[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pixar thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: Cars_3_Teaser_Poster_1.jpg (245KB, 744x1102px) Image search: [Google]
Cars_3_Teaser_Poster_1.jpg
245KB, 744x1102px
Can we have a quality Pixar thread?

Cars 3 really depressed me.
>>
Cars 3 has a better RT score than Cars 2, but still not as good of a score as Cars 1, and none of them came even close to Pixar's batting average before they turned shit
>>
lol @ the tyremarks on that track

>forgetting to turn
>>
I didn't even know cars 3 was out
>>
wait it's out?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170615-024022.png (525KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170615-024022.png
525KB, 720x1280px
BLOG INCOMING
I've not liked Disney since after The Incredibles. Every movie was done in the 3D format and seemed formulaic. There was a misunderstood protagonist, their love interest, an anthropomorphic comedy relief, a stern side character, a tweest villain, and a heavy handed lesson. I got tired of it and just stopped watching all Disney related things.
Blog over.

But Cars 3 showed me what Disney (especially the recent movies) is really doing.
Since their first movie we've seen childhood (mostly boys') interests. Insects, Cowboys and Spacemen, Pirates, Superheroes, Dinosaurs, Racecars. Toys that get bought, discarded, and sold. Pirates that stop messing around, grow up, and raise a family. And with Cars: the innocence and naivete will eventually fade away.

To make a long post short, what I realise is, all of these movies, despite being family or kid films, have shown these childhood interests and their evolution. These movies grow up with the audience. They imprint the idea of growing up and I think that's nobel.

>Tl;Dr
>Cars 3 redpilled the crap outta me.
>>
>>93220823
>>93220837
>>93220839
Midnight Screenings
>>
Cruz is the worst Pixar character ever and maybe the biggest Mary Sue.

>never raced before ever
>most annoying character ever
>distracts McQueen the entire movie so he can't train because he needs to babysit her
>she beats him in a race somehow
>McQueen quits the final race at the end of the movie because he isn't good anymore, somehow gets Cruz to race for him in the middle of the race
>she wins easily

Fuck
>>
>>93221303
Wow, really? That's cheap as shit.
>>
>>93221303
I forgot to add, she is an expert on Doc's slide without ever knowing how to do it. She can just do it anytime better than McQueen
>>
>>93221325
I guess she's the "gifted" character from what it seems.
>>
>>93221396
You mean perfect character Mary Sue.
>>
>>93221303

Not surprised one bit, Disney is on agenda to belittle males and/or white people. quality of Pixar movies wnet downhill when their boss began to shuffle staff between studios, that's why Disney movies are consistently good, since 2010.(except Frozen).
Coco looks like a movie ordered by execs to show how Mexicans are cool.Also wjat you're watching now are toy commercials. Cashing in on nostalgia, otherwise why would they bother making YET ANOTHER Toy Story? It had closure.
>>
>>93221545
John Lasseter is literally the only Pixar guy at Disney and it's just a supervisorly role.
>>
>>93221413
Yeahyou can put it that way i was thinking more along some people are going to be more "gifted" at some things while others will have to work hard, train hard to get to that same thing.
>>
>>93221303
That's just sad
I thought McQueen would retire like Hudson
>>
>>93221303
called that from the first trailer
>>
Cars 3 could have been a serious and dark twist for Cars out of nowhere just to see what they could do with this zombie franchise that basically exists solely to sell toys

But instead it was just another boring cars movie
>>
>>93221303
Thanks, Grace. I love your videos!
>>
How did that "Millennial" villain car thing go, did he lose and freak out?
>>
>>93221745
yes the privileged white guy car lost to the hispanic girl car
>>
>>93221564

Who do normies keep calling Zootopia and Wreck it Ralph, Pixar movies then?
>>
>>93221630
It's still impossible to win against trained pros with natural talent alone. Not to mention the fact that most pros have both talent AND training.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=n6IpLPZ3bHQ
The author of this manga gets it.
>>
>>93221745
He got rekt because technology is just a meme and is for losers and being a Luddite is cool. Pixar's message is so off that it could send a whole generation of children to become huge failures for not being able to adapt.
>>
>>93221745
I fucking hate how everyone latched onto that millennial description.

The fucking interview made it very clear that the bad guy car is supposed to represent all the negative views of millennial while the good girl car is supposed to represent all the hard working millennials, but soon as the Big M word was dropped nobody fucking absorbed the context behind it and starting going apeshit.
>>
>>93221325
Well. It's like kids these days learning quicker through technology. Meanwhile we of the 80's through 90's had to learn slower. My brother didn't have to learn calculus, cursive, or recite the pledge.
Like I said, Cars is the ultimate redpill.
>>
>>93221814
....they call every 3D movie Pxar movies because they don't know any better and they all look the same.
>>
>>93221545
>>93220806
>>93221303
>>93221545
>>93221316
>>93221325
>>93221661
>>93221677
>$0.50 Boss Baby dollars have been deposited into your account - Dreamworks
>>
>>93220899
>Calls Pixar "Disney"
>Can't even spell noble.

Please go to summer school.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (16KB, 399x187px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
16KB, 399x187px
oh well
>>
>>93221826
"Talent" is just a stupid way of saying applied intelligence. People act like it's some magical property when it's just a person's effectiveness at analyzing a specific thing and then acting upon their analysis. "Gifted" people are just quick learners, "talent" won't win a race.
>>
>>93221303
so...she's Rey from TFA?

Disney...I can smell your agenda.
>>
File: Brave_Merida_Icon.jpg (133KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Brave_Merida_Icon.jpg
133KB, 600x600px
>>93222199

took you some time.

also:
>being salty about nuPixar.

just give it a break guys, find new favorite studio to obsess over.
>>
>>93221914

Same with Anime, to be honest, All anime are consistent to each other, put any character from any of them and they work just fine, exceptions like I don't know, One piece or PSG are rare.
>>
>>93223057
Pixarrager you need to change your methods
>>
>>93223057
>find new favorite studio to obsess over.
Yeah like Illumation, Dreamworks, Reel FX and Sony right?
>>
File: Warner_Animation_Group_logo.jpg (15KB, 316x315px) Image search: [Google]
Warner_Animation_Group_logo.jpg
15KB, 316x315px
>>93223424

Animal Logic is pretty good.
>>
>>93222199
At least Rey has two more movies to develop. This is the last in the trilogy I presume.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.