[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>if you kill your enemies, they win

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 1418107585185.png (671KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1418107585185.png
671KB, 800x600px
>if you kill your enemies, they win
>>
>>93213304
I keep hearing this thrown around yet never once have seen proof of Trudeau saying this.
>>
Go back to /v/.
>>
>>93213339
This.
>>
>With great power comes great responsibility.
>Surely Uncle Ben meant to use my great power to leave super powered psychos alive to kill people. That's what being a responsible hero means.
>>
File: 1316934454114.jpg (351KB, 948x1377px) Image search: [Google]
1316934454114.jpg
351KB, 948x1377px
Superman just has higher standards for himself. It's not some weird logic thing.
>>
>>93213411
>I could kill this villain and he would never be able to kill anyone again, but I will leave him alive to continue killing people in the future because killing is wrong.
>>
>>93213304
i think it is important for a culture that likes to bear arms and invade other countries
>>
>>93213407
See
>>93213339
>>
>>93213448
By that logic you should just kill everyone. If someone kills people, it's your fault for not killing them before they killed people, right?
>>
>>93213332
He did say it, what people ignore is the context, which is the fact that killing radicalized youths just hands the people who made them that way another martyr to attract more to their cause.
>>
>>93213491
Do their great powers mean they have great responsibility or not?

Let's take Batman, he's just a lunatic with a lot of money who LARPs as Zorro because he's too much of a manchild to grow up.

He repeatedly leaves people like the Joker alive when he knows full well that the Joker will escape Arkham and go murder a whole bunch of people. Now, Batman is a vigilante, so he's not legally responsible for enforcing the law and protecting people. In fact, he's a criminal for intervening in the justice system.

But Batman has the power to kill the Joker every time he catches him. He knows that the Joker will escape and kill more people the second he is out of Batman's sight. But Batman lets him go anyway, to continue his killing sprees.

Obviously Batman is either a hypocrite or so delusional he can't connect his actions with their consequences. Which is it?
>>
>>93213448
Not wanting to upstage human law is different from not wanting to kill. You're mixing separate issues here.

Ideally human government in the DCU should change so the worst offenders can be sentenced to the phantom zone where they can't hurt anyone.
>>
>>93213579
>Not wanting to upstage human law is different from not wanting to kill. You're mixing separate issues here.
While superheroes are busy arguing over the technicalities, super powered psychos are busy murdering innocent civilians. Doesn't really make them seem like superheroes, does it?
>>
>>93213537
Exactly. This is why we have to allow ISIS to overtake the Syrian government and continue to put people in cages and set them on fire. If we kill ISIS, they win. Every murdered hostage is one step closer to a humanitarian victory.
>>
>>93213568
Itd not bstmans fault that joker is never sentenced to death
>>
>>93213831
He's already a vigilante who is not above breaking the law. It is entirely within his power to end Joker's killing sprees, but instead he chooses not to kill the Joker, because killing is bad, unless someone else does it. Apparently.
>>
>>93213645
>"Superman should conquer humanity just so I can call him a monster"

nice try Lex
>>
>>93213864
Batman doesn't kill because he feels like he couldn't stop himself afterward

It's like how I don't do heroin because I don't want to get addicted
>>
>>93213936
Batman seems like a really selfish, delusional prick.
>>
>>93214020
Everyone seems like a really selfish delusional prick
>>
>>93213739

It's about stopping and changing people's ideas and show them a better way, instead of handing out free 'martyrs' to other troubled youth. Why the fuck do you read capeshit if you think people are shit?
>>
>>93214747
Are you really so delusional you can't tell the difference between comic books and real life?
>>
>>93214020
Unlike cool mature realistic heroes like Frank Castle!
>>
Does every game have to be serious? Can't we just enjoy a comical, silly, or overall non serious game?
>>
That's the problem with darkening comic books, you know. Ideally Batman shouldn't kill, but then they made the Joker a mass murderer psycho that escaped from Arkham every week. So you put a very heavy moral dilemma closer to real life with the no killing rule and, well... simply makes it look stupid. It's almost like deconstructing the character.
>>
>>93213537
>He did
Then post the source that he did
>>
Somebody post that one transformers page.
"If we kill him, we're no better than him. If we kill him, he wins."
"Yeah...except we ARE better than him. And he DOESN'T win. He doesn't ANYTHING, that's the point."
>>
>>93213491
You're such a faggot, killing a guy who did something by accident,or is unstablle, is not the same as killing someone like Joker or Carnage, who will never get better be it because of themselves, or becase other people fuck them up again. When they kill hundereds or thousands and don't descriminate, they're more like a killer disease. I bet you'd make a case for keeping scumbag politicians and their pedo rape dungeons alive too you fucking faggot.
>>
>>93213645
But thats the fault of the government not enacting swift or strong enough punishment to the imprisoned villains, not the vigilantes who still believe in their government justice system enough to not take all law in their hands.
>>
>>93213411
Supes being rational? Injustice told me he was an evil petty bastard.
>>
>>93215497
But it isn't Batman or Spider-man who are keeping these villains alive, but the government.
The government who rulings have been that they're creatures to be mentally cured or studied (or what ever reason they don't kill carnage).
Wouldn't it make sense to say that the justice systems that have not given these guys the death penalty are the ones to be yelled at, not the justice warriors?

I mean why yell "waah why doesn't batman kill the joker" when it makes more sense to demand "waah why don't ship the Joker to Texas where his lethal injection would be put in the express lane."
And if on that second demand you say the answer "because the writers don't want to end the villain like that" WELL THEN YA GOT YOUR ANSWER FOR THE FIRST QUESTION TOO.
>>
>>93213491
>just kill everyone
But the vast majority of people will never kill anyone, what kind of logic is that?
>>
>>93215109
Like Fractured, But Whole?
>>
>>93215142
> then they made the Joker a mass murderer psycho
Wasn't that exactly what he was in his first appearance though?
>>
File: Manhunters.jpg (54KB, 220x323px) Image search: [Google]
Manhunters.jpg
54KB, 220x323px
>>93216060
But they are all capable of committing these great crimes, so the only garrantee to prevent crime is to prevent life.

The math checks out.
>>
>>93216212
You're making baseless assumptions though, the statistics speak for themselves.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.