[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could a Kingdom Hearts cartoon work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0557.png (363KB, 350x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0557.png
363KB, 350x445px
Could a Kingdom Hearts cartoon work?
>>
File: 200px-Master's_Defender_KHBBSFM.png (24KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Master's_Defender_KHBBSFM.png
24KB, 200x200px
Theoretically it could if they stuck to the simpler plot points of the original.
>>
File: 1468740295297.png (162KB, 466x299px) Image search: [Google]
1468740295297.png
162KB, 466x299px
>>93221128
With how crazy the plot has become over the years, probably not.
>>
>>93221207
Making a cartoon at this point in the franchise could theoretically allow the writers to make the plot more cohesive and understandable, though.
>>
There was gonna be one but Disney didn't want inconsistency doing two stories
>>
>>93221207
>>93221224
The Japs aren't even trying to make it cohesive
>>
File: 1481588410998.png (110KB, 527x463px) Image search: [Google]
1481588410998.png
110KB, 527x463px
>>93221128
There was. it was called House of Mouse, and it got a movie too, called House of Villains.
>>
Entirely too gay. Dude runs around for seventeen games crying out for his older taller dude friend, occasionally remembers that he's missing that girl he used to know as well.

"Riku!"

Dude, you're gay as fuck.
>>
>>93221207
Well then it would definitely work as an anime.
>>
The anime characters will look even worse and Disney can't afford to pay for all the A list voices on a cartoon.
>>
>>93221829
he should be a relatable main character for you, then
>>
>>93221128
well I know the fans would lap it up. There are a lot of them. Problem the voice actors would be replaces since the originals are so expensive.
>>
>>93221128
Yes. All it needs is an animesque art style and for the first season to focus on the foretellers.

A lot of the confusion about KH's plot comes from the fact that the prequels added a lot of information and they were released after the main games.

Season 1- Foretellers
Season 2- BBS
Season 3- KH 1
Season 4- 358 1/2 Days and CoM
Season 5- KH 2
Season 6- DDD
Season 7- KH 3

Have a few episodes each season about Aqua's journey in the Realm of Darkness in seasons 3-6 and everything is good.
>>
>>93222961
Releasing a story of kingdom hearts chronologically is such a terrible idea god damn.

The prequels rely on information from the games that came before it.

Also starting with a season on characters that the overarching story is not about is such a terrible idea I really hope I don't need to go into detail.

I say KH1 -> CoM/Days ->KH2 -> BBS -> DDD -> KH3

Relevant Foretellers stuff can be tossed throughout the story as like story time episodes.
>>
File: 1497301000809.gif (620KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
1497301000809.gif
620KB, 500x283px
>>93223229
This is actually a really good idea
>>
>>93221128
Is Kingdom Hearts 3 getting its own theme song or will it be Simple and Clean/Sanctuary again?
>>
>>93221128
a mix of anime and western animation would work best imo.
>>
>>93221128
Wasn't there going to be one?
>>
>>93221829
Kairi is one of the worst parts of Kingdom Hearts. Not only is she the most uninteresting boring bint in the series, but even before formally getting training to fight so she can pretend to be competent she was already calling Sora useless.

Excuse me bitch? You don't get to joke about being worthless. Not when even your goddamn clone who doesn't know how to fight is more useful than you. It really feels like Kairi is going to be one of those very annoying:

"So much better than you Mr. Protagonist"

Type of twat characters in KH3. And it will KILL Kingdom Hearts to have Sora just take her shit.
>>
>>93224853
What? The only thing she did was call Sora a lazy bum during the first few minutes of the first game because he was sleeping on the beach instead of working on the raft. She's never had a bad word to say about him since.
>>
File: DHbrtGv_.jpg (34KB, 473x473px) Image search: [Google]
DHbrtGv_.jpg
34KB, 473x473px
>>93224853
This is why Namine is the best girl between them. At least she's useful and you can actually feel something for her in Chain of Memories. Sora and Kairi's romance seems forced as fuck and you don't even know why they like each other.
>>
>>93221247
They're trying to stuff as many cool bossfights in as possible that complement the gameplay.
>>
>>93224967
>Sora and Kairi's romance

They're just friends. Sora has never displayed any romantic interest in Kairi. He seems to have a crush on her in KH1, but he replaces that with thirst for Riku's cock in every game after Chain of Memories.

>"Kairi is Sora's most important memory!"
>no Data Kairi in Re:Coded
>Sora spends every other game thinking about Riku
>>
>>93224948
Who is she to call Sora lazy? In the whole series we've never had Sora go "Nah not feeling like doing something cause it's too troublesome." The insult seems out of line for her (and for Riku who also used it).

Secondly, Kairi called Sora "hopeless" without her and Riku. I can buy Riku because Riku factually is Sora's most trusted friend who's there for the boy. But Kairi? How is Sora hopeless without Kairi? She's useless and please don't say the whole she saved him from being a Heartless shit. The only reason Sora even transformed into a Heartless was to release Kairi's heart. If her heart didn't fester inside him like a parasite? The boy would have never needed to essentially reduce himself to a shadow monster. That is more Kairi's fault.

And also don't say "she got Sora out of the realm of darkness" since Riku is the smart character of the series I'll believe it wasn't Kairi's dumb letter but Sora's Heart that opened that Door to Light as he explained in KH2's ending.

So Kairi is shit at the end of the day. And she's on the verge of becoming more obnoxious. And I cannot believe how many idiots say:

"I want to waste new Disney Worlds we've never seen by playing as Kairi! Yeah let's waste Square Enix's resources to play as this uninteresting bitch because somehow I got a boner for this boring flat chested, no ass, and shitty character!"

Fuck those people. I never want this Gurl Powah shit to get playable. Aqua being playable easily made her the shittiest most overrated pile of horse shit for the series. Bitch has no personality except Fighting Boobs. And now she's so overrated that Nomura put her in KH1's ending as a retcon and now Riku feels like he has to suck Aqua's figurative cock because "Muh she saved me even though she never existed during KH1 but now she does!" To hell with Aqua.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (72KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
72KB, 1280x800px
If Luxord was a member/vessel for Xehanort in the new Organization 13, would that at least give some explanation to the time bullshit in Dream Drop?
>>
>>93225138
Nope.

>>93225123
You're mistaking teasing remarks for active malice.
>>
>>93224967
Namine is a different problem altogether. She has the power to control Sora's brain essentially. So if she gets offended she can mind rape the boy into obeying her will and acting on her behalf. She should die simply because of the danger she represents. Someone that dangerous towards the hero is not someone who should live.
>>
It should be more like the first game, simplified in story, Disney villains working together pulling the strings. Standalone episodes with a few episodes hinting to a bigger plot.
>>
>>93225123
>Who is she to call Sora lazy?
I think anyone can call anyone lazy if that person is taking a nap instead of doing the job they promised to do because at that point it's just a factual fucking statement. Like, Kairi is shit and all but mostly because she's completely undeveloped despite having such an important role, not for one half-joking comment she made to wake up her friend at the beginning of the story, chill out.
>>
Did Sora's mom just forget that she had a son until Sora awoke in KH2? Was she minding her own business until one day, just the memory of her son came back to her and the realization that he's been gone for years come to her? That he could be dead somewhere?
>>
>>93225327
>"Honey, who is this child in all of our family pictures and why does he have my eyes?"
>>
>>93225445
Now thinking about it, Riku mentions his parents in the first game too. Did they just believe their son died in a storm? At least Sora's mom forgot she had a son.
>>
>>93225534
I'unno. I don't think Nomura really gives much of a shit about how much grief their parents went through.

Does Sora even worry about what happened to his parents?
>>
>>93221128
as long you cut the shitty visual key and modern final fantasy 2deep4u shit. yes it can work as a cartoon
>>
>>93225963
Then it wouldn't be Kingdom Hearts, it would just be a Disney cartoon.
>>
>>93225138
Luxord is most likely one of the vessels. At this point its safe to assume that all of the Organization 13 members that haven't reappeared are vessels for Xehanort.

I won't be surprised if Xion is one too. I hope this isn't the case because Xion has suffered enough.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.