[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So was it a good comic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

So was it a good comic?
>>
it was until ken penders

/thread
>>
>>93215294
Depends which eras you're referring to. When you have over 300 issues, you're going to have good things and bad things.
>>
>>93215294
>Was
It-it IS a good comic. Definitely worth reading now that it finally got all the rebooting and legal shit behind it. W-what do you guys think of the Egg Bosses and all their characterization and ongoing sub-plots? I for one can't wait to see how that all turns out.
>>
>>93215612
There's a reboot? Did they reset everything?
>>
>>93215642
There was, forget which issue exactly but it was the result of that legal shit.
>>
>>93215698
Did they have an event or something or did they just drop whatever storyline they were in before they started fresh?

Any closure to the past plots? I started reading a while ago, and was thinking about going back but if there's not going to be a legit ending then fuck that.
>>
>>93215410

Can you explain?
>>
>>93215756
There was a big crossover with Mega Man that caused the reboot. Immediately before then things were ramping up towards a climax, if I remember correctly, that climax being the crossover. In a weird sort of way the rebooted series is more of a continuation; there was a specific in-universe event in the old series that caused it, and immediately afterwards certain characters could actually still remember the old continuity for a little while.
>>
>>93215612
>IS

Poor Anon. Still clinging to hope that its not really dead.

Godpseed Anon.
>>
>>93215793
he made them reset everything which lead to the comic being canceled due to the sheer clusterfuck it became due to it
>>
File: The Pendering In A Nutshell.png (18KB, 963x417px) Image search: [Google]
The Pendering In A Nutshell.png
18KB, 963x417px
>>93215793
>>
File: just.jpg (110KB, 759x508px) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
110KB, 759x508px
>>93215874
Some intern just fucked up the subscription. The printer is just jammed. You can't cancel a comic immediately after announcing an upcoming issue featuring the two best girls. It'll mail out any day now, you'll see!
>>
>>93215294
Will someone make a storytime?
>>
>>93216262
Seconded.
>>
>>93216058
Its okay, Anon. Let it all out.

>two best

Honey and...?
>>
>>93216337
Honey and Breezie!
>>
File: archie.png (475KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
archie.png
475KB, 500x456px
KEK
>>
This comic was marred by SEGA's mandates, and by artists who wanted a Sonic comic to be on a scope far larger than it ever should have been in the first place, including vague holocaust references.
>>
>>93215854
Not the same anon but the OP picture is in fact the cover for the first reboot comic.
>>
>>93215874
Until they refund my money I guess it's still real, the hope I mean.
>>
>>93215294
So why was it reset?
The reason I heard was because Sega got pissed about that one issue with sonic crying like a bitch on the cover.
>>
I liked it for the most part, even some of the awkward penders years.

I kind of wish the pun filled funnybook years could have lasted longer though, or at least splintered off into it's own thing the same way AOSTH and SATAM were seperate things going on at the same time.

Sucks it's probably going to get axed. Even if someone else picks up the lisence it'll probably be Sonic Boom or 100% faithful to the game to avoid "brand confusion" ...which blows because if I wanted game faithful stories I'd stick to the games only.
>>
>>93218572
The Sonic crying thing happened way sooner than the reboot, but Sega started paying more attention at that time.

The reboot happened when Ken Penders went full on autist and sued for posession of his OCs. Now the series is rebooted so that none of his OCs ever existed, and the world is closer to the one you see in the games, but without abandoning everything that made the comic what it was, like Robotnik basically having won and fighting to maintain his control.
>>
>>93218561
This post >>93216043 covers what happened in the simplest of ways. Sonic crying on the other hand? That was Sega putting a mandate on what could and couldn't be done with all Sega original characters (in this case, Sonic is not allowed to show excessive emotion, unless it's a positive one).
>>
>>93218630
I'll never understand that mandate. I do think relationship drama is not fitting for Sonic, but just crying in general shouldn't be off the table. It's like they want him to be incredibly bland as a character.
>>
>>93218652
Eh, I don't like it either but I didn't mind Sonic being flirty with other characters and him crying rivers can be good if used in the right situation. I guess Sega was afraid that if they let it happen, some would think Sonic is a crybaby little bitch.
>>
>>93215294
Saw a review that summed it up pretty well awhile back I think.

Kinda peaked around issue 50 or so during the Endgame Saga probably.
>>
>>93218848
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIvpboKVdrw
>>
>>93218069
>&knuckles
>&knuckles
>&knuckles
>&knuckles
>>
Dunno, haven't read it. But I've heard interesting things about it. Mostly involving a bullshit lawsuit.
>>
File: carlos 3.jpg (42KB, 510x374px) Image search: [Google]
carlos 3.jpg
42KB, 510x374px
>>93215294

It had it's good runs
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.