worm, currently 7 arcs in. It starts out really bland and was harder to get through in the first 2 arcs than worm, but at this point I am enjoying more than the more mediocre bits of worm but it doesn't quite have as much OH SHI- moments. I feel like wildblow tried very hard to write not-taylor, and this in turn made the overall story suffer.

I am enjoying it though. The worldbuilding is once again great, and people use their abilities in creative ways. The MC just isn't as entertaining as Taylor imo
>>
>>93227293
>>93227299
I thought it was going to be Tattletale because she got her first interlude during the Levi battle, and it was the first Interlude any Undersider had gotten, if you don't count the dog interlude from earlier. I assumed it was a sendoff to say goodbye, so we could get her character backstory before she was killed off.

After that, I thought the Undersiders weren't going to die on any of their battles, only get their shit wrecked hard if they lost. Like Tat's face after Jack slashed her. Behemoth was probably the biggest shit got real moment, as much as Leviathan was to the first part of the story.
>>
>>93229053
>Pact isn't good

I whole-heartedly disagree.

Pact is DIFFERENT. Very different. Most of the hate it gets is from Wormy's who want Worm-2, and it's not.

The world of Pact is, in my opinion, better than Earth-bet. Deeper lore, better backstory, more depth, eminently hatable bad guys, huge twists, overcoming all odds, the works.

My favorite character, out of everything Wildbow has written to-date, is Greeneyes.

Greeneyes is best girl.
>>
File: Greeneyes_1.png (890KB, 768x1065px) Image search: [Google]
Greeneyes_1.png
890KB, 768x1065px
>Greeneyes is best girl.

My favorite depiction of her.

So horrible.

So adorable.
>>
>>93229475
well just as a warning, the turning point where for most fans pact goes to shit is TORONTO

and i agree, blake doesnt have the same drive to change things for the better and help people, he just wants to be left alone and survive. like, at the end of the day Taylor choose her way all trhough out and she cant blame that on noone else but herself. blake was put in a shitty situation from the beggining and never quite manages to regain his footing, also he comes off as far more spiteful and angry towards the world than taylor does.

and yes, the world building is fantastic, everytime they start getting into this huge exposition dumps about how magic works and the symbolism of it all is always the best part of the story

who's your favorite character so far?
>>
File: Chaos.png (35KB, 268x293px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos.png
35KB, 268x293px
>>93227201
Uh, help?
>>
>>93230376
>best girl
that's a funny way of spelling the sphinx name
but i think we can all agree rose is worst girl by far
>>
>>93227201
Oh yes I would totally recommend Astro City.
>>
>>93230264
Pact is great and it is way easier to root for Blake than Skitter.
>>
>>93230697
Life in the Big City is the first volume.

Except for some background stuff and the occasional sequel story you can read it in pretty much any order.
>>
>>93230864
Good to know, thanks
>>
>>93230826
I found it emotionally exhausting and
lacking the immediate charm of Worm. If you only read Worm for the capes, you can skip Pact without missing much.
>>
>>93222275
>deconstruction
>>
>>93227201
Different anon, why is it bad? Is it cause apparantly the story can get depressing or....is it like all fanbases & has a bad side?
>>
File: IMG_0477.jpg (205KB, 1091x848px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0477.jpg
205KB, 1091x848px
>>93222275
Comic translation akin to the dark tower would be the most viable adaption. It'd take to much cgi to translate powers and the constant fights to live action and cartoons can't show the Mature stuff. That leave only comics And china cartoons

>>93223759
Meh, I'd watch that.
>>93227059
Biter is the most powerful cape!
>>
Consider: Crawler's genitalia
>>
>>93231882
>They are 7 tentacles with eyes and 2 mouths
>And they spit acid cum
>>93231734
Its fucking depressing that's why, like drowning kittens, depressing.
>>
>>93231734
is just the inherent nature of being part of a fandom that gets no new content for years
things fester

also the work is so big and dense that you can get lost doing nothing but speculation and fanwank of every tiny little detail
>>
File: tumblr_n5w71vbQOM1r22kk6o1_400.jpg (89KB, 329x528px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5w71vbQOM1r22kk6o1_400.jpg
89KB, 329x528px
i think we all know who the strongest cape really is
has anyone read the comic adaptation a fan did? you can only get it through patreon
>>
File: hR0R0Lq.jpg (86KB, 930x1420px) Image search: [Google]
hR0R0Lq.jpg
86KB, 930x1420px
but seriously, what the fuck was his problem?
>>
>>93230663
I'm up to TORONTO rn famalam, Blake just crossed paths with The Eye in battle. I guess I read more than I remember, I thought it was 7 arcs but it has been a week.

Not sure about my favourite character, maybe Rose? Not because she's particularly great, I just feel like the characters in general just aren't very good. They all have something about them that makes me think they are really close to being really cool but they fall flat in some way. The demons and nameless Others are more entertaining than the humans desu. The lawyers are pretty good too, but I haven't really seen enough of them to call qt evil lawyer waifu best girl.
>>
>>93231882
They're inside his body...
So what? Lots of animals have it that way.
>>
>>93232315
mass mind control,mass corruption,eldritch power,death perception, perception of the fourth wall...? I dunno
>>
File: IMG_0016.jpg (808KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0016.jpg
808KB, 1280x960px
>>93232315
Sleeper's power is to know Parian's true power, which is to know Sleeper's power.
>>
>>93232315
I'm guessing it's some sort of mass mind control if Khepri couldn't take him. He subsumes dimensions.
>>
>>93234147
Khepri could have taken him but she chose not to because it would have been more trouble then it's worth.

>more trouble

Sort of implies it would be more difficult. I.e take more mind control portals then a regular cape.
Meaning we can cross out sleeper having anything tough enough to harm scion as part of his arsenal.

>then its worth

It's gotta be a master/shaker/stranger effect/hivemind. If sleeper was an s-class blaster, tinker or thinker khepri would have snagged his ass in an instant to use as a frontliner/ incorporate in the thinktank/ use to build stuff.
>>
>>93234729
Some kind of trump seems most likely, both for explaining why controlling him is more trouble than it's worth and why everyone is so reticent to discuss his actual powerset.
>>
>>93222794

Then again, "Young Adult" is a pretty broad category that also includes shit like Animorphs. Other than a few Bonesaw sequences I don't think it strays too far out of that age range.
>>
>>93234729
what intrigues me so much is that she says he is sitting on a chair reading a book, so this is not some freak like crawler or the ash beast and he is not some crazy warlord like moord naag

if he is a hivemind i suspect he doesnt have a central body, as long as even one of his bodies is alive he is alive as opposed to taylor or alec that if you take the man body down the whole system collapses
>>
Nilbog best boy.
>>
>>93232131
And also that the fans are all collected in one or two hubs, and one of the biggest ones is Spacebattles. Which is full of anal retentive circlejerkers who obsess about power levels and hypothetical Who Would Win situations. They can turn any Worm discussion into a power debate. Their only saving grace is the amount of fresh fan content they produce.
>>
>>93222406
MHA is garbage shonen disguised under good designs with your known-all-too-well character archetypes, friendship-fueled-power-boosting shonen magic included.
>>
>>93232315
The only reason I can see, which follows a bit of the speculation of the other anon, is that Sleeper might just be an imagination-(un)limited Shaker of some kind, that has broken powers in the sense that they don't respond to him. That would mean that if Khepri wanted to assume control, she'd have to isolate everything around him everytime he was used. He might usually keep HIMSELF asleep so the powers only affect his "bubble". When that was shattered, he kinda just wandered into the nearest way out of the planet, maybe he just didn't want to fuck anything up really.
>>
>>93231734
In-story there are classifications of powers with numbers to how dangerous to the population they are, the larger number used being 12 (off the charts, historic amounts of power). One guy asked him what a Tinker 15 would look like in this setting. Well:
>You can build anything, and you can manifest advanced materials with which to build more, secreting it from your body. Further, your produced gear upgrades itself over time.
However, this comes at a cost. Your volition is gone, the shard is in full control, and in the course of its building frenzies, you're a mind trapped in a body that has been altered to a cyborg state, every limb and joint bending painfully in the wrong directions as you scurry and lurch this way and that, vomiting out materials that tear up your throat and mouth, and knock teeth loose, or feeling red hot agony as ceramics and hyperspecialized alloys thrust their way out of your body in spears and slabs.
Because the shard doesn't know how to take care of a human body, you fester, maggots eat dying flesh, you starve, and the solutions the shard devises and tinkers to sustain its host only barely keep you sustained, hauling you back into existence when your body or mind start to give. It needs you sane, for the occasional reference, so it drugs you to do just that.
Your waking existence is forever dying and slowly going mad, but never quite getting that release, filled with dread for those moments that are absolute torture, where the shard produces materials. Your sleeping existence is worse, because you get a sense of how the shard thinks, and of why things are the way they are.
>>
>>93236584
The author sure is a cheery fella.
>>
>>93234817
Some people say it's bugs eating Lung's nuts that's too violent. I'd say it's stabbing Bakuda in the foot that is the beginning of the family unfriendly escalation. Then you have cutting out Lung's eyes, and shoving bugs down Clockblocker's eyes and nostrils, and having spiders crawl over hostages at the bank.

It's not blood and gore that makes Worm adult, but all the implied and more subtle horror that's scary. If you've seen the scarab beetle scenes in The Mummy, that's how scary Skitter's spiders are.
>>
>>93222275
liveaction and animation, while both rather costly, I'd think the latter would be favored, just because the internal monologues are so important to Worm. Mr. Robot pulls some of those off, but they happen just a couple times every episode. In Worm its constant, but I think something animated might just work.
That or a comic, something like Hunter x Hunter, that has sometimes entire pages of text, pic related
>>
>>93236933
cont. People forget that the characters which in visual adaptation have to show some sort of visible reaction to things, in Worm, are 100% masked 90% of the time. Yeah, I'm thinking comic
>>
>>93236821
i think the moment we were introduced to bitch's dogs is when the story is making it perfectly clear what level of edginess we were going to be dealing with

but bakuda's bombs, especially the one that supposedly would distort grue's head, are what cemented how fucked up powers could get for me
>>
>>93236743
Yeah it can be a bit much honestly.

Makes one curious about his home life.
>>
>>93237401
He suffers from a deteriorating disease and has effectively come out to say he has an unspecified timer over his head.
>>
>>93237492
he confirmed that is not true
>>
>>93236990
Even Wildbow forgets sometimes.
I have noticed masked characters frowning, grimacing, and raising their eyebrows when the narrator by all rights shouldn't have been able to see it.
>>
>>93237781
It depends on the mask. Some use very small masks like Tattletale had a domino mask, like a bunch of DC heroes. So only a bit of skin around each eye is covered allowing her to make expressions.

Of course there are plently with full masks.
>>
>>93237492
he's deaf or partially deaf/hearing impaired.

he has said used his own experiences to write taylor's treatment at school, her bullying, and the blind eye of people in charge. that's prolly why his stories have anti-authority themes.
>>
>>93238097
Only a small minority of Worm capes wear domino masks, because they know it's impractical.

Most villains wear full face masks and many heroes wear half masks, like Armsmaster's visor or Miss Militia's flag. It shouldn't be possible to see them make facial expressions if they're eyes/mouth are covered, but it still happens.
>>
>>93237310
my moment was the "guts n glory" interlude pretty early in the story where glory girl beats up some gangsters, and that's the story's first intorduction to who the heroes are. panacea threatening to mess the guy up permanently, and glory girl going police brutality on him, thinking it was fine because he'd get fixed up later on... that was fucked up to me.
>>
>>93228301
Why the fuck would they get deleted in /lit/? Web literature is not allowed?
>>
>>93240835
/lit/ is full of butt hurt thinkers who are all too deep for anything that isn't about the existential crisis of a white male in a dreary humdrum existence.

>>93224030
Well Worm could be easily fucked up by a tv network. Imagine CW Worm. Or it being turned into a police procedural like Izombie or Lucifer.
>>
>>93226637
Wildbow wrote about the status of Worm in his news post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Parahumans/comments/454gb3/worm_news_editor_applications/
>To clarify, there's a 1 in 30 chance that the story actually gets optioned, which is where I'm agreeing to not give someone else the rights to make a movie/tv show for the duration of the option (and getting a little pocket money for that). After that there's a 1 in 100 chance it gets greenlit and actually becomes a show. Haven't even crossed the 1 in 30 point yet, but the fact that there's interest is pretty cool and I thought it was worth sharing.

Here's a comment Wildbow made about producers making suggestions about his work: https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/4zzeq0/studio_notes_to_spielberg_over_back_to_the_future/d70c65q/
>This is not a joke. And it's horrifying when you talk to someone about something you've put years of your life into and you realize they're dead serious about this shit.

> 3 different groups have approached me (two have been involved in international motion pictures), and sounded keen, but I've been informed that it's very common for the TV side of things to be very 'hype hype hype hype!' and then just stop dead in its tracks.

Here is his breakdown for a Worm TV show episode structure: https://www.reddit.com/r/Parahumans/comments/2auz3r/if_you_made_a_tv_show_out_of_worm_how_would_you/ciza5xg/
>>
>>93226781
dude it was definitely Trickster
everything he does is infuriating
>>
>>93227665
Twig is worth reading
I cried bitch tears
>>
File: green_eyes_by_aerryi-d8g5b2q.png (266KB, 540x762px) Image search: [Google]
green_eyes_by_aerryi-d8g5b2q.png
266KB, 540x762px
>>93230376
green eyes was the saving grace of pact's latter half
>>
>>93227173
I thought the same thing. Secretly, Wildbow rolled a die for every cape mentioned in the story until that point to see if they would die during the Leviathan fight. I guess the Undersiders just got lucky. If Skitter died, the story was going to shift to Aegis's point of view.

>>93230164
There's like five different points in the story where Tattletale looks like she's about to die, and I fell for it every goddamn time. I cared about that girl way too much.
>>
>>93240835
The last thread was moved by the mods to /lit/, and the posters there said to take it to /co/. Then the thread was deleted, probably to make room for more threads about wanking off Holden Caulfield or Nick Carraway.
>>
>>93242427
>I cared about that girl way too much.
I still don't understand why people like Tattletale so much. Her power is to find out everyone's bad habits and dirty secrets and use the information to manipulate them. She might be nice to Taylor because she thinks Taylor is suicidal and that reminds her of her brother, but she's definitely not a nice person.
>>
>>93243944
I don't know about that guy or anyone else but I love a character that's cocky and knows a little too much and Lisa is that and more
>>
>>93241385
>CW Worm.
>Taylor played by a model.
>love triangles.
>no Endbringers.
>sub-par SFX.
>>
>>93236134
guess you didn't read the latest chapter retard
>>
>>93244263
>not hyped about a clock-grue-taylor love triangle
>not hyped about having to see more street level gangs
ok
>>
>>93244308
Implying the bad guys wouldn't be just duos or pairs robbing the same bank set over and over. Like the Flash. Or the gangs mooks just being utterly useless 99% of the time like Arrow.
The Love triangle would totally be Alec and Brian.
>>
>>93244308
I started reading that El-Ahrairah fanfic (AU where Taylor has a Thinker power) and Clockblocker was openly macking on Taylor by the end of chapter 3, that shit was so hilarious to me for some reason. Of course it also has her meeting Cauldron and the Triumvirate in chapter 1, so I guess the author was showing a relatively high level of restraint toward their pet ship.
>>
>>93244210
Lisa's brother committed suicide out of the blue, and she didn't know why he did it. That's how she triggered as a thinker. The whole reason why she wanted to be Taylor's friend was because her thinker powers showed her that Taylor was depressed and verging on suicidal from being bullied at school and no one caring. Taylor is her morality pet because she is guilty about not being able to see or stop her brother's death. It made her motivations less genuine once I found out.

Great character, clever way to use her as an exposition device within the story, but as a person I just couldn't like her. Imagine meeting someone IRL who knows all your porn habits, weird fetishes, and last meal just by looking at you. It's scary as hell to me.
>>
>>93243944
I don't have any problems falling for trash waifus. Even if Tattletale is only nice to Taylor, that's enough for me to vicariously grow fond of her.
>>
>>93244444
Eh, any waifu is better than Panacea.
>>
>>93244435
>Imagine meeting someone IRL who knows all your porn habits, weird fetishes, and last meal just by looking at you
I'd just try to make them even more uncomfortable.
>>
>>93244393
How are you liking El Alrairah?
I thought the ultra competent 15 year old Taylor telling all those adult heroes what was wrong with their techniques was kind of wanky and self indulgent. It was like a fix fic disguised as a thinker altpower story.
>>
>>93244343
I'm down to see the 'totally not racist' E88 and Lung.
Besides a long running soap opera styled show would suit both the Protectorate and New Wave's retarded drama pretty well.
>>
>>93244263
>Purity is now a black woman.
>>
>>93244842

That fanfic sounds like shit
>>
>>93244989
>Theo is a blond hair blue eyed Aryan Chad

Man, have you seen what CW did to Archie in the Riverdale TV show?
>>
>>93244989
Clockblocker would also be black. CW hates red haired people and tries to replace them all with blacks.

>>93244871
Maybe if Wildbow had written guts and glory. But he wrote Worn, where the retarded family drama was a sideshow.

Anyway CW would strip away all the unique parts of Worm, and turn it into the Arrowverse but high school bullying edition.
>>
>>93245036
You should try reading it.
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/el-ahrairah-worm.372987/

It's popular because it has a competent Taylor MC whose schtick is to OPTIMIZE shards, and Spacebattles people love optimizing and rationalism. Makes for a Sue-ish and overpowered protagonist, which is boring or cringy depending on your tastes. And the writing isn't so bad it makes your eyes bleed, which is rare for fanfiction. So I'd say it's not fully shit, but it's not that good either. And at least there's no awkward Panacea romancing.

Have you read much Worm fanfiction?
>>
>>93245063
>replace them all with blacks.
What about characters that are actually black? Does Grue become a ginger?
>>
>>93244444
Best waifu
>>
>>93245063
>replace them all with blacks
they even made Drew Carey black, the sons of bitches
>>
>>93245173
I just realised that shatterbird is a sandperson with powers over silicon.
>>
>>93244871
>>93244989
>Tfw if Worm ever gets an accurate adaptation /pol/ will gladly adopt E88.
>>
>>93245309
/pol/ would hate Worm. A white girl spilling her spaghetti for a black guy. A black guy then dating a white girl. Lesbians. Lots of strong female protagonists.
>>
>>93245206
The black guy has darkness powers
>>
>>93245367
So does the black girl, Shadow Stalker.
>>
File: ?.png (71KB, 952x852px) Image search: [Google]
?.png
71KB, 952x852px
>>93245424
For som reason I always imagined her shadow state being ghostly white
>>
>>93222406

This. >>93236134
>>
>>93231823
>Comic translation akin to the dark tower would be the most viable adaption
I've been wanting to adapted the Behemoth fight for like a month now. But that'd be like a year's worth of work on a fan project.
>>
>>93245338
/pol/ is a large variety of people from a number of countries.

Worm was well written and plausible enough that I didn't care.
>>
>>93245126

>Have you read much Worm fanfiction?

I have, that's pretty much the problem. Most of them(Not all, most), read like manifestos on how Taylor should be in charge of everything and everyone forever and have all the characters experience an I.Q plummet that leaves her miraculously untouched. And the less said of the self inserts and alt-power fics the better
>>
>>93245451
How does that work? She's black and her costume's theme color is black, and she has the word Shadow in her name. She started being a violent vigilante at 13/14. Her whole character is built around being dark and edgy.
>>
>>93236134
The characters are the best part dumby
>>
>>93245206
Hookwolf literally called her a sandnigger, she's a cute sandnigger tough
>>
>>93245338
/pol/ sees the whole capeshit as shit and worm wouldn't be the exception I assure you
>>
>>93245528
>manifestos on how Taylor should be in charge of everything and everyone forever
Goddamn that shit is the worst. I started out really liking Copacetic but it wound up so far up Taylor's asshole.
I liked Harbinger. Taylor's competent but the story doesn't indulge and she fucks up a lot still.
>>
>>93245533
When I read I usually visaulise new things as things I'm familiar with, pic related
>>
>>93245528
That's Taylor-centric morality for you. Skitter did nothing wrong, Alexandria commited suicide by cape, and the Undersiders were bringing hope and order to Brockton Bay by being benevolent warlords the city needed but didn't deserve.

If altpowers annoy you, stop reading them maybe? Are there any non-shitty Worm fanfics that you actually like?
>>
>>93245620
You should try weaver nine, it's mostly about Jack slash taking the place of skitter, well Skitter does become the leader of the 9 and they become a worldwide organisation that tries to fight the endbringers, they fuck up a lot tough
>>
>>93245687
Already read it, it was the second fic I ever read after Cenotaph. I enjoyed how convincing Jack was, and the Bad Things for Good Reasons morality that reflected themes of canon Worm while still having its own unique world and direction. I'm only sad it died after the big fight.
>>
>>93245620

Yeah a few, Atonement was a favorite of mine before it stopped updating, there was a worm mirrorverse story i liked that also stopped updating.currently reading Worm Protocol.and i realy enjoyed Spillover.
>>
>>93236134
>friendship fueled power boosting
nigga wat
>>
File: chibi_ziz_by_liujuin-d7zhbye[1].jpg (280KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
chibi_ziz_by_liujuin-d7zhbye[1].jpg
280KB, 1024x1024px
Who is the best engbringer and why is it bohu?
>>
>>93245770
I think the fact that they won the big fight and Jack helped set up a better future for his fellow capes as enough closure. Despite all the death it seems that the surviving capes were set up for better lives
>>
>>93246315
>>93246315
sorry but you proved yourself wrong with your picture

as an addenum id like to propose that simurgh/tattletale is best ship bar none
>ywn have a giant crystal lady following you everywhere to sing you lullabys while saying she's sorry
>>
>>93246429
It set up so many interesting things that it was disappointing not to get more of them. Jack and Sophia, Armsmaster the official mentor, the Society earning a reputation for being legit. It's good that it ended with a finished arc but it's such a good story that I couldn't help but want more. Probably one of my favorites. Few things can compare.
>>
>>93246315
It's Khonsu, bitch
>>
John Boyega should play Grue in whatever adaptation
>>
>>93245928
That last fight against a multiple-year accumulating All-for-One versus a tired and incomplete One-for-All, then the media captures it and people cheer him on and he wins because of this. If he'd died right then and there, I could maybe go back to giving a shit to a cmoci which its second arc is the very VERY overused and generic "Tournament Arc so the readers can see my WAAaAaAaAacky ideas because I can't be bothered to actually be creative in my introduction of new characters"
>>
>>93248978
>John Boyega
He doesn't grow good cornrows though
>>
>>93223510
>Studio executives and focus groups would balk at the image of a realistic (and ugly looking) 15 year old girl doing the crazy shit Taylor does, like carving out Lung's eyes.
If there ever was a faithful adaptation of Worm I'd love to see shit like this happen. Going all-in on the ultraviolence and character depictions, while keeping people the same age would make it so much better.
>>
>>93225728
Local bullied girl fucks up everyone with bugs. Everyone.
>>
>>93249681
>while keeping people the same age
That's tough, made Millie could do the part in a few years
>>
>>93242753
>>93240835
I was there for another thread & it was deleted after a bunch of /Lit/tards bitched. I told them to hide the thread but they kept bitching.
>>
>>93232198
Do tell.
>>
>>93245533

From the Wards' arc.

"The sound of a laptop crashing to the ground made Vista turn. She saw Sophia in her shadow state, wispy, her skeleton visible beneath her skin, warped. The girl’s eyes were too reflective, her entire body seemed to bend and distort, not completely solid as she leaped towards Vista."
>>
File: 1477923631597.jpg (50KB, 495x345px) Image search: [Google]
1477923631597.jpg
50KB, 495x345px
>>93250224
>Sophia going shade-form releases her skeleton from its fleshy confine to spook people the fuck out
>>
>>93249836
Funny, I pictured Dinah as her.
>>
>>93250490
I'd like for there to be a living skeleton Case 53. I'm not sure how that would tie into a shard/power.
>>
>>93250550
Maybe a power similar to Marquis' except he works with any and all calcium? Including those of other peoples' bodies? Including the calcium in the earth and buildings and other materials?
>>
>>93250678
>skeleton with skeleton armor
absolutely savage
>>
>>93250678
Marquis has one of the craziest worm powers. How the fuck does he fly on his bone wings??
>>
>>93251825
Dimensional nonsense. Same with every other power.
>>
>>93242335
>green eyes was the saving grace

No lie.

You have to adore a monster girl who is so self-aware of her true awfulness, but so into the hero that she makes it worth it anyway.

I would tear out my heart and hand it to her too.

Any of us would.

I mean, come on, she went head-on against a DRAGON for Blake. That's a keeper.
>>
>>93243944
>>>93242427
>>I cared about that girl way too much.
>I still don't understand why people like Tattletale so much.

Dude, Tattletale is a person who got what seems like a truly world-class power, that utterly ruins her life as a side-effect.

Yet, despite knowing way, waaaay too much about every one she meets, she still does her level best.

Think about it.

SHE was the one who finally defeated the Golden Idiot. Khepri fought him to a standstill long enough, made him react enough, that Tata finally got a read on him, and realized his weakness.

It was only when everyone pitched in to the bullying campaign that they finally broke him, and then Defiant put a hyper-dimensional killshot through him.

Yes, she barely survived by the skin of her teeth, but she soldiered on through everything and saved the day.

And honestly? She's making a utopia in the wreckage. She's making everything Taylor ever wanted come true.

Good for her.
>>
>>93252118
wildbow really has a thing for monstergirls i feel, since they end up being the cutest characters in his stories
sveta, hellen, green eyes, hell, even taylor to a certain extent
>>
>>93251825
>he flew on bone wings
When was this? I completely forgot.
>>
>>93246315
Levi is still the best.
>>
>>93252480
>Levi
>not BEHEMOTH the wrestling king of the THUNDER SLAM and the KILL-ZONE and the INNER FLAME moves
>>
>>93245620
Alexandri kinda fucked up when she interrogated Taylor
>Knows that natural trigger capes have their mind fucked up in some way
>She fucks with the mind of the mentally unstable teenage girl
The bitch had it coming.
>>
World of worm!
How fucked are you?
>>
>>93253662
Forgot image...
World of Worm, how fucked up are you?
>>93253585
Bitchxandria underestimated bug girl, considering the fact that bitch was invincible it didn't made sense for her to be afraid and Skitter pulled her Trump card
>>
>>93253662
Fugged. I'm trying to think of some tramatic moments in my life and see if they're trigger worthy. Nothing too bad compared to some real horror stories.
>>
>>93252394
30,7 during the scion battle

A man, flying with great skeletal bat wings, a kind of lace or filigree of bone stretched between segments, rose into the air to intercept me.
No, to intercept a member of my swarm .
My swarm worked to cut him off, but he was agile, persistent. As massive and bulky as those wings seemed, they shapeshifted in the process of each flap, the lattice of bone opening up to let air pass through, then closing when he wanted the air resistance to bear himself higher, or to one side.
>>
File: 1449266997177.jpg (16KB, 365x276px) Image search: [Google]
1449266997177.jpg
16KB, 365x276px
just read Teneral e.3

>mfw best girl is finally free
>>
>>93253736
Damn. Must have sped past it. Cool.
>>
For someone whose power is literally "I win", Cauldron is pretty incompetent. Or is that just me?
>>
>>93254823
what were they trying to accomplish specifically and how far does the ending deviate from it?
>>
>>93253711
>United Germany

Anon I think that map is overly optimistic
>>
>>93254823
well the thing is that they didnt actually have a concrete plan beyond "create lots of capes so we can use them for final fight against scion"
so they managed that but then a hundred million consequences came from that and at that point they were just trying to shore a breaking dam they were just responding to situations as they arose and eventually it got too out of control for them
>>
>>93254963
also worth noting Path to Victory is excellent defensively but "take over the Yangban" isn't necessarily workable since anything that involves long timescales and lots of people runs into trigger events since those aren't rare (on a global scale there are at least a dozen a day or more)
>>
>>93245538
The characters are by far the worst part. Literally every shonenshit trope reimagined yet again. I can't fucking take it anymore.
>>
>>93255219
It says a lot that the only parts I don't regret paying attention to are the ones where the characters are talking atmosphere instead of interacting with eachother. Which is a big fat fucking shame, since I really enjoyed the VERY first few chapters of that.

>>93254823
He power is "how can I, a otherwise common-physics-bound human being achieve X". Her interlude covers this well. She can never quite do what she wants, just whats more effective. Saving her village, curing everyone, explaining it to her family AND killing the entity? 100x harder than just doing the latter. PoV is "balanced".

>>93254446
Dragon is such a best waifu that even a clone of herself acknowledges this
>>
time to decide once and for all, who was the biggest piece of shit?
>Krouse
>cody
>Saint

my vote goes to cody, simply because on some level krouse and saint achieved a tiny iota of sucess and self respect while cody was a whiny bitch from beggining to end
>>
>>93255219
other than kinda decent animation, I have absolutely no idea what anyone sees in MHA
>>
>>93255459
Cody exists to ruin everything. Nothing else.
Runner-up is Saint. Tried to kill ultimate waifu because muh AI taking over humanity. He fucking KNEW people needed Dragon at the time, and he fucked her up just because.
Krouse was an idiot but he stuck with Noelle in spite of everyone else. Too bad he never got to fuck her before she became Echidna. Dying to Scion was at least an okay way to go.
>>
>>93255459
Saint tried to kill Dragon. Fuck that guy.
>>
>>93255617
>>93255545
>>93255545
>>93255617
whats worse, the only reason he decided to do it was because she was about to find him, so it wasnt even blind fanatism, he was a selfish, selfserving ass who didnt want to get caught.

and then he goes and tries to do dragon's job for her and then first thing he does is abandon the heroes who were fighting nilbog's creations for no good reason and then he fails at everything else as well because oops, turns out a single human cant keep track of the hundreds of vital tasks dragon was in charge of

and when everyone else keeps telling him he fucked up he refuses to acknoledge any of it, and then talks shit to colin's face about how she doesnt really love him

im so glad he ended up with teacher, simply because how much of a spit to his own pride it must be that the one thing he precisely wanted to avoid ended up happening anyway

fuck that guy
>>
File: undersiders_by_shadaan-dahwc9f.jpg (242KB, 1000x650px) Image search: [Google]
undersiders_by_shadaan-dahwc9f.jpg
242KB, 1000x650px
>>93253662
>>93253711
I'd dodged two EB bullets, in 1992 my parents dodge the Behemoth attack to SĂŁo Paulo in 93 to live in Rio.
I'm born in 96, and way before the second attack to Brazil in 2012, we move to the city across the local bay, Niteroi, in 2000. Not much better, I imagine some waves DID hit the area around here, but couldn't be much.
I don't like that Wildbow thinks the entire south america would be taken over by cartels. I can totally see people here treating things a lot like India. A lot of famous people have been through some early-life hardships, so I can see an entire national team formed around that idea.
Cartels would hold SOME influence on the shadows, but the real monsters would be the rapidly absorbed Thinkers and Strangers, government funded to keep things in line. Tinkers are left to thrive through their own devices, too expensive to maintain, most of them end up being sold as slaves to the cartel or finding safety in villainous groups.

Parahumans would have started popping up by the very end of the Military Dictatorship. I can see things twisting a lot by then as well. By 1982, while the picture was looking brighter IRL, on the Wormverse they'd find a quickly rising number of tortured subjects to be finding themselves with powers. These would escape and form an even stronger resistance, now fueled by superpowers. The dictatorship now ending even earlier, with strong populist/socialist parties feeding off of this. Important to note that these work very differently around here.
The events from the end of the 20th century would better mold what ended up happening in these parts.

>>93253721
Would definitely trigger in one of two events that happened around my end-of-highschool life. Trying to fight an ever-lurking depression that I didn't want to accept, while trying to carry on my back the weight of two lives of people I loved, my then emotionally-abusive suicidal girlfriend and my mentally ill mom.
>>
File: 1496796213589.jpg (45KB, 588x394px) Image search: [Google]
1496796213589.jpg
45KB, 588x394px
>>93253662
>>93253711
>Mexico
>No narco-cartels

I call bullshit
>>
>>93254446
Okay finished for real now. I'm not at all sold on Grue actually being dead and Taylor surviving, as well as Danny being inexplicably alive. Plus reuniting with her mother, sort of seems contrary to many of Worm's themes.

>>93255459
Saint's position is reasonable, Krouse wasn't much worse than anyone else doing fucked up things for a good reason. Cody did everything wrong.
>>
>>93255872
There's a popular theory that Taylor's in a coma and her ending is a dream and Wildbow has referenced the possibility often enough that it's plausible.

See the last line of the official survey here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScjuTWbuKyzuwewyqqQ4mBVNzdk-1H7dVfeu_4sWbhSanXeMg/viewform?c=0&w=1
>>
>>93255872
She's not reunited because that's not her mother.
We never saw the body of her father, Taylor only thinks that what happened when people seem to be trying to hide something from her but are about to explain, which was probably people trying to tell her about Grue, not her father. They just didn't know what exactly she was thinking of exactly.

Also, Fortuna PoV'd a gun-surgery as to remove her corona pollentia and her gemma. She just did the thing where people sometimes get a fucking steel bar through their skull and walk out of that afterwards. She shot, then walked over, since now Khepri was deactivated, removed the bullets, closed the wounds and sent her over to a new chance in life, as her first action in years she deemed not being told to her as part of a Path. She believed she was doing good, even if Taylor didn't want to keep going
>>
>>93255833
Enough big guns in the right places and things start switching. Also, american intervention in the early days, where the US had the biggest known power houses in the world because Cauldron
>>
File: 1493419331398.jpg (12KB, 198x174px) Image search: [Google]
1493419331398.jpg
12KB, 198x174px
>>93255979
That's even worse since it makes any content of Taylor's post-Contessa encounter moot

>>93256029
I know it's not her Annette. I actually like that even after everything she's been through she still hasn't moved on from her death, but her trying to find peace through an alt-universe version isn't how I think that should be shown.
>>
>>93256182
>but her trying to find peace through an alt-universe version isn't how I think that should be shown.
If you think she'll ever find peace after the her last sentence on the book, you didn't fully get Taylor.
"I can maybe deal. I could maybe learn to be okay."

Taylor's character arc is a self-destructive one. She's not going to let it go, at least not of herself. She has doomed herself to never get past the "okay" life she has ahead of her, after all she's been through, after the way her last 3 years have molded her, I cannot see Taylor being happy any time soon.
This is not a happy ending.
>>
how the fuck is wildbow going to preserve the ambiguity of worm's ending in worm 2, that's what I want to know

like the final chapter sets it up that tattletale is "looking after" something involving taylor or her legacy in some way, and if he never addresses that then there's going to be rioting in the streets
>>
>>93256283
>This is not a happy ending.

yes? and? Life doesn't come with happy endings. Everyone takes a dirtnap, sooner or later. With everything she's done, for good or ill, this is probably the best ending she could reasonably expect. Until that last chapter was released, her final reward could have just been a double-tap. It would have been in character, and thematically appropriate, if exceedingly dark.
>>
>>93256394
Probably by never having Taylor as a major character, and never appearing in person in worm2. Other characters might reference khepri, but she never shows up and the setting never switches to Annette's house in Aleph.
>>
>>93256283
I think you misunderstand, I agree. I'm saying that showing her still not at peace is an appropriate bookend to her arc but that it should have been done differently.
>>
>>93254881
Their "path to build an army" was what got Doctor Mother killed and Contessa chucked out of a window.
>>
>>93222794
Gen Urobuchi'd probably be able to sell it to one of the big studios.
>>
>>93256701
not exactly, their path was good enough, is just that they ended up creating mantellum, a cape that can precisely counter her path to victory.
if hadnt been for mantellum they would have gotten away with most of it i feel
>>
>>93222222
>>
>>93256814
They created an army, but never pathed it to be an army on their side. They had one job!
>>
>>93249745
I preferred it when it was still Local Bullied Girl makes terrible life decisions, until like a thrid of the way through the universe itself started to justify all of her crazy.
>>
>>93257256
>until like a third of the way through the universe itself started to justify all of her crazy
By throwing even MORE crazy at her, because muh infinite serial escalation.
>>
>>93257282
I started out hoping for some emotional pay off an catharsis and in the end I was just laughing at how stupid everything got.
>>
>>93257337
My moment of realising the stupidity came when Alexandria was kill.
>>
>>93257376
I had to switch what I was in it for when Dragon, the super-death machine came over and got fucking rolled by a bunch of teens with medocer powers as they attacked the equivalent of a police office stuffed with orphans in the middle of a disaster zone. If there's a time when the government should go for disproportionate retribution its then.
>>
>>93223759
The S9 aren't invincible though. They lose members all the time.
>>
>>93245206
She cannonical destroyed Abu-Dhabi during her trigger IIRC
>>
File: Costanza.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Costanza.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
>>93246315
>not knowing the entirety of WORM is a Simurgh plot
>>
>>93253711
>Detroit is doing rather nicely
LMAO
>>
File: 1495086280055.jpg (107KB, 793x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1495086280055.jpg
107KB, 793x1008px
>>93258619
>not knowing you getting a boner was a Simurgh plot
>not realizing getting you to fuck her was a Simurgh plot to create a new Eidolon
>>
>>93259210
a kaijuu was never so fuckable
>>
Anyone else feel like Wildbow missed an opportunity to have black supremacist villains, even if only in the background?.
>>
>>93259686
Would have been hard to keep in the background with the E88 also being present.
>>
What really fucking irked me at worm was how self righteous taylor was. "ughhhh I helped my community by spending cash someone else made and the heroes are bad for punishing me for commiting crimes" Also its is NEVER adressed how tf the undersiders are making cash, because the author doesnt want to admit his perfect protagonists are selling drugs/running protection rackets/driving people into prostitution
>>
>>93260247
>it is NEVER addressed how tf the undersiders are making cash
Yeah it is. Coil is giving them money for doing what they're doing.
>>
>>93260277
Yeah but what about after they kill him? Don't they take over his crime empire? Coil and Skitters relationship also irked me tho. She thought she was gonna be his top lieutenant and become valuable enough to replace dinah yet all she does is waste his money? Come on
>>
>>93260468
Tattletale is an embezzler and a super investor, she was able to buy out Coil, and after Echidna she obtained the rights to the interdimensional portal which basically gave her control of Brockton Bay. They had no problem getting money after that.

But yeah Skitter was deluding herself about Dinah
>>
>>93260529
Its honestly just strange. You have villain protagonists that straight up dont commit any morally heinous crimes (besides regent but thats why he was the best character)
It feels like a lot of worm is a vehicle for the author to express his anti authority stance and isnt really well thought out
I guess I would have just prefered it if the story went more ala breaking bad and Skitter became a real villain. Thats why Arc 21 was the best Imo
>>
>>93236584
That sounds like a great class-s threat.
>>
>>93260577
>You have villain protagonists that straight up dont commit any morally heinous crimes

Probably because they're more focused on the organized crime aspect, but also because they are very specifically playing "the game".
But that's still not completely true. They tend to terrorize and freak people the fuck out (one of Taylor's first jobs is using her bugs at a party), and the Undersiders are eventually considered a huge threat locally. Also she killed Alexandria.
>>
>>93260577
>express his anti authority stance
People say this a lot about wildbow but I don't think that's actually his opinion, it's just a natural consequence of how he writes. He keeps ratcheting up the tension and raising the stakes, and one of the easiest ways to do that is to paint an "us vs. the world" picture. So he's not so much "anti-authority" as "anti-authority" is a very convenient aesthetic for the kinds of stories he likes to write. It's not like it's specific to him either, just look at all of the video games or other YA novels that are about rebelling against an evil empire.
>>
>>93260644
What amazes me about skitter is how she constantly bemoans how noone is willing to meet her halfway, yet she is the one that will dictate the terms or else her team will attack the city. Or how she'll complain about how the PRT lacks a spine, but the moment they grow a pair and go after her theyre being unfair. I honestly think Wildbow deliberatly wrote her this way so we'd understand her failings as a person/hero
>>
>>93260712
You're probably right. I haven't read twig and I got bored of pact to be able to assess anything else he's written
>>
>>93258716
WE
>>
>>93260723
Its supposed to be obvious desu.
These guys have been doing a podcast over each arc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HydKjQMzJ8
And Wildbow comments on each and everyone with a huge wall of WoG
Basically yes, Taylor is quite a piece of shit. Everything is as intended. He juxtaposes these on purpose to rationalize Taylor's (and basically any person's really) ability to compartmentalize. Taylor does this to an extreme because that is precisely HER character flaw. I personally like how infuriating she is to people, because that just makes her more human. Some people's flaws are infuriating to us. I can't get into a reread of Harry Potter these days because I've come to hate that stupid idiot so much.
>>
>>93260909
Honestly I think it comes off as if I dont like worm or skitter but I actually do. I just love how vicious she is, and how much of an evil bitch she can be. I guess it is obvious if you think about it, but hypocritical protagonists are so common in fiction (especially yes, harry potter) that I wouldnt put it past even wildbow to write someone liek that accidentally
>>
>>93222275
Has anyone else realised that half the shit Skitter does with bugs is impossible? Obviously the biggest one is when she kills the superman expy with them, but the most infuriating one is when she uses bugs stealthily. Has Wildbow ever seen a mass of insects? They are NOT quiet
>>
>>93224030
>producers who showed interest in doing Worm want to change things he isn't okay with
Like?
>>
>>93260981
Even the endbringers tried suffocating her, I don't get why people think that it was impossible, its not like she can flex her fucking insides and crush the bugs.
Plus, Alexandria was planning on getting attacked, a reason to put Taylor on jail. She just wasn't planning on getting fucking rekt

Also, her bugs aren't always flying when going stealthy, ever tried listening to a bug crawling, or rather, skittering?
Plus, she doesn't use entire swarms to feel around except for some very rare occasions. Most of the times she uses a couple dozen regular ol' bugs to feel the general area. If you've ever been to somewhere with mosquitoes you WILL wonder how the fuck did they manage to sneak past your senses and bite you dozens of times on your arms and legs without you noticing
>>
>>93224030
>The problem is that so far, producers who showed interest in doing Worm want to change things he isn't okay with.
>producers who showed interest in doing Worm

I call bullshit.
>>
>>93261060
She should be able to fly straight up high enough where the bugs cant physically move pretty quick and let space caused super vomit take care of them.
>>
>>93261060
Google the speed of a mosquito. Then remember alexandria can move faster than the speed of sound on a dime, can see perfectly, and has superhuman intelligence that operates just as fast as her body does. There is NO way a swarm of mosquitos makes it to her mouth before she's already torn off Taylors head. The theory that she meant for Taylor to kill her is retarded, but its the only thing that makes sense
>>
>>93261083
I don't think it's that rare for producers to just show interest. Even if you capitulate to all of their requests, they probably won't pick it up.
>>
>>93261132
She doesn't have speed force tier reaction speeds. Most Worm parahumans have normal human reaction times. Alexandria started flying, after the bugs were flying into her mouth and down her throat.

Also Movement doesn't equal perception. Or it might be like Legend where you need to speed up for the mind to speed up.
>>
>>93222275
comic or an animated tv show if possible
>>
>>93261321
She doesnt need speed force tier reaction. A mosquito moves at a maximum of like TWO MILES an hour. A fucking normal human child who saw a mosquito approaching could outrun it (and with her enhanced perception and intelligence, she most definetly would)

There is no way for her to be able to fly at Mach 5 (She has done this, check the Khonsu fight) and not have enhanced reaction times, else she'd be carshing all over the place. In her interlude it straight up says that her mind operates faster than a normal humans. Besides, its all a moot point. All alexandria had to do was be fast enough to close her mouth and/or pinch her nose before the bugs got in.

I honestly fucking cheered when Skitter killed alexandria because of how she went about it, but unles theres something we dont know it literally does not make sense.
>>
>>93261407
https://www.distance.to/Japan/Cape-verde
Correction, seeing as how she made the above trip in about 6 minutes, Alexandria can move at about 40 kilometers per second.
>>
>>93240835
>/lit/
I swear we need another literature board.

It would be nice if we had a place for all the books that /lit/ hates to talk about.
>>
>>93259686
>Anyone else feel like Wildbow missed an opportunity to have black supremacist villains, even if only in the background?.

He did.

Moord Nag.

Even when gifted with the ability to speak English, she would not stain her tongue witht he language of the whites.

Sounds pretty 'black supremacist' to me.
>>
>>93261871
She only spoke Afrikaans... P sure thats a white language
>>
>>93260277
>>>93260247
>>it is NEVER addressed how tf the undersiders are making cash
>Yeah it is. Coil is giving them money for doing what they're doing.

Far more importantly, they had Number Man as their accountant, and he was giving them all the money they needed.

Remember, ALL of Brockton Bay was a Cauldron experiment.

Doctor Mother, that utter monster, had high hopes for Coil.
>>
>>93261910
Except in Alexandria's Interlude, they decide against intervening to help the Brockton Bay experiment. Which makes sense, because it would be pretty fucking stupid to test if Parahuman feudalism is viable if you have to bail them out
>>
>>93260577
>You have villain protagonists that straight up dont commit any morally heinous crimes

Honestly, that's very much a cape trope.

Villains break the law and do bad shit, but they're not complete monsters most of the time.

S9 is the worst, and they all have 'kill on sight' orders on them.

Granted, Taylor gets pretty horrifying. Bug Girl hates eyeballs the way Wondy hates necks....
>>
>>93261978
My issue is just where they're pulling the money from? Villains are villains because they commit crimes to make money. Post-Coil The undersiders have to be selling drugs,getting into prostitution or something equally vile in order to mantain their grip on the city. The fact that the author doesn't adress makes it seem as if he doesnt want the characters morality being questioned
>>
>>93262011
They confiscate Coil's financial empire for their own use. Well, mainly Tats does, but same difference.
>>
>>93262011
Coil was gaining the system with his power (even more with Dinah for some weeks) for god knows how long. He has enough to pay for Faultline, permanent mercenary army, tinker equipment, enough money to bail people out of legal trouble any time he needs their specialties, enough to command political figures and multiple villainous groups. He has easily a couple billions on his name, and thats not even counting his construction empire, which I assume is what Tattle uses to do the building post Alt Earth portal
>>
>>93261538
/trashlit/?
>>
>>93261126
>>>93261060
>She should be able to fly straight up high enough where the bugs cant physically move pretty quick and let space caused super vomit take care of them.

Wow, learn some anatomy. Vomit is not on the same pathway as air.

Also, read what Taylor did.

She filled Wonder Bitches mouth and nose with small bugs, while hitting her face and etc with bigger ones.

When Alexandria blew out, the bugs went flying...but then she had to breathe in, and Taylor had lots more bugs waiting. As she sucked in air, the bugs rode in on the flow.

Now, Taylor has bugs in her airways, where she CAN'T get air in front of them. Worse, the bugs in there are actively packing themselves in deeper, blocking alveoli and covering membranes with silk/fluids/wings.

Taylor used the bugs as a smart nano-fluid, and drowned her in maybe a cupful of biomass.

Once they're in there, they cannot be removed. Even if they're all dead, the silk and gluey fluids and membranes all stick together.

Very horrible way to die. Very plausible, and totally caught me off guard.
>>
>>93261538
Bring back/fitlit/
>>
>>93262052
>>93262115
Again, I know they confiscate his finances. What I'm saying is that Coil must have been into shady shit (Or else he would not have been a villain), so by extension, The Undersiders are continuing whatever fucked up shit Coil was doing to keep making money
And even if they did have a massive cashout from Coil and never had to commit crimes again, its a massive copout. Wildbow wanted the cool and rebellious factor with his Villain heroes, but besides the "token bad guy" regent, the undersiders never do anything for personal gain.
>>
>>93261407
>She doesnt need speed force tier reaction.

Alexandria could tank punches from Behemoth with her face.

Why would she treat bug powers with anything less than utter contempt?

Remember, Taylor's powers were commonly conceived as being terrible, until you had to actually fight her.

Alexandria thought she was perfectly invulnerable, and Taylor was just lashing out in rage.

Alexandria was very very wrong.
>>
>>93262139
Again, Alexandria is exponential faster than sound, has beyond human senses, and despite what Wildbow wants you to believe insects are fucking slow. If a fucking superstrong superfast hydrokinetic like Leviathan can't drown Alexandria with his total control over water, then it's laughable to even suggest bug girl could
>>
>>93262196
The moment shit got even slightly problematic for her, Taylor was dead. A normal human can hold their breath for like, two minutes? Given alexandrias speed, she only needed at most a second to get rid of taylor.
>>
>>93262171
(not that guy)
I think Coil was actually driving himself deeply into debt. That's why Tattletale was able to buy his mercenaries out from under him.

The Undersiders have money because Tattletale knows how to make money. Also keep in mind that only a couple weeks pass after Coil dies and before Skitter joins the Wards, so they didn't have much time to run out of money.
>>
>>93262266
http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20141021-the-fastest-insect-in-the-world
The fastest insect in the world, as in like, the absolute record that other bugs can nowhere near match up to, is slower than a person jogging.
>>
>>93262215
>total control over water

No.

Leviathan had a very crude, very slow, macroscale water telekinesis. Not 'perfect control over water. He could apply enough force to move tectonic plates, but never hold a teacup.

Leviathan could not pull off what Taylor did.

I find it very fitting that some of the very most powerful capes in the world were taken down by tiny, tiny amounts of perfectly precise force.

Heh, she beat Lung with two bugs, and one of them was dead!

"Don't underestimate me', she told him.
>>
>>93262279
If tattletale had the skills to get past Watchdogs thinkers, why did she ever need to resort to petty crime?
Youre second point is my headcannon though. I like to think Skitter realized they wouldnt be able to control the city without resorting to violent crime or drugs, and thats part of why she wanted out
>>
>>93262322
Leaviathans macro hydro kinesis is just his main threat. The existence of his water echo shows he can control water just as well on a smaller scale.
I really want to agree with you, because Cell used to be my favorite arc, and I loved it when skitter did shit like that. But like I said, Alexandria can move at like over mach 20. A bug is not even going to touch her before taylor is in a billion different pieces
>>
>>93223280
>I'm just fininsing reading it (interlude 29) and I tried going blind
Did blindness improve the experience?
>>
>>93222794
I feel like the best parts of worm are the street level action, before everything becomes "save the world" and "stop generic serial killer monster thing #312833"
>>
>>93262320
that's just on foot, flying insects can travel a lot faster (not mach 5 tho)
>>
>>93262498
You're right, I stand corrected. I honestly feel like such an annoying NEET fighting about this, but I was pretty bummed when I kept finding plot hole over plot hole on my favorite part of such an amazing novel
>>
>>93262459
Eh I liked the extermination arc and the slaughterhouse 9 stuff, but everything else that came up afterwards really dragged on. The dragon fight was ridiculous. That would have been a good scenario for the undersiders to face a loss and find a way to recover, but they autowin against the strongest tinker in the world and one of the strongest capes period. Then they fight echidna, who is just another "hurr durr i hate everything and im going to kill everyone" character mixed with Leviathan style fight sequences. The villains in the first 8 arcs are great because they have realistic motivations. The slaughterhouse 9 work because theyre a special case. If you introduce more deranged nihilistic killers, it just kinda falls apart
>>
File: 1481257313580.jpg (942KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481257313580.jpg
942KB, 1920x1080px
>>93222275
Go to /a/ loser
>>
>>93245126
I hate how taylor acts in that fic. it's better written than most fanfic but taylor constantly being able to outsmart and order around the fucking triumvirate and people more than twice her age triggers me.

>Spacebattles people love optimizing and rationalism. Makes for a Sue-ish and overpowered protagonist, which is boring or cringy depending on your tastes.
you hit the nail on the head. but even then out of all the sites I've checked out the stories on spacebattles are generally better written than the ones on fanfiction.com

>>93245528
alt-power fics and crossovers are a massive guilty pleasure for me. the thing that pisses me off the most about alt-power fics is that they tend to make taylor act ooc
>>
>>93261538
Just use /trash/ or /r9k/ if it has nothing to do with women.
>>
>>93245528
>>93263031
Never have I seen a community with such ripe material for multiple fanfiction ideas but that faces the problem where 80+% of them are about fixing the main character at the same time that it has such rich resources to create OC fics, but those have the problem of people not understanding the Wormverse and/or how shard fueled powers work, leading to those being easily ignored overall.
>>
>>93263052
All of us are here though. We need some way to get everyone on the same page that "worm threads will be in /wherever/ from now on". /lit/ would've worked but the first thread we made that wasn't moved there got deleted.
>>
>>93262348
>why did she ever need to resort to petty crime
Because she was a teenager with a shiny new power running away from home.

>>93262404
>Alexandria can move at over mach 20
Well she wasn't. She was showing off, making Taylor sweat over her alleged dismantling of the Undersiders. By the time she realized she was in trouble, it was too late. She was asphyxiating and her instincts and/or panic took over, forcing her out of Taylor'rs range with her last order still driving the bugs to burrow/gum themselves into her lungs.
>>
I've just read some Worm threads from /lit/ archive and, wow dude, what a bunch of annoying faggots
>>
>>93263360
Except for the eventual mongoloid that comes around these threads, this belongs on /co/
(especially if the header is like the one on the OP, since threads like these can be seen many times about videogames for example). We can use that to have a space to discuss around here, while still maintaining the reason why it fits /co/.

tl;dr: this was a good OP
>>
>>93262552
>I honestly feel like such an annoying NEET fighting about this, but I was pretty bummed when I kept finding plot hole over plot hole on my favorite part of such an amazing novel

You are being an annoying NEET.

There's no goddamn plot-holes.

Taylor's attack on Alexandria was foreshadowed at least a half-dozen times.

She used bugs in unexpected ways against Lung and Mannequin.

She went for smothering against Triumph and the Wards.

She saw Alexandria suffering against Leviathan, and thus knew Alexandria was susceptible to drowning.

During the confrontation, she played Alexandria like a fiddle. Despite her anger and fear, she never blustered or threatened. She was working to keep total surprise, because that's the only way her attack would work.

The whole time Alexandria was cold-reading Taylor, Taylor was strategizing past her. Remember, Taylor is used to dealing with Tattletale. Taylor danced around her treacherous intent for a good long time, keeping a Thinker 7 (or higher!) in the dark.

It was tremendously unexpected, but the foundation for the sneak attack and cold-blooded murder was well and firmly established.

You're arguing like a kid who keeps saying, "NUH UH, Flash just out-runs it!"
>>
>>93261538
/B^U/ - Words
>>
>entities evolved the ability to tunnel into alternate universes some fucking how
>gather enough mass to exceed the total particles in their original universe
>some fucking how thermodynamics is still an obstacle to them

how
>>
>>93264540
There's a finite amount of universes.
Even Graham's number, a number that required new mathematical laws just to express how large it is (you cannot write it out even with exponent power towers), is nothing before infinity.
There is no boundary between finite and infinite.
And if energy cannot be created, then the heat death is only a matter of time.
>>
>>93232315
I like to think he just has a meta power that makes everyone irrationally afraid of him, and there is no counter to this irrational fear.
Because he makes you a Sleeper and he's a nightmare. And for how frightening nightmares are, they can't actually hurt you.
>>
>>93263084
This is something that really bugs me. Worm is a sandbox, it's a big multiverse with all the tools provided for people to write their own stories, but everyone end up telling some variation of Taylor's story, aka altpower Taylors.

The weaver dice docs, the handbooks with the big list of how threat ratings work... They are all guides provided by wildbow to help people gen their own characters. Yet people keep insisting on writing the same one character, with nonWormy crossover powers (DC comics, endbringer, nasuverse, JoJo, list goes on...) and the worst part is that they don't or can't even write her character correctly, with the right personality. Why????

Out of all the fics with OCs, like Crime and Commitment, Amelia, Dire Worm, Weaver Nine, Agent of Cauldron, Setanta, etc I'd say that out of list of fics that try for something original, the one that best understands the Wormverse as a setting is probably Tabloid.
>>
>>93263802
Not him, but Alexandria being killed by bugs is definitely a plot hole. She can move so fast she can't be seen. As in fast enough to fly around the world in a matter of minutes. I think it was 8. Her skin isn't pliable. It's closer to a statue than flesh. That's all WoG. Couple that with her super strength, any opening on her body that she closes, stays closed. Mouth, eyes, even if she just pinches her nose. No access. Going back to speed, the fastest flying insect is the dragonfly, with has a max speed of around 38 mph. So even accounting for the element of surprise, there's just no believable way for these things to coexist in the story. That Alexandria is crazy fast, hard, and strong, and yet killed by a bunch of slow, soft, and weak bugs.
>>
File: 1495507246609.jpg (89KB, 737x1083px) Image search: [Google]
1495507246609.jpg
89KB, 737x1083px
Thread is still up, I'm proud of you guys. Have a cute Japanese girl who can pierce anything.
>>
>>93222275
Worm is Spinnerette done well
>>
File: 1494974525053.jpg (291KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1494974525053.jpg
291KB, 1280x1440px
The fact that we will never get to see shit like >>93266357 done in anyway that does it justice is genuinely asshurt inducing especially since hbo or some anime company could do it and then make bank because of the capeshit craze sweeping the nation.
>>
>>93266512
>tfw no drawfags or writefags in these threads
>tfw cannot gather a group of Anons to do the entirety of Worm in full webcomic form
>tfw any drawfags or writefags of known quality are with Spacebattles or >reddit
It sucks.
>>
File: 1485868370765.jpg (33KB, 354x308px) Image search: [Google]
1485868370765.jpg
33KB, 354x308px
>>93266357
>pierce anything
do you think she uses a strapon?
>>
>>93266570
>Flechette/Foil = Needle
>Parian = Thread
You bet your ass she does.
>>
>>93266570
do you think she uses her power on the strapon to give it just the right amount of friction
>>
>>93266562
4chan can't compete with all the likes and karma SB and Reddit give to writers and artists. All that feelgood validation feels good when they aren't getting paid for their time and effort.
>>
>>93266716
show me an artist willing to put the time in for a full worm comic and i'll fucking baby him/her like a soccermom does her most recent child, i'll fucking showfer and cut orange slices senpai I NEED MUH VISUALS.
>>
File: 1441300052876.jpg (51KB, 399x582px) Image search: [Google]
1441300052876.jpg
51KB, 399x582px
>>93266716
Artists get plenty of (you)s here though

>>93266776
chauffeur
>>
File: parian_worm_by_linaleez-d9p6vkg.jpg (102KB, 800x915px) Image search: [Google]
parian_worm_by_linaleez-d9p6vkg.jpg
102KB, 800x915px
>>93266357
She can pierce my heart any time
>>
So when do you guys think Wildbow will start uploading Worm 2? This month? Next month?
>>
>>93269211
Fall. The man needs a break
>>
>>93269429
It'll be soon. I think he said that after Twig ended he was going to post some PHO segments up until he was ready to start regularly uploading the story.
>>
>>93269211
at the rate the current twig arc is going ill give him this arce and one more acr on top of it plus an epilogue, so at two chapters a week with around 11 chapters per arc...
like a month and a half to two months, tops
>>
>>93270195
People are also saying that he might take a break to not upload anything and write the first few arcs of Worm 2 in advance, then upload them at the usual pace to give himself some breathing time.
>>
>>93222726
I feel like comic would be wall of text. Taylor is really introspective.
>>
>>93223221
Does worm really need to be R? Other then the endbringer fights it wouldn't really be editing out buckets of gore.
>>
>>93261083
Remember he's just talking about optioning. Like he said, less then 1 out of 100 options even go further. Producers secure a lot of shit and forget about it after, it's very plausible he's gotten this far and just as likely this is as far as he'll ever get since he's obstinante about them not ruining his baby.

>>93261026
Can't find posts, but I remember he definitely didn't want taylor to be played by anybody attractive, or "hollywood ugly"
>>
>>93270761
>Lung getting his balls melted
>Clock getting bugs in his mouth and nose
>Bakuda fucking people up and the bomb effects
>Lung getting his eyes cut out
>Every scene with Dinah and the drugs
>Echidna body horror
>Every single fucking thing about the Nine
>etc.
Come on now
>>
>>93263163
Which as far as anybody knew, was the smart move. Get out of range and hope the bugs stop. She didn't know they'd run on auto.
>>
>>93266351
You are assuming you can keep focused and strategize when you have fucking bugs in your nose, mouth and throat as well as your face and trying to get into your eyes.

Nobody who's not used to that shit is going to keep their cool with a bunch of fucking bugs moving inside them. Especially when your conventionally invincible and this is more uncomfortable then you've been in forever.

Yes, if she'd immediately started going mach 20 at the beginning, she could have blown those bugs in her out, and killed/outran everything else. But she didn't. Because she was covered in fucking bugs. She exhaled, then inhaled, and by then she was fucked.
>>
File: THE TIGHTEST.jpg (42KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
THE TIGHTEST.jpg
42KB, 500x375px
I read this whole fuckin thing because you guys recommended it

WORTH IT

Favorite parts? I liked the high school confrontation when her identity got outed, the when she was basically a super villain Godfather, and the jail break, I wouldve rather she stayed full blown super villain rather than turn herself in, but I guess the story as is wouldnt have worked that way
>>
>>93263163
Couldn't she use super breath like Superman to blow them out?
>>
File: 1494728431844.png (998KB, 1024x924px) Image search: [Google]
1494728431844.png
998KB, 1024x924px
>>93271046
What are your thoughts on the entire ending sequence with Scion and Khepri? And was she right? And when did you notice that "I" became the shard, and "the passenger" became Taylor?
>>
>>93265093
I always liked this theory but Wildman deconfirmed it
>>
File: 1441135282289.jpg (56KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1441135282289.jpg
56KB, 800x600px
>>93271291
>Taylor became the passenger
Not that guy but I didn't notice that
>>
>>93269211
>>93269429
Can't wait for the weekly threads here.
Definetly don't this it'll be happening this year still though. He still has to finish revising Worm. And that seems like it'll take a long time.
>>
>>93271529
Only in the narration. The majority of Speck ends up being from the shard's point of view, while it refers to Taylor as "the passenger" instead. Makes for a nice reread trying to figure out where one ends and the other begins. Speck 30.7 is 100% from the shard's POV I can tell you that much.
>>
>>93271291
The whole thing against Scion was rad, I just preferred the street level shenanigans at the start and middle, and I didnt notice that Taylor/Shard switch, thanks to my shit memory/tendency to miss details I dont remember what you mean by "was she right?", I mean I didnt even realize mocking Scion with the memories of his dead partner/the one thing he actually wanted was essentially a BULLYING CAMPAIGN until like two days after I finished
>>
>>93271529
To anyone who hasn't noticed this, you should all re-read Arc 30
That shit is a masterpiece, and has many distinctive points where you can see Taylor fighting the shard starting to become the shard fighting Taylor, until the eventual full on shard mentality where she becomes a "me vs. them" automatic robot, with social perceptions akin to the flaws in Bitch.
People screaming? must be fighting.
Powers going off? They are killing eachother.
People are crying? Suffering
Getting near me? They want to fight
>>
>>93271679
In every sequence of the story where Taylor is found at her strong points, she manages to use that to bully someone or something to her will without even realizing.
Compartmentalization is a bitch
>>
>>93271716
They only think in terms of conflict don't they?
>>
>>93271793
Yes, which is why most capes are fighting all the time. The depth someone has with their shard influences this. You can pinpoint many times in the story where someone's action wasn't really needed, it could have gone differently and more peacefully, and I'm not even talking about Taylor herself, but the shard forces them into situations where they can exercise the in-conflict use of their power.
Eden shards (cauldron) and Eden triggers (Leet) behave differently, because Eden was too occupied cucking Scion to fine-tune most of her shards with the conflict coding. Dead shards (cauldron) therefore don't get the conflict libido boner, however, the shard will still like the idea of conflict, someone who buys their powers, say, for amusement, if used one day for conflict will begin a downhill spiral that will be hard to get off of. Eden TRIGGERS however are just broken, either the power is missing some of the balancing it needed (most S-class threats, Nilbog, Sleeper, Ashbeast) or they actively, in Leet's case for example, try to kill their hosts.
>>
>>93270889
>it's very plausible he's gotten this far and just as likely this is as far as he'll ever get since he's obstinante about them not ruining his baby.
His baby is only kinda decent, it could do with a little ruining.
>>
File: Glaistig Uaine.jpg (384KB, 993x700px) Image search: [Google]
Glaistig Uaine.jpg
384KB, 993x700px
>>93272024
cont. Also, Andrew Hawke (Vikare) was an Eden trigger. His hard gave him cancer, which Scion cured, another example of broken adaptation.

Ashbeast just wanders the desert, Sleeper keeps himself in a bubble and Nilbog doesn't leave his city unless provoked (which is why its walled off instead of bombed).

No one is certain about Glaistig Uaine.
>>
>>93272292
Best girl
>>
>>93225909
That's what people tell me when they try to get someone into invincible or Valiant, so that doesn't sound promising at all.
>>
>>93270271
Those people are making assumptions.
>>
>>93271044
You don't need to focus to fly away really fast. In fact I would say escaping would be the first fucking reaction, and that at her speeds the wind would rip the rest of the bugs of her. Also remember that the bugs got to her mid-flight. While she was moving in the air, a bunch of slow ass bugs got the jump on one of the physically fastest parahumans on the planet.
>>
>>93271044
Again, the bugs shouldnt even have gotten into her mouth. Bugs are NOT fast. People only think their fast because of their frame of reference. A normal human being could avoid a cloud of bugs (and there is no way you would not spot a cloud of bugs coming towards you, another huge plot hole in worm) Alexandria has super senses, a super mind, and super speed. The only theory that makes sense is that she purposefully killed herself
>>
>>93271046
Completely agree. Taylor works best as a character when Wildbow isn't pretending she's a paragon of virtue and the PRT are an evil bureaucracy
>>
>>93272591
The best thing about Worm is watching a rather mundane person become a vicious crime lord with a rather simple power. The protagonists cheer tenacity is what makes the story IMO
>>
>>93272292
>Ashbeast just wanders the desert
Ashbeast mind was taken over by his shard, he is too stupid to destroy anything with a plan. That's why even in the shit hole that's wormverse Africa they can evacuate if they see him coming
>Sleeper keeps himself in a bubble
All the reality could be a dream of sleeper
>Nilbog doesn't leave his city unless provoked (which is why its walled off instead of bombed).
I think nilbog shard was exceptional that its use was to repopulate a dead planet if the entity ever needed to
>No one is certain about Glaistig Uaine
She was literally a kid that got OP powers, yamada said she agreed to go to the birdcage because she needed order and structure
>>
>>93272292
>>93273183
Parahumans such as Nilbog/Ashbeast/Butcher are meant to be shards that collect tremendous power but not use it. If things in the cycle ever get too peaceful and there's not enough conflict, then they'll become aggressive.
>>
>>93266776
If you can find a high quality artist willing to post as anon (no credit) and draw for free (no money), I will do a rain dance in my underwear, because you just found a motherfucking unicorn.
>>
>>93272957
Taylor following the Leviathan attack is one of the weakest parts of the story, in my opinion.
>>
>>93273278
So, backup Endbringers?
>>
>>93266562
A worm comic would be insanely long, sounds unfeasible desu
>>
>>93273401
Kinda, but you should also note the endbringers in canon are not as how they would operate in the proper cycle. Under Eden, they would make cross country travel difficult, except for routes Eden would approve, in order to maximize conflict. In canon, the endbringers are being controlled by Eidolons shard to kill people in order to make him feel that by fighting them, he is fighting a worthy oponent
>>
>>93273398
Really? Do you mean the Slaughterhouse 9 chapters, or that one Arc in between where they have to go save that chick's sister from the merchants? Cause yeah desu that Arc was pretty lame
>>
>>93272729
They would rip the bugs off her. But not out of her.
>>
>>93273587
Have you ever chocked on something and then kinda punched yourself in the chest do dislodge it? Alexandria can do that with the force of a speeding train. Those bugs are coming out.
>>
>>93273497
I mean her character. After the Leviathan attack the story moves away from a lot of her internal struggles in favor of reducing her motivations and concerns to just Dinah and her territory, and honestly she acts a bit like a retard.
>>
>>93273587
They never should have gotten in her. She was zipping around the city too fast to be seen, her skin isn't pliable, she's super strong, and even if that was a whole swarm of dragonflies, they wouldn't be moving faster than an incredibly shitty car.
>>
>>93273663
Ah yeah true true. Tbh, I liked how up to Arc 21 the whole series seems like Skitter's downward descent into villany, and I thought the book was gonna end with her becoming a real supervillain that the heroes have to take down. Everything past that is just kinda eh desu
>>
>>93273631
Alexandria body is invincible, punching herself wouldn't work
>>
>>93271096
if it was a cartoon she could but people seem to be assuming that Alexandria is literally a comic book character

it anything the only problem with how she dies is that there isn't any indication that her lungs are any more destructible than the rest of her but then she could still choke on webbing
>>
>>93273791
Wouldn't it though? Consider the force going through her body. If she punched herself incredibly hard she would be fine, but the bugs would be pulverized.
>>
>>93273791
Thats precisely why it would work. Punching herself would send a massive jolt through her body, which wouldnt harm her but would make her lungs eject the bugs
>>
>>93273811
>it anything the only problem with how she dies is that there isn't any indication that her lungs are any more destructible than the rest of her but then she could still choke on webbing
And that a bunch of bugs caught up with her and forced their way inside her super strong statue skin.
>>
>>93273789
Well, she does become a real supervillain. The difference is that she turns herself in instead of being taken down.
>>
>>93273908
Eh not really. What does she do? Take out the Fallen? The teeth? If anything, Taylor was a vigilante with some added edginess. Wildbow never made her cross any real lines like I hoped he would.
>>
>>93272919
She didn't get outrun by the bugs, Skitter had hte bugs waiting inside and even then they couldn't attack her until she'd stoped and bugs were able to catch up. And she targetd the nose and mouth directly. Again, by the time Alexandria realized what was happening, she was already fucked.

Gods underestimate mortals. Yes, if Alexandria had been ready, if she'd seen Taylor use this on somebody else and knew it was a tactic she'd try, it'd never have worked. Even just a cloth around her face probably would have given her enough time to defend. But she already had bugs inside her by the time she realized what was happening. Taylor just needed to get a few in, not the swarm.
>>
>>93273746
Reread the chapter. She was indoors in the basement of Wards HQ when it happened. They just had to sneak up on her, not outrun her.
>>
>>93273883
The specifically stopped air from getting into her lungs. They didn't eat her lungs, they drowned her.
>>
>>93273958
>Wildbow never made her cross any real lines like I hoped he would.
She crossed the ultimate line, dude. She freed her Shard, lost her humanity, and kidnapped and body-controlled every parahuman in multiple Earths and multiple realities.
>>
>>93273987
>>93274011
Thats another thing that bothers me. Insects are NOT stealthy. Sure you cant notice a bug or two. Enought bugs to drown a person? Youre gonna hear that from another room. Alexandria literally has a super fast mind, and super sharp senses, to go with her super body. The moment she saw the bugs moving, she would have realized what had happened. And in the next second, Taylor was dead. If alexandria was just a brute cape, then yes, I'd believe it. But her mover and thinker ratings are also crazy high. No bug is going to touch her unless she allows it
>>
>>93274070
Yeah but I meant more like "Fucking over other people for personal profit and ego"
DESU the way Wildbow handled her character growth is much better than anything I'd have thought of, it's just the not the way I'd wanted it to go
>>
>>93274105
Why would you hear it if every bug was intentionally trying to keep as quiet as possible with a human intelligence behind it? Yeah, a real swarm can't be that quiet. This is a supernaturally intelligent hive-mind swarm.

When did it ever say she had enhanced senses? She had fast processing speed, but not super-hearing as far as I know.
>>
>>93273987
>Skitter had hte bugs waiting inside
How did she do that when Kid Win had the anti-bug drones set up? I forget. No, really, I forgot.

>they couldn't attack her until she'd stoped and bugs were able to catch up.
And when they caught up, she could have just taken off again, her speed effectively freeing her from the swarm and any bugs on her.

>And she targetd the nose and mouth directly
I've said this too many times. Alexandria's skin isn't pliable. Literally described as being closer to a statue than flesh. If her mouth is closed, it's closed. No two ways about it. Go ahead and try to shove your finger up your nose and see just how much it has to move for your finger to get even a little ways in there. Unless it was all teeny tiny bugs orderly sneaking their way in, they couldn't get in that way either, because her body wouldn't move in response to them.

And do you have any basis for painting Alexandria as this arrogant moron? She's literally one of the smartest parahumans on the planet, a high grade Thinker. Pretty sure she would have made it a point to be prepared for Taylor.
>>
>>93274193
How would a bug be quiet, even with a human intelligence behind it? Everytime it moves its gonna make some noice no matter what. Add a thousand bugs, thats even more noise.
I could swear there was something about above human senses, but I cant remember where so maybe you're right. Still, even if she doesn't sense the bugs until theyre right next to her, she has fast enough reaction times and is fast enough to avoid them
>>
>>93274011
Hebert should have only been able to get a few bugs in even with super sneaking before Alexandria figured out what was going down and mach 20 her and Skitter a mile above the Atlantic.
>>
Does anyone want to share some personal trigger events? Whether they're real or fake, post in depth traumas to create powers out of.

I would offer mine but I either have no real trauma to recall or they're just really repressed. Thanks Dad.
>>
>>93274253
Not that guy, and I agree with most of the points you said (the whole thing is a huge plothole), but WoG is that Alexandria couldn't get a proper read on Taylor due to her offloading her emotions to her swarm, thus confusing Alexandrias cold reading techniques. Everything else you said, especially about the kid win drones is bang on tho
>>
>>93263802
How Skitter took out lung makes perfect sense
Mannequin was jobbing but that's a part of his character and also makes sense
Smothering would work with most people.
But yeah, you're not getting the drop on Alexandria. She only needs a second to realize wtf is going on when the bugs start approaching her, and as I said, when you can move at mach 40, nothing is touching her.
Worm is better than most capeshit because for the most part it doesnt rely on powers suddenly working completely differently for the benefit for the plot, but in the Alexandria arc they totally did
>>
>be alexandria
>fastest, smartest, strongest, toughest parahuman on the planet
>some uppity bug kid tries to get the drop on me and smother me with a swarm
>use my incredibly fast brain to develop an instant countermeasure
>hover in place, extend arms, spin like a top at mach speed, counterclockwise
>pulverize bugs with the shockwave from breaking the sound barrier with my entire body and disperse the survivors with the gale force winds
>back to interrogation
>>
What was the best power clasifcation? For me it was Thinker, with Masters who can control people (As in, not capes like Bitch or Skitter) a close second
>>
>>93274293
i think the issue with trigger events is that they cant just be awful or traumatizing experiences, they have to be specifically a situation where you feel isolated and trapped, that there is no way out and that there is noone you can rely on.
from the top of my head i can think of two truly horrible moments in my life, one when i found out that my kind and loving grandpa was a pedophile who molested my sister when i was 12, it was horrible but i still had the entire other side of my family to suport me and give me help.

the other circumstance i can think of was last year when i had an unending series of chronic anxiety attacks, each one followed by weeks of depression, paranoia and general sense of disconectedness from reality to the point i was convinced my family wasnt real, or that i was trapped in some sort of truman show reality so you could say i was more or less isolated and i even considered suicide. but the thing is i feel that if you still feel like suicide is an option then you are not sufficiently trapped to have a proper trigger event.

sorry for the blogging
>>
>>93274590
My favorite was tinkers. Lots of potential on a lot of levels.
>>
>>93274610
For the first event, I'd feel like youd have some sort of Master trigger? Like something kinda like what August Prince had, in that people who knew you couldn't harm you or others around you.
For the second one, the fact that it endured for some long leads me to say Tinker. Probably something something that would temporarily solve your problems, but would require you to delve deeper into your shard as time went by
>>
>>93274643
Yeah I do like Tinkers. The only problem with them is that I feel theyd make for bad protagonists, since it would end up being a lot of technobablle i think? But I do like how wildbow finally came up with an explanation for one of the most annoying tropes in superhero stuff
>>
>>93274610
You can feel suicidal and trigger
See skitter
>>
>>93274723
>since it would end up being a lot of technobablle i think?
Eh, kind of. If you look at Kid Win's chapter in the sentinel arc, the technobabble is kept at a minimum while still fleshing out his devices and other things. I suppose you would just have to get the hang of explaining things in a good way without being too in-depth about it. Partly because nobody would want to read it and you would have a hard time trying to explain fictional super-science in a plausible way.
>>
>>93253711

Based on location, I'd probably have been born in Brockton Bay in this reality.

RIP
>>
>>93274590
I really hope the protagonist of Worm 2 is a thinker. It's by far the most interesting power to see in action.
>>
>>93274610
I can think of a few things in my life that would qualify for a trigger event, but the main one actually directly involves suicide. I tried to shoot myself in the head, but couldn't because the firing pin on the revolver was locked. I broke down when the hammer fell and nothing happened. I feel like it would have been a tinker trigger, because I did it out of a sense of worthlessness and inadequacy.
>>
Was there anyone else who wasted their power as much as Valefor did?
>>
>>93274967
What was his power again? I know the name but I don't remember the guy.
>>
>>93275345
Basically hypnosis. He looks at you and can put you under a command. I forget if he needs eye contact.
>>
>>93275377
Oh he's the guy who Taylor shoved maggots in his eyes while he was alive? Yeah now I remember. He does need eye contact for it.
>>
>>93274293
Well, the only time that I think I could trigger would be when I went out with some friends to a party, we were leaving and I went outside for a smoke when 6-8 assholes started to insult me (they were drunk or drugged or both), they were looking for a reaction from me so they could beat the ever loving shit out of me. I stayed calm during that moment but I felt so powerless so impotent because I couldn,t do jack shit if they really wanted to kick the out of me, luckly one of my pals went outside and saw all this and he steped in (the motherfucker is really buff and the cockroaches were a bunch of scrawny fucks) and just like that they got scared and left. And I got fucking angry with myself because I knew that couldn't do anything to defend myself in that moment
(Sorry if something can't be understood, english isn't my first language)
>>
>>93274682
for the second one i can almost image an ability to create incredibly vivid and real illusions that extend to entire situations, as in not only i can make people see things where there are none but i can submerge them in whole fictional situations, say someone is about to shoot me with a gun so i create an illusion where they actually shoot me and i fall dead when in reality they are just staring into space doing nothing and i get to escape
the drawback would be that my illusions can affect me as well and the more i spend keeping them or the more i make them deviate from reality the higher the risk i find myself trapped in them as well so i have to be careful for how much i make them diverge from reality and for how long i keep them going
>>93274782
the thing is that i dont think skitter saw suicide as an actual option, she would have never killed herself because of her dad, so that compounded on her feeling of being trapped
>>93274906
and also because it came from a machine not working
so you would be a tinker that can only work with mechanical and chemical things, no electronics or electricity at all, you can work with clockwork, steam, gunpowder, fuel but no actual electricity

on the one hand is a lot more resilient to emp and hacking but on the other hand all the drawbacks of working with mechanical things
>>
>>93274385
>>93274503
We all know Alexandria jobbing to Skitter is bullshit, but how should it have been done?
>>
>>93275451
Maybe maybe if the moment the bugs fell on her she started laughing to mock skitter? And that gave the bugs a chance to dig in?
Or maybe if Skitter managed to hide her real location, so Alexandria came crashing in looking to kill her and was gone?
>>
>>93274590
Thinkers with Strangers coming in as a close second.
>>
I'm glad you guys having everything work out here. I hope to join you in the conversation after I get a serious ammount read. I'm finally starting today.
>>
>>93274874
Armsmaster and best waifu should be the next protagonists
>>
>>93275843
If I was skitter id never directly get into a cape fight. Id just hang in a nearby building and direct my bugs from there
>>
>>93275997
Yeah but shards don't like it when parahumans try and play it safe.
>>
>>93275975
That honestly makes me wonder what the hell the plot of Worm 2 is gonna be.
-Contessa no longer has any restrictions, since Zion is dead and the endbringers dormant
-Dragon is unchained, and WOG is that an unchained AI can solo the entities
-The Fairy Queen is on the side of the heroes, as is Bonesaw and Nilbog, and theyre even bring capes back from the dead

So like, what threats could even exist, that wouldnt immediatly be godstopmed by any one of them?
>>
>>93276050
Shards only care about getting into conflict to feed them info. If skitter gets into plenty of fights and uses her power creatively, it wont care that shes taking precautions
>>
Who were the strongest capes in brockton bay as of Taylors triggering?
Imo Lung is on top, followed closely by Coil, then Idk, Purity or someone? Or maybe vista or night
>>
>>93244842
El Alrairah has a great premise, but somehow the author manages to make Cauldron boring. It would have been better if he just stuck to thinker taylor fucking up brockton bay
>>
>>93262845
Nearly every hero from MHA would get absolutely destroyed in Worm desu
>>
>>93275451
Her vision is super good? Block her vision, then in she goes. Either carry flash grenades and place them in the corridor while Alexandria is away or blow something up with the bugs.
I don't know why you guys are still at it though, I think it was okay. Alexandria wasn't jobbing, but she wanted definite proof Taylor had attacked her.
>>
>>93276212
Normal people from the MHAverse are already superhuman by Worm standards, anon. Some of the shit Deku pulls off without even using his quirk is fucking crazy.
>>
>>93261538
/glit/ - Good Lit
/flit/ - Fuck Lit
/clit/ - Cracking Lit
>>
>>93276052
A conflict between them, maybe?
>>
>>93276214
I mean, why though? Taylor had commited enough crimes for hear to easily be Birdcaged at that point. They didn't really need to pin anything on her. As for the undersiders attack on the city, Alexandria could literally wreck their shit in half a minute
>>
>>93276256
True, but nearly every quirk is either Brute, Mover, Striker or Blaster in its essence. Their tinkers, from what weve seen, are vastly inferior to Wormverse tinkers. They dont seem to have thinkers, and theres only one master. So although MHA is stronger physically, Worms variety would give them the win
>>
>>93275444
>and also because it came from a machine not working
The actual trigger event itself actually doesn't do very much to inform the power. Taylor didn't get trash or teleporting powers.The things leading up to it and around it are more important. So if it was pure inadequacy that lead to the suicide attempt, then the tinkering specialty would, in broad strokes, be centered around self-augmentation. Not in a cyborg sense, but in a general, self-equipping sense, like Armsmaster and Kid Win. Cutting out any form of electronics is too much, I would say. Instead take the aspect of "gun" and the violent nature of the trigger (suicide attempt that, if successful, would have been incredibly violent) and translate that to "ranged combat". Devices revolve around the tinker equipping themselves with gadgets and tools designed to attack from afar or help one attack from afar and create distance, whether by increasing one's own mobility or hindering someone else's. Drawbacks would be a disadvantage at close quarters, obviously, but since the specialty is fairly broad there should be more, like a need to research concepts or a more limited area of use, like the devices being of little use outside combat or to anyone besides the tinker.
>>
>>93276284
Never knew how much I wanted this desu. Wouldn't contessa utterly destroy the other two though?
>>
>>93276214
Alexandria would most definetly avoid grenades
>>
>>93276052
Khepri
>>
>>93276052
>So like, what threats could even exist, that wouldnt immediatly be godstopmed by any one of them?
Sleeper.
Unstable triggers.
Simurgh.
Abaddon.
Goddess.
Teacher.

Also consider that Contessa is probably done, or would only care about Abaddon. Dragon is also currently in retirement, won't be there from the start.
>>
>>93276052
We return to ground level villainy but in the post Scion status quo?
>>
>>93276052
Dragon!
>>
>>93276445
This is the best option, but Wildbow cant help but to escalate

>>93276421
Khepri is gone, and besides she can be taken out by Contessa

>>93276428
Sleeper is a meme
Teacher is just a lucky idiot who is going to get destroyed by the undersiders
Simurgh is retired
Goddess though thats an interesting idea. Maybe an invasion by earth shin?
>>
File: Caped Baldy.png (756KB, 540x787px) Image search: [Google]
Caped Baldy.png
756KB, 540x787px
>>93276212
Ok if we're doing this.

Saitama in Wormverse. How does this go down.
>>
>>93276524
WoG is that Saitama beats everyone
>>
>>93276524
Wog says that saitama could beat leviathan
>>
>>93276535
Couldn't contessa beat him by like, i dunno, instead of fighting, showing him that hes missing a sale somewhere or something?
>>
>>93276359
>Wouldn't Contessa utterly destroy the other two though?
Not really. Glaistig can pull out a power nullifier or all sorts of other bullshit. The average Dragon mech probably can't be taken out with a handgun no matter how lucky your aim is.
>>
>>93276521
>Teacher is just a lucky idiot who is going to get destroyed by the undersiders
If the Undersiders are protagonists in any way, that would kill Worm 2 for me. Worm is already several books long, and each book is focused on them. It's time to move on.
>Simurgh is retired
Simurgh is up to shit, and would be immune to Dragon because technopath.
>>
>>93276554
That's not beating. That's avoiding the fight you know you can't win .
>>
>>93276572
WoG is that unchained dragon solos entities. Simurgh dont stand a chance
Im not saying theyll be protagonists, but the epilogue made it p clear theyre about to go kick teachers ass

>>93276557
Contessa could probably find a way to kill Glastig before she even realized contessa was after her
>>
>>93276599
She could still social fu him into doing other shit though no? I'm also assuming hes immune to master powers and the like. IF not, someone like Valefor could take him out
>>
>>93276631
There aren't really any masters in his series, or any weird powers for that matter. Pretty much everyone, heroes and monsters alike, is straight up brute/mover. Even the psychics are just telekinetics.
>>
>>93276678
Thats my favorite thign about worm really. The powers that are more complicated than "fly around punching each other" like any of the shit marvel or dc put out
>>
>>93276697
Marvel and DC have plenty of characters with out of the box powers.
>>
>>93276524
>>93276524
wildbow already said it out right
he would have destroyed behemoth in one single punch
from that im sure we can extrapolate that yes, he could indeed take down most things in one single punch.
unless there is a sale that day and cant take care of it, he is very much like scion in that he could solve a lot of problems if he just bothered to show up and go all out.

i could honestly imagine a situation where saitama simply sleeps through the entireity of gold morning and then he wakes up and everything is destroyed and he has no idea of what happened.
khepri saw him for a split second while she was taking over everyone and thought to herself "whatever he is just some bald dude, i dont think i can really use him for much"

i can also imagine a situation where he comes across the undersiders and tattletale take a single glance at him and the proceeds to tell everyone to turn around and walk away with shit hanging from her underwear.
>>
>>93236134
You've clearly never watched or read MHA. I love Worm and MHA but they're very different.
>>
>>93249214
>people cheer him on and he wins because of this
You don't know shit. He was spurred on because the weight of the world is on his shoulders. He needed to see that everyone still saw him as the symbol of peace even at his weakest form. It gave him the strength to push through. He didn't gain some extra power from everyone watching him.
>>
>>93276741
Yeah but how strongly featured are they? For example in marvel everyone is supposed to have a diverse power set, yet again, everything just devolves into "shoot beams, punch hard, fly"
Superhero comics are nothing but trash
>>
Is there anything out there like worm? Superheroes done in a more realistic/gritty style? I tried reading wildbows other stuff but its p boring
>>
>>93223085
Get a Japanese studio to animate it with someone else paring it down and writing it. That way you can keep costs low and get a superior and impressive product.
>>
>>93276913
>Anime
>Impressive
Heh
>>
>>93270969
>>Lung getting his balls melted
Doesn't need to be in the show.
>Clock getting bugs in his mouth and nose
>Bakuda fucking people up and the bomb effects
Perfectly PG13
>Lung getting his eyes cut out
Depends on how you depict it. Could easily be PG13
>Every scene with Dinah and the drugs
PG13
>Echidna body horror
PG13. Worse stuff has been in kids shows.

>Every single fucking thing about the Nine
You can do them PG13 by not showing too much gore. Invader Zim had a kid get his eyes ripped out and replaced with robot eyes and that was Y7.
>>
File: IMG_0440.jpg (186KB, 1024x788px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0440.jpg
186KB, 1024x788px
>>93276524
He kills Lung and is immediately invited to join the Protectorate with probation. Saitama probably joins, stays around long enough that he's benched and encouraged to do everything but attack (so he's effectively an invulnerable speedster who is forbidden from attacking because casualties).

Once Leviathan shows up, these restrictions are removed and Saitama yolosolos. May or may not end up getting killed by an exotic ability later on and will die once scion goes on the attack
>>
File: canary.jpg (161KB, 821x683px) Image search: [Google]
canary.jpg
161KB, 821x683px
>>93276820
Not that anon, but you just described exactly what he talked about
What you are saying is that he basically, against all odds, defeated a much stronger foe on his strongest state, while he himself was at his weakest, beaten down, because the crowd spurred him on
aka "power of friendship" moment, except with more people.

And that's not even talking about the bullshit "oh I can only transform for seconds now"
>Proceeds to stay transformed for long periods of time
BHA is just another garbage shonen to make money out of, don't let yourself be fooled. Remember this three years from now when you are watching that same thing happen again for the 10th time but for a different character on the hottest new story arc that is following the same formula that has existed since before you were even a sperm cell.
>>
>>93222275
Why do we even need an adaptation? Theres no way they could do it without ruining it.
>Live action would be CW tier with taylor being played by some 30 year old
>Animated would be something like the last airbender or some trash like that
>>
File: opm meteoric burst.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
opm meteoric burst.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>93276935
Am I going to have to give you some examples? Show me any modern American cartoon that looks more impressive than this modern anime with a regular TV budget.
>>
>>93277044
I never said cartoons were better than anime. They're both trash. It's just pretty lights and bright colors, mostly aimed at children. If thats what you like its fine, but I wasnt into worm because i wanted to see legend shoot pew pew lasers
>>
>>93277028
>And that's not even talking about the bullshit "oh I can only transform for seconds now"
He was always able to do that.
A "power of friendship" moment is when a character realizes that they have friends so they suddenly manifest some great power and handily defeat their enemy. All Might did not handily defeat All For One. He still used strategy and as a result of him going all out like that he lost his power for good and had to retire. That's not "I have friends so I learned how to control my level 8 bankai fox demon chakra and evolved to the god like super saiyan god super saiyan 22 form." It made perfect since within what was established.
>>
File: 1393134693832.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1393134693832.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>93277106
>Discussion about the best way to adapt Worm
>It should be animated, that way the source material could be best represented
>Dur cartoons all just pretty lights pew pew lasers lol
>>
>>93277139
Yeah, im here because I dont think a worm adaptation is something thats needed. What could you possibly get out of it that you couldnt from the novel itself? Again, if you enjoy that, great, but thats not what made worm good
>>
>>93277110
>he used strategies like punching real hard against the guy with dozens of powers that reinforce him ;^)
Oh okay, I didn't realize All for One was being portraited as mentally retarded to fall for whatever you saw in that chapter as being anything close to "strategy"
>>
>>93277229
>>93277110
>Worm thread
>Discussing MHA
/a/ exists for a reason
>>
File: worm.png (559KB, 707x1131px) Image search: [Google]
worm.png
559KB, 707x1131px
I started about three weeks ago and I just finished the last official chapter before the epilogues.

So...
That's how you treat the one who saved teh world? I mean, quite literally I might as well have put on this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EQzx-OzQmU I quite literally felt a punch in teh gut at that. There is no fucking reason why Contessa had to give the audience a bit of hope in that conversation with Taylor. The wiki states that it may have been the Passenger talking and not Taylor at that point, but the narration gave none of that away, which is why I feel cheated. I hope the damn epilogues cover Tattletale and Panacea's perspective on what happened, but I know I'm probably going to get some gay shit about the Faerie Queen and whispers about Taylor from people who didn't give a shit about her in the first place.

Trust me, I am well beyond the initial "Skitter can do no wrong" fanboyism, it's just that things didn't turn out the way I expected them to, you know? I knew there was a point of no return, but I thought there would have at least been a heart felt good bye and not...that. That just left a bad taste in my mouth.

Also, what is with people actually calling Panacea best girl. She was just a walking pile of faux depression and empty introspection. She had little to atone for or feel poorly about prior to the Glory Hole accident. Fuck if I know why she's "best girl".

If anyone's best girl it's Tattletale, but that's just another opinion in the rough.
>>
>>93277227
>What could you possibly get out of it that you couldnt from the novel itself?
On that note you could ask why things get adapted at all. Its because people like someone's vision and want to express it more broadly. There are things in Worm that would be indeed hard to adapt, but again, that is true for any written fiction, but there are scenes that are simply rich with possible visual cues that would just be satisfying to see unfold before you.
Things like the start of Arc 8, leviathan's arrival, or scenes where Taylor gets sudden support like in the fight against Mannequin or when escaping the school, spark in me this need to see it unfold n an environment where the camera is being controlled and you can see an atmosphere in the scene.

There is also the need of the people who like this to want more people to know about it. I think these threads pop up every now and again because of this, I probably don't have to explain this to anyone. Its just human nature. And visual adaptation reach a broader audience because people are lazy. It says a lot that it is not uncommon for readers of Worm to be past readers of something of epic proportions like Homestuck, SoIaF, Time Wheel etc
>>
>>93273278
>Butcher wasn't meant to be used unless hippies took over they cycle
lol, talk about a malfunction, almost every Butcher was a trigger-happy socio/psychopath.
>>
>>93277337
The epilogue might change your mind on some of that

>but the narration gave none of that away
I thought it was self evident
>>
>>93276552
and behemoth.

probably simurgh, as well, but at what cost?
>>
>>93277405
...what cost? Simurghs telepathy depends on TK. I doubt shed be able to effect Saitama
>>
>>93277337
>but the narration gave none of that away, which is why I feel cheated.
That because you are reading passanger narration.
Its supposed to be pretty obvious by 30.7 that she is full on "conflict-libido-mode". No one was fighting if you didn't notice. They were all commemorating. Taylor was not there anymore. We were talking earlier, but Arc 30 was structured in a way (that I suggest you re-read) that makes the passenger (Khepri, Queen Administrator) and Taylor switch sides as the arc goes on, the shard eventually referring to the remnants of a mind with self-volition inside it its passenger, its right about when the anchors turn into a point of reference rather than something solid, when places and people become just "something that was important for some reason I don't remember anymore, but I gotta keep my ties to it".

Also, don't make final thoughts on a story if you haven't finished reading it yet.
Worth to note that after it was all over, Taylor wasn't there anymore. Contessa's conversation with her, is also highly implied on the text, didn't happen with common language. Remember that Taylor couldn't speak? Remember that Contessa never actually learned to talk a single language, she just PoV'd her speech. Contessa was doing shard speak, we just never see what that is, probably gestures, sounds, intonations, ideas and concepts ("Trajectory. Agreement.")
Contessa was checking to see if there was anything there to save anymore or if it was simply a conflict making machine. If it was, you wouldn't want that running around. After all, she just needed two capes to begin her way into controlling almost the entire multi verse of parahumans.
>>
>>93277227
It's not hard to see why someone would want to see a superhero story in visual form.
>>
>>93277538
...that's entirely possible. hrm.

well, at least Scion and Abaddon should prove a slight challenge.
>>
>>93277371
You could. Adaptations are stupid if youre not adding anything new or have a smart vision (See films like Children of men for an adaptation done right)
Again, I realize im in the minority, but I wasnt aware so many people read worm for the "visuals" so to speak
>>
>>93276349
Or maybe a specialization in ranged weapons modified to work better in close-range? Would fit the background, but also getting in close-range with ranged weapons is also a suicidal thing, which is icing on the cake.
>>
>>93277538
Simurgh has telepathy AND telekinesis, those are separate things.
Saitama is indeed immune to TK, because its basically force applying to certain spots and areas, and Saitama isn't affected by that to any known limit. Have we seen anyone attempt to mess directly with his mind though? I'm sure Simmy could pop up some memories into his head to make him be controlable in that unique Simurgh way.
>>
>>93277577
Why?
People demanding bland adaptations are the reason Hollywood wont stop pumping out god awful capeshit movies
>>
Remainder that Khepri did literally NOTHING to stop Scion. Tattletale came up with the idea for bullying him, and they were managing just fine bullying him after doormakers juice ran out
>>
>>93277337
Thank you. Panacea is such a goddamn annoying, self righteous character but it seems like the fandom loves her? She literally broke the endbringer truce, mindwashed and tortured a major hero, and yet has the audacity to hate tattletale for saying some mean words

Tattletale really is a great character tho
>>
>>93277694
Biggest tinker machine would have never been built. People from all around the multiple Earths would have never come together to similar places as to form enough of an impact on him. Khepri didn't do the fine steps, but she was definitely the carry.
Again, she is the Administrator.
>>
>>93277401
>>93277574
You guys are correct. I do remember there was a complete shift when Taylor forgot faces, lost names, and lost the ability to refer to her anchors.

I also forgot that Contessa did not speak per se. But, in my defense, I do remember a conversation between Contessa and Taylor in New Delhi.

I will five the epilogues a slow read through so I can find the closure I'm looking for here.

It just grinds me the wrong way that there wasn't a power trumper or any tinker or thinker tricks that could have disabled Khepri and allowed Bonesaw and Panacea to try their damnedest to pay back the person who guaranteed the survival of humanity. I understand that Bonesaw said a reversal would have been extremely difficult, but the fact that there was no attempt made is suspect. But, like you all said, there is more in the Epilogues.

I'll save my opinion until then.
>>
>>93277733
I'd totally forgotten about that tinker machine. God, what an ass pull. They should have just made sting be the weapon that kills scion, or foreshadowed the machine somehow
>>
>>93276428
>>93276521
Who was Goddess again?
And what was the deal with the Blasphemies? They were described as almost a class-S thread if not one outright, and that they're not human or something? The fuck was that about?

>>93276867
People mention Astro City and Indivisible.
>>
>>93277768
Khepri deserved to die though. She was one of the most evil capes there was
>>
>>93277337
>Also, what is with people actually calling Panacea best girl.
When the fuck did anybody do that?
>>
>>93277796
Maybe a projection like the siberian?
Goddess is the blue woman Khepri has problems taking over. WoG is that shes taken control over all of Earth Shin, and has a royal court of parahumans that serve under her
>>
>>93277840
Go read any worm fanfiction. In 9/10 of them, Panacea is this misunderstood girls who becomes BFFs with taylor and they take over the city and fight against the oh so unreasonable protectorate.
Worm is pretty great lol but the fandom is trash
>>
>>93277652
And... that's why we don't want it to be hollywood
>>
>>93277872
>fanfiction
I think I found your problem.
>>
>>93277878
Tell me what are these great animated shows ive been missing out on. Most people grow out of watching cartoons just fyi
>>
>>93277841
Oh yeah that random bitch. Wasn't there something like that in one of the Endbringer reports right after the timeskip? WOMAN IN BLUE and UNITED CAPES, was it?
>>
>>93277821
Are you trolling me or is there more in the epilogue that shows the whole little "Must Kill Scion" narration was essentially propaganda. Because, the way I see it, Taylor stepped up (for wholly selfish reasons based around her incessant need for control that is inspired by her shard, her villain behavior, and natural introversion) and sacrificed herself to force everyone together for the purpose of toppling a multiverse consuming monster. She wore it down, frustrated it, and then bullied it to death. Hell, in the end, she even stopped the Faerie Queen from saving Scion.

>evil
No
>incredibly screwed up, deluded, and power hungry
Absolutely

Again, I'm probably going to end up falling on the side of "Khepri had to die", but I really do hope that Taylor has a few statues built and a Ward HQ or two named after her. She did good in the end...I hope.
>>
File: ?.gif (737KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
?.gif
737KB, 200x250px
>>93277945
Leave this board
>>
That whole part she joins the wards is so fucking boring. I dont understand what the purpose of that was.
>>
>>93277988
No
All Khepri did was get capes killed. It was Tattletale who figured out how to beat scion, and the collected capes who managed to bully him to death. Khepri was just an order obsessed proto-entity. The only thing Khepri did was build that ridiculous Scion killer machine, which again, is a massive asspull to make her look good
>>
>>93278011
I didn't like it either but I thought a lot of the ward capes were pretty cool.
>>
File: Taylor Hebert.jpg (65KB, 600x751px) Image search: [Google]
Taylor Hebert.jpg
65KB, 600x751px
>>93277945
>Most people grow out of watching cartoons just fyi
>he says this while posting on 4chan, specifically the Comics & CARTOONS board
>>
>>93277992
Tbh im only here because I saw a worm thread, and those nearly dont exist on 4chan. I really dont like superhero shit at all, it seems juvenile. Worm is the only thing in this genre that I've enjoyed, I'd love to find more
>>
>>93277768
>But, in my defense, I do remember a conversation between Contessa and Taylor in New Delhi.
PoV'd to scare them the most. Contessa probably did learn english eventually, maybe she didn't even need PoV to say a couple sentences, but when she begun with Doctor Mother, she didn't speak a word of english, or any other language really.

>>93277794
>foreshadowed the machine somehow
Tinkers ARE asspulls anon, that their entire power. Their minds literally fish for alien technology and they try to build it. Worth noting that the machine didn't work at first. They needed Stinger to open the path for it. You've got literal World-destroying tinker powers, infinite energy-sources, capes that can compact technology, reinforce it, make it self-adaptive, of course its going to sound bullshit when you apply mind control to all hundreds of these to do a single unified project that is fishing out the most destructive possible tech they can find. It says a lot that it had to be this scale to make an impact. Just Stinger as is, dulled down to be used by a human, wouldn't do.
>>
>>93278079
Now that's nice Taylor art.
>>
>>93278011
Dinah hinted that if Taylor turned herself in, more people would survive.
>>
>>93278079
Im only here because worm threads get deleted on /lit/. If you know any cartoons on tier with worm, id love to be proven wrong
>>
>>93278075
I liked Golem and probably could have warmed up to the rest of the team but they didn't get nearly the time or right mix of lighter and darker situations to make them match up to the Undersiders.

In my opinion the whole back half needs a major rewrite because Golem and marketing dude aside none of the newer characters managed to grab me.
>>
>>93278011
Probably a checkbox Wildblow wanted to tick for Taylor's arc.

'Weaver teaches kids about drugs and villainy' was okay though

>>93278079
2anime2villain
>>
>>93278065
>and the collected capes who managed to bully him to death
Khepri did that. Khepri also forced Tinkers to work together to make the entity killing laser.
>>
>>93278098
Have you actually read or watched any "superhero shit"?
>>
>>93278065
So, the Shard essentially lied to the reader when the Doormaker collapsed and it had the inspired idea to collect the parahumans it had overlooked to make faces at Scion until broke down.

So, I do have to read the prologues, and that means that I don't have all the information. Also, I will give you a points on that TT theory (probably fact that I will learn in the next hour) because they did try to do it with Bastard while Taylor was having her Khepri apotheosis.
>>
>>93278156
Was nice to read Hoyden soloing Scion briefly in Speck. This is the girl from Texas who can blow up things she touches, generate spontaneous explosions at will, and is immune to self-explosions, soloing fucking Scion. Granted it was under Khepri control but it was still nice to see something cool happen like that. The text even described how she was scared out of her fucking mind doing it.
>>
>>93278137
Yeah, but, why was that needed? From a literary perspective I mean

>>93278104
Scion and Eden wouldnt allow shards into the cycle that would harm them. Tinker shards are especially designed to be handed out. Ergo, no tinker shard could ever hurt the entities.
>>
>>93278201
IVe read a ton of comics, never found one i liked (save for watchmen). Seen pretty much every capeshit movie, havent liked any besides batman begins
>>
>>93277841
>>93277962
>>93277796
Probably Simurgh or some such trying to make projects to open a hole to her dimension. PRT Quest shows that Earth Bet was well aware of her, and wanted to keep everyone as further away as possible. Endbringer attacks targetting her were probably related to things that could eventually lead BACK to her.

>>93277841
Blasphemies are not human and if one is alive, they all come back, not known if immediate or eventually. Probably a creation of some sort. Apparently their presence is important enough that they were invited to the meeting. Who knows where they fucked off to afterwards though. Everything is just guesses. Says a lot that Khepri didn't even mention them when looking for capes. Because they aren't capes.

>>93278065
You are so wrong its not even funny.
No Khepri and there would not be enough capes around to do as much impact to Scion as possible. He blows up Bastard, changers take too long to realize the orders, Scion doesn't get shown Oliver's face, so he doesn't have a mental collapse. Read the whole book again, you didn't get anything.
>>
>>93278163
She lost control of the tinkers, but defiant finished the job without getting kephri'd. World best tinker
>>
>>93278322
>PRT Quest
What? I only read Worm. You telling me there's canon supplementary material I've never heard of? Where?
>>
>>93278322
Lmao, how do you konw what would have happened without Khepri? Maybe she wouldnt have gotten a shitload of capes killed, and the defenders would have had a chance to think up of a way to kill him without having so many die?
Sorry I insulted your waifu tho lol dont be mad tho
>>
>>93278231
>Ergo, no tinker shard could ever hurt the entities.
You are contradicting yourself. What about Stinger then? Didn't you just suggest that it should have been just Stinger to kill them?
You do remember that they are reduced to an infinitesimal size when mid-cycle right? That they are vulnerable, the entire reason why they isolate their real bodies and try to leave no connection to it and the Earths currently in use, yes? They cannot input all the immunities to all the possible powers they have developed and ever come across, they can only fine-tune them to avoid doing that, they then optimize what they can to avoid having contact because, YES, they CAN be damaged by their own powers, that's the WHOLE reason why they isolate themselves AT ALL. They bother spending that energy because its the most efficient way to avoid problems, it is NOT fail-proof. Not with a dead entity. Not with an interrupted cycle.
>>
>>93276913
Anon here, the one your replied to, that's actually a good addition to what I'd like to see, & you've clearly made some good points. It's great to see others would rather an animated adaption like me.
>>
>>93278231
I think Wildbow figured there was nothing left for Taylor in Brockton Bay, so turning herself in and being transferred to another city was the best way to get the story moving again.
>>
File: Khepri is the shirt.jpg (26KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
Khepri is the shirt.jpg
26KB, 500x350px
>>93278418
>>93278395
>>93278163
>>93278322
>>93278065

>Khepri is the shirt
>Parahumans are the shit birds in it
That's how I read the final chapters.
>>
>>93278418
MAYBE. Not likely. But the fact is you're entirely downplaying Khepri's impact in beating Scion. You're straight up wrong bro.
>>
>>93278451
I honestly wondered why they hand out stinger at all. What more could they get out of it?
Also what tinkers are participating in this?
We already know Dragon is as strong as every other tinker put together, as she can incorporate their tech and mass produce it (Thanks to masamune), yet she did fuck all to Scion. Yet another plot inconsistency

I'd also like to remind people that the only reason they were able to beat zion is because he let them kill him. Thats the best part about the ending, how khepri basically bullied him to death
>>
>>93278512
Again, yes Khepri played a part. But so did Tattletale, Defiant, Bitch, and even fucking Olivier. You dont see anyone saying "OMG tattletale beat Zion!!!1!one"
>>
This thread broke the bump limit... What now?
>>
>>93278530
>Yet another plot inconsistency
Dragon was out during Golden Morning.
You have clearly not read the same book I did. Its not even clashing opinions at this point
>>
Are there any worthwhile Worm fanfictions?
>>
>>93278587
Like I said, glad you guys enjoyed the thread, sad I haven't gone far enough to discuss.
>>
>>93278574
>Defiant, Bitch, and even fucking Olivier
Khepri was controlling everyone. The tinkers wouldn't have even started working together if she hadn't set them up to and took control of them again as soon as she got GU. And the only thing Oliver did was under Khepri's control. She did literally fucking everything.
>You dont see anyone saying "OMG tattletale beat Zion!!!1!one"
Because Tattletale wasn't using everybody as an extra set of arms.
>>
>>93278605
? Dragon was rebooted by Teacher with restrictions in place to not oppose him. She was completely free to go after Zion, but didn't. I don't really see what you're getting out of defending such a major asspull. Even if it supposedly works in universe, its still lazy writing.
>>
>>93278587
Worm Web Serial Adaptation Talk #2
copy paste the OP.

>>93278628
Thanks for making this btw

>>93278409
Holy shit dude, yes, so much material.
You can start from here, for example,
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/worm-quotes-and-wog-repository.294448/
>>
>>93278660
She was literally not in control of Defiant or Tattletale, its literally explicitly written in the text.
>>
>>93278610
Cenotaph and Weaver Nine are the most famous ones IIRC
>>
>>93278610
Cenotaph and the Memorials Trilogy
Tabloid
Weaver Nine
Dire Worm

These are the fics that best tell a story that fits the Wormverse. And the characters aren't retarded, but are clever without being Sue-ish or woobies who just need love.
>>
>>93278628
Im not a /co/ regular, but worm threads are banned in /lit/ I think, so thank you for making this
>>
>>93271603
>Definetly don't this it'll be happening this year still though. He still has to finish revising Worm. And that seems like it'll take a long time.
Wildbow doesn't take hiatuses. There hasn't been a significant break in updates since the beginning of Worm, not even between adventures. I think he'd sooner start Worm 2 before he was finished revising than wait. He did say he was planning on doing some PHO updates after Twig (which has one more arc in it at best) but I don't think it's going to take him six months to get to Worm 2.
>>
>>93278673
That you are a really contradicting selectively nitpicker is what I'm getting
>>
>>93278706
She did control Defiant. She controlled everybody except Tattletale.
>>
>>93278730
>>93278734

Thanks guys, I'll check them out. All the others one are seen are just "Taylor gets X Power"
>>
>>93278774
And you're a butthurt fanboy. I'm sorry I noticed a plothole in your favorite book
>>93278781
She put Defiant on something like "automatic" mode. Do you think if she hadn't been in control of him he would have just thrown up his hands and said "well fuck fighting zion"?
>>
>>93278816
Oh there are a lot of problems in Worm. You just didn't remember to point out any valid ones.
>>
>>93278785
I hate them too, which is why none of them are altpower Taylor. They are Taylor with her original bug power, or original characters who are clever and inventive with powers in a way that fits Worm. No Panacea tier retardation, because it literally hurts to read.
>>
>>93278844
>No Panacea tier retardation
When people talk about Panacea fanfiction ,are we talking about the one where she goes on a rape-muder rampage?
>>
>>93278689
>>93278745
Huh, no, I didn't make it. I was just there when the shit storms happened & wanted to defend you guys. In fact I had been thinking of making a thread like this & how it should be adapted just for you guys but OP beat me to the punch. I'm just glad you guys didn't get moved & actually had a comfy thread with no shit storm. Seeing how everyone else acts was dumb as fuck & I literally questioned why they didn't just hide the thread.
>>
>>93278835
Lmao
I'd actually like to know what other criticisms people have of worm. DESU the machine thing isn't that big of a deal, id just like to have had it done differently
>>
>>93278816
Do you think Defiant would have spontaneously gathered all his tinker friends on his own?
>>
>>93278867
Well, mostly comfy.
>>
>>93278863
Is that a thing? Every panacea fic ive seen are the ones where she's a perfect being and anyone who criticizes her is bad etc etc
>>
File: Doctor Dire.png (343KB, 577x800px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor Dire.png
343KB, 577x800px
>>93278734
>Dire Worm
cannot recommend this enough desu
>>
>>93278890
If you want me to take you seriously for the first time since I saw your arguments, we could talk about how shitty and useless Arc 10 is
And how Wildbow already said he is probably completely changing it
>>
>>93277639
THe Simurgh doesn't have telepathy. It uses direct manipulation of neural impulses via telekinesis to simulate the effect. It might seem like splitting hairs, but the distinction is important.

What the Simurgh CAN do is manipulate people and objects around him to guide his fate in a direction it finds ideal.
>>
If anyone makes a new thread, can you post the link itt?

You should probably keep the header image/op text the same because this seemed to have kept us from being moved to /lit/.
>>
>>93278934
Really? I didn't realise it was so disliked. I guess its a bit of a boring arc, and kinda weirdly placed, stuck between Leviathan and the S9, but i dont see how its any worse or better than any of the random street level arcs
>>
>>93278863
No, depressed woobie Panacea who won't fix brains and won't explain why, who won't take requests, and works at a hospital in a stew of self pity that she cooked herself. And the only way to fix her is with lesbian loving. This is the retardation I'm talking about.
>>
>>93276052
I have a sneaking suspicion that it's going to be a prequel and none of the questions are going to get resolved.
>>
>>93278689
I'll check that link out. Thank you.
Also got any more pics like that?
>>
>>93278989
The guys doing the podcast pointed out for everyone not aware of it yet, but they went into the PRT to steal data. For that they made Regent manipulate Shadowstalker, capture the entirety of the Undersiders, and then what? Why not stop at SS? What exactly were they planning if they didn't get found out? Get put in Dragon surveyed cells and then...?
Basically, that fight sequence was VERY unnecessary, Can't be bothered to find Wildbow's word on it right now, but basically, he pointed out some other ideas he might pick to replace that.
>>
>>93279038
All I want are cool powers interacting. It honestly doesnt have to be a real sequel, can just be another superhero story
>>
New thread when? This is the type of Worm thread we needed on /co/ all along.
>>
>>93279111
I thought that they were gonna attack the Wards once they were inside.
Unrelated, but I really fucking liked the wards as characters and as heroes.
>>
>>93279116
Then let's have one about the world the Super Hero in Blue and the Gavel copy cat was snatched from. Their world featured parahumans ruling over a peaceful society. Let's read how we got there.
>>
>>93278928
Have you read 'The Dire Saga'?
>>
>>93279150
Yeah thank god for this. Theres a subreddit for Worm, but the only thing its got going for it is that Wildbow comments pretty frequently
>>
>>93279168
>Their world featured parahumans ruling over a peaceful society
If that's what you call being controlled by superhuman despots. That world is actually based on a proto-Worm story Wildbow had started on.
>>
>>93279028
You forgot how her mother goes out of her way to hate her.

But really its surprising how they get basic facts about the characters wrong. Like how every single fic forgets that Sophia laid off the bullying for a few months after joining the Wards and that Taylor gave up on getting any help from anyone, so we get this stupid thing where apparently the Principle, or sometimes even the PRT itself has gone out of their way to protect Sophia.

Or how Parian always gets portrayed as being super into fashion and runs her own clothing shop even though she's still in college and really isn't into fashion.
Hell, I've seen people argue that Faultline's crew don't count as villains, based solely on the fact that they're mercs.
>>
>>93279168
I wouldnt want a prequel, but a parahuman ruled world? Where parahumans rule over normal humans, and are given special privileges? Kinda like House of M? But more in depth
>>
>>93279185
And if you criticize Worm, there's a good chance you get downboated and everyone jumps down your throat.
>>
>>93279185
Also
>Reddit>>93279210
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>93279238
>>93279210
Shit, sorry about that
>>
File: aqPyCZQ.png (607KB, 695x871px) Image search: [Google]
aqPyCZQ.png
607KB, 695x871px
>>93279094
Yes. An entire folder of Worm images might I add
Those are from the guy who did a self-print. He goes by dewwwey if you want to check out his posts that include links to guides on how to print your own books.
His version looks fucking awesome though.
Too bad the story isn't in its final state yet, or else I might do the same.

https://imgur.com/a/m9jBc
https://imgur.com/a/YrUcd
https://imgur.com/a/MZVhX
>>
>>93279231
So true. I spent so much time sperging on this thread complaining about everything because if you try that over there, people will be like "thats just how shards work hurr durr". Had to get it out of my system
>>
>>93279295
Saving that shit, thanks dude.

I can only imagine WIldbow himself walking into one of our threads to take questions. How crazy would that be huh?
>>
>>93278928
>female Doom
I'm sold, reading now
>>
>>93278150
>If you know any cartoons on tier with worm, id love to be proven wrong
fate/zero
>>
>>93279375
Whats it about?
>>
>>93278734
Links?
>>
>>93279261
When this one goes away.
Do not evoke the autists by creating two threads at the same time.

Also, suggestion for the OP:
Same Image
Subject: Worm Web Serial Adaptation Talk #2
Body: What are /co/'s thoughts on a Worm adaptation? What's the best way to cut down the monster serial known as Worm and capture the essence of it in another format?

>Comic book series VS. television series? Animated VS. live action?

For the unaware, Worm is a cape story that deconstructs many superhero universe and superpower tropes, and is known for the wide range and intelligent use of its powers. Also, local girl with shit powers manages to ruin everything. The full text of Worm can be accessed for free here:
>https://parahumans.wordpress.com/
>>
>>93279473
I'llsave a copy & leave it until the thread ends then make the thread for you guys.
>>
>>93279473
Making a second thread right now.

DONT FUCK IT UP AND MULTI-POST.
>>
>>93279462
Its 2017, just google it my dude. Probably all of them have AO3 or SB Forum links
>>
>>93279473
>local girl with shit powers manages to ruin everything

Talk shit about Taylor some more and I'll fucking bop you.
>>
>>93279549
Okay. Never mind. Wait till the thread dies before you start it up though.
>>
File: aKlfrZZ.jpg (162KB, 704x1041px) Image search: [Google]
aKlfrZZ.jpg
162KB, 704x1041px
>>93279598
Meh, I can take her
>>
>>93279617
Its kinda funny that that phrase became a meme yet when he puts it in the story, the character who said it really could take her.
>>
>>93279617
>>93279648
>tfw Jack Slash said that word for fucking word
That's when I knew he was done.
>>
Why do people in the story pretend as if skitter is weak? Few powers have as few restrictions as her. Being able to see and hear through her bugs give should give her a thinker rating of 5 minimum.
>>
>>93279462
These are all on Spacebattles, but some have more reader friendly versions posted elsewhere. Spacebattles has reader comments if you care to read them.

Cenotaph
http://archiveofourown.org/works/1152749/chapters/2337442

Tabloid
http://archiveofourown.org/works/8603173/chapters/19729273

Weaver Nine
http://archiveofourown.org/works/2776352/chapters/6226538

Dire Worm
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/dire-worm-worm-au-oc.300816/
>>
>>93279668
>>93279648
He's right tho, Jack Slash beats skitter
>>
>>93279408
it's an adaptation of a novel in the Fate franchise and written by gen urobuchi
it tells the story of the 4th holy grail war in which powerful mages summon mythological persons to fight each other for control of the city
it's dark as fuck and features a lot grey morality and ideological conflicts similar to worm
>>
>>93279686
It takes her a long while to learn how to do that shit. And by the time she does learn that shit, people are already taking her seriously.
>>
>>93279686
A well placed fist can end her career. That's why.

She makes up for it by being a fairly competent tactician and utilizing her group to the fullest extent of their synergy potential.
>>
>>93279686
She didn't have all her upgrades in they start of the story, she only started getting them after throwing herself into conflict and either learned tricks to survive, or her shard rewarded her with breadth and depth.

Also her first opponent was a pyrokinetic, and she's weak to fire. First impressions, man.
>>
>>93279686
Nobody does though. Of course they do in the beginning but not after she starts really fucking shit up.
>>
>>93279686
They don't know her restrictions, there are a lot of weak/badly-used powers around that we see every now and again, Browbeat doesn't even get to ACT for example, and just gtfo's of the hero life because of it.
When you have entire groups of people who have powers like fire manipulation or when you have a protective shield around you, you easily forget what "control over bugs" could imply. Until she gets reputation. Then the VILLAINS underestimate her because it gets out that she was bullied, and a villain with a bullying background seriously doesn't sound threatening at all
>>
File: IMG_0462.png (22KB, 1207x1053px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0462.png
22KB, 1207x1053px
Thread is up

>>93279723

[trajectory]

[agreement]
>>
Question: If you got a power, and decided to never use it at all, what would happen? Would it try to kill you ala Leet? But how could it if it can't fuck with your powers if you're not using them
>>
>>93279726
Isn't the entirety of the Fate series also an excuse to have lots of porn? All I know about it is that there's a lot of porn, a lot of egregious anime bullshit, lots of translation wrecks, and some grey-haired smug guy wearing red.
>>
>>93279920
Well the original work was a visual novel but the franchise as a whole has kind of moved away from that. Even the original VN was more "plot with porn" than "porn with plot". There's still some adult themes in F/Z but nothing pornographic.
>>
File: Doctor Dire 1.jpg (973KB, 3126x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor Dire 1.jpg
973KB, 3126x2000px
>>93279173
No, I found Dire Worm a short while ago, I'm saving my shekels to buy the first book now though.
>>
>>93279897
Parahumans that don't use their powers go stir-crazy. It's assumed that Nilbog tried to hide/not use his powers until he snapped, then he subsumed an entire town in days and fought off PRT/Protectorate retaliation in a such a way that the Government decided it was better to wall him off than try to hunt and kill him.
Thread posts: 583
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.