[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 3017248-1.jpg (981KB, 2824x2576px) Image search: [Google]
3017248-1.jpg
981KB, 2824x2576px
Is this any good? At least, $15 worth? I've read some X-Men but I wanted to get into it, and I heard this contains a lot of the themes and messages that the franchise is centered around
>>
>>93214921

Its a very good story, and worth 15 dollars, which really isnt much for a book.

If you're like, 15? then i guess you'll have to make a decision
>>
>>93214921

The second x-men movie is loosely adapted from it.

If you're unsure wait until it's on sale.
>>
>Is this any good?

Yes it's stellar. Correctly recognized one of the best X-Men stories of all time. It embodies all of the themes and great character work that made Claremont's run so popular and it's a massively important story in the development of Magneto as one of the best cape villains of all time.

>At least, $15 worth?

No. It's literally like 50 pages. You can get the trade for $5.
>>
>>93214921
Classic.
Hasn't aged well, but for the time it was revolutanary. Any XMEN fan should read it at least once. Same with Dark Phoenix Saga, Fall of Mutants and the shit fest that was Inferno.
>>
File: Boco.jpg (131KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
Boco.jpg
131KB, 600x401px
>>93214921
It has a great cameo by Boco.
>>
>>93215164
>50 pages

You obviously haven't read it, since it is double that
>>
>>93214921
>>93215245

this pannel is a classic
>>
>>93215245
Literally who?
>>
>>93215200
Why hasn't it aged well? Is it the writing?
>>
>>93214921
I think's Claremont's best X-men story.

although I've seen it go for much cheaper than $15
>>
>>93214921
This shit made me love Cyclops, and why all his media adaptations(Except Evolution) are shit.
>>
>>93216514
The writing is good but suffers from Claremont classic ignoring the panel and telling us so,etching unrelated. It's also a bit 'wordy' at timessage which seems to be a flaw with many readers these days.

I'm an old XMenfag so I still love it. I read it once a year. Worth it to have a look back and compare the changes to current stuff going on.
>>
>>93216623
That's the price on Canadian Amazon. I should probably check my LCS
>>
>>93217610
well I don't know if you have BAM in Canada (Books A Million) but the clearance section for comics had it for $5 USD.
>>
>>93216623
I like Days of Future Past better.
>>93216514
I would disagree I think X-Men has gotten worse over time. Only Brubaker, Whedon, and Morrison in my opinion are the only writers who did anything decent after Claremont left.
>>
not worth 15 bucks
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.