[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Does whatever a spider can >Except make organic web

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 442
Thread images: 44

File: download (15).jpg (66KB, 573x540px) Image search: [Google]
download (15).jpg
66KB, 573x540px
>Does whatever a spider can
>Except make organic web
>>
>>93207938
Fuck off casual Raimifag. Go read a comic.
>>
>>93207938
Yes, that's right, and if you don't like it you can go.
>>
Mechanical>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Organic. This is a known fact
>>
>I hate it when Spider-man shows off his aptitude for science
>>
>>93207938
Good, because he didn't have those powers to begin with. Also, his best friend is Asian, love interest is black, Aunt May is young and he is friends with Stark, and theres no mention of Osborn; going to QQ about that in a thread next?
>>
But not all spiders make web...
>>
>>93207986
Read more than you, faggot.
>>
>>93208122
>thinks organics are better
>reads more comics
kek

Good one, newfag.
>>
>>93207938
"oh no i ran out of web" always felt like a cheap as fuck plot device. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>93208186
>Probably spent 10+ years on 4chan

Kys oldfag
>>
>>93207938
>criticizing something that was in the comics
i thought homecoming was suppose to suck because it's not faithful to the comics.
>>
>>93208026
>his aptitude

HE HAD RICHARD'S MAKE THEM FOR HIM

Peter isn't even top 10 mavel minds he's not even illuminati
>>
>>93207938
>be spiderman
>suck at the only thing he has to be good at
>>
>>93207938
If you prefer organic web shooters, how do you explain that the organic webbing didn't come out of glands near Peter's asshole?
>>
Man I think organic webbing are just cooler and way better than mechanic. Peter already showed how smart he was by making a damn body suit so who cares about the webbing?
>>
>>93208192
Yeah god forbid Peter ever use his head instead of webbing the problem away. Dumbass
>>
>>93208434
If you prefer mechanic web shooters, how do you explain Peter not being the smartest person in the Marvel Universe?
>>
>>93208436
>Man I think organic webbing are just cooler and way better than mechanic.
Man, I think you have an opinion that is just shit.
>>
>>93207938
I just don't like Peter being the Weakest of the spider guys.

He's the original, why the hell is he the weakest and have the least powers?
>>
>>93208544
You act like the other Spider People are worth a damn
>>
>>93208499
Because not every one can be Victor Von Doom.
>>
>>93208436
The same people who would bitch if superman couldn't fly or if Stark was just some dumbass in a suit somebody else made.
>>
>>93208544
>why the hell is he the weakest and have the least powers?
What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
Mechanical Webbing means Peter has room to use his ingenuity for gimmick webs and tricks. That and limited webbing means more chances for variety in conflict resolution and opportunities for writers to showcase creativity.

Organic webbing is very simple and stifling in its application. I'm not sure what makes it better in anyone's eyes?
>>
File: j4rK7uU.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
j4rK7uU.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>old enough to remember greasy nerds on various comic boards shitting themselves about organic webbing in the original Spider-Man movie, because "it's superpowers" is somehow less plausible than "Peter Parker is a scientific and mechanical wunderkind who designed and built his webshooters with no guidance and a budget of zero dollars"
>new generation of greasy nerds is now bitching about the opposite completely without irony

Shit, man, it finally happened. I got old.
>>
>>93208026
cringe
>>
>>93208618
I think he's talking about how the off-shoot Spider-people tend to have gimmicks. Like Spider-Woman had that psionic webbing thing, and Miles has his venom blast thing. Peter doesn't really have any unique gimmicks like that (at least not ones that stick around very long).

Doesn't necessarily make him weaker, though. He doesn't have gimmicks because he doesn't need them. He's the original and most skilled.
>>
>>93208544

Provide evidence that he's the weakest.
>>
>>93208752
Even back then I knew the organic web was so they didnt had to explain how he came with the webshooters
I find this whole argument dumb as it comes.
>>
>>93208499
Because it's a miniaturized spray can not a time machine like other smarter dudes in Marvel had invented.
>>
>>93208618
Miles Morales is literally Onepunch man, he has an attack that defeats everybody in one hit, also that superpower that defeated an entire army with an explosion
>>
>>93207938

Mechanical webbing is neat, but it completely falls apart when you realise the tech to both create spider silk in such large quantities at industrial level strength, and manipulate it with a flick of a wrist would make Peter an instant millionaire from the rights alone.

He could literally get himself out of poverty, start his own business, do some small time philanthropy until he's rich enough to make it big time philanthropy.

I mean, there's a dozen POSSIBLE reasons why he might not want to, but in Amazing he invented them aaaaaaand it was never mentioned again.

And no, accidentally fucking up merely twice while creating prototypes does not invalidate the required genius, especially not for an underfunded high schooler.

TL;DR Mechanical shooters make less sense as his invention of them would invalidate many of the reasons for him becoming spiderman, as better paths would open up.
>>
>>93209093
>Wanting rich Peter
Fuck off
>>
>>93208945
That doesn't take anything away from Peter, rather it just emphasizes how stupid Miles is.
>>
>>93207938
Unless Spider-Man can shoot web out of his nipples (scientific accuracy and all of that), the web shooter should remain mechanical.
>>
File: Amazing Fantasy 15.jpg (90KB, 457x330px) Image search: [Google]
Amazing Fantasy 15.jpg
90KB, 457x330px
>>93208357

I liked the Raimi movies too but fuck off with organic webbing. Peter made his shooters in his basement as a high schooler in Amazing Fantasy 15

read a comic
>>
>>93209135

I DON'T want rich Peter, that's the problem. But Peter would want richer Peter, especially if he felt it would improve his lot in life. And if he has the ability to do all that before he even starts properly on the hero job, then there's less reason he'd become Spiderman.

Sure, he'd still want the initial revenge, and yes he is very heroic, but he'd also not want him and his aunt to live, if not in poverty, low middle class standards. He'd also want to attract MJ's and Gwen's attention, and since I doubt he'd realise how much they'd dig skintight spandex which is something I believe nearly always looks great on heroes he'd sell the rights and refocus on the hero stuff afterwards, with extra funds.
>>
>>93209093
90% of supervillains could get rich if they sold their tech instead of robbed banks.

suspend your disbelief
>>
>>93208026
>have tony stark make everything for him
>>
>>93208357
>HE HAD RICHARD'S MAKE THEM FOR HIM
Holy shit. Read a comic, casual scum.
>>
>>93209348
the MCU has massive flaws
>>
>>93209348
>not getting that the entire point of the movie is Peter learning that he doesn't need Tony.

You are one slow memester.
>>
File: 33maftj.jpg (249KB, 699x1023px) Image search: [Google]
33maftj.jpg
249KB, 699x1023px
>>93209272
"What if Peter chose to profit from his gifts instead of staying a dirt-poor vigilante" is an idea that's been explored a few times, most recently in House of M. Most of those stories tend to turn out the same way- Peter tries to be a good guy, but it takes a certain kind of narcissistic mindset to want to become a masked crimefighter in the first place, and wealth tends to bring that the worst aspects of that in him. Wealthy/Famous Peter is almost always Selfish/Negligent Peter, and sometimes Villain Peter.

Not saying it isn't interesting, just that it seems to be part of Spider-Man's character that if he isn't struggling to keep his life together, he has a tendency to let it go to his head a bit.
>>
>>93209314

Doc Oc, Lizard and Green Goblin were insane, the vulture and Rhino started out as assholes in animal suits, that dinosaur scientist wanted a dinosaur world and that's all I can think of who would qualify beyond crossover villains.

Besides, villains would just steal the money, because the money is just a means to an end, usually a really expensive way of telling someone to fuck off.
>>
>>93207938
Organic web isn't toy-etic enough.
>>
The Spider-Man persona was a gimmick that Peter came up with.
He made the webs to complete his gimmick.
>>
>>93207938
What if Peter has always had organic webbing, but it comes out his ass and he's just to embarrassed to use it out in public. The stuff in his his web shooter is still his ass secretions though, he just fills them up in secret and nobody not even the readers know he truth
>>
>>93209400
>movie not out yet
>>
>>93209584
Its right in the goddamn trailer you dense motherfucker.
>>
>>93207938
>does whatever a spider can
>shoots webs from his wrists
>>
>>93208192
>oh no I didn't eat a balanced breakfast this morning so my web glands are empty
>>
>>93209151
>Anon complains that other spiders are stronger
>"proof?"
>Shows proof
>"that doesn't take anything away from Peter..."
yeah, and? that still makes other spiders being way more powerful than Peter
>>
>>93208192
Which is really on the writer, not the mode of web-shooting.
And them being organic makes them somehow LESS prone to run dry? What logic does that make?
>>
>>93208544
Get with the times, Old man. Peter isn't shit anymore.

Miles is spiderman now. Deal with it.
>>
>>93208192
If you'd bother to actually read a comic, you'd know that the whole "Whoops! I ran out of webbing!" meme is hardly ever used.

So you can fuck right off with that, casual.
>>
File: CoSUP0mW8AE_Ymj.jpg (46KB, 657x634px) Image search: [Google]
CoSUP0mW8AE_Ymj.jpg
46KB, 657x634px
>Spider-MAN
>is a teeny little baby bitch boi who pleasures old men for webshooters

Haha gay. Who writes this shit?
>>
>>93208192
Part of the plot in Spider-Man 2 was "oh no I feel sad and I can't make webs"
>>
>>93207938
>makes organic web himself in his bedroom
>can't make organic web

OP, are you retarded?
>>
>>93207986
Hell I don't even read spidey comics, all my spidey knowledge is from animated series and video games and I'm more used to mechanical webs, never end judges anyone from for thinking organic was original way though, as for all I knew (and still know), they could've been in the comics at some point.
>>
>>93209851
>b-but Spider-Man 2 is a m-m-masterpiece!
>>
>>93208357
are you stupid?
>>
File: 1495335309657.jpg (34KB, 192x279px) Image search: [Google]
1495335309657.jpg
34KB, 192x279px
>spidey is supposed to be a street-level hero
>does shit way beyond the means of street-level heroes
>owns a global conglomerate
>street level
>>
>>93209922
In a bit of bullshit movie synergy, they mutated Peter into having organics, which he STILL HAS yet never uses because it requires him to eat a lot.

I fucking hate it and they've had so many chances to get rid of it yet they won't.

It would be an interesting twist on his origin if Pete had to develop the shooters as a way to control his spinnerettes and to allow the web to be fired into swingable ropes and stuff. But since that's never the direction they ever take with his origin, organics just need to fuck off.
>>
>>93208544
Peter still cleaned the floor with Miles, Dock Ock and fucking killed Morlun, the last was a being that no other Spider in the entire multiverse could ever beat
>>
>>93210063
He's street level by choice. The Sinister Six are Avengers level threats that Pete punks on the reg.

But him not heading a global conglomerate was a frequent normie complain when shown how smart he was. Now it's somehow a bad thing that he finally is.
>>
>>93209254
How does he grab stuff if the switch is on his palm?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
Never understood how Spidey can stick to walls through his suit/regular shoes.
>>
>>93210123
Cape comic
>>
>>93210123
He's basically a magnet.
>>
>>93210117
iirc, it needs to be tapped twice in rapid succession using his superhuman reflexes
>>
>>93208735

Why not both? Very little Organic and more Machanical?
>>
>>93210123
He manipulates ionic bonds to hold onto materials, even through his suit.
That's comic lore though, the movies shit on the entire spiderman lore.
>>
>>93210246
Because that'll be stupid.
>>
>>93210267

You're stupid.
>>
>>93210123
Wan deer Walls force. Basically what Gekos and Spiders do
>>
>>93210250
I'm gonna guess it's because Raimi took a more "biological" approach to Spidey's powers. I doubt he really read into Spiderman at all beyond a basic level.
>>
>>93210310
>I doubt he really read into Spiderman at all beyond a basic level
If anything, he just skimmed over a couple wiki articles and went off his memories of reading them as an 8 year old kid. Its pretty fuckin' obvious he didn't bother to read anything before making his movies.
>>
>>93209881
Are you retarded? You dumb faggot.
>>
>>93208026
>I'm too retarded to think of a way to show Spider-man is smart except for web shooters
>>
>>93211076
He's talking about fapping. But apparently you're too dense to pick up on that.
>>
File: 1435994927172.jpg (135KB, 657x824px) Image search: [Google]
1435994927172.jpg
135KB, 657x824px
>>93209314
>>
>>
>>
Some Spider-Man iterations use organic web-shooters, some use mechanical.

There is no inherent value to sticking to the original canon

This is an argument over a slight preference that doesn't actually matter.
>>
>>93211573
Fuck off casual.
>>
Anyone who enjoys the stupidity of mechanical webbing should shoot themselves in the face. It inherently ruins suspension of disbelief and makes the entire concept asinine and far-fetched. It turns a story about a kid with superpowers into an episode of Jimmy Neutron.
>>
>>93211675
>Anyone who enjoys the stupidity of mechanical webbing should shoot themselves in the face.
Sure thing, moviefag.
>>
>>93211675
Try harder. not convincing enough.
>>
>>93210780
>>93210310
>>93210250

And thank fucking god, because he's made one of the most iconic super hero films from it as a result, which even Stan Lee regrets not giving him organic web shooters.

Raimi's Spider-Man is up there with Batman 1989, The Dark Knight, Reeve's Superman, The Crow, Darkman, and Sin City.
>>
I've always found the web shooters stupid. The idea some 15 year old kid can make a wrist-mounted system of shooting a material strong to hold up trains is pretty stupid
>>
>>93212180
Whereas everything else makes perfect sense.
I never understand where you people draw the line when ALL of it is ridiculous
>>
>>93212158
I don't even remember how the first movie stood up to 2 and 3, but I know those two had some fucking dumb plot elements (muh powers gone) and scenes so bad they're good (black suit pete out of costume).
>>
>>93207938
The whole gag is that Spider-Man doesn't actually have any spider powers.
>>
>>93209093
well in older run didn't he say that the web dissolve rather quickly?
>>
>>93212158
And conversely, fucked up the entire general public's perception of how Peter Parker and Spider-Man are supposed to be. Now everyone thinks he's supposed to be this turbo beta who can hardly function in society,

Which, in the comics, couldn't be further from the truth.

Sol fuck Raimi.

Also, why the fuck would anyone trust anything a tripfag has to say?
>>
>>93212180
>The idea some 15 year old kid can make a wrist-mounted system of shooting a material strong to hold up trains is pretty stupid

But you're totally cool with a kid having a semi-precognitive danger warning sense and the ability to cling to walls?

Its a fucking comic book character you goddamn moron.
>>
this is all dumb
>>
>>93208544
>>93208794

Wasn't there a villan that absorbed almost all superpowers from the superheroes, and said that Peter's spider sense is the best of them all? I remember reading that while Miles has the venom sting and camufage shit and Spider-Woman can fly and shoot lasers, Peter has the strongest, quickest and concise slider sense
>>
>>93209348
he had literally been spider-man for a while before tony approached him, it's established in civil war. he made his first shooters
>>
>>93212180
>Super heroes can have super powers. But only the ones I think are acceptable. Anything else is just UNREALISTIC!
>>
>>93212684
He also made the original mask lenses.
>>
>>93208469

Why even give him powers at all? If I wanted to read Batman I'd read Batman.
>>
>>93207938
Maybe he harvests it from glands that are not on his wrists and do not forcefully shoot out
>>
>>93207938
Organic web is disgusting.
>>
>>93212820
>If I wanted to read Batman I'd read Batman.
Thanks for admitting you know literally nothing about Spider-Man, pathetic Raimifag.
>>
>>93212287
>>93212476
>>93212698
it's called suspension of disbelief

I can accept him getting spider powers in the internal universe of marvel. But Peter Parker, at least originally, wasn't meant to be an unparalleled genius like Amadeus Cho or Tony Stark. Yet the web shooters are basically that
>>
File: organic webbing.png (203KB, 497x278px) Image search: [Google]
organic webbing.png
203KB, 497x278px
>>93207938
>>
>>93212925
>it's called suspension of disbelief
Oh so you can suspend your disbelief in a fuckin' cape movie to accept a kid has super powers and can do things that no other person can. But you can't suspend your belief far enough to accept that he's really smart?

Are you really that fucking stupid?
>>
>>93212925
>But Peter Parker, at least originally, wasn't meant to be an unparalleled genius like Amadeus Cho or Tony Stark. Yet the web shooters are basically that

Stop being hyperbolic, ya pathetic sperg.
>>
>>93208357
>Peter isn't even top 10 mavel minds

Why does that matter? He's smart enough to build crime-fighting gadgets. And to do it on the cheap since he has next to no budget.
>>
>>93208055
>not all spiders
>>
>>93212988
exactly my thought
>>
>>93212925
>Yet the web shooters are basically that
No they aren't you fucking idiot. They follow basic mechanics (how they function has been fully explained). Its not like he's programming a human-like and thinking AI or devising ways to travel between dimensions or cure cancer or something.
>>
File: Amazing Spider-Man - 002 07.jpg (369KB, 957x1395px) Image search: [Google]
Amazing Spider-Man - 002 07.jpg
369KB, 957x1395px
>>
>>93207938
Doesn't most spider species only have the female making webs or something like that?
>>
>>93210310
Or it's just because "sticky microhairs" is something you can show whereas "ionic bonding" needs to be told.

Stuff changes in adapting material for the screen. Raimi's changes were justifiable. I'll take it any day over something like Watchmen which tries to slavishly recreate the source material and ends up feeling hollow.
>>
>>93213032
>But you can't suspend your belief far enough to accept that he's really smart?
Are you a dumbass? I can accept that somehow an alien that looks EXACTLY like humans can get superpowers on earth but him able tot spin the earth so fast that it goes backwards is a bit much for me.
>>
File: Amazing Spider-Man - 002 25.jpg (374KB, 915x1404px) Image search: [Google]
Amazing Spider-Man - 002 25.jpg
374KB, 915x1404px
>>93213210
>>
File: Spins a web.png (2MB, 1152x742px) Image search: [Google]
Spins a web.png
2MB, 1152x742px
>>
File: 1337301884177.png (2MB, 935x829px) Image search: [Google]
1337301884177.png
2MB, 935x829px
>>
File: 1274156338534.jpg (91KB, 426x629px) Image search: [Google]
1274156338534.jpg
91KB, 426x629px
>>
I think making the webshooters black is kind of a bad idea. It's an okay visual design, but it telegraphs to enemies that his webbing comes from his wristbands which they could attempt to disable. When Spidey wore his shooters under his gloves nobody but him knew how it worked.
>>
>>93213252
>I'll counter with something completely irrelevant
Bravo!
>>
File: 1271139510666.jpg (1MB, 1280x1991px) Image search: [Google]
1271139510666.jpg
1MB, 1280x1991px
>>
>>93213262
So where does he store all the mass for that webbing? Wouldn't he have giant bulbous wrists?
>>
File: 1271139650340.jpg (1MB, 1280x1986px) Image search: [Google]
1271139650340.jpg
1MB, 1280x1986px
>>93213355
>>
Is there a comic where one of Spiderman's web glands gets impacted and he sprays godawful pus slush at his villains?
>>
>>93213380
Can you spit a loogie to the top of a building?
Can you imagine how strong a muscle and gland would have to be in order to shoot a web line out as fast as that?
>>
>>93213354
It's call different levels suspension of disbelief. There is only so much implausible stuff you can tell the viewer before they just up and call out on it.
>>
>>93211435
You're more dense, you absolute imbecile.
>>
File: USE-FIRST.jpg (35KB, 600x416px) Image search: [Google]
USE-FIRST.jpg
35KB, 600x416px
>does whatever a spider can
>doesn't inject his enemies with powerful neurotoxins and then stashes them away in a web so he can later drink their liquefied organs for nutrients
>>
>>93213414
Nope because he only had organic webbing for a very short time to mimic the movie
>>
>>93213504
exactly.
Dropped
>>
>>93213475
I'm having trouble suspending my disbelief enough to accept that you're an intellectual.
>>
>>93213504
Screencapped for truth.
>>
>>93213504
>he hasnt read edge of spiderverse
>>
>>93213582
Where is your argument
>>
File: spiderman 01 - 25.jpg (158KB, 687x1056px) Image search: [Google]
spiderman 01 - 25.jpg
158KB, 687x1056px
>>
File: 1253345283101.png (2MB, 902x897px) Image search: [Google]
1253345283101.png
2MB, 902x897px
>>93213504

Incidentally, don't try to look up clips of "The Tick" on Youtube

Eeeugh.
>>
>>93213380
Same place all of Wolverine's meat comes from
>>
>>93212438
Casualties of war my dear anon
>>
>>93213894
Wolverine has super fast cell regeneration. How is that related at all?
>>
>>93208544
He's the only one with super intelligence.
>>
>>93208544
Why do you care about things like this? Do you think an old WWII vet can beat a young trained man today?
>>
>>93214349
so his cells can collect solar energy? or any free energy in the atmoshphere?
>>
>>93216367
The X-Gene taps into magic.
>>
>>93207938

because organic web would have to be shot out of his ass, like real spiders do.
>>
>>93207938
the reason he was given mechanical shooters is because they didnt want to answer the question "where does the web shoot from"

they also wanted to show he was a genius, so 2 birds one stone

but in the end, does i really matter where it comes form? it doesnt affect the action
>>
>>93217052
For the last time they don't come out from the ass.
>>
>>93215880
That's not entirely true. Miguel did the whole working as a scientist thing way before Pete did.
>>
File: 1459787000951.jpg (49KB, 436x467px) Image search: [Google]
1459787000951.jpg
49KB, 436x467px
>>93210073
so you're saying that if used correctly organic webs is the best option its just that everyone is too stupid to get it right?
yeah why not both?
>>
File: humantorchgross.gif (2MB, 500x210px) Image search: [Google]
humantorchgross.gif
2MB, 500x210px
>>93207938
>>93213262
>>
>>93217650
I'm saying that the best option is to leave the mechanical web shooters alone. They've been there since day one, they are iconic, and there's no reason to have a mental hang up about them in any regard. Why it's such a sticking point with some people is confounding to me.

BUT it would be a neat angle to see them take with his organics being an obstacle that he needs to use tech to overcome and adapt to make useful. Like his body is just always oozing the stuff rather than storing it. Which is why he doesn't have popeye arms.
>>
>>93213252
>but him able tot spin the earth so fast that it goes backwards is a bit much for me.

It works if you consider it a non-literal representation of Superman himself traveling back in time.
>>
>>93209093
He literally tries to do just that in the original run, but the adhesive company tells him they aint buying a glue that completely dissolves after an hour or so.
>>
File: -Emma-Stone-Spiderman-Shot.jpg (1MB, 2932x2000px) Image search: [Google]
-Emma-Stone-Spiderman-Shot.jpg
1MB, 2932x2000px
>Does whatever a spider can
>none of his powers are related to spiders

Peter used the animal that gave him RADIATION powers as a symbol.

>wall crawling
He can stick every part of his body, and not by any micro fur weird shit, but by controlling Van-der-waals interactions of his skin's atoms. He should be gecko man.

>strength, speed, reflexes, durability, stamina, healing and agility
Let's be honest here, that's just super hero generic power pack, but they tried to justity by comparing it to the "proportion" of a spider's features. But he's much more strong and fast than any spider would be, even in comparison.

>agility
This one maybe, but then again, it's because he's got the spider-sense + super strenght.

>spider-sense
That shit is taken from a fly's ability to avoid being hit even when facing the other way, and not from any spider. Flies feel the variations of air pressure around them to sense aproaching objects/predators. Even then, his powers are random supernatural precognition that only work for imminent physical danger. It's magic.

Peter Parker's super power is his brain.
>>
>>93213247

this is a really good point, just wanted you to know
>>
>>93208217
back to /mlp/
>>
File: Ermey_drill_Sgt2_4683.jpg (14KB, 393x298px) Image search: [Google]
Ermey_drill_Sgt2_4683.jpg
14KB, 393x298px
>>93207938
ORGANIC WEB SHOOTERS?! HOLY SHIT ONLY STEERS AND QUEERS LIKE ORGANIC WEBBING, AND YOU DON'T LOOK MUCH LIKE A STEER TO ME SOME THAT KINDA HELPS NARROW IT DOWN.
>>
>>93208357

Where did you get this information from?
>>
>>93212438
The comics are fucking horrible anyway.
>>
>>93213504
Technically, Miles can inject neurotoxin (venom blast).
Miles is more spider than peter parker.
>>
>>93208192
>"oh no i ran out of web" always felt like a cheap as fuck plot device.

Yeah except when it rarely fucking happened outside of the cartoon.
>>
File: 1390083784011.jpg (93KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1390083784011.jpg
93KB, 400x399px
If Peter had the resources and know-how to make wrist-mounted devices capable of storing and shooting incredibly strong adhesive, why would he stop there?
Why wouldn't he outfit himself with all sorts of gadgets in order to increase his effectiveness? Jetpacks, web grenades, lasers, you name it.
Why would he stop at web shooters?
>>
>>93219739
>Why wouldn't the guy who's fighting style is jumping around the place and speed blitzing people make more weapons that'll slow him down.
>>
>>93219739
He didn't.

In the comics he had a spidercar, Spider-armor (pre Civil War, the silver one), tracers, etc.
>>
File: 1469232732780.jpg (27KB, 599x231px) Image search: [Google]
1469232732780.jpg
27KB, 599x231px
>>93218203
>crying because of the very idea of something changing
>>
>>93219739
Money. Namely, a lack of it. Sometimes the guy couldn't even afford to make the fluid. Now that he's rich, though, he does have tons of gadgets.
>>
>>93212534
I don't know if that's ever been directly stated but it would be rad as hell if true
>>
>>93207938
kek, shitposters are getting really desperate I see.
>>
File: CpQlL.jpg (127KB, 550x835px) Image search: [Google]
CpQlL.jpg
127KB, 550x835px
>>
>>93213262
If Pete goes to the hospital and they try to feel for a vain would they feel the spinnerets in between his bone and vains? Wouldn't the Spinnerets be noticeable bump on his hand?
>>
Without organic webbing, Pete might as well just call himself Ant-man. He walks on walls, is super strong, and can jump good. At least organics force him to use the spider moniker.
>>
>>93219363
Back to /lgbt/
>>
>>93207938
>people vouching for organic web keep making well thought out posts and arguments the entire thread
>manchildren crying for web shooters literally just keep whining about "casuals" and "durr read a comic" over and over again
>>
>>93221058

i think >>93199444 explained it well
>>
>>93207938
Can you shot web?

He more spider then
>>
>>93221058
>>people vouching for organic web keep making well thought out posts and arguments the entire thread
Where?
>>
>>
>>93209754
How about movie?
>>
>>93220790
Don't have the page, but Peter once cocooned an entire skyscraper to keep it from collapsing with his mechanical shooters. After he went all out on Iron Man with his organic webs, he ran out and had to wait for his body to produce more, whereas with mechanical he could just reload them.
>>
>>93221165
In the ASM movies, where he had mechanical shooters, I think his web shooters fucked up only three times across both movies. When underwater, when fighting the Lizard, and one of them got fried by Electro. So that's like, only two and a half. In the Raimi movies it only happened when his powers fucked up on him.

Although the movies don't really matter. This isn't /tv/.
>>
>>93221178
>Peter once cocooned an entire skyscraper to keep it from collapsing with his mechanical shooters.
Unless he somehow managed to condense the fluids to ridiculous amounts or he was carrying water tanks full of it I'm calling bull on this
>>
>>93221230
>Unless he somehow managed to condense the fluids to ridiculous amounts
He does. Him reloading is hardly ever a thing that we see.
>>
>>93221183
>arguments are all "Why doesn't Peter cash in?" (even though explanations have been given for that in-universe and becoming filthy rich was never an ambition for Peter, he just wanted enough cash to support his family) and "muh realism" one of the most pointless arguments in fantasy ever, especially in regards to something like a fucking low-tech gadget and a chemical fluid
You know what, if webbing is so revolutionary and would definitely catapult Peter into riches, which he is obviously just so desperate for, what's stopping him from cashing in on organic webbing? I bet he could find a way to harvest it and sell it from his spinnerets, or he could just be the Amazing Construction Man, using his powers to get him a nice job. Or you know what, just have him stop being a superhero! Because you know that's what fucked up his job in show business, doing heroics and earning ire from JJJ. So if the money is just so imperative, and if we're worried about realism, then Peter should have just stuck to being a stuntman celebrity, doing shows, getting merchandising deals, all that stuff. Then he could be rich and help all the people he wanted through charities and donations! Totally right, I'm convinced. The money is obviously more important to Peter than anything, and it's not realistic to have a 15 year old be this amazing superhero, so he should have just stuck to being a hit performer instead of being a superhero. Fuck Uncle Ben, right? Fuck storytelling, right?

This is how stupid all those posts sound.
>>
>>93221336
I should also add, that Peter being unable to cash in on being Spider-Man because of his other obligations isn't just written in there to explain his situation and form a poor Peter status quo.

It ties back into themes of selflessness, sacrifice, and responsibility, things that are at the core of his character. Peter approaches companies about selling his webbing. They turn him away because it dissolves after an hour, and he laments this because he doesn't have the time to fix it because he has other RESPONSIBILITIES that are more pressing and so he SACRIFICES that avenue of income. When his show biz jobs start falling apart because of his superhero antics he could have just quit being a superhero, but he didn't because he learned the hard way that with his great power comes great RESPONSIBILITY, starting his development into a SELFLESS hero who makes personal SACRIFICES time and time again in order to help people who need him. If you don't like the fact that the way he mainly helps people is being a superhero, then this isn't the genre for you. He also doesn't ever stop looking for ways to support his family either. The balancing act between Spider-Man and Peter Parker is also a big part of his stories.

I can't believe I have to spell this out. I wonder if it's just a coincidence that people in support of organic webbing seem inherently incapable of understanding fact one about Spider-Man and the superhero genre as a whole.
>>
>>93210073
Does he still have thee arm spike thingies
>>
Organic>>>>>>mechanical

Mechanical has too many issues. It's cheap enough to make on a part time poor reporter's budget, but strong enough to stop the likes of the Rhino. I find it far easier to stomach that the bite had him grow organs in his arms.
>>
>>93218310
Which led to him creating a permanent version which fucked up his roommate.

Or maybe that was the version that almost killed Sandman and he was scared straight and signed up with the Avengers.

>>93209093
>Mechanical webbing is neat, but it completely falls apart when you realise the tech to both create spider silk in such large quantities at industrial level strength, and manipulate it with a flick of a wrist would make Peter an instant millionaire from the rights alone.
Stark has constantly and consistently asked to let him patent his inventions or at least work for him and he'd make him rich. Peter always refuses because reasons.
>>
>>93221583
>muh realism
Don't let the door hit you on the way out. That shit is mild compared to other super genius antics, so this clearly isn't the genre for you.
>>
>>93212158
Bullshit.
>>
Peter not selling his webshooters reminds me of the issue where a scientist told Electro he was an idiot because he can generate insane amounts of electricity, enough to power cities for years and collect a tidy sum and live the high life but rejects that to put on a costume and rob banks and get caught every other week.
>>
>>93221668
Not the same thing. It's already been explained why Peter couldn't cash in on his webbing. It's not because it was some simple solution that he overlooked because he's psychotic.

I also seem to recall a story where somebody tried using Electro to do just that. Kept him locked up as a human generator or something.
>>
File: 23436713757.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
23436713757.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>93221155
What the fuck.
>>
>>93221727
That's the organic version of the mid-air webbing fail.
>>
>>93221727
Marvel Zombies has a lot of "what the fuck," yeah.
>>
If he made web shooters, what even makes him a Spider-Man? That he can crawl? Anyone can make web shooters. Literally anyone could be a "spider" if you can just make web shooters given the tech.
>>
>>93208499
Peter is one the smartest people in the Marvel Universe. Reed Richards & Victor Von Doom are the smartest, but Peter isn't too far behind them. He's smarter than Stark. Stark is just more mechanically adept.
>>
>>93221772
Smarter than Pym
>>
>>93209348
He had shooters before he met Tony.
>>
>>93209375
A broke kid living with his aunt in Brooklyn wouldn't have the funds to make a costume as advanced as Stark-Tech. The webshooter is still Peter's own, Tony just added the Spiderlight because Tony loves to add useless shit.
>>
>>93208357
bait desu
>>
File: Venom Puke.png (575KB, 566x472px) Image search: [Google]
Venom Puke.png
575KB, 566x472px
>>93208357
>>
>>93221800
I like that his spider icon comes off
>>
>>93221758
You're right. Batman should be called Orphan Man instead. Anybody can be a "bat" if you just slap a big bat symbol, pointy ears, and a cape on a gray spandex suit. Or maybe we should give Batman bat superpowers and erase one of his most well-known traits?
>>
>>93221848
But that literally happens. People DO take up the mantle of the Bat and LITERALLY become batman by dressing as him and using his stuff. The major difference is the person, Bruce's superpowers are inhuman dedication and ridiculous willpower.

I won't argue that Pete's character doesn't have its own merits but organic web for the purpose of him actually having a power makes a lot more sense.
>>
>mechanical web shooters
This always seemed very jarring and strange to me. Hey let's make a hero with spider powers, he can climb on walls, be super strong, fast reactions BUT NO WEB. The most unique thing about spiders is the web making, why make a spider hero without web making? It's silly.
>>
>>93221859
>organic web for the purpose of him actually having a power makes a lot more sense.
It doesn't. He already has tons of powers without it, and what's wrong with the spider theme being his own creation instead of something just handed to him? I will never understand this argument. His identity is lessened because he wasn't forced into the spider motif?
>>
>>93221828
Sometimes Stark does something amazing. The spider drone is pretty awesome. As well the 500+ webbing options.
>>
>>93221875
Maybe because they wanted other aspects of his character to play a larger role? Maybe because they asserted some modicum of creativity into creating him and his alter ego? And I know you don't know this, but the fact that Peter CHOSE to be Spider-Man when he could have been any other kind of hero with just the powers from the bite is something that comes up.

With mechanical shooters Peter's intelligence plays a much larger role in a subtle way, and he actually displays agency in choosing his theme and identity instead of being practically forced into it. These elements shouldn't be sacrificed just because you think one little thing doesn't add up.
>>
>>93221939
>but the fact that Peter CHOSE to be Spider-Man when he could have been any other kind of hero

He was bitten by a radioactive spider, that's kind of on the nose, even for caper shit.
>>
>>93208192
I don't even remember them doing that in the last two movies. I recall one of them being damaged, but that was it.
>>
>>93221897
But he was bit by a radioactive spider. That's literally a plot point. He didn't come up with the theme at all. Don't try to defend this shitty decision.

I get web shooters to maybe enhance organic webbing, but him creating his own first makes so much more sense.
>>
>>93221954
Irrelevant. The point is he didn't have to go with the spider theme because without webbing his powers could be interpreted in lots of ways.
>>
>>93208192
The only time this happened was in the movie with organic webs, funny enough.
>>
>>93221985
Plenty of spiders aren't orb weavers though.
>>
>>93221897
>It doesn't. He already has tons of powers without it, and what's wrong with the spider theme being his own creation instead of something just handed to him? I will never understand this argument. His identity is lessened because he wasn't forced into the spider motif?

Depowering isn't a bad idea. I don't think it would lessened his character. He could be the glue man or sticky man.

Organic webbing can be like mechanic webbing. Hell, He could still build mechanic webbing and call it day.
>>
>>93221980
>He didn't come up with the theme at all
Except he did. He didn't have to be Spider-Man just because of the bite. He chose to go with that theme and created the web shooters to reinforce it.

This isn't hard to understand. You go with organic and you downplay or just straight up sacrifice aspects of his character.
>>
>>93221994
So?
>>
>>93221997
I have no clue what you're saying here.
>>
>Peter invented a car that can stick to walls
>"lol the web shooters are what truly show he's a genius inventor, don't downplay this"
>>
>>93207938
i wonder what it would feel like if he shot web from his butt ha ha i bet it would be stinky he he
>>
>>93222015
Oops, I misread your post. I thought you were the anon that hates organic webbing.
>>
>>93222000
It actually changes nothing if you go with organic. Him developing the webbing is illogical. He's a high school kid with no money. How is he going to develop a ridiculous adhesive that will let him swing at high speeds, among every other thing that he does with it?

He doesn't have to be Spider-Man, no, but he was bitten by a spider and has abilities similar to a spider. He could be The Crawler but it just does not make any sense NOT be be the Spider-Man.
Similar to how it makes no sense for the webbing to be made by him separately to put into devices on his arm. You can cry about Raimi or whatever else you want all day long, but in the end it makes more sense and is one of the things that Stan fucked up on when he was writing.
>>
>>93222038
>muh realism in a fantasy genre
>>
In my opinion they had a completelly different reason to make his webbing artificial :
Imagine him really having that ability from the spider, then it would be more appropriate to make him shoot his silk out of his butt.
I am no expert, but a superhero that uses something silky-white that comes out of his pants to save children with does not sound very sellable to me.
>>
>>93222048
That's actually close to one of the reasons why mechanical keeps coming back. A lot of people think it's off-putting for a hero to be swinging around on his bodily fluids and touching other people with them.
>>
>>93222046
Not an argument.

>>93222066
>>93222048
At least this one makes a tad bit of sense.
>>
File: 1472272480578.jpg (368KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1472272480578.jpg
368KB, 894x894px
>mechanical web shooters show Peter's intelligence

There are a lot of good arguments for mechanical shooters and this isn't one of them. Telling the audience X character is smart because he is Y or invented Z is lazy as all fuck. You can show Peter's intelligence by way he uses his webs (and the rest of his powers), not by the fact that it comes from his suit or not. Take the sewer scene in TASM, although executed poorly the scene showed how clever Peter was on the big screen without actually having a character say "Oh pete you're so clever". TASM series, for all of its shortcomings, had plenty of moments like this that showed how smart Peter was even if Andrew Garfield played him like a chucklefuck.
>>
>>93222072
>Not an argument.
It is, actually. Realism just isn't such an imperative factor in fantasy, and superhero definitely falls into fantasy. Sorry that a science prodigy creating incredible devices from average materials is too much of a stretch for you, even though regular people in the real world build tons of cheap, impressive gadgets all the time.

In short, if my argument isn't an argument, then neither is yours.
>>
>>93222085
>Telling the audience X character is smart because he is Y or invented Z is lazy as all fuck
You've got it backwards. Peter's interest in science came before the web shooters in the story. They're a result of him being characterized as intelligent and talented at science. They didn't work backwards from web shooters. He's also invented things and showcased his intelligence lots of ways aside from the web shooters.

Fuck off back to /tv/.
>>
>>93222085
This. Him being smart is a good thing but inventing the web shooters himself is just retarded. Having them? Okay, but have an actual scientist design them. Its much easier to suspend your disbelief about things that are obviously not real, rather than saying on top of having superpowers he is a child prodigy inventing better technology on a shoestring budget than world class engineers can with unlimited funds
>>
>>93222118
That's a false equivalency. You're implying that cheap impressive gadgets are anything on the level of web shooters, which are military grade adhesive that's fast acting and can be pressurized in a small area, with tons of application options.

Don't be retarded, yours is not an argument because you literally said ITS JUST A COMIC WHY DO YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT ANYTHING LOL.

It's one thing if he makes the web and puts them into the shooters, but him developing the adhesive on his own is just plain ridiculous. He would be rich as fuck from that alone, never mind whatever else he could think up.

>>93222147
>showcased his intelligence lots of ways aside from the web shooters.
Not him, but you're just proving him correct. Him not coming up with web shooters doesn't make him not smart magically, same as him coming up with them would make him smart. Like you even said his intelligence was shown in other ways. Trying to call his inventing them as a reason they are good and adding to his character is dumb, by your own logic.
>>
>>93222161
>implying web tech is better than any other tech in the Marvel Universe.
It's low tier tech.
>>
Hi guys, I haven't read a single spider man comic in my life and I think I speak for everyone when I say that organic webs are much better. I mean, come on, web shooty thingies? Who comes up with this stuff? What makes him a spider then? Cling foil on his fingertips so he doesn't slip while leaning onto a wall because he's drunk again because he can't decide which pussy to chase even though only pussy that loves him is his aunt May? Heck, Supes has the same color pattern on his costume, he could stick to walls by just flying, and he's even stronger. Why is isn't supes spidey, and spidey Strongman, cuz you know, he's real strong and so on but the only white stuff he can shoot out is spunk when he uses that magic cling foil to spy on Mary jane even though gwen is obviously a better catch.
>>
>>93222228
You will never be this mad.

also checked
>>93222222
>>
>>93222228
I hate you for having me read that.
>>
>>93222196
So? Its now "low tier tech" for an unfunded teenager

Youre a retarded apologist if you think its good writing/ character building to have a kid like that be some tech wunderkin unless thats literally their only character trait

Peter wouldnt have lived in poverty for a second if he could build any tech on the level of the webshooters. He would have literally been lauded as the next einstein through his schoolyears and probably gotten hundreds of thousands of dollars from the government to fund whatever scholarship he wanted and right onto working for the government off of that
>>
>>93222167
I find it hard to believe that you like superheroes at all if you're so anal about realism. No, it isn't hard to believe that in this fantasy story, the original issue of which was literally called AMAZING FANTASY #15, a science prodigy built simple but amazing technology. Tony Stark built a miniaturized arc reactor in a cave, with scraps, as the meme goes. Peter has been consistently acknowledged as having an intellect and aptitude for science near or at the level of the top minds in Marvel, including Tony. So is Tony building the arc reactor out of scraps something that's unrealistic and retarded to you as well? When other scientists couldn't manage it with a whole facility?

>He would be rich as fuck from that alone
Way to show that you don't read comics, haven't read the thread, or know anything about Peter Parker as a character.

>Trying to call his inventing them as a reason they are good and adding to his character is dumb, by your own logic.
They're a reflection of his character. This isn't hard to understand.
>>
>>93222265
Read the thread before you post, jackass.
>>
>>93222240
I seriously don't know how that came across as mad.
>>
>>93222288
Ive read through this thread twice, are you retarded/ illiterate? Just because he cant sell the actual web material as it is, the capability to invent something on that level means he is already literally above any engineer/ scientist that exist in our world, meaning its yet another superpower for an already ridiculously superpowered character
>>
>>93222269
If all his character is to you is a reflection of his inventions, which he honestly doesn't have that many of note, then Spider-Man is a shit character who should just be called inventor man according to you.

This argument is stupid and actually is just a distraction from the real argument of organic making much more sense, on a meta level and within the story.

And no, Pete struggles his entire life and you think he wouldn't try to market web shooters? The webbing fits him more as a character, it being a gift and a great burden of responsibility that only he can utilize. It's a much better choice and you should know it. Again shooters aren't a problem if they enhance his natural ability but other than that they do not actually add anything to his character.
>>
>>93222265
Do you also want to know who fills Batman's tires with air?
>>
>>93222321
>Ive read through this thread twice
I doubt, because what you're saying has been covered. The gist of it, anyway. And it would also be obvious why Peter wouldn't go for it if you actually understood his character.
>>
>>93222316
It's a poorly constructed strawman argument that doesn't actually disprove anything that is stated in the argument for organic web over shooters.

It's a passive aggressive attack on everyone who actually used words to try and debate. It's pathetic honestly.

>>93222337
There's specifically a character who does this though. Harold Allnut.
>>
>>93222337
What a retarded argument. Batman is twice as old as Peter, ridiculously experienced and he still explicitly DOESN'T create his own gadgets. His tools are customized Waynetech from Fox. Call me back when Bruce builds his own batmobile at age 15
>>
File: 1356896617554.jpg (57KB, 714x684px) Image search: [Google]
1356896617554.jpg
57KB, 714x684px
A Spider-Man that can't make webs is like a cheetah man that can't run fast or a fish man that can't breath underwater.
>>
>>93219456
Out the same place organic webshooters should be located.
>>
>>93222378
http://www.burkemuseum.org/blog/myth-all-spiders-make-webs
>>
>>93222325
>If all his character is to you is a reflection of his inventions
I said the exact opposite of that, dumbass. That his character is reflected in his inventions.

>This argument is stupid and actually is just a distraction from the real argument of organic making much more sense
It's not.

>Pete struggles his entire life and you think he wouldn't try to market web shooters?
He did. He failed. Multiple times. Later when he matured and wasn't struggling so much he turned down offers from Tony to patent the shooters. Read the thread.

>The webbing fits him more as a character, it being a gift and a great burden of responsibility that only he can utilize
Wrong. Peter has themes of sacrifice and responsibility in his character, and being unable to cash in on being Spider-Man and his inventions because he has other responsibilities that he has to attend to is a better reflection of his character, a willing sacrifice that he makes to live up to his responsibilities. So not only have you not read the thread, you don't even read Spider-Man comics. He was unable to sell the webbing because he couldn't dedicate the time to enhancing it, because he had other responsibilities. And likewise his career in show business was trashed because of his choice to be a superhero. Is the meaning behind those things lost on you? Peter is a character that makes personal, willing sacrifices for the greater good.

>but other than that they do not actually add anything to his character.
They reflect his character.
>>
>>93222370
>building simple web shooters is the equivalent of designing and building a sophisticated car filled with all sorts of gadgets
>>
>>93222436
>building "simple" web shooters and the web that goes in them with a retardedly low amount of money
>>
>>93222473
The web shooters themselves are simple though. Just a wrist mounted cartridge holder with a steel nipple, nozzle, and trigger. The cartridges themselves are just pressurized. The fluid is the real miracle, and honestly I don't see how it would cost a ton of money for a science prodigy with an amazing understanding of chemistry to create it. Although him not having enough cash to create the fluid is something that used to come up from time to time.
>>
>>93222473
>using quotations around simple negates your argument
>>
>>93222426
He can't cash in on being Spider-Man, but the web shooters are supposed to be separate. Are you telling me that the web shooters are not, in fact, part of his identity as Spider-Man?

>>93222510
That's the part that gets me honestly. Compact high pressure adhesive shooters with a ridiculous supply of fluid that is nowhere to actually be seen, that allows him to swing about and just do all kinds of ridiculous things for hours without running out. It's nonsense, and for that organic makes more sense.

I'll say it one more time, organic enhanced by shooters actually makes some sense if you must have the shooters, but they are a dated feature that is just for show. It's like web pits.
>>
>>93222543
>implying the webshooters could be sold and no one would suspect Peter Parker of being Spider-Man, the only person who has ever used webshooters
>>
>>93222574
That's the point, dumbass. He wouldn't bother being the Spider-Man when he could just market webshooters and stop living in his shit poverty life.
>>
>>93222543
>He can't cash in on being Spider-Man, but the web shooters are supposed to be separate. Are you telling me that the web shooters are not, in fact, part of his identity as Spider-Man?
I literally said he couldn't cash in on either being Spider-Man or his inventions. Web shooters fall under inventions, and the inventions reflect his character. Get some reading comprehension.

>more muh realism crap
Tired of casuals parading this around like it's an argument. So are the apparent bottomless clips in action flicks deal breakers for you? Does Batman whipping all kinds of shit out of his belt just kill the story? What about gadgets that grow exponentially bigger than their compact form while activated? This isn't a problem with the story. It's a personal problem on your part.
>>
File: Spider-Mobile.jpg (168KB, 640x618px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Mobile.jpg
168KB, 640x618px
>>93222436
Apparently yes
>>
>>93222587
See>>93221336 and >>93221561
>>
>>93222591
>bottomless clips
Are shit. Good action films show reloading if they're using guns.
>whipping all kinds of shit out of his belt
Yes, it's stupid. Batman as a concept is stupid if you want to meme that hard.
Growing gadgets are almost always shit too.

None of those are counter-arguments for a dated concept that just doesn't make sense to be used the way it was anymore.
>>
>>93222543
so physics defying cartridges are beyond belief but physics defying glands in the wrist make perfect sense?
>>
File: 1497454728553.gif (973KB, 430x227px) Image search: [Google]
1497454728553.gif
973KB, 430x227px
>>93222599
>niggas hatin on the spider-mobile
>>
>>93222625
If he's supposed to inherit abilities from a fucking spider, they sure do.
>>
>>93222623
Missing the point. Your stupid anal opinions on realism don't require counter-arguments, because they are literally just a matter of your taste and nothing anyone says could get you to change your mind, because you take issue with inherent things in the genre. In short, you're just bitching.
>>
>>93222657
Taking issue with organic over shooters because it's "not muh" is the very epitome of "just bitching".
>>
>>93222587
You just proved you don't understand Peter Parker or Spider-Man in general. Do you recall the phrase, "with great power comes great responsibility"? Do you recall what he did with his powers as soon as he got them? Tried to get rich quick. Do you remember what happened next? Dead uncle. That right there is all the explanation you need to explain why he doesn't try to bank off of any of his talents. He's not Tony Stark, he's not Bruce Wayne. He's Peter Parker and what comes first is using his powers responsibly. Just because you're obsessed with hitting it big and finally moving out of your parents' basement doesn't mean Peter Parker is the same as you.
>>
>>93222641
But then his arms would be incredibly swollen like silk spinning spider's abdomens. Your arms aren't hollow, anon. Room would have to be made for entirely new, complex organs if you want the arms to still function.
>>
>>93222679
In the Raimi verse, where organic shooters exist just fine and don't detract from the character of Peter Parker, his uncle died as a result of him trying to get rich quick and then ignoring the responsibility because he wanted to spite the wrestling sponsor.
That's got nothing to do with trying to sell web shooters, actually. It's more of a karma thing. And you sound like you're projecting, basements don't even exist where I live.

>>93222693
But he spends a shitload of time swinging around, why couldn't he expend what's in there? The web shooters seem to be able to have infinite capacity for fluid while somehow not actually having cartridges shown existing, so why can't his arms?
>>
>>93222671
Not really. I don't care that Raimi's Peter has organic webbing, I just don't think that organic webbing has anything over mechanical and that a lot of arguments in favor of it are grossly ignorant of Peter's character. I've pointed this out a lot.
>>
>>93222679
>You just proved you don't understand Peter Parker or Spider-Man in general. Do you recall the phrase, "with great power comes great responsibility"? Do you recall what he did with his powers as soon as he got them? Tried to get rich quick. Do you remember what happened next? Dead uncle. That right there is all the explanation you need to explain why he doesn't try to bank off of any of his talents. He's not Tony Stark, he's not Bruce Wayne. He's Peter Parker and what comes first is using his powers responsibly. Just because you're obsessed with hitting it big and finally moving out of your parents' basement doesn't mean Peter Parker is the same as you.

Uncle ben didn't say that he can't be rich. He says he needs to be mature and not be a fucking asshole.
>>
>>93222679
Peter actually did try to keep making money off of Spider-Man after Ben died, and he tried multiple times to sell the webbing. It's just that it always fell through because he always chose being a superhero and doing the right thing over cashing in, highlighting the themes of sacrifice and responsibility in his character and showing his development.

>why couldn't he expend what's in there?
He does. He's been shown multiple times to run out of fluid, even outside of tense situations. I remember a scene where he got really excited over nailing a mid-air reload.
>>
>>93222744
Is he using his gifts responsibly if all he's doing is getting rich?

Also do we really need yet another rich super hero? They're more common than black men with electric powers.
>>
>>93222775
>>why couldn't he expend what's in there?
>He does. He's been shown multiple times to run out of fluid, even outside of tense situations. I remember a scene where he got really excited over nailing a mid-air reload.
meant for>>93222722
>>
>>93222784
Shit, I meant that it's for>>93222721
>>
>>93222775
That's my point. He chooses to be the hero over rich every time.
>>
>>93222803
I know, I was just clarifying.
>>
>>93222777
>Is he using his gifts responsibly if all he's doing is getting rich?

Yes? Getting your aunt out of poverty and putting her in a comfy home is good. I mean, He could give his money away for charity if you don't want non-rich super hero.
>>
>>93222879
Peter never stopped trying to support his family, and all his attempts to get rich fell through because he was Spider-Man. At least read the thread if you aren't going to read the comics.
>>
>>93222921
>Peter never stopped trying to support his family, and all his attempts to get rich fell through because he was Spider-Man. At least read the thread if you aren't going to read the comics.

Did i say that he stop trying? I say being rich is good and uncle ben didn't condemn him for trying to get money.
>>
I don't get why /co/ loves the mechanic shit this much. He's not even a spider now just a less edgy Batman.
>>
>this thread still here
>>
>>93207938
What if he is making the webbing but in order to spray it he needs a mechanical shooter? He shouldn't have the muscles to shoot a string of webbing 50+ft, he should only have the spinnerettes to press it to a surface then pull it along slowly.
>>
>>93223106
This is the best argument and makes the objective most sense. Organic + shooters or get the fuck out.
>>
>>93223106
How would that mechanical shooter work?
>>
>>93219739
He made insulated webbing to defeat Electro. Acid webbing to defeat Rhino. He created a jamming device to screw up Vulture's flight, he created the spider tracers. He developed his web cartridge belt and mini camera.
He's very gadget oriented.
>>
>>93210073
>and they've had so many chances to get rid of it yet they won't.

Peter lost the organic webbing with the OMD retcon, dumbass.
>>
>>93223294
It being a science doo-dad is easier to hand wave than supposedly going the way "that makes more sense" but ignoring the biological needs of organic shooters.
Its why they abandoned the metabolism answer for the Flash asap because at some point it raises too many questions.

He built a thing and it works, on with the story
>>
>>93223362
No, he didn't
They had an entire fucking event in which everybody on Manhattan got spider powers and guess what was included? Organic shooters. He's STILL got them but he chooses not to use them.
I won't call you a dumbass though. I suspect when you see I'm right you'll feel plenty silly.
>>
>>93221578
No. Got retconned with OMD.

Kaine has them and organic webbing now because he embraced The Other, instead of Peter.

Read a comic, anon.
>>
>>93223385
>He built a thing and it works, on with the story
Couldn't you just apply this to full mechanical shooters?
>>
>>93223428
You don't know what a retcon is.
>>
>>93223428
Kaine had them before he embraced the Other. Or did he embrace the Other before his solo series and when he was killed by those werewolves, something else happened?
>>
>>93223434
No because then people would ask where it's all coming from. "No way all that is stored in a little gland on his wrist" "they never show him having to eat a lot to maintain his starch levels" blah blah blah

Making them organic does not remove any story bullshit and just makes it even harder to suspend belief.
>>
>>93221859
>Bruce's superpowers are inhuman dedication and ridiculous willpower.

Yeah, because being highly dedicated sure says "BATman", right?
>>
>>93223459
Kane got the Other during Grim Hunt...I think
>>
>>93223478
He doesn't have powers. He dresses like a bat, that's what says Batman. This is a terrible argument at best and false equivalency. You're just being retarded.
>>
>>93223409
>He's STILL got them but he chooses not to use them.
Do you have a source for that? Because Peter hasn't displayed any of the extra powers he got from the Other, and Kaine was the Other in the Weaver's prophecy or whatever. Not Peter.

And when everyone got spider powers during Spider-Island, wasn't one of the things that tipped Carlie off to his identity that he DIDN'T have organic shooters like everyone else? I could be misremembering that though. And during spider island, weren't those powers everyone got the first phase of a full on spider being transformation? That's probably why they got organic shooters. I know there was a Battleworld in Secret Wars that had a post-Spider Island apocalypse thing going, where the Spider Queen succeeded and nearly everyone was a spider monster.
>>
>>93207938
How about shaking his hair go irritate his enemies eyes
>>
>>93223495
Same thing for Spider-Man. He CHOSE the spider as his theme. None of his powers are actually SPIDER oriented. they are radioactive magic powers that he decided to cover with a spider theme. It says so in his first goddamned appearance.

He made the web shooters as his gimmick to complete the spider theme. He didn't become Spider-Man to fight crime. It was all a gimmick to use on TV.
>>
>>93223495
>It's different because I say it is
He dresses up like a spider, web shooters included. That's what says Spider-Man. Why is that logic acceptable for one but not the other?
>>
>>93223525
Sure, it was a gimmick, but if being able to crawl on walls and have a feeling for things that are around you are not spider oriented powers to you, then you really don't know shit about spiders.

>>93223532
Because one of them has powers that are spider oriented. How is this a hard thing to grasp for you people?
>>
>>93223516
The organic shooters weren't from the Other.

And it was some issue not too long ago he said he still has the organics but doesn't use them because its a hassle to eat enough.
>>
>>93223541
>but if being able to crawl on walls and have a feeling for things that are around you are not spider oriented powers to you, then you really don't know shit about spiders.Lol
He wall crawls by electrostatic means, not hairs or hooks on his fingers. And his spider sense is a low level telepathic ability not a bunch of eyes ontop of his head. None of his powers are biologically spider-like. It's all radioactive blood.
>>
>>93223588
Sure, but it gave him inspiration to be a spider because they resemble things that spiders are capable of. Them not operating exactly the same doesn't mean they are not similar.
>>
>>93222167
>You're implying that cheap impressive gadgets are anything on the level of web shooters

You're really, really overestimating how complicated web shooters actually are. They're pretty simple, mechanically speaking. Stop being such a sperg.
>>
>>93223553
>The organic shooters weren't from the Other.
They literally were. That's how he got them. Moldrun or whoever killed him, he embraced the Other, and he was totally reborn. It was a whole big thing, and he got a lot of new powers out of it. Enhanced spider sense, the ability to feel vibrations on the air, the forearm spikes, and the organic webbing. Where did he get them from, if not there?

>And it was some issue not too long ago he said he still has the organics but doesn't use them because its a hassle to eat enough.
So then it's literally canon that organics are inferior to mechanical.
>>
>>93207938
How do those web slingers work?

What the fuck metal is that made of to withstand the tensional pressure from swinging from building to building?
>>
>>93223541
>How is this a hard thing to grasp for you people?
Because it's stupid and doesn't make sense.
>>
>>93223618
The webs aren't metal, they are literally a synthetic, web-like material. If you mean the shooters themselves, he grabs the webs in his hands.
>>
>>93223616
>They literally were.
Nope. Try again. The Spider Queen mutated him and that's how he got them. The Other hadn't happened yet.
>>
>>93209566
haha
>>
File: Web1.jpg (249KB, 780x1208px) Image search: [Google]
Web1.jpg
249KB, 780x1208px
>>93222265
>for an unfunded teenager
Webbing ingredients can be bought for less than 20USD and found at any local pharmacy. So you can fuck right off with the whole "Muh poor Peter!" meme
>>
>>93221027
Back to... /the past/
>>
File: web2.jpg (274KB, 780x1190px) Image search: [Google]
web2.jpg
274KB, 780x1190px
>>93223654
>>
>>93223639
What story?
>>
>>93223625
It makes plenty of sense if you actually have any form of reading comprehension.

Pete can adhere to surfaces. Pete can react to things the way a spider would via extrasensory means, albeit not visually. These are spider traits, not exclusively, but he was also bitten by a spider, and hence the inspiration.

Similarly, Bruce employs the symbol of the bat because it strikes fear into criminals, as he was once in fear of bats. This isn't difficult, stop making it over complicated

>>93223603
Not really the shooters, it's more about developing the web tech itself. Anyone could make a container that would fire material. It gets more complicated when you think about what the web fluid is and how it actually becomes web when it's fired. And then how you can store a meaningful amount without running out.

>>93223654
Somewhat valid point, except that shows that this is his first webbing, which he clearly made better and developed further.
>>
>>93223654
>>93223668
This is Ben Reilly, right?
>>
>>93223686
Spectacular Spider-Man v2 #17-20
Avengers Disassembled was happening, quite a while before The Other.
>>
>>93223691
>It gets more complicated when you think about what the web fluid is
Something created by a science prodigy noted to be on the same level as some of the top minds in Marvel when they were his age.

>how it actually becomes web when it's fired. And then how you can store a meaningful amount without running out.
Think of it as the same concept as silly string. Stored as a liquid in a pressurized container, expands and solidifies when fired through a very thin nozzle. Peter also had a "glue" mode on his shooters early on, when he just fired it as a liquid without forcing it through the thin nozzle.
>>
All cape comics have "but why don't they just..." bullshit. It's part of the ride.
Pete is brilliant and that's why. Full stop. Why is it suck a sticking point with some people? Of all the retarded bullshit in superhero comics, Pete somehow making webs is where they draw the line?
>>
>>93223775
This isn't far fetched, but somehow him creating a webbing fluid within him is?

And then the same people who shit on 'muh realism' then talk shit about how it wouldn't make sense but still say this is fine?

What the fuck is wrong with /co/.

Still maintaining that web fluid developed within him + shooters to modify the webbing is superior.
>>
>>93222721
>where organic shooters exist just fine and don't detract from the character of Peter Parker
Peter's characterization was completely wrong in Raimi's movies, though. Not just because of the lack of webshooters. His charactization is completely off from the source material. Peter doesn't act anything like Raimi's version in the comics.
>>
>>93223804
>Still maintaining that web fluid developed within him + shooters to modify the webbing is superior.

this
>>
>>93223804
>This isn't far fetched, but somehow him creating a webbing fluid within him is?
Didn't say organic was far fetched unless I was turning it back on people claiming mechanical was just too much to believe compared to it.

>And then the same people who shit on 'muh realism' then talk shit about how it wouldn't make sense but still say this is fine?
I'm humoring you by trying to make it sound plausible based on what I know about it. I don't really care.

>What the fuck is wrong with /co/.
Stuff.

>Still maintaining that web fluid developed within him + shooters to modify the webbing is superior.
You're entitled to your opinion.
>>
>>93223804
Because there's an easier pill to swallow when it's a comic-book gadget. It's not more "realistic" its just a better answer to address his intelligence, his choice to be a spider-themed guy and allows him to mix all kinds of special webbing on the fly, which he has done time and time again.
It's a neat device and nothing is gained by making them organic other than soothing a weird subset of people's autism.
>>
>>93223491
This is correct. Happened much earlier than Yost's Scarlet Spider book.
>>
>>93213380
Where does he store all the mass for that webbing? wouldn't he have giant bulbous mechanical webshooters on his arms?
>>
>>93223495
>He dresses like a bat, that's what says Batman

And Spider-Man dresses with a spider-motif.

>b-b-but Spider-Man is different! Because I say so!
>>
>>93223553
>And it was some issue not too long ago he said he still has the organics but doesn't use them because its a hassle to eat enough.

Post a friggin' source, dumbass.
>>
>>93223888
It's a gadget. Comic book gadgets are good at being compact. Ever see what a real grappling hook gun would have to look like? But every hero ever has a little gun or god forbid a little wrist-mounted hook-shot.
Super hero gadgets being small is normal. Organic shooters would be web-jizz from the web-jizz dimension.
>>
>>93223923
I'm not digging through a million comics to find one page, dumbass
>>
>>93223888
It's a pressurized liquid that expands and solidifies when fired.
>>
>>93223618
>What the fuck metal is that made of to withstand the tensional pressure from swinging from building to building?

So you just discovered who this "Spider-Man" character is, huh?
>>
File: 1430750143398.png (56KB, 401x372px) Image search: [Google]
1430750143398.png
56KB, 401x372px
Holy crap are casuals toxic. Is there really a point to argue this much over shit you barely understand?
>>
>>93223691
>except that shows that this is his first webbing, which he clearly made better and developed further.

How is that relevant in any way?

The point is that you don't have to be rich to manufacture webbing. You have to have 16 bucks and it made enough for Ben to manufacture webbing for a whole story arc (Media Blizzard), at least.
>>
>>93208039
you should consider suicide if you actually like those things about the new spiderman.
>>
>>93223702
Yeah, its from Sensational Spider-Man #0, when Ben first takes over the mantel of Spider-Man.
>>
File: 1483595031553.png (192KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1483595031553.png
192KB, 700x700px
>>93208039
>spiderman is a fucking race mixer now.
Reminder that blacks are savages who will kidnap and torture anybody who disagrees with them.
>>
>>93221027
>being this butthurt
>>
I really don't understand why this is such a big deal.
>>
File: Spider-Man's_Utility_Belt_0001.jpg (126KB, 478x465px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man's_Utility_Belt_0001.jpg
126KB, 478x465px
>>93223691
>It gets more complicated when you think about what the web fluid is and how it actually becomes web when it's fired.

Right, which is why its established that Peter was well versed in chemistry, before he even got bit.

>nd then how you can store a meaningful amount without running out.

You know he carries multiple cartridges in his utility belt, right? And that its not all crammed into a single device, right?
>>
>>93223890

It is canon that Batman can be anything if something crash through his window.

Spider-man motif was force on him. You will never see another version of spider-man that says "I want to be a grasshopper". He is always connect to being spider. Unless you count bag-man?
>>
>>93223953
Then fuck off. Can't back your shit up? Then you have no argument.
>>
>>93209093
yeah its really unrealistic. the better option is webbing his body creates, that he fires out his wrists, out of a socket that grew once he got bit by a spider,
>>
>>93224066
Yes it is, considering that its much easier to get invested in actual fantasy rather than something that teeters so close to real world logic that you start to focus on the retarded fallacies and issues with it. Youre either an 8 year old or an actual retard if you dont understand this. >>93223804 is the only good solution
>>
>>93224036
>Spider-man motif was force on him.
I know these are really challenging concepts for a mongoloid such as yourself to follow. So let me break it down for you:

Peter was bitten by a spider. Said spider gave him super powers. As an homage to said spider, he took up a spider motif.

Literally nothing about that was forced.
>>
>>93224062
Then YOU fuck off. Like I've got nothing better to do than make you happy. I know I'm right and I don't have to prove a damn thing to you. Eat a dick.
>>
>>93224121
So he chose to be bitten by a spider?
>>
>>93209566
Head cannon accepted
>>
>>93224111
>obsessing over comics being "too real-but-not-really" yet calls other people retards
>>
>>93224138
>Like I've got nothing better to do than make you happy.

Yeah, you made the claim. Support your shit. You've got enough time to bitch about bullshit here on /co/, stop fapping and dig up the source.

More likely, instead of pulling the whole "wah! I'm super busy!" meme, you're just pulling shit out of your ass.
>>
>>93224167
HURRRR. The spider bit him but gave him radioactive powers. NONE of his powers are actual spider mutations. He chose the spider motif because it was a spider that gave him the powers.
>>
>>93224167
Bruce Wayne chose to be afraid of bats?
>>
>>93224183
I'm not saying I'm busy. I've got not a damn thing going on but serving you is not on my list.
It's a Slott issue, go find it yourself.
>>
>>93224176
well "argued" fucking retard
>>
>>93224222
>nice argument
>posts no argument
>>
>>93224217
>can't supply source
>>
>>93209566
In all seriousness, what is wrong with the "compromise" position where the webbing is is organically generated but mechanically fired? This way it gives Peter a way to show off mechanical know-how (and chemical know-how, if he can also mix stuff in to make different kinds of webs) while also giving an explanation as to why he doesn't commercialize his webbing.
>>
>>93224217
If you make a claim and say you can back it up with evidence then at least provide the proof. Otherwise fuck off.
>>
>>93224268
>>93224282
You people have access to the same comics I do. Look it up yourself. I don;t need to back a damn thing up. It's all there so look for it.
>>
>>93224312
>makes claim
>"I know my shit!"
>"What? You want me to actually support my claim!"
>"Nah, find it yourself!"

Yeah, real convincing, buddy.
>>
So where would you guys rather be stuck, the punch dimension, the meat dimension, or the web dimension?

>>93224268
I feel like that's the worst of both worlds. There are (somewhat valid) complaints about either one being unrealistic, so adding both together just doubles down on those complaints.
>>
>>93224121

Then later comics, Like the spider-verse. Spider-totems, Other spider-mans, spider-monster

And then it is became destiny to become spider-man. ALSO tell me which version of peter Parker did he became a different super-hero?
>>
>>93224268
>what is wrong with the "compromise" position where the webbing is is organically generated but mechanically fired?
It's entirely superfluous and reeks of a try-hard concept. There are already explanations for why he doesn't commercialize his webbing both in the comic and in this very thread.

I support mechanic wholeheartedly, but I would rather him have full on organic than this retarded half-and-half shit that sounds like babby's first creative compromise.
>>
>>93208017
Mechanical is better for print, but for live action films and TV shows there is no need for it, it only adds in wasted time explaining the devices.
>>
>>93224361
>spider-monster

Which Spider-Monster? Peter was mutated into a giant spider by Spider-Queen.

Unlike the 90s animated series (which I'm sure you're getting your info from there), Peter never turned into a giant man-spider when he grew the extra arms (which only happened for a few issues). That was taken from an entirely different character (Brian Kornfield).
>>
>>93224409
>in film and tv we can just forget key elements of Spider-Man's characterization

Fuck off.
>>
>>93224340
Meat dimension sounds like the most fuckable.
>>
>Spiderman doesn't make webs

Why is he even Spiderman. It's almost as arbitrary as Batman.
>>
>>93224474
Read the fucking thread, dumbass.
>>
>>93224361
Different writers.
>>
>>93224409
This isn't /tv/, so that argument is both irrelevant and stupid.
>>
>>93224474
These posts just have to be bait by this point.
>>
>>93223732
I'll concede the point on that one. Thanks for making me read through Ramos' garbage art and that stupid story. I accidentally went to issue 14 first, way better story and art.
>>
File: Peter_Parker_(Earth-9792).jpg (21KB, 291x298px) Image search: [Google]
Peter_Parker_(Earth-9792).jpg
21KB, 291x298px
>>93224361
>ALSO tell me which version of peter Parker did he became a different super-hero?

Earth-9792's Peter becomes Sheep Boy (pic related).

Earth-51977's becomes Nova.

Just to name a few.
>>
>>93224618
He also masqueraded as Daredevil once, iirc.
>>
>>93218120
>Slutty Sue looking at his dick
Whore
>>
>>93224618
>Earth-9792's Peter becomes Sheep Boy (pic related).

Did he get bitten by radioactive sheep?

>Earth-51977's becomes Nova.

I don't count this.
>>
>>93223618
No dummy the metal of the slingers retard.
>>
>>93224458
The only elements that are "key" to his character is that he's a teenager with a huge sense of remorse for allowing the mugger who killed his kind uncle to escape. The kid genius angle makes no sense because 1) he's a struggling photographer, if he was a genius he could just get a research job at a university. 2) it makes him yet another Marvel character that is too good at everything.

Like I said, it makes sense for print, but for movies and TV it's not necessary. Conversely, for a character like Tony Stark, it is necessary to show him creating the suits because that is where his power comes from, his engineering genius.
>>
>>93224774
Really tired of retards who don't read threads before they post. Also tired of retards who don't read the fucking comics and come in here talking like they know what's what.
>>
>>93224769
>I don't count this.
Why? That seems pretty arbitrary.
>>
>>93224774
>The only elements that are "key" to his character is that he's a teenager with a huge sense of remorse for allowing the mugger who killed his kind uncle to escape.

So your only exposure to Spider-Man is Raimi's movies? Got it.
>>
>>93208752
fuck
>>
>>93208805
He's a white boy
>>
>>93217052
spiders don't lift 100x more than their strength or have a 6th sense.
>>
>>93221138
No it doesn't. That reason is gay as fuck and that anon is really really fucking reaching there with that mental gymnastics shit.
>>
>>93225059
But nothing he said was untrue or hard to understand.
>>
>>93212438
>WAHH WHY IS THE MOST POPULAR DEPICTION OF SPIDER MAN THE MOST PERFERRED
>>
>>93224904
He got different kind of powers. So, it doesn't count.

Only thing that spider did is make him charlie xavier.
>>
>>93225044

Wrong. Spiders can also turn invisible, electrocute prey, and stab foes with special stingers in their forelegs.
>>
I always say organic and mechanical shooters should be combined. Purely mechanical web shooters should be standard issue police equipment if there isn't some unique aspect that only let's Pete use them.
>>
>>93224005

Peter Parker is a canon secular jew so he was racemixing with an aryan redhead woman all this time dumb polposter
>>
>>93225436
>Only thing that spider did is make him charlie xavier.
Wut.
>>
>>93225928
>Peter Parker is a canon secular jew

Hahaha what.
>>
Why won't /co/ admit that Raimi Spidey was better and more memorable than any comics Spidey?
>>
>>93222390
underrated post
>>
>>93208357
Very VERY poor bait anon
>>
>>93225640
READ
THE
THREAD
>>
>>93208544
Parker is the only one people actually like.

At least you have that, anon.
>>
>>93224618
>that issue where he had to escape from a Welshman
>>
>>93223478
>ridiculous willpower.

He ain't no Hal Jordan. Fucker can't even kill because he is afraid of going crazy.
>>
>>93222995
The picture doesn't relate to the thread
>>
>>93212829
Yeah this would make sense. The webshooters are so he can shoot it and also store it away. A mixure of both would please most people AND it would solve the problem of "well why doesn't he just sell webshooters to the goverment and get rich" and such.
>>
>>93228467
>A mixure of both would please most people.
Doubtful. It sounds stupid.
>it would solve the problem of "well why doesn't he just sell webshooters to the goverment and get rich" and such.
Try reading the comics sometime. Or even just the threads you're posting in.
>>
>>93209566
This is the best solution.
>>
File: Picture-24[1].png (180KB, 497x278px) Image search: [Google]
Picture-24[1].png
180KB, 497x278px
if he is going to have organic web spinners. then they should be placed near his butt. Then he can use technology to get the webbing from his butt to his wrists.
>>
>>93224336
Yeah, I was really looking forward to a source too. I wonder why that anon won't put out.
>>
>>93212534
You're thinking of Regent from the Secret Wars' Renew Your Vows.
>>
>>93229126
To be fair to him, he was right about Peter getting organic shooters from the Spider Queen instead of the Other. I actually checked that one. And Peter does tell Carlie during Spider-Island that stocking up on carbs and fluids is the best way to get your body to build up webbing.
>>
>>93212534
He doesn't. Not in the main universe. Silk has better spider sense. That's explicitly pointed out in the Amazing Spider-Man book.
>>
>>93208434
Not that anon but some spiders do have webbing glands in their feet (usually the larger ones), and there does exist at least one spitting spider that shoots sticky blasts of tangley webbing out of its fangs in order to immobilize prey.

Also curiously, much like Parker's mutated spider form, the spitting spider is a hunting spider that is ugly as hell and has a giant head with only six eyes. That's probably just a coincidence though.

With that said, I always liked how Spider-Man was more than just a guy with spider powers. I like that half of his powers come from his imagination and wit, and it meshes with the symbolic story of Spider-Man being this kid who is growing into maturity, who is defined not just by his circumstances but by his choices. Everything about him reflects the experience of being a young adult, and making his web shooters organic not just spits in the eye of nerds who imagine Spider-Man as their own personal science hero, it also conflicts with the metaphor, however unintentional, that everything about him is a kid learning to become an adult.
>>
>>93229219
>And Peter does tell Carlie during Spider-Island that stocking up on carbs and fluids is the best way to get your body to build up webbing.

Yeah, he knows that because he had organic webbing for a while (from the Spider-Queen stuff), as previously established. But he lost it, along with all of the additional powers he gained from The Other as part of the OMD retcon. Right in the beginning of Brand New Day, Peter gets his web shooters stolen and he's shit out of luck.
>>
>>93229243
>Silk has better spider sense
Not post-Spider-Verse. After Spider-Verse, its explicitly stated that her spider sense doesn't work anywhere near as well.
>>
>>93229107
Oh my god that's so hilarious did you think that up yourself?
>>
Personally, I want full organic Peter with natural webs, super enhanced strength and spider-fu(yep). Back in Black was fucking amazing.
>>
>>93219533
Ben was the first to make "stingers" that injected a toxin, they were just shootable, Miles is cheating with electricity for how fucking dumb it works. Like an overpowered taser.
>>
>>93208026
the whole point of peter parker and Spider-Man is peter parker is a nerd while Spider-Man who is awesome.
>>
>>93229697
>Miles is cheating with electricity for how fucking dumb it works. Like an overpowered taser
If you think that's bad, imagine a ranged version of it. Jessica has that.
>>
File: homemade webshooters.png (964KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
homemade webshooters.png
964KB, 1920x1080px
>>93209348

He was literally wearing his own webshooters when he met Tony retard
>>
>>93229774
Not quite. Being Spider-Man isn't something that is really depicted as "awesome" for Peter. The opposite, usually.
>>
>>93210123
easy, genetics.
>>
>>93229786
Miles can make his "taser" run up webbing, that's right, insulated webbing can conduct his taser "venom." Fuck Bendis and his shitty Miles wank.
>>
>>93211283
Its in his fucking origin story. what's he supposed to build in his basement while broke? a fucking robot?
>>
>>93229850
Is the webbing usually insulated? I know Peter had to make a special insulated batch for Electro.
>>
>>93223656
..... Samurai Jack.
>>
>>93225640
>some unique aspect that only let's Pete use them
Well, I'm not saying that the police need to be swinging around anyways, but Peter's spider sense does help him know where to shoot his webs on buildings so that he doesn't put any strain on a weak part.
>>
>>93229774
Sure thing, Raimifag. Read a comic.
>>
>>93229888
Peter had to make an insulated suit to fight Electro. I don't remember him needing his webbing specially made to not be conductive to electricity. But that just makes it even more annoying since Electro specifically has electricity powers, but Bendis goes on about how Miles "doesn't" have electricity powers and the Venom Blast doesn't work like electricity powers. Because he's an inconsistent bitch.
>>
>>93229786
>Jessica has that.
So does Miles. You don't remember his AOE version when he fought Doom? Or the time he sent his Venom Blast through a fuckin' web and one shot'd 616 Peter?
>>
>>93229888
>Is the webbing usually insulated?
Its non-consecutive, yes.
>>
>>93230059
Yeah, I know what you're talking about. The overdrive shit and the Spider-Men special. But it's not the same as Jessica's venom blast, which is literally a beam blast. That's what I was getting at. Miles' Venom Blast wouldn't be so bullshit in the hands of a decent writer though. Bendis relies on it too much and I think he actually wrote it so that it was stronger against stronger enemies, like some kind of level scaling shit.
>>
>>93208499

What?

Because Web Shooters are no where near close to being the cookiest science bullshit various Marvel geniuses have come up with.
>>
>>93230216
Jess's doesn't do half the bullshit that Miles Venom Blast has pulled.
>>
File: Scrubs reaction.gif (1MB, 389x292px) Image search: [Google]
Scrubs reaction.gif
1MB, 389x292px
>>93230744
Shiiiiit that aint right, i menat this
>>
>>93209135
>Not wanting him to be happy
>>
>>93224458
>muh sorce muhterial
>>
>>93230786
How in the fuck did you mix up those two files with those filenames?
Thread posts: 442
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.