[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I came back from seeing pic related a little while ago. Discuss.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: gotg vol 2 poster.jpg (709KB, 1382x2048px) Image search: [Google]
gotg vol 2 poster.jpg
709KB, 1382x2048px
I came back from seeing pic related a little while ago. Discuss.
>>
>>93216076
Way better than Suicide Squad, that's for sure.
>>
>>93216076
Is a decent flick.
Drax autistic ass was the best part for me.
Went a little ham with all the comedy beats.
Music was great.
End fight scene was odd to me, but it is what it is.
Not my favorite super movie but far from the worst (SvB).
>>
GotG 2nd half > GotG > GotG 1st half

Gunn seriously needs to work on the lengths of his jokes. In the positive side Ego is the best MCU villain since Loki.
>>
>>93216076
I enjoyed it. Lots of character development. I could have done without a bit of the Gamora/Nebula sub plot but on the other hand I liked Nebula's interaction with the other Guardians. In fact I think I like Nebula better than Gamora, period. Better actress maybe?
>>
>>93216290
Nebula actually has an interesting character and her "mistreated daughter" angle was a lot better than Gamora's.
>>
>>93216076
Well it's basically the love child of Gunn, the comics, Farscape, and Star Wars. Probably in that order. So I fucking loved it.
>>
Had a lot of fun watching it, loved Rocket and Quill arguing over who the better pilot is, and I was really happy the scene that looked like it was going to be the climax of the movie actually was just the opening credits, though I wish there was less focus on Groot dancing.

Also, that shot of Gamora going full 90s comics by firing a gun 3 times the size of herself was deliciously great.
>>
File: One_inch4.gif (1MB, 356x324px) Image search: [Google]
One_inch4.gif
1MB, 356x324px
>>93216076
The next time we will see the GOTG will be four years after -2. It's entirely possible we will see a more mature team with fewer emotional issues, Rocket in particular may be closer to the "grizzled space veteran" of DnA than the tortured lab project in the first two movies.
>>
Man I actually forgot about this movie.

It wasn't bad, leaps and bounds better than Doctor Strange and Ant-Man, but fuck if this wasn't a 'I'll wait until it comes out on Netflix' movie.

That being said Kurt was good.
>>
>>93216318
All of this
>>93216290
>Better actress
Plus this.

Gamora is the weakest link in the GotG movies, character and acting wise.
>>
>>93216318
I was actually sad when she left at the end. I was hoping she would stay with Gamora and the Guardians :(
>>
Didn't really like it. The fact that there's jokes all the time, ALL the DAMN TIME, took me out. Not because I don't like jokes or levity, I do, but because it made that the movie never had an ounce of tension. Doesn't help that most of the humour was "This character fell! This character was hit on the head! This character farted!".

For a being that had existed for so long, Ego's plan was pretty childish. Mantis being with him felt super forced as well; in fact her whole character felt that way, like she was only there for the role of the magic autistic pixie girl.

Characters voice their arc aloud, their conflict and resolution. All through monologues that occasionally get input from the character they're paired with. At least with Yondu and Rocket we got a cool scene.

The whole golden race; they have a fleet they squander pursuing the guardians but could not be bothered to use it on the beast from the beginning? For some batteries?

I dunno. It felt overly childish and simplistic. Had nice visuals but fails to capture what made the previous one entertaining. And even that one was only passable for me; I enjoyed it in the theater but never wanted to revisit it again, unlike other MCU flicks.
>>
>>93216495
After Thanos fuckery they definitely should be less childish especially Peter. It's also possible that Gamora "regresses", if Nebula gets murderer and she ends up with a hateboner that makes her act unreasonably.
We'll also finally get based Adam. I hope Gunn doesn't fuck him too much.
>>
>>93216808
>Gamora is the weakest link in the GotG movies, character and acting wise.
And yet she's the one in the initial MvCI roster. It should fucking have been Mantis, they could have reused MvC3 Iron Fist's moves for her even.
>>
File: Dude.gif (1MB, 540x224px) Image search: [Google]
Dude.gif
1MB, 540x224px
>>93217384
The only problem with movies as opposed to something like a TV series is we get these big gaps between movies. I want to see the characters develop, but instead we get a four year time skip.
>>
>>93216076
I fell asleep during 2/3s of this. I always fall asleep in theaters now. Maybe I need to get more rest. I'm so pissed.
>>
>>93216076
I don't think I've ever seen Rocket Raccoon so ducking goddamn thirsty for Star-Cock before
>>
>>93216076
I love the way they do space Gun effects. Like it's not simple lasers, they fire goddamn technicolor fire bolts at one another
>>
it wasn't the worst but not great
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.